Air transportation of animals. Customs clearance in Sheremetyevo. Pet Travel
Measurements for the selection of cage size of the animal
A – The length of the animal from the nose to the base of the tail.
B – Height from ground to elbow bend.
C – Width at the shoulders.
D – The height of the container (with a flat or curved ceiling) or the height of a standing animal.
A1 / 2B = container length.
C x 2 = container width.
Measurements A, B, C, D to determine the size of the container should relate to the largest animal, the width of the container is: for two animals C x 3, for three animals C x 4. The height and length are defined the same way as for one animal.
You can pick up the carrier according to the breed of your dog using this table.
Requirements for cells for air transportation.
- Cages for the transport of animals on aircraft must be made of plastic, metal or wood, have an iron door (plastic doors are prohibited)! Door hinges and pins of constipation should protrude above and below the horizontal edges of the doorway at least 1.6 cm (see drawings). Do not use locks with keys and codes. The roof must be free of manholes, doors and vents.
- Dogs / cats should be able to stand, sit, lie down and turn in a natural position.
- The litter in the container must be non-toxic absorbent.
- Plates for food and water should be attached and accessible from the outside.
- No more than 2 adult animals of the same size weighing not more than 14 kg each, accustomed to living together, can be transported in one container. Animals with greater weight are transported alone.
- Animals up to 6 months from one litter can travel in one container, but not more than three.
- Dogs and cats cannot travel together in the same container.
- The cage should be big enough for your pet so that he can freely sit and stand with his head up, turn around and lie down in a normal position. Your pet’s head and ears should not touch the top of the cage.
- In each hole for fastening the top of the cage to the bottom there should be a bolt with a nut made of metal. If the fasteners are made of plastic, the sender needs to drill additional holes and duplicate them with metal bolts, or purchase another cage for the pet’s travel.
- The door must be securely locked, but not have code locks, or locks, unlocked with a key. In accordance with federal law, animals must be available in case of an emergency.
- Regulations require that any wheels must be locked or removed from the cage before transport.
- Sick animals and animals with damage are not transported.
Forbidden to air transportation
Items prohibited in the cells:
- Medicines, including more than the required amount by prescription
- Thick blankets, bedding or similar items
- Straw, hay or wood chips are prohibited for international transport.
Cells not suitable for air transportation of animals:
- Cells with doors, hatches or vents in the upper part (in the ceiling)
- Braided cells
- Folding cells (except cells collapsed into two parts similar to the IATA standard presented below)
- Cages on plastic latches or with plastic side latches that are not duplicated by metal bolts and nuts
- Cells, the lock on which is locked with a key or code.
IATA standard cages for air transportation of dogs, cats and other animals
IATA standard cages for international transport of animals on any type of transport. Robust cage with metal grille and reliable lock-latch. In sizes from No. 4 there is a retractable handle for transportation and rollers (optional). The cage can be disassembled in two parts for easy transportation. Completed by all standards.
No. 1 – 48х32х31 cm (for animals weighing up to 6 kg)
No. 2 – 55х36х35 cm (for animals weighing up to 8 kg)
No. 3 – 61х40х38 cm (for animals weighing up to 10-12 kg)
No. 4 – 71х51х50 cm (for animals weighing up to 18 kg)
No. 5 – 81х61х60 cm (for animals weighing up to 25-30 kg)
No. 6 – 92х64х66 cm (for animals weighing up to 38-40 kg)
No. 7 – 102х72х76 cm (for animals weighing up to 50 kg)
IATA – International Air Carriers Association.
Preparing cells for air transportation
Tags for drawing on the cell.