Dogs of any age and size love to play. In order to please the preferences of your pet, it is better to use homemade equipment for fun. Toys can be designed for physical or intellectual development. Before making it important to consider the size of the dog and the level of its activity.
Homemade options for active games
When organizing a dog’s leisure, you can use the tools at hand. The easiest option is to tie a treat to the end of the game stick. A more difficult way is to sew a soft toy of an interesting shape.
In the manufacturing process it is important to use only safe materials, since, for example, synthetics can be harmful if accidentally swallowed.
This toy is suitable for dogs of any size and age. The rope can be made of rope or fabric patches. Trimming fabrics should be soft and have a size of 3-5 cm in length. When using the equipment "Lotus" can be made at home universal inventory for games. Step by step instruction is as follows:
- spread out on a flat surface two pieces of fabric or rope crosswise;
- the lower end of the upper strip at an acute angle must be placed on top of the lower strip so that both ends of the upper one are directed to the right;
- The upper tip of the lower strip should be placed on top of the two previous ends so that it is directed upwards;
- the upper end of the upper strip must be placed on top of two parts of the other strip so that it is directed to the left;
- put the upper tip of the lower strip on top of the lower end and skip between the parts of the upper strip;
- Gently pull all 4 tips;
- repeat the weaving to the desired length of the rope.
It is quite simple to choose a rope size for a doggie – the distance should be 4-5 cm larger than the grip of the jaw. In this case, the dog will not be able to accidentally swallow the toy during the entertainment. You can tie several knots at the ends to further limit snacking.
In the cage for a puppy you can hang a toy on a string. The design must be strong to withstand the pressure of small paws and teeth. Pick up a strong rope of the right length and a tennis ball. As tools, use an awl, stationery knife or analogues, which will be convenient to make holes. Step-by-step construction of the structure is as described below.
- In the ball you need to make 2 holes on opposite sides. The diameter of the notch should be slightly smaller (1-2 mm) than the diameter of the rope.
- Through the holes, you need to stretch the rope so that one end is slightly shorter than the other.
- Tie the knots on the rope as close as possible – they will prevent slipping.
Most dogs just love to wag and wear something in their teeth. Self-made soft toys are great for these purposes and help to protect the owner’s things. You can even make out the sock scraps of thick fabric or old things. Be sure to use stuffing material. Below is a step-by-step instruction of such a device.
- First of all, you need to make a pattern of the desired product. Bone toys are especially popular among pets, but you can not limit yourself to this.
- Then you should make a markup on the fabric. To do this, circle the sample and leave 1-1.5 cm of seam allowance. You can cut two pieces of the toy at once. If additional complex parts are present, pin them down.
- Then you need to sew the two parts from the wrong side, leaving a hole for the filler.
- Turn the workpiece on the front side and tamp.
- Fold the edges of the hole inward and sew.
It is necessary to carefully consider the choice of filler. For example, instead of foam rubber, it is better to take pieces of cotton fabric – in the event of a rupture, the dog will not eat harmful material. For puppies, use dry rice as a filler.
What make for the development of intelligence?
Homemade toys can be not only fun, but also smart. Interactive products develop intuition and ingenuity. Playing with a dog in such games is very interesting – non-standard solutions to problems often amaze the owners. Toys are short-lived, but all the details in them can be changed during wear.
Required materials for manufacturing:
- plastic and polypropylene pipes with plugs;
- bars of wood;
- tennis balls;
- thick fabric;
- metal rings and pins;
- carton boxes;
- treats for dogs.
A simple and interesting option involves the use of boxes or buckets of plastic. Inside you need to put small objects, for example, rolled socks, rubber toys, circles from paper. Between things you can scatter dry large pellets of food. The essence of the game is to find all the pieces of food. As a result, the room will be a mess, but the dog will be delighted.
How To Make Toys For Dogs Do It Yourself
Dogs of any age and size love to play. In order to please the preferences of your pet, it is better to use homemade equipment for fun. Toys can be……
For a small dog, a maze game is suitable. Pipes can be twisted from cardboard or boxes with a cut off bottom. More laborious – to sew a product from dense synthetics. In the latter case, you need to insert metal hoops to maintain shape.
The game is to find sweets that can be poured on the way to the floor or to the side pockets.
A great version of the game for animals that are long in an enclosed space. Be sure to participate in the game host. The maze is great for dog training.
A simple toy with treats can be made from a simple tennis ball. Two longitudinal cuts should be made cross-wise, and dry granules should be folded inwards. The duration of the game depends on the size of the hole. In the process of kicking and throwing the ball, treats will get enough sleep.
