A snow scooter with a motor from a grass trimmer with your own hands
Installing the chain
Before starting this stage, you should fix the engine at least a little. Temporary fasteners can be made from a piece of steel pipe and a few plates. Fix one side of the fastener with a nut to the wheel axle, and fasten the other side with a screw to the engine.
When the motor is secured, we prepare the chain. First, you need to calibrate its length by removing or adding links. You can make a chain with locks, or you can assemble a solid one if you have a device for pressing out connecting pins at hand.
DIY step-by-step instructions for building a bike with a grass trimmer motor
So you’ve decided to upgrade your bike. How to make a bike with a grass trimmer motor? You won’t need any supernatural efforts, but accuracy and patience will definitely come in handy. Let’s start with the simplest thing. choosing the right motor, because the final result will depend on it.
Benefits of motorized grass trimmer bikes
Such hybrids have a whole range of positive qualities that fans of practical solutions will certainly appreciate:
Let’s not be honest and admit that this technique has drawbacks. First of all, this is a specific sound that not everyone will like. However, garage craftsmen have learned to correctly connect the power unit, as a result of which this minus is practically reduced to a minimum.
Before you start refitting your bike, you need to choose the right motor. He can be:
The first is good in that it does not need a battery to work, that is, the bike is not tied to the mains. Pay attention to medium power units (up to 2 horsepower). A two-stroke motor will work. this is the most common type of engine. If you are lucky and have the opportunity, you can purchase a four-stroke engine. it makes less noise, and its “appetite” is much lower.
Electric motors cannot boast of high power, so it makes sense to choose a model with an indicator of no more than 1.2 kW. Without recharging, the electric motor can work for a maximum of 2 hours, so you are running out of time, like Cinderella. Otherwise, you will have to return, pedaling the “pumpkin”.
Therefore, decide what you need an advanced bike for, and then choose a motor for it. The advice of experienced owners is to get the engine from a gasoline grass trimmer. It is ideal for its easy installation design. In addition, the motor already has a centrifugal clutch, which allows the engine to idle, that is, coasting.
First you need to cut the nose of the motor, where the working shaft is located. This is necessary in order to subsequently install the leading sprocket. Most models have a plastic case, so you can easily cope with the task with an angle grinder.
Testing a homemade bike with a grass trimmer motor
The main work is done. you can start testing. If the engine is new or there were no problems with it before, the start should be successful. To extend the life of this unit, you should be guided by the following recommendations:
- Timely replacement of consumable items (the same air filter should be changed regularly. otherwise, some mechanisms and components will start to work with increased load).
- Using quality fuel and engine oil in the correct ratio.
- Regular gear lubrication.
- Preventing excessive heating of the engine.
In addition, you need to pay more attention to rubber to make the bike safer.
We securely mount the engine
The motor should be fixed, as they say, conscientiously. It’s in your best interest. The best option is to make special fasteners from steel pipes and plates, which are screwed with the “native” bolts of the engine. The fasteners are fixed to the frame by the rear axle of the wheel and to the fork using self-tapping screws. In general, a completely reliable design should be obtained. It remains only to degrease the surface and cover with paint so that it does not rust.
Now you can start the engine and see how everything works. Pay attention to the behavior of the chain. it should not wobble or wobble. Otherwise, it can fly off and fall into the spokes of the rear wheel, which can lead to very sad consequences.
Installing the driven sprocket
A part from a drum brake, which is wound on the wheel hub, will come in handy. It is to her that we will weld the gear. It must be large enough to reduce wheel rpm, converting it to high torque.
To do this, center the part with bolts and nuts, and then weld the parts. For greater reliability, you can fasten the sprocket to the spokes. At the very end, the gear needs to be painted so that it looks beautiful and becomes corrosion resistant.
