Adjustment of a grinding machine by concrete. By type of design
Mosaic grinding machine for concrete how to use
The process of grinding concrete provides for the initial preparation of the surface with further black smoothing, the elimination of defects and finishing grinding. To remove the upper layer, 25-40 grain disks are suitable, to increase the resistance of the surface to large loads, 400 grain disks are used, for final grinding-1500-3000.
Plate Gap Adjustment
The main purpose of mosaic-grinding machines for concrete is to polish strong concrete screeds (M150 m300), more than 3 cm high, with changes in the heights of tubercles and pits up to 5 mm. Before starting work, the surface is carefully prepared. Pre.processing is performed no earlier than 5 days after filling the screed. The final grinding is carried out 30 days after the completion of concrete work.
Abrasive tools can work not only in dry, but also in a wet environment. When using wet technology, a continuous supply of water to the grinding zone is expected, due to which it is possible to extend the resource of consumables and segments with a large abrasive as much as possible. Also, with this method, dust formation is reduced. With dry grinding, dust occurs, however, after visual control of the surface, the operator can quickly eliminate any flaws.
Dust removal from the working area is carried out using a vacuum cleaner. Based on the required surface quality, the number of grinding measures is determined (fluctuates in the area 3-15 times). To remove the upper layer, granular disks are used 25-40. Grinding with discs with spraying diamond with a granularity of 400 helps to increase the ability of the surface to confront large loads. In order for the surface to become perfectly smooth, discs with granularity of 1500-3000 are used.
For work on leveling, grinding and polishing of concrete surfaces with a 700 mm width of a passage of 1200 mm, we recommend that you consider the SPLITSTOUN mosaic-grinding machine GM-4811 Crab with 4 traverses on which 12 diamond frakfurts are fixed.
Concrete floor grinding places
The grinding of a concrete floor is increasingly preferred, in view of which it is produced:
- In garages. Due to grinding the flooring in them, it is possible to significantly increase the period of operation of the structure and simplify the process of removing car oil and fuel oil from its surface. In addition, after conducting these works, the concrete floor begins to more steadfastly tolerate mechanical influences. As a result, it is not covered with scratches from automobile tools, does not acquire damage when chemical solutions hit, and is also not impregnated with the smell of fuel. The period of operation of such a sex is quite long, in view of which it is often preferred when building a garage and repairing in it.
- In residential premises. In them, concrete is far from the most optimal solution, but in this case you can resort to the addition of special additives and marble crumbs, so the filled flooring is not much different from the floor made of marble. Outwardly, it looks attractive and steadfastly transfers mechanical damage, in view of which it cannot be scratched with a knife or accidentally damaged pan in the kitchen. At the same time, in residential premises, it is possible to put a warm floor system under it, thanks to which it will be possible to exclude the presence of excessive draft above the flooring.
- In administrative structures. These include a variety of offices, shopping centers and other similar establishments in which it is convenient to produce a concrete floor and it is difficult to damage it. In addition, it has a rather aesthetic appearance. In view of these features for these places, the concrete floor is one of the most optimal options and it is precisely to it that it is often given preference.
- In small production facilities of hangars, workshops and large factory enterprises. For them, it is also a practical solution, having high resistance to mechanical and chemical loads.
Paul grinding methods
The process is carried out in one of two ways. dry or wet. Preference should be given depending on the material that is processed.
This method is preferred in most cases when grinding the concrete floor, since it is simpler and a significantly smaller amount of dust is formed during its implementation, so it is easier to regulate the level of processing of the coating in the course of work. The maximum depth of the removed layer reaches 0.2 cm. In contrast, during a humid method, a significant probability of scratching the surface arises, however, the grinding occurs significantly faster.
In the course of grinding, a fairly significant amount of cement dust is also formed by a dry way, which rises into the air, but also settles quite quickly, allowing to fully evaluate the result and, if necessary, eliminate the remaining flaws. In view of this, it is necessary to use protective equipment (respirator and glasses) and it is advisable to resort to the use of a vacuum cleaner.
