Why do you need a carrying bag
Experienced dog handlers will easily answer this question. A lifelong pet carrier may be required to:
- Visits to public places. Especially it concerns the decorative breeds differing in the small sizes;
- Travel If you plan to travel in a private car, you can do without this item. But when traveling by bus, train or plane, the absence of a carrying bag will become an insurmountable obstacle;
- Visits to the veterinary clinic. Routine vaccinations, medical treatment or preventive examinations – all this requires the movement of the animal in the city. You can carry a healthy dog without carrying it. But a sick pet is much more comfortable and safer to move in a familiar bag. Thus, the dog can not waste extra forces on the process of moving around the city. And the people around do not have to worry about their safety;
- Provide the animal a small cozy corner in the house. Especially, it concerns those families where there are children. Plastic box will allow the four-legged pet to retire and relax;
- Trips to the exhibition. Most decorative pets just before the show of dogs use the services of a groomer. Moving in a special box will allow you to maintain a flawless appearance and not stain wool on the legs before the exhibition.
It is important: Do not postpone the purchase of the product on the last day. The more models the owner learns, the easier it will be to make the right choice.
Types of carriers for dogs
On the domestic market there are several types of carriers. Consider each of them to make the selection process as conscious as possible. They differ in specifications, size and purpose.
Soft carrying bag
Carrying in the form of a soft bag is suitable for miniature or small pets. Outwardly, it resembles a compact gym bag, equipped with a window for ventilation.
Manufacturers offer most models with a flat bottom, with or without a frame, and medium-sized handles make transporting the animal as convenient as possible for the owner. We recommend to choose models with additional compartment. It can store a drinker, a bowl or other devices necessary during the trip.
On the domestic market also appeared carrying bags on wheels. They are convenient for transportation of medium or large dogs. Such models are distinguished by a reinforced bottom and allow the owner not to take a pet in his arms at the time of travel.
The backpack is ideal for miniature dog breeds. Most models are equipped with a small window through which the dog watches what is happening.
If the plastic window is equipped with an additional metal mesh, this will increase the level of security and make the journey as comfortable as possible.
You can choose a model that is mounted on the back of the owner. But this option is only suitable for animals with a calm temperament, able to safely be in a backpack and not see its owner at the time of movement.
The advantage of backpacks is high-quality nylon. He does not let moisture and pet does not get wet in the rain.
This product is created for those miniature decorative dogs that have a nervous temperament and do not imagine a minute away from home without the support and care of the owner.
It is for such a pet that it’s optimal to be at the chest level of the owner. A wide shoulder strap provides a secure fit and allows you to place the sling as comfortable as possible.
For a small or medium animal, such a carrying would not be suitable.
This option enjoys well-deserved recognition of the owners. Made of high-quality plastic, it does not have an unpleasant smell, it washes perfectly and does not cause an allergic reaction in the pet.
The plastic box, which is correctly chosen in size, provides the dog with an opportunity not only to lie comfortably, but also to turn inside the box.
Some manufacturers equip the product with special mounts. They provide a secure fit on the car seat with the help of seat belts. The mesh located on the door promotes good ventilation, and the ability to attach a traveling trough to provide the animal with maximum comfort.
Such products can be safely placed on a wet floor or on dirty soil without the risk of wetting the pet bedding. If desired, the dog can be fed inside the box without worrying that the bowl will turn over and the food will crumble.
Plastic boxes for air transportation deserve special attention. This is the only type of carrying in which your four-legged friend will be allowed to board the aircraft.
Before purchasing a box for air travel, check with your company’s representative what characteristics this product should have. Some airline companies have very clear requirements for boxing height. Locks are also important.
The plastic box used for air transportation should be equipped with double locks, to have a place for fixing the bowl and the trough. And also to provide good ventilation.
Cages have been used for moving and keeping a pet at an exhibition, as well as for traveling. After all, carrying a large dog (Newfoundland, Giant Schnauzer, Sheepdogs, Labradors) is not so easy to find. In this case, the ideal solution would be to purchase a metal cage.
On the grid you can easily fix the drinking trough, place a bowl of food on the floor of the cage. In addition, the animal gets the opportunity to observe others and move freely inside the cage. The product is easy to wash, and reliable locks will ensure the maximum level of security for both the pet and others.
How to choose the size of a carrying bag for a dog
To select the most convenient product, you should follow a few simple rules:
- The pet should calmly rise to its fullest height and, at the same time, not bend inside the carrier;
- Use the standard size chart when choosing a carry. It reflects the dependence of the model number on the pet’s body weight;
- When planning a trip by plane, you should check with the carrier company in advance what requirements for plastic bags puts forward your chosen airline.
It is important: do not spare the forces to study offers from manufacturers. The more models you see, the higher the probability of acquiring a practical and reliable carrying bag!
In order for the acquired carrying bag to please for many years with its durability and functionality, you should pay attention when buying it to the following nuances:
- For a model on wheels, the strength of the wheels and the bottom itself is of great importance. After all, they bear the entire burden in the process of transporting the animal;
- Fastening belts. Pay attention to how well the attachment points of handles to the side walls of the bag are stitched;
- Tight bottom This is of paramount importance for psychological comfort. Not every dog will sit quietly in a bag, the bottom of which sags under its weight. The animal needs to feel stability in order to move the journey with comfort;
- The presence of nylon or metal mesh to ensure air flow;
- Suitable sizes. If you plan a long move, it is better to choose a model with a small margin. In it, the dog will be able to turn on the 3600 and will not feel so strongly the restriction of its mobility;
- Quality materials. The carrier must be convenient to wash or wash. Most manufacturers offer hypoallergenic material without an unpleasant odor.
It is important: Sometimes the owners prefer to take the carrier from friends and not spend money on its acquisition. This approach gives the pet additional inconvenience. After all, the model is hardly ideal for him in size (the only exceptions are animals of the same breed). The product will be impregnated with the smell of another animal, which is unlikely to be able to withdraw even after washing.
We translate a dog from natural feeding to dry food. Vet tips