List of materials and tools
We will offer a primitive list of necessary elements, and you will correct it depending on the desired result. You should start by choosing the right “raw material”. this is the motor and the bike on which it will be installed. Other tools and materials that may come in handy in your work:
- motor driven;
- welding machine;
- angle grinder;
- a set of nuts and bolts;
- set of wrenches;
- driven and leading stars;
- gas handles;
- steel pipes and plates.
When you have gathered all the necessary components around you, you can get to work. But first, you need to get acquainted with the theoretical aspects in order to imagine how the process should look like in practice.
Homemade snow blower
There are many options for creating snow removal equipment based on a grass trimmer. The easiest way to upgrade is to replace the knife with a rotor. Such a snow blower works like a shovel, but at the same time it is simply moved through the snow: the device rakes it and carries it to the side.
To implement the planned alteration, you will need the following materials and tools:
- a lawn mower with a straight bar, at the end of which a gearbox is installed;
- a metal barrel, even a beer keg, for example, from a drink “Baltika”;
- milling cutter for grass trimmer with many teeth (used for mowing dense thickets of grass);
- drill with drills;
- angle grinder and welding machine.
Instead of a barrel, you can use a thin sheet of metal (tin) 1.5 mm thick.
Homemade Exhaust MUFFLER For Trimmer ?
The snow blower assembly process is performed in the following sequence:
- cut in a circle, departing from the bottom of 15 cm, a barrel;
- make a hole in the bottom for the brushcutter gearbox and drill 3 more small holes to fix its shield;
- a 10 by 10 cm square is cut from the side to throw snow through it;
- a third of the open front part of the barrel is closed with a piece of metal (tin), while the hole for the ejection should be located along the central mowing line of the damper;
- make a rotor;
- make a deflector that will direct the ejected snow in the right direction;
- weld it to the body at the location of the hole for the ejection of the snow mass;
- attach the blade from below;
- install a brushcutter gearbox and fix it with bolts;
- put the rotor like a simple working knife.
- a strip is cut out of metal, the width of which is 15 cm and the length is 30 cm;
- slightly bend the workpiece;
- 10 cm high sides are welded from the long sides so that the snow does not scatter at the exit.
The rotor is made in the following sequence:
- cut rectangular strips with dimensions of 25 by 10 cm from a metal sheet;
- cut and grind the plates in the shape of the blades;
- weld them crosswise to the disc from the brushcutter.
A spatula is made from the remnants of the material. To do this, use a piece of tin 30 by 40 cm.Along the long sides, the edges are folded to form a two-centimeter side.
A self-made snow blower should be used at full throttle. this will extend the life of the device, because frequent pressing on the gas leads to engine breakdown. It is difficult to weld thin metal because it can easily burn through it. Therefore, the work must be done by an experienced welder.
DIY lawn mower
The lawn mower makes it easier to care for ornamental grassy plantings, and also speeds up the work when there are large areas that need to be processed. There are many ready-made, easy-to-use models on the market for such equipment, but they are expensive, therefore not available to everyone. They also quickly fail in the presence of large weeds and stones on the site. Homemade products are much cheaper than factory counterparts, besides, they are more practical to work with.
The building blocks of a lawn mower are:
- engine (gasoline or electric), which is the basis of the created mechanism;
- a frame designed to fix all parts of the device on it;
- casing for protection;
- handles and wheels;
- unit of the control system of the created unit.
The recommended power of the engine used in operation is from 0.5 kW (slightly less than 1 horsepower), and the ideal power is 1 kW or more.
Craftsmen have invented many different ways of converting a grass trimmer into a lawn mower. The simplest option is presented on
A frame version of a homemade device is very common in practice. The tools and materials for the independent implementation of the project will be required the same as in the previous case. Plus you still need:
- plywood sheet (or metal 3-4 mm thick);
- metal corner 25×25 mm;
- 2 m pipes of different diameters.