During its use, nozzles are used with a different level of abrasiveness. At first, softer elements with a gradual increase are involved. Due to the large number of necessary nozzles, this method requires significant costs, in contrast to the dry method.
The permissible thickness of the removed layer reaches 0.5 cm, due to which, when primary processing 3-5 days later, after the completion of the screed, a significant volume of wet dust rises into the air. Grinding in this way is an order of magnitude more difficult due to dirty spray, which increases the time of work.
To eliminate them, you need to resort to the use of a water supply, through which it is still not always possible to fully control the inaccuracies and shortcomings. This method is optimal when processing a concrete floor with the presence of mineral crumbs or mosaics, as well as before laying tiles on it.
How the mosaic-grinding machine works?
Working equipment teams are submitted through the control unit. The operator activates the function of the electric motor, after which the rotation of diamond segments begins. In the process of work, protective aprons located in the front of the frame prevent the spread of dust and small abrasive particles. Some models allow right during grinding on the fly to collect waste to a pipe connected to an industrial vacuum cleaner. In the modern performance, the mosaic-grinding machine supports two main processing modes-dry and wet. To turn on the second mode, a water supply hose is connected to the equipment. Usually the dosage is adjusted automatically. the water is sprayed on the working surface in accordance with the given program. Another way to influence the operator on the parameters of the working process is the regulation of the weight load on the segments. In standard mode, grinding is carried out without pressure, but for a greater effect of abrasive processing, special loads are provided for 7-10 kg. Their installation is also carried out through the control unit.
Varieties of models
Type of drive, that is, the power unit is the main sign of the classification. For closed rooms and in general home use, cars with an electric motor are more suitable. They are environmentally friendly, almost noise, but require access to the outlet. Basic models compete with them. The advantages of such grinding devices include complete autonomy and high power output, but due to exhausts they cannot be used in rooms without effective ventilation. Classify equipment in terms of speed, or rather, if possible, setting them up. A single-speed mosaic-grinding machine in concrete provides rotation of a traverse at 1200 about./min. Such high speed, by the way, makes it possible to carry out and polishing surfaces. If there is no sense in intensive effects, then universal two-speed models are used that can perform both rough and delicate cleaning at frequencies of about 500-800 rpm.
The power potential determines the effectiveness of the effects of segments on the serviced surface. Power in the case of entry-level models is 4-5 kW. On the contrary, productive vehicles from the upper link provide from 7 to 11 kW. It should be borne in mind that these are indicators of electric models that can be transferred to the horse forces of gasoline analogues with a calculation of 1 kW = 1.35 liters. With. In the separation of low.power and high.performance units, it must be borne in mind that they may require connection to circuits with different voltage indicators. Industrial models with a potential of about 11 kW, for example, eat from the network by 380 in. And household grinder by concrete with a capacity of 5 kW may well be connected to 220 in. The characteristics of the working coverage are also important. One of them is the number of segments. Most models use 3×3 configuration, but there are non.standard solutions. As for the width of the coverage, it varies on average from 450 to 750 mm.
Grinding on concrete
After completion of concreting, there are irregularities on the frozen concrete. The increased requirements for the commodity type of concrete surfaces require a special operation to eliminate the heights and roughness changes.
To complete the task, a special device is used. a grinding machine for concrete. Various types of mechanized tables are used to ensure the necessary surface quality.
Consider the features of this equipment.
Grinding machine for concrete. assignment of the device
Ensure the perfect purity of the concrete base manually, without using a mechanical tool, is problematic. This is a time.consuming and complex process that does not always guarantee the expected result.
Accelerate and facilitate grinding allows industrial or manual grinding in concrete. It is not difficult to purchase a pliner in construction stores.
Devices are characterized by the degree of functionality, purpose and design features.
They allow the following events:
- bring the quality of a freshly laid cement base;
- remove the layer of worn.out base that has become unusable;
- plan a surface for finishing;
- smooth out high.altitude changes and remove local influxes;
- ensure increased roughness of the basis for increasing adhesion;
- polish the concrete base to a mirror state.