To complicate the task, you can hang the ball on a rope or an elastic band. The dog will have to play more actively, because you can get a treat only in a jump.
The game is suitable for active small dogs and all breeds in adolescence. Hang the toy is not very high, so that the pet has not lost interest.
Large and active pets will appreciate the more difficult game of plastic bottles. It is necessary to remove the lid and put it inside the treat. Choose granules of such size and shape so that they do not quickly spill out. The process of making the game is presented below.
- First of all, you need to make a stand for bottles. From the thick metal rod assemble two supports and a crossbar. The design should be stable and durable.
- The bottom of the bottles should be pierced with a red-hot needle and strung on a pin. 3-4 bottles are enough at some distance from each other.
The dog during the game will learn to coordinate their actions. Savvy animals reveal the secret within 15-20 minutes.
It is noteworthy that the dog will not be able to crack the bottle, which means that such a design will not bring harm. Strong active shaking prevents the loss of treats, what your pet will need to guess.
For an adult dog, you can make an interactive puzzle from a metal shape for muffins and tennis balls. Spread out the treats and cover the balls. The pet must alternately take the obstacles from the form and find goodies. Breeds with narrow and long muzzles will follow the rules of the game with great comfort.
An active dog will not be interested in such a game. Pet simply turn the shape for muffins and eat treats that will be released at the same time. If you wish, you can double-sided tape to fix the game on the floor.
When choosing an intellectual game, you should take into account the characteristics of your pet, so that it would be interesting.
Making toys for large dogs
For large pets you need special toys. And it’s not only in size, but also in strength. Use safe materials to prevent the dog from getting hurt and not getting poisoned if the product breaks down. You can give the dog to be torn apart by a self-made soft toy or a ball, which is enough for a couple of days. It is worth remembering that any game should not only entertain, but also develop the dog.
If the pet likes to gnaw and crush everything, then he needs a durable toy. Such options need to be done from pieces of polypropylene pipes with plugs. It is enough to make a hole in the body of the tube and put dry treats there. As a result of the game, goodies will gradually fall out.
The game is suitable for dogs that are left alone for a long time.
A more complex and interesting option is making a rope for pulling. For this you need to prepare three tennis balls and a long scarf. Alternatively, you can use several woolen patches or scarves that should be tied together. Step by step production:
- tie a secure knot at one end of the scarf;
- mask the balls in the folds of the fabric;
- additionally tie knots to fix the balls;
- position the last ball closer to the second edge of the scarf.
The game involves the direct participation of the owner. It will take a lot of free space to make the dog comfortable to show its capabilities.
This is a great idea for a walk. The game is suitable for owners of several pets of approximately the same size. You can train them to pull the rope together.
Interesting options for toys will be not only good fun for the dog, but also a kind of decoration. In the manufacture of toys, you can use fabric decorative elements or beautiful fabric – the product will become unusual. Looks pretty curious ball of tight rope. Such a toy can not be broken or ruined. If the rope ball loses its shape, then it is quite simple to twist the construction.
If the owner is ready for noisy games, then you can make an unusual cracker. For the manufacture of need 2 plastic banks from under the vitamins, durable cords or ropes, 4 plastic bottle caps. As tools you will need scissors and awl for making holes. Clap do according to the instructions below.
- On the top and bottom of the cans you need to make holes opposite each other. The diameter must match the size of the cord.
- The rope itself or cord must be cut into 4 equal parts.
- Thread one piece of cord into each cover and tie a knot at the end.
- The second end of the rope must be threaded into the bottom of the plastic can. It is important to tie a strong knot.
- Two cans need to be glued together or connected with the same cord.
During the game, all the details will rattle and make noise. Especially delighted with such entertainment will be small dogs. If desired, you can thread more cords into the bottom of the jar. As jewelry, you can fix small braids.
It takes a lot of time to make a toy, however, its lifespan is quite long.
For a small dog you can make a harness from scraps of old T-shirts. Cut about 10 strips of the same size. Tie all ends on one side into a large knot. Hold the ends together with one hand and twist the flaps with the other. Tie the loose part in the same knot.
If desired, all toys can be painted. It is important to use only food pigments in order not to poison the dog. For an interactive game you should use not only tennis, but also rubber balls. A bone or rope can not only be weaved, but also tied. It is better to use a thick wool thread for this.
How to make a toy for dogs with their own hands, see the following video.