The manufacturing process is as follows:
- a rectangular frame 50×60 cm is welded from the corner;
- wheels of the required size are installed in the corners, which can be taken even from old toys;
- on top of the frame, plywood cut to its size is fixed or metal is welded;
- in the center of the cart, make a hole for the grass trimmer bar and attachments for it;
- make a knife or choose a suitable ready-made version;
- then fix the brushcutter on the trolley;
- install a knife;
- mount the casing on the back of the cart to protect it from the cut grass flying in different directions;
- start testing the device.
Important! The diameter of the wheels is selected so that the knives do not reach the soil 5 centimeters.
There are many ways to make knives, and their shape (design) is radically different. In this case, various materials and old tools are used (for example, an old saw for wood). The main principle is that the knives are well sharpened and balanced. this is necessary to prevent vibration of the equipment during operation.
It often happens that they do not use an old brushcutter, but only the engine from the grass trimmer and the control unit for it. In this case, you will need to make handles for the trolley and fix all structural details on the frame.
When assembling and operating the mower, be sure to follow safety precautions to avoid injury. You can also attach a bag to the machine to collect the mowed grass.
Motor-scythes can be converted into a motor-drill, which will also be used as an ice-screw if necessary. As a result, construction work will be accelerated and will require less labor. With a motor-drill, they make recesses for the posts of fences, a foundation from piles and for the erection of other structures.
Both electric and gasoline grass trimmers are being redesigned for this purpose.
DIY grass trimmer motor bike
A person always tries to make his life easier and construct something new from available means. Something that will help him spend less strength and energy on daily activities. Home-made motorbikes and motor scooters can be safely attributed to such inventions. If you have a motor from a lawn mower and spare parts (or a whole) bike / scooter at hand. why not give them a new life? How to assemble a scooter and a bike with a motor from a grass trimmer, we will tell you in this article.
A scooter with a motor from a grass trimmer with your own hands?
A self-made motor scooter with a grass trimmer engine is an excellent home transport for entertainment, trips for short distances off the road (on sidewalks and park paths, for example).
Based on the characteristics of this type of transport, it will have the following technical characteristics:
The assembly process itself is relatively simple. First, find an old scooter (if you don’t have one, you can weld a similar frame yourself). If you take an already assembled unnecessary scooter, it is appropriate to reinforce its frame with a 15 mm square metal profile.
Next, you should choose the right wheels. They should be small in diameter, but wide and stable enough. Ideal for garden cart or go-kart wheels.
A chain transmission will transmit power from the motor to the rear wheel. To do this, you need to make a gearbox. This is the most difficult design stage. The bicycle gear must be secured to the mower motor clutch. Previously, the dimensions of the coupling should be adjusted to the gear (cut off the teeth from it, make it thinner by turning on a lathe). It is best to shrink or weld the coupling and sprocket together. Next, you need to connect the second bicycle sprocket to the adapter hub, which in turn should be fitted on the shaft, and the shaft on the bearings.
Like many others, I started my journey with the legendary “deshnik” who put on the teenage bike “Tisa”. The device turned out to be funny, but it came with a petrol stench in the apartment, dirty hands and a shaman tambourine for driving evil spirits out of the carburetor and ignition. The device did not perform utilitarian functions in any way.
But one day I was lucky enough to ride a mountain bike with a grass trimmer (lawn mower) motor and a belt drive. Although it was winter and I skated for a short time, I experienced a culture shock! In cold weather, the engine started up perfectly both cold and warm, pulled perfectly, was perfectly clean and did not stink at all. And the “maximum speed” of 55 km / h with such a thrust “deshnik” and never dreamed of!
In general, a belt set with a two-stroke motor from a grass trimmer with a power of 1.5 hp was soon purchased. plus a stronger mountain bike. Fortunately, there was no limit, but only until the first rain It turned out that the drive belt loses its strength and breaks from getting wet, changing it on the road is not very convenient, besides, the cost of a new one bites. And rain is not uncommon. But I was already used to driving such a comfortable motorbike and did not want to give up the idea, I decided that the chain and only the chain would save the “father of Russian democracy”!