Modern requirements for erected concrete structures are so great that in addition to the high quality of cement, it is recommended to use auxiliary equipment
A grinding hand.grinding machine for concrete and industrial grinding can plan the basis in the following ways:
- Wet. Grinding the concrete base is carried out with moisturizing the working surface. As a result, the concentration of dust is reduced, the period of use of the pliner increases;
- dry. With dry processing of the concrete base, the dustiness of the room increases. However, uneven areas and defects are better visible, they are easy to remove.
Mechanized grinding devices intended for household and industrial purposes have a number of advantages. Pros:
- increased efficiency. Over the limited time, one worker can process increased area;
- increased purity of processing. The design of special nozzles reduces the value of the permissible error to 1.5–2 mm;
- simplicity of design and ease of use. You can proceed to work immediately after familiarization with the instructions and trial processing;
- extended selection of additional nozzles. They provide the necessary quality of the working surface;
- Long use. The tool does not overheat and a long period of time can function reliably.
Today, a large selection of types and models from different manufacturers is offered today
Simultaneously with the advantages, there are weaknesses of the equipment:
- Increased dust concentration. The use of wet technology allows you to get rid of this drawback;
- additional costs for the acquisition of consumables. They are associated using expensive nozzles.
Despite the shortcomings, professional builders positively speak about grinders.
Grinding of concrete. varieties of tools
Grinding technique is different:
Consider in detail this classification.
Concrete grinding machine. classification for use
Group, depending on the area of application and the specifics of the tasks to be solved, are divided into the following types:
- household grinder in concrete. It is used to perform construction measures at home with a reduced processing area. Has a slight power, and requires periodic breaks when performing work. The design does not allow overloading the device that should be operated strictly according to the instructions. Advantages. affordable price and small mass;
Processing stone surfaces manually is a time.consuming and prolonged process that does not always give the desired result
- Professional grinder for concrete. Equipped with a drive engine of increased power, which increases performance. Power supply and design features allow the device to operate for a long time with increased load. This type of equipment is used by specialized construction organizations in the implementation of increased volumes of work;
- Pauline grinding machine (alignment of screed). It is designed to plan the base and eliminate defects. The increased power of the electric engine allows you to perform the required number of passes to ensure the quality of the concrete floor in a limited time. Such equipment is not intended for other work;
- Stone polishing device. Is an instrument of narrow functional purpose. The original design of the working body equipped with special nozzles allows you to quickly achieve minimal roughness of natural stone. The design of the equipment allows you to plan not only the concrete surface, but also the asphalt coating of sidewalks and roads.
The choice of grinding equipment to perform specific tasks, take into account the purpose.
Grinding machine for concrete. design options
The grinding machine device differs depending on the design solutions laid down by the manufacturer, as well as the specifics of the application.
Grinding technique in concrete is an indispensable tool for the builder
Concrete Grinding Machine
The following units are produced:
- Corner grinding machine for concrete. The main task of this tool is to carry out work on cutting concrete, natural and artificial stone, as well as grinding operations. This type of instrument is called a “angular grinder”, a feature of which are small dimensions and a small weight. It is convenient to use it with limited access and in corner zones. Some modifications have a mechanism that reduces vibration with uneven wear of the grinder;
- Ribbon grinder for the floor. It is used for manual surface refinement. The main area of use is black processing for the elimination of gross influx of concrete and removing significant height drops. With a concrete surface, when working as a tool, a sandpaper located on cylindrical drums contacts. The design features of the grinding device allow you to change the speed of movement of the abrasive tape;
- Vibrational grinding machine for concrete. Models of this category are used for preliminary refinement of the concrete base before the final stage of processing. The grinding process is carried out by exposure to the concrete surface of a special site, on which sheets of abrasive with a different level of granularity are fixed. The intensity of the effect of the working body changes depending on the amplitude of vibrational vibrations;
- Grinding orbital machine for gender. It is able to provide the perfect quality of the final surface. The increased efficiency of the grinding process of the concrete basis is ensured by the combination of vibrational effects with the rotational movement of the working nozzle. The design has weaknesses. This is a limited functioning time and reduced productivity with a small diameter of the tool;
Grinding machine for concrete: select a device for polishing surfaces with your own hands
The surface of concrete after the filling is rarely ideal. To correct the situation, it is necessary to align it using a professional tool called a grinding machine for concrete.
