An angle grinder for what you need
Eccentric sanders are considered the most efficient and versatile tool for polishing and sanding surfaces. In industrial production and in private use, they show the best result in the quality of surface treatment.
Polishing and sanding is possible thanks to a combination of rotational and eccentric movements of the sole. The sole rotates in an orbit and simultaneously rolls around its axis. Such complex movement of the abrasive allows for efficient grinding with a minimum of imperfections.
The machine weighing from 1 to 3 kg is equipped with a round sole with Velcro, to which an abrasive wheel on a felt basis is attached. The soles come in two sizes. diameter: 125 and 150 mm. Machines with a 125 mm sole are lighter, designed for a smaller area and for more delicate work than sanders with a 150 mm sole. Electric motors consume from 200 to 900 W. more power provides more performance.
When installing the equipment, it is important that the holes on the sole of the grinder coincide with the holes of the abrasive wheel, otherwise the process of dust removal will be difficult.
They are used for coarse or delicate sanding on large surfaces, for interlayer processing of materials and coatings, for polishing, processing large surfaces along and across the fibers. Often this type of machine is used in carpentry and car painters. With the help of ESM, volumetric, profile and curved surfaces are processed. Working with an eccentric sander is unlikely to spoil the workpiece: grind, burn the material or overdo it with the grinding depth. The level of noise and vibration is lower than other types of grinders.
The disadvantages are obvious: eccentric machines are not suitable for processing interior corners and recesses. Low performance compared to belt sanders.
Delta Vibratory Grinders
A feature of this tool is a compact lightweight body. the weight of the tool is up to 1 kg; a delta-shaped sanding pad, which is why these machines are called “iron”. Electric motor power up to 300 W.
Grinding in hard-to-reach places is carried out due to the fact that the triangular sole makes fast vibrations with a small amplitude. Accessories (sanding sheets) for this tool are not sold everywhere and are more expensive than paper-based sanding belts or grinding wheels.
With the help of a delta sander, fine grinding of protrusions, blind corners, edges, profiles, removal of protruding glue, processing of objects with small parts and complex surfaces is performed.
Delta orbital sander. especially good for joinery, furniture, stairs, car body work, used as a basic tool as well as in addition to eccentric or orbital sanders.
Surface Grinders (Vibratory)
These machines have a mass of 1 to 3 kg, are equipped with a rectangular sole with a clamping mechanism along the edges, which fixes the sanding paper. There are models with the ability to fix the rig to the sole with Velcro.
The sole performs reciprocating movements in an annular orbit, due to this, grinding or polishing is carried out. The power of the electric motor of this tool is from 150 to 600 W. The sole is of two types: standard. 100 X 200 mm, and mini. miniature options with a base of about 100 X 100 mm.
The choice here is simple: mini surface grinders are suitable for narrow spaces, they are lighter and more maneuverable than standard.
Designed for delicate processing of large flat surfaces. They occupy an intermediate place in the cleanliness of processing parts between belt and eccentric ones. Using a surface grinder, they carry out finishing grinding of various surfaces: wood, plastic, stone.
Benefits: Ability to grind and polish inside corners, availability of consumables and reasonable cost of the grinder itself.
Disadvantages: high noise relative to orbital.
Choosing a grinder
To make a choice, you need to clearly understand the purpose of each type of grinder. At first glance, the principle of operation of grinding machines is the same. grinding the surface of the material using abrasive equipment. In any given task, one type of grinder will show itself brilliantly, while the other will not give the expected result. For example, eccentric machines cannot handle internal corners, but vibrating sanders can do it. Let’s analyze the types of grinders and determine the scope of each of them.
There are special purpose belt sanders, the so-called belt files or electric files. Often used for deburring weld seams and sanding materials in hard-to-reach areas.
Only certain accessories are suitable for electric files, with a width of 9 to 30 mm.
Such belt sanders weigh much lighter than conventional ones. 1-2 kg.
For belt sanders, the equipment, an abrasive belt glued in the form of an endless ring, moves in one direction along two end rollers, one is leading, the other rotates freely. Linear grinding and high speed of movement of the abrasive provides high productivity, but at the same time requires increased control over the grinding process. LShM weigh up to 7 kg, and the power of the electric motor varies from 500 to 1500 W.
The three main standards of belt sanders are distinguished by the length of the sanding belt: 457 mm, 533 mm, 610 mm.
Belt sanders are suitable for rough sanding of surfaces made of wood, metal, plastic, mineral building materials. Often used when removing old paint or varnish, leveling putty. Due to its high productivity, large quantities of material are quickly removed, and in combination with coarse grit, the belt sander can function as an electric planer. The quality of grinding is not the best indicator of this tool, often during processing cavities and scratches appear. Effective for sanding glued panels and processing convex parts. Models available with the ability to work upside down, stationary.
This tool is not suitable for delicate sanding and requires special control when working. It can leave indentations in the material and, due to the specifics of the sole, belt sanders do not grind in the corners. High noise levels and frequent clogging of the dust extractor are the disadvantages of this tool.