The required gear ratio forced the use of a driven sprocket almost the size of a bicycle wheel, but, fortunately, there was a gearbox from a Chinese minibike that perfectly fit the trim motor and allowed the use of stars of the usual sizes. Drive components are generally available bicycle: a single-speed wide chain, a 51-tooth chainring from the HVZ bicycle and a free-wheel (overrunning clutch with an asterisk) from BMX, as well as a bicycle brake lever as a gas trigger.
In addition to purchased parts, there are many original components in the design. These are steel struts that are attached to the bike frame, a motor frame (holds the gearbox with the motor), a chain tensioner with caprolon rollers, a drive sprocket fastening to the wheel, an adapter from the gearbox shaft to a “freewheel” The parts were designed by himself, and they were manufactured at a nearby defense plant.
Of course, it was not possible to assemble the ideal structure from the first time, I treated the children’s sores for another year. I selected the best materials and design solutions, tried different layouts, and rode, rode, rode
What happened in the end? Ultra-light (curb weight. 25 kg) motorcycle transport with a maximum speed of 55 km / h, dynamics at the level of simple Chinese scooters, fuel consumption of 2 liters per 100 km (power reserve on one tank is 50 km), which does not stain at all with oil and does not smell of gasoline The absence of smell and dirt helps me save money on the garage or parking, the motorbike is in the apartment and does not bring any discomfort to the family at all. It is especially pleasing that all the “pedal” functions are completely preserved. All that remains is the gear shifting and easy pedal travel (thanks to the “freewheel”), if there is a lack of traction, the motor can always be helped with the pedals and go up any hill. The undercarriage of a modern mountain bike is very strong and reliable, disc brakes provide very confident braking, and large wheels make it easier to overcome our “directions”.
After completing the design improvements, I drove more than 4000 km and during this time I changed the drive chain only once, the spark plug twice, and once I cleaned the fuel system. a good indicator of reliability and unpretentiousness.
For lightness and daring agility, I named my motorcycle “Hare”. Now I drive the “Hare” every day to work, and in traffic jams he has no equal. It’s so narrow and manoeuvrable that I get home faster during rush hour than I used to on a motorcycle, and the fares are ridiculous. There were also small trips, trips out of town, even from Moscow to Yaroslavl. But a motorbike, of course, is not for the track. it is not comfortable to “bludgeon” on it, but in the city and country trips I can not imagine the best transport for myself!
How to make a drive?
On a bicycle powered by a lawnmower, torque is transmitted using a belt. For this, it is additionally necessary to make:
- a drive pulley, which is subsequently attached to the engine;
- driven pulley, the diameter of which must be less than the diameter of the wheel rim;
- metal suspension for fixing the engine to the bicycle frame.
It will also be necessary to select the appropriate gearbox. The size of the belt that will drive the wheel is calculated after the pulleys are attached to the future bike.
Making a snowmobile for children
The grass trimmer can also be converted into a snowmobile. The process consists of installing the engine on a structure equipped with skis. Due to the insufficient power of the motors available on the brushcutters, the created independent technique is capable of transporting only a relatively small weight. She also moves on relatively flat terrain. Such a homemade product will serve as an interesting and useful toy for children.
The snowmobile is driven by a screw or chain drive.
The videos below show some possible options for homemade equipment:
DIYers have come up with many different ways to adapt the motor from a grass trimmer to a snowmobile. Here, the restrictions are related to personal imagination and the existing list of unnecessary devices and techniques that can be used to create homemade snowmobiles.
Bike with a grass trimmer motor. preparing and assembling a moped and scooter
A grass trimmer with an engine of sufficient power and torque can become a reliable basis for self-assembly of two-wheeled vehicles. a moped and a motor scooter. They can be completed with different parts. it all depends on the needs and preferences of the manufacturer. In any case, a properly assembled unit will stand out for its economy, unpretentious maintenance and ease of self-repair.