What is a grinding machine
It is quite difficult to handle stone surfaces by hand. To facilitate labor and save work time, use special power tools. Concrete grinding machine is suitable for processing such surfaces.
The power tool is rotating discs to which an abrasive element joins. Different granularity of the tool, as well as adjustable power, allow you to achieve different types of processed surface: matte, glossy, mirror-glossy.
Many large companies offer a huge number of grinding models.
All of them differ from each other, but from the point of view of the design, all consist of such elements, such as: support frame, control levers, engine, abrasive part.
During the choice of grinder, it is important to consider their characteristics such as:
The correctly selected tool will save the surface from the old layer, and give perfect smoothness to the new coating.
Grinding machines: scope of use
Concrete machines are represented by different types, they differ in functions that can perform:
- removal of layers of worn materials;
- giving a flat surface a cemented floor;
- Smoothing bevels;
- elimination of irregularities;
- Creating a rough surface.
Each type of equipment for grinding concrete floors has its advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantage is that today in stores a large range of apparatus for grinding concrete is presented in stores. They are quite easy to use, do not require special skills to work.
One of the significant advantages of the units is a wide range of nozzles that increase the functionality of the grinding machine.
In addition to all of the above, the equipment can work without breakdowns for a long time.
The main disadvantage in a large amount of dust, which is formed during the operation of a grinding machine for a concrete floor. Also, the disadvantages include the fact that additional materials will have to lay out a considerable amount of money.
Types of tools for the type of purpose
Grinding is a truly incomparable assistant to every builder. It is necessary when it is necessary to achieve the perfect smoothness of concrete. This measure is especially used before finishing.
Power tools according to the type of purpose can be divided into four categories described below.
Household power tools
This group of power tools is suitable for small in terms of work. They are purchased for repair in a house or at a summer cottage. Typically, such grinders are not intended for prolonged work, so they have a slight power. They can’t do serious loads. To avoid failure of the equipment, it is recommended to follow the instructions.
Professional tools are aimed at performing work with large loads without a break.
They are also able to treat surfaces with a huge area.
This technique has high power, and is intended for construction work.
They purchase professional equipment mainly large companies.
Alignment of the screed
Grinding for screed is necessary for aligning surfaces. In addition, it is used to rub the seams. Just like professional technology, a grinding grinder has a lot of power. The use of the tool is narrowly fired. It is suitable only in order to align the screed.
To align roads and sidewalks, they acquire a special tool. It is recommended for processing surfaces made of stone or asphalt. To polish the stone, the machine will be equipped with additional metal shields.
Types of tools for the type of design
Depending on the method of work performed and types of processed materials, grinding machines are presented in different sizes on sale and differ in the structure.
Corner grinder is acquired to perform simple work. They are small, used in hard.to.reach places and are able to cut solid materials. The people are called Bulgarians for grinding concrete. Corner models are considered hand.grinding machines by concrete.
Tape type models
Ribbon machines are needed for rough processing of concrete. During the initial polishing of surfaces, it removes large bumps. For grinding, an abrasive tape is required. Its value affects the processing speed.
If you need to perform prefinished processing, you will need a grinding machine of the vibration type.
For work, special sheets are used that are attached to the sole.
Elements used for grinding, after a while, require a replacement.
This is the only insignificant drawback that affects the speed of work.
To perform gross processing, they acquire eccentric machines. They are able to prepare the surface with qualitatively for finishing. In hard.to.reach places, it is difficult to use them. Eccentric technology are considered professional.
Mosaic-grinding power tools
Mosaic-grinding machine by concrete is able to process stone or concrete walls. The device is suitable for polishing and making roughness to surfaces.
How to choose
Sometimes choosing a grinding machine becomes quite difficult due to a huge variety of models. A thorough study of the characteristics of each type of tool and the sphere of its application will help to determine. It is also important to determine what technical characteristics the machine should have.
