Training a dog is an essential part of its upbringing, training and life. First, the dog learns to perform simple commands, and then moves on to more complex skills. “Aport” is considered to be a difficult team, for its implementation a pet should build a logical chain in the head. But if you teach your pet on a team to bring an abandoned stick, it will be a great achievement.
What is useful command "Aport"
- When a dog searches for a stick abandoned by its owner, it orients itself on the terrain, trains its sense of smell.
- If you manage to teach your dog the Aport team, it means that you built a logical chain in his head – the owner threw a stick, I brought it and got a treat. This is an excellent training of the animal’s thinking abilities.
So, now we understand that this team is incredibly useful and every self-respecting dog should know it. But how to teach your pet’s “Aport” team? And is it possible without the help of experienced dog breeders?
When to train
During training, the dog must be calm, not hungry, balanced. You should be engaged in a good mood, this applies to both the owner and the dog. You do not need to do this from a stick, it will not bring any good, only annoyance.
It is best to train in open space so that the dog is not disturbed by anything. It is best to do this in a spacious hallway or in the courtyard of your own home.
Usually the Aport team is taught puppies at the age of four months. Kids who are less than two months old cannot master the team – they are too playful at this age. It is much more difficult to train adult dogs, although it is possible. Experienced breeders know that it is best to use the period when the puppy’s teeth grow and itch. At this time he will be very happy to run for the stick. Fangs are cut in puppies in 3-4 months.
How To Teach A Dog To Bring A Stick 10 Ways
Training a dog is an essential part of its upbringing, training and life. First, the dog learns to perform simple commands, and then moves on to more……
How to teach a dog to bring a stick
So proceed to the lesson.
- Go outside, the dog should be on a leash. Find a suitable stick that the puppy can easily hold between the teeth.
- Tease her dog. Play with a stick so that the dog tries to bite it. It is very important to interest your pet. You can twist the stick right at the dog’s muzzle, kick the stick with your feet, throw it up. The main thing – to provoke a pet.
- When the stick is interested in your dog, drop it a short distance, not more than two meters.
- Next you need to monitor the reaction of the animal. If he ran for a stick – well, if not, you need a leash to pull it to her.
- Further, when the dog lifts the stick from the ground, we say the command "Aport". If the dog does not want to lift the stick, again we will tease her, but this time we allow her to take it in the mouth. It is very important to let the dog understand that “Aport” is a raising of a stick from the ground.
Gradually, over time, you need to complicate the exercise and not help the dog. She should run back to you not with the team “To me”, but immediately, as soon as she finds a stick. And you need to give it immediately, and not as an exchange for a treat. But all this will come with time, after regular classes. Usually, the dog learns to fully carry out the "Aport" command already after 1-2 weeks of daily training.
For classes for the dog to be a joy, they should not be too much. Stop training as soon as you see that the dog is bored. Ask to perform 2-3 commands "Aport", then turn his attention to other actions. Thus, the training will be in the form of a game.
The dog, in its essence, is a predatory animal. In her blood, chasing prey and bringing it to a stronger pack (that is, master). Just explain to your pet what you want from him. The right response and timely encouragement will help you train even the most stubborn dog.