What you need to make a motorbike?
A homemade bike from a grass trimmer should be assembled from a certain list of parts and mechanisms.
To design a motorbike from a lawn mower with your own hands, the manufacturer will need:
- a fully functional 2-wheel bike with a sturdy frame that is free of visible rust. If they are, then problem areas must first be covered with a primer and several layers of paint;
- working power unit from a petrol grass trimmer. The rated power of the engine should be 3–6 hp. from. It is impractical to use more powerful motors, since they will require more fuel mixture;
- belt or drive chain;
- Grass trimmer bike tensioner;
- sprocket. must match the motor used. If possible, the star can be carved on a lathe with your own hands;
- clamp. necessary for stable fastening of the motor to the bike frame. The clamp can be made with your own hands using an all-metal piece of steel;
- a cable that will serve as a link between the power unit and the bike’s throttle handle;
- several fuses and a controller;
- exhaust pipe. the length of the standard exhaust pipe from the grass trimmer will not be enough, so you need to take an additional piece of pipe of the corresponding diameter and weld it to the brushcutter element;
- screws, washers, bushings and other fasteners.
Together with the motor from the brushcutter, the manufacturer will need the entire fuel system along with the carburetor, factory clutch, ignition and gas tank. All internal mechanisms must be carefully prepared for assembling the bike. rinse and replace their faulty components.
How to make a scooter from a grass trimmer?
To construct a scooter with a brushcutter engine, the manufacturer will need a sturdy welded frame. You can take it from an old scooter, or you can make a frame from metal pipes. Separate pieces of them must be welded to each other with a thick continuous seam. For added security, steel braces and ties must be welded to the main frame parts. The joints must be treated with a corrosion agent. The finished support frame will need to be coated with a thick layer of primer and painted.
The further order of work should be as follows;
- You will need to attach the front and rear wheels to the painted and completely dry frame. They can be taken from an old children’s bike;
- Then the grass trimmer motor must be installed on the frame in front of the rear wheel. The distance between the power unit and the wheel must be at least 5 cm. otherwise a hot motor will heat up the wheel, which will lead to an increase in pressure inside it;
- The fuel tank from the brushcutter must be located above the grass trimmer. this will provide a free supply of fuel inside the engine cylinder. The engine and fuel tank must be attached to the frame with clamps so that the operator can remove the power unit and put it back on the mower;
- The rear wheel will require disc brakes. They must be connected to the lever with a separate cable;
- Instead of the standard carburetor of the petrol grass trimmer, you must install a fuel unit, the inlet diameter of which must be at least 15 mm;
- Then you will need to install a zero resistance filter on a homemade moped;
- After that, the rear wheel of the unit will need to be equipped with a tension roller and connected to the motor using a chain.
After assembling the scooter, the operator must test it. To do this, you need to take the homemade product onto a flat surface and check it for maneuverability and smoothness. It is important to detect in time the extraneous sounds that may come from the side of the wheels or the engine. If they are not there, then the homemade scooter from the grass trimmer is ready for further use.
How to make a bike with a grass trimmer motor?
High-quality bikes cost a lot, inexpensive models cannot boast of a reliable bike frame, therefore they will not last long. It is worth trying to build a bike with a lawnmower engine. The work does not require much effort, but you need to be careful when working.
The process of creating a homemade bike with a motor from a grass trimmer takes several steps.
Step one: engine selection. Gasoline or electric. The first is autonomous. Gasoline engines with an average power level (about 2 hp) are more suitable. You can install two-stroke and four-stroke engines, the latter are more economical and quieter. Electric motors cannot boast of a high power level, therefore the optimal indicator is about 1.2 kW. Without connecting to the network, the electric motor will work up to two hours, which is not very convenient;
Step two: preparing the necessary parts and tools. Regardless of the type of engine selected, the motorbike is assembled according to the same scheme.