Homemade grinding machine
Those who have free time and desire can try themselves as a designer and make a grinding machine with their own hands. Such a machine can be used to grind small concrete surfaces.
First, on a wooden board pre.treated with varnish, you need to fix the motor. For a homemade machine, an electric motor from an old washing machine is quite suitable. For the motor to work, it needs to ensure uninterrupted power supply. As a power source, you can use the battery. Then, a grinding machine for concrete with your own hands will be mobile and, working with it, you will not have to look for an electric power to.
All nodes of a homemade grinding machine are connected to each other using ordinary wires. In the general circuit of the unit, it is also necessary to introduce an electrical switch. After installation of the main nodes, they begin to fasten the grinding circle. This circle can be bought in a store. When choosing a grinding circle, you should take into account the diameter of the axis of the electric motor. In the event of a mismatch of diameters, you can use ordinary bushings. And finally, the handle and small wheels are attached to the plank with an electric motor. The result is a grinding machine quite suitable for work at home.
Stages and disadvantages of grinding concrete surfaces
Grinding concrete surfaces has two basic disadvantages: greater laboriousness and the need to use special equipment.
In the small construction of concrete grinding, they try to avoid, masking irregularities and defects with finishing materials of subsequent layers, which is not entirely true
The process of grinding concrete consists of three stages:
- Black smoothing. At this stage, the upper, weakest layer of concrete screed is removed at this stage. To do this, use cups or disks with a granularity of 25-40.
- Elimination of defects. All cracks, irregularities, deformation seams using diamond or corundum discs with granularity up to 400 units are removed from the concrete surface.
- Finishing grinding. At the final stage, glossy, perfectly ironed floor is obtained.
Grinding the concrete surface is a very important stage in the arrangement of modern sexes, on which their quality largely depends. Grinding precedes the processes of impregnation and processing of the floor with paints and varnishes and provides reliable adhesion of polymer coatings with concrete surfaces.
With the creation of a grinding machine for concrete with your own hands from a corner grinder, it is described in
Varieties of grouting machines
At the second stage of construction work on the installation of floors, after pouring and compaction of concrete, grout machines are used, which make the concrete surface even, smooth and ready to apply the final coating.
Brighting machine for concrete can be one- or two-rope. Their main difference is the operator’s position during operation. Single.generated machines are controlled using a long handle, which the operator holds in hand and moves along the processed surface on its own.
As for the two.rope machine, the operator controls it, being in a chair located on the machine itself. In this case, there is no contact of a person with the working plane, concrete only the wheels and blades of the machine relate.
Two.rot machines have two work surfaces of large diameter. Such an unit allows you to process quite large areas in a short time. In the common people, a grout is called a helicopter. Probably due to the fact that wheels and blades that work alternately are used as a working tool.
First, from the concrete surface with the help of disks, all the irregularities that arose in the process of solidification of concrete are eliminated, and then the blades begin their work. They polish the surface and make it as smooth and even as possible. Blades can be 3 or 4. But more often, a grinding machine for concrete type is equipped with four blades. On some models, the angle of inclination of the blades changes using a special lever. The intensity of the exposure of the blades on the processed surface depends on the angle of inclination.
Self.propelled grouting machine for concrete, which you can now even on the Internet should be controlled by specially trained personnel. This equipment allows you to mechanize all work processes for smoothing, leveling and grouting concrete.
On issues of practical technology and aspects of equipment rental SM. The second part of the article.
About a grinding machine on concrete manual is described in
Handbook of a builder technologist-Gennady Badin-239 rubles.- Link to the review of the book
Handbook of a modern designer. Gennady Verzhbovsky. 280. Link to a review of the book
Builder’s Handbook. Victor Akhanov. 250. Link to the Book Review. Materials and technologies. Lyudmila Zarubina. 127. Link to the review of the book Help of the latest technologies in construction and repair. in. Kotelnikov. 234. Link to the review of the book
Preparation of the floor. How to remove defects
The cycle depends on the type of old sex. Easier to perform on a finished monolithic coating. It happens like this:
- Removing extraneous objects: ends of reinforcement, wire, bumps.
