The parliamentarians have long ago developed and approved regulations on the use of buses, according to which the owner must comply with all rules for transporting dogs in public transport. The requirement applies to both intercity and city / suburban communications. It should immediately clarify that employees working on the line of Moscow transport, have no right to refuse a citizen in transportation. And this applies not only to drivers, but also the carrier and the conductor. The only prohibition is the inability to ride with their animals on buses that carry out international travel.
The federal law regulating the rules of transporting dogs in public transport obliges each party to adhere to the following requirements.
- The passenger reserves the right to ride with animals and birds as part of hand baggage. For this purpose, special containers are used. In the process of transporting a dog, the owner can place it on his lap, and there will be no additional charge.
- If the owner needs to transport a dog on the bus: an official or hunting breed must sit in the back of the vehicle. Mandatory attributes are a leash and a muzzle. For a dog, you need a luggage ticket.
- When a host transports a guide dog, no additional charge is required. It does not need mandatory documents for transportation. The requirements are quite simple – a collar and a muzzle must be present on the pet, while the animal must sit in the shuttle bus at the feet of the accompanied passenger.
- In the process of transporting other medium-sized animals without a special container or cage, the owner must purchase a children’s ticket for them. The animal itself is located on a nearby site, located in a harness or collar. Muzzle is put on. If in the latter case the animal cannot wear a muzzle, during the trip by bus or subway the owner is obliged to completely eliminate contact with other passengers.
- Perhaps one of the most important requirements. Regardless of where the transportation is carried out – on the bus or subway, the owner must comply with the sanitary and hygienic regime.
- It is strictly forbidden to transport animals that may cause poor health or death of the driver / passengers.
- The animal should behave calmly, be limited in its movements (do not walk freely through the cabin). Otherwise, the driver has the right to refuse to transport the pet.
- According to the rules of transporting animals on the bus, they must be clean so as not to stain the clothes of other users of public transport. If the dog is not groomed or wet after rain, the driver has the full right to refuse carriage. This rule is valid not only within Moscow, but also throughout the rest of Russia.
In order for the transportation of animals not to become a source of additional problems, it is recommended that you carry with you special documents certified with a seal. These include:
- Veterinary passport, in which there are all marks of vaccinations performed;
- Certificate of current health status. According to the rules of transportation of dogs on the bus, it gives the driver the opportunity to get acquainted with information about the age and vaccinations carried out.
Note! Obligatory document is a note about the vaccination against rabies. The carrier always pays attention to it. Vaccination should be made no earlier than a year before the trip in the vehicle.
Chipping on the territory of the Russian Federation is an optional requirement. The procedure is performed only if the owner plans to go with his animal outside the country.
Helpful advice! If you plan to transport the dog along the intercity, you have all the necessary papers, no one can forbid to ride the bus (but on condition that the wool is kept clean). If the carrier insists on its own, it is necessary to demand a refusal in writing, obliging the driver to indicate the reason for which he does not want to go with the dog. After that you have to go with the received document to the carrier’s administration, city municipality and police authorities. Even if the owner planned to transport the dogs in the subway, but the controller refused, this could lead to the deprivation of the official license. Such actions usually change the attitude of the driver, conductor or cashier. Nobody forbids to go to court where you can demand the payment of moral compensation for spoiled vacation or mood. Knowing your own rights can always be turned into an advantage!