Homemade TRIMMER Scooter / DIY
- By bike. It may be old, but always on the go;
- Grass trimmer motor;
- With a belt or chain. The chain is much stronger, therefore it is worth giving preference to it;
- An asterisk, which is sharpened for the installed engine;
- Clamp to secure the motor to the bike. You can make it yourself or purchase it;
- A cable for connecting the motor and the throttle stick;
- Exhaust pipe;
- Various fasteners;
Step three: Assembling the bike from the grass trimmer. After preparing the necessary materials, you can start creating equipment.
The process is divided into the following stages:
- An asterisk is installed. The rear wheel is fitted with rubber pads behind and between the spokes. An asterisk is attached to the sleeve. The impulse from the engine to the sprocket should be carried out gradually so that the elements of the mechanism do not deform. The frame should be reinforced with a steel plate, which is pre-lubricated with thermal grease, for attaching the controller;
- The motor is fixed. The engine should be secured to the driver’s seat or on the trunk with a clamp. If the slider is centered, the weight balance will be preserved. The connected wattmeter will allow you to measure the level of consumed energy. On the trunk you need to find a place for the battery;
- The chain tension level is adjusted. The tensioner will control this process;
- The throttle grips are mounted on the steering wheel. It is connected to the power plant with a cable;
- The fuel tank is fixed;
- The carburetor is installed.
After fixing all the elements, you need to check the reliability of the equipment and eliminate minor flaws.
grass trimmer for bike (scooter)
An old working brushcutter should not be thrown in. If desired, it can be used to create interesting homemade products, such as a bike with a grass trimmer engine or a motor scooter. Special skills are not required, you can use ready-made diagrams / drawings and step-by-step instructions for work.
The drive shaft of the caterpillar (the tension shaft is the same, only pos. 4, replaced by position 1): 1. left (along the way) tip (steel, cylinder 22); 2. shaft (steel pipe 0.28×20; 3. flange for attaching the gear wheel to the shaft (steel sheet s4, 2 pcs.); 4. right (along the way) shaft tip (steel, cylinder 29); 5. caterpillar drive gear (2 pcs.); 6. frame side member, 2 pcs.); 7. bearing housing cover (steel, 2 pcs.); 8. bearing 80204 (2 pcs.); 9. bearing housing (steel, 2 pcs.); 10. drive shaft sprocket; 11. fastening the sprocket to the shaft (M12 nut with wide and spring washers); 12. key (steel 20); 13. seal (felt, 2 pcs.); 14. fastening the bearing housing to the spar (bolt M6, with a grover 4 sets); 15. fastening the bearing housing to the side member (bolt M6 with a spring washer, 4 sets).
A pipe with a radius of 1.4 cm is used as the drive shaft. A flange with prepared holes for the teeth of the drive wheels is attached to it. At the end of the drive, pins need to be welded.
Walk-behind tractor base design
You can make a snowmobile from various equipment, for example, a moped, scooter, grass trimmer, etc. However, a single-axle tractor can be considered the best choice. Since this unit remains unclaimed in winter, it can be safely taken as a basis for creating a snow scooter. The snowmobile attachment can be made on wheels and this design is simpler. The most difficult thing is to make a snowmobile with your own hands from a walk-behind tractor on tracks. However, it has a higher permeability, which can become the main criterion when choosing a type of structure.
Remember that not every single axle tractor can be converted into a snowmobile. It is best to use units equipped with:
- Rear drawbar.
- Air-cooled medium power plant.
The Neva units can be considered the optimal choice. They are attractively priced and their engines are assembled in Japan. The design of self-assembled snowmobiles can be divided into two main parts. leading and driven.
The first category includes the motor from the walk-behind tractor, drive elements and the supporting frame. The driven part consists of:
- Steering column.
- Shock absorbers.
- Undercarriage, e.g. tracked.
Before starting work on the creation of a homemade snowmobile, you must select all the necessary materials and spare parts.