- Cutting cracks, potholes (to a depth of 2. 3 cm) in the old coating. Settling with a solution.
- Installation of lighthouses from the solution, profiles.
- Cleaning from dust. Impregnation with connecting compositions.
- Fill the screed based on decorative fillers from solid breeds (marble, granite, basalt).
When cutting cracks with a grinder, pinching and destruction of the disk is possible!
The old floor does not have a monolithic screed. Work is done in the following sequence:
- dismantling the old floor;
- sprinkle from inconsistent soil (crushed stone, domain slag);
- Performance of preparation with a thickness of 100 mm from concrete of low brands (m 50. m 100);
- installation of lighthouses from the solution, profiles;
- impregnation with connecting compounds;
- filling the screed based on decorative solid fillers.
The thickness of the decorative screed. at least 50 mm.
Tips to the master
The strength of cement stone for compression, stretching below the same indicators in solid fillers. This affects the durability of the coating. To increase strength, which means the duration of the unconscious period, you need:
- Increase the solid aggregate in the mixture (up to 1250 kg/m2).
- Use a filler size of a fraction up to 10 mm. brands at least 500.
- Use plasticizers (races) to increase the fluidity of the mixture from reducing water in the composition. Another effect of their use. increase strength.
- Mixing in a concrete mixer.
When you can polish the concrete after pouring? Not earlier than he will gain strength of 50%.
Polishing monoliths with a strength of less than 20 MPa is not effective.
Varieties of grinding equipment
Grinding machines in the modern construction market are represented by a wide range of industrial and manual grinding machines. There are two main criteria to distinguish these products: the purpose of the product and its design features.
Classification by purpose
Despite the design features, grinding machines have different purposes.
Table 1. Classification by purpose
Classification depending on the design
Of the most popular models that differ constructively, the following options can be noted.
table 2. Classification depending on the design
Table 3. Features of work on a multifunctional machine equipped with Frankfurts
How to choose a grinding machine: Basic rules
When choosing a grinding machine, it is required to take into account many factors, among which the first place is the purpose of the equipment that allows you to solve the circle of certain problems at the facility. When this parameter is determined, they begin to select the tool by power, the number of revolutions and the working diameter of the diamond discs or the movable mechanism of tape equipment.
Given the scope of upcoming events, they choose a manual or industrial type of equipment.
When choosing a grinding machine, preference should be given to proven manufacturers and brands, such as Makita, AEG, SERN, BOSCH. Products from Chinese manufacturers, which have recently appeared, have a compact size and attractive cost-before you purchase them, it is recommended to familiarize themselves with reviews on the corresponding Internet resources, as well as get acquainted with the opinions of professional craftsmen at specialized forums. It is also important that the store where the equipment is purchased gives it a guarantee.
Rating of popular grades of grinding machines
The manufacturer. equipment is characterized by high power and affordable cost.
- The design of the traverse ensures the absence of vibration of cutting and load.bearing elements, provides the possibility of processing a wide range of materials with the required parameters of micronerings and the quality of the processed surface.
- The possibility of using additional cargo, high engine power give enormous performance.
Due to the lack of a planetary rotational mechanism, they give a qualitative effect when working with relatively even surfaces.
Camp manufacturer. Belarus. Allow you to work with surfaces that have smooth wave.like changes. Used on an industrial scale. This model is the most powerful and productive in the line of such equipment.
- Affordable price.
- Strong metal structure.
- High performance.
- Powerful electric motor.
- Simplicity of movement and transportation.
Co-307 mosaic-grinding machine is not intended for operation in explosive zones.
Husqvarna PG 530
Country Manufacturer. Sweden. It is used when working at the facilities of the middle area.
- The electric cabinet provides a digital control unit with a display and keyboard. The module allows you to control the work of equipment.
- The handles are adjusted for convenience.
- Redi Lock system promotes a simple change in diamond equipment.
note! If a granite filler or gravel is added to the concrete, then quite powerful equipment will be required, unlike a surface with marble chips, which is easily polished.
As for the equipment for polishing, it has more compact dimensions and is equally used in conditions of large objects, in houses when processing screed and apartments.