A hand-made children’s educational toy dachshund will help your child develop motor skills and ingenuity, instill the necessary skills, take the child and distract from whims.
Materials for the master class
To make a developing dog with your own hands, you will need the available materials and tools:
- textile fabric or felt;
- various accessories – buttons, buttons, eyelets, lindens, carbines, lightning, and so on. All that you can open, unbutton, untie, unstick. Additionally, you can use the little things that create sounds and mood – bells, key rings, decorative elements;
synthetic winterizer or holofiber for filling;
- strings of suitable shades;
- sewing machine, but you can sew the dog by hand.
Manufacturing techniques in steps
You need to cut out the dachshund’s torso parts from thick cardboard and cut them out of fabric:
- Prepare the pattern of the main elements of the body, taking as a basis any number of squares and determining the number of fittings for their fastening. The optimal size of the link: from 8 cm. With smaller parameters it can be difficult to invert products and sew in fasteners.
- Regarding the main squares, make patterns for the head, the back of the body, legs, ears and tail of the dog. You can draw all this by hand.
- Having marked where and what the connections will be, make fasteners from cardboard (for eyelets, carabiners, and so on).
- Attach the cardboard patterns to the fabric, folded in two layers, circle with chalk and cut all the dachshund blanks. Do not forget about seam allowances.
In total there should be two parts of the head, two details of the completion of the body, two elements of the tail, four ears, eight legs and the planned number of basic body blanks multiplied by two.
That is, if you decide that there will be four squares, there should be eight components. Do the same with the fixing hardware.
Sew together the blanks of the paws and ears and twist. If you sew from felt, you can leave it in its original form, that is, seam outwards.
For tailoring used carbine. Sew a tail on both sides, turn out, sew in a free edge a piece of tape with a metal mount. Dachshund tail is ready.
Dachshund Educational Toy – Dog For The Development Of Motility And Learning Skills
A hand-made children’s educational toy dachshund will help your child develop motor skills and ingenuity, instill the necessary skills, take the child……
Make blanks for accessories. In this workshop, it was necessary to sew two squares and sew a button on them. Also prepare two long strips, so that later it was easy to sew fasten-fastener.
Sew the fastening elements into the component bodies of the dachshund’s developing toy – a block for buttons, button loops, lindens, and so on.
Tamp the workpiece holofiber or padding polyester. Bottom sew a secret stitch. In the first segment of the head, insert the paws of the dachshund. Sew on buttons.
Sew into the side of the fastening parts of educational parts.
Fill holofiber. Sew down the bottom seam bottom, after inserting the paws.
Now you need to make head developing dog. Sew the parts to the side cut, make a slot for the mouth. Insert there zipper.
Into the side, insert the hardware for fasteners and sew.
Sew ears and a decorative collar with a bell, glue eyes.
Collect all parts of the dachshund – an interesting educational toy is ready.
Pay attention to the master classes on tailoring a developing cube using the technique of bisque and knitting a children’s cube with your own hands. We have a whole section Children, which contains interesting publications about development and education, as well as the MK series on needlework and creativity.
We will be glad to see you on the site “Women’s Hobbies” and in our groups on social networks. Come to us more often!