Which engine is suitable for making homemade products?
Before getting ready for work and starting assembly, it is important to choose a power unit from a chainsaw.
It must meet several criteria:
- power and traction characteristics are the most important parameters. It is on the power and thrust of the chainsaw motor that the speed of movement and the carrying capacity of the homemade product depend. For example, an internal combustion engine with a capacity of no more than 2 liters. from. will be able to carry only one adult and his small luggage. With the increase in engine power used, the capabilities of the snowmobile will increase. It should be remembered that the higher the power of the power unit, the more fuel it will need for stable operation. The best option is to use motors with a rated power of 3 to 6 hp. from.;
- build quality. if the designer wants a homemade chainsaw to serve him more than 1-2 seasons, then you need to choose the motors of manufacturers. This is why most snowmobile enthusiasts use STIHL or Husqvarna chainsaws;
- protection from dust and moisture. there should be a minimum of unnecessary holes in the motor housing. Otherwise, snow and dust will enter the engine compartment, which can provoke a short circuit in the ignition system. It is best that there are only 2-3 holes in the motor housing, intended solely for air cooling.
Another important requirement is that the engine from the chainsaw must be in full working order. Before assembling the snow scooter, the manufacturer will need to clean the air and fuel filters, as well as adjust the carburetor and set the required gap in the standard ignition system of the chainsaw.
In order to assemble a snowmobile yourself you will need:
What chainsaw is suitable for these purposes?
In order to independently make a snowmobile from a chainsaw, you will need, in fact, a saw. You can take any brand and model that is available. Craftsmen recommend using the saw “Druzhba”, “Ural” or “STIHL”, as they are the most suitable in terms of technical characteristics and differ in the quality of the engines.
Pros and cons of DIY
The main advantage of making a snowmobile with your own hands is the ability to create a reliable unit, which, in terms of its characteristics, will practically not be inferior to factory counterparts produced by well-known brands.
Other important advantages of self-assembly are:
- the ability to plan and assemble a snowmobile of the size that suits the driver and specific operating conditions;
- the use of almost any available means. individual parts or whole mechanisms. The main thing is that the units used are in completely good condition;
- fuel economy. a self-made snowmobile consumes an order of magnitude less fuel than branded counterparts. This is noticeable even in cases where powerful power units from professional chainsaws are used for its design;
- ease of operation and maintenance. a snow scooter with a chainsaw motor has a simple device, which makes it easier to maintain and repair.
There is only one drawback to making a snowmobile with your own hands. the need to learn how to use an angle grinder, drill and welding machine if the designer does not have the skills to operate this equipment. In addition, it will be useful to master a lathe. using it will allow you to grind high-quality parts for assembling the unit.
Particular attention should be paid to the constituent details.
The engine is the most important part of the mechanism and is chosen with great care. Its condition must not only be operational, but it itself must be installed after carrying out maintenance. The gearbox must also be in good condition.
Asterisks are elements for transferring translational motion from the engine. Need to create a longer tip on the right than on the left.
Steering will fit from a scooter, moped or bicycle. Most importantly, connect the engine to the steering section correctly.
The brake system is not provided in the presented diagrams, but it can be done. However, first think about whether it is worth puzzling over this, because snowmobiles do not develop high speeds.
The procedure for creating a homemade snowmobile from a chainsaw
For any manufacturing variant, the device must contain certain systems and mechanisms: motor, transmission, chassis, power system, control mechanism, electrical equipment, oil injection device. The whole structure is located in the body. Before practical work, it is advisable to draw sketches and diagrams of each node with dimensions and specifications.
To work, you need the skills of a welder, a locksmith, a standard set of locksmith tools, an angle grinder, a welding machine, a metal profile, a steel sheet. In general, you cannot do without good technical training and ingenuity. Usually, in practice, craftsmen implement one of two home-made options: single-track: 2 front skis, rear track or two-track: front ski, 2 rear tracks.