- Most modern grinders are equipped with a dust extraction system: a construction vacuum cleaner is connected through a special pipe or there is a dust collection bag in the kit. This makes the work process cleaner, the tool itself is better controlled, and the consumption of abrasive equipment is reduced.
- By the type of power supply, the machines are divided into network and battery. The advantages and disadvantages of cordless sanders are obvious. mobility and independence from the mains, but the operating time is limited by the battery charge.
What is a wood sander for?
During repairs, and even during the operation of certain products, it is often necessary to bring the surface to a perfectly smooth state. You can do this by hand using sandpaper, but it will take a lot of time and effort. To speed up the process, you can use a special power tool. grinder. These devices are available in several types, have different purposes and are used at different stages of surface treatment.
The wood sander can have different power (from 500 to 1200 W) and belt speed (from 75 to 550 m / min). Some models provide for the adjustment of these parameters, which allows you to choose the operating mode for each surface to be processed and the task being performed. For beginners, a sanding depth limit box is useful. it will not allow you to remove a larger layer of wood than necessary.
Vibrating or flat grinders
This wood sander has a flat rectangular platform. Surface treatment occurs due to the vibration of the platform, on which the abrasive sheet is fixed (a piece of ordinary sandpaper cut to the size of the platform). The sheet is fastened in different ways: on some models with clamps, on others. with Velcro. In either case, the replacement occurs in a matter of seconds.
The sanding platform can be made of special impact-resistant plastics, metals and alloys. When choosing a tool, pay attention to the sole: it must have the correct shape, be free of dents, chips or other damage.
Eccentric or orbital grinders
This type of equipment is used for finishing products. The trajectory of the grinding element resembles an orbit, the speed of rotation of the disc. several thousand revolutions per minute. When operating this type of machine, the dust is very fine, therefore it is advisable to use a vacuum cleaner, not a bag. The wood eccentric sander has an automatic sole stop, rotation speed adjustment and an additional handle. This makes work more comfortable and safer. However, the circular shape of the sanding element does not allow the processing of surfaces in the corners. This is the main disadvantage of this type of machine.
When repairing, making joinery and finishing surfaces, a wood sander helps speed up the work. Reviews of masters and amateurs are unambiguous: this tool allows you to achieve excellent results in the shortest possible time.
This type of equipment, due to the ability to regulate the number of revolutions of the disk, can work with materials such as:
varnished or painted surfaces.
They are not often used in everyday life, but they are popular among professionals in the construction and repair business, tk. allow high-quality finishing of large surfaces (walls, floors). They also have additional functionality. the ability to connect to a vacuum cleaner to collect dust, which invariably forms when grinding any surface.
angle grinder, or angle grinder
Angle grinders (angle grinder) are the most commonly purchased type of this equipment. An angle grinder is needed for a large number of works performed both on a construction site and on a personal plot. Such versatility of this tool is explained by the large number of replaceable attachments:
circles for cutting various materials;
eccentric and emery bits.
With their help, you can cut, remove old paintwork, grind and polish metal and wood. Finishing work in the house, building a gazebo in the country and even making old pans and pots shine again. an angle grinder will help you to do all this.
What is a sander for??
During any construction and repair work, sooner or later, there is a need for surface grinding. Remove the old coating, prepare the surface of the walls for subsequent finishing, level the parquet or metal surface during welding. all these works require the use of grinders. In this article we will talk about what types of grinders are and for what work each type is used.
Eccentric (orbital) grinders
What is an eccentric sander for? It is used in cases where delicate, high-quality processing is required. Unlike other types, the working surface of the eccentric sander not only rotates but also oscillates. By replacing the emery cloth with another attachment with a softer material structure, you can make the surface absolutely smooth, add extra shine to it, for example, polish parquet or car coating after painting. But with shallow depressions or corners, such a machine will not cope, because the disc will not reach there.
Other types of grinders
Belt sanders are used for rough primary surface treatment, but this machine can leave marks from the belt (invoice).
Polishing grinders are most often used for bodywork in car services.
Delta sanders are capable of handling hard-to-reach places such as corners, fine thread details.
Straight grinders (drill) are used for processing (more often metal) in hard-to-reach places, they also allow you to work with small parts of various shapes. The working replaceable element of straight grinders are rotary cutters of various shapes.
On our website you can find a wide range of grinding machines of any modifications that suit you both in terms of cost and functionality.
Wood grinders: which one to choose?
The grinder is a tool that is widely used in everyday life and industrial purposes for processing a variety of surfaces, from granite to plastic. In everyday life, a sander is most often needed when working with wood. In order to choose the right model, you need to study as much information as possible about the types and features of grinders.
Which wood sander to choose: for work, for home
Most often, it is a belt sander that is used for processing wooden surfaces. The working part of this tool looks like an abrasive belt stretched over rotating rollers (2 or more). Wood belt sanders are convenient to use for surfaces without corners and hard-to-reach places. LShM has a low center of gravity, so with this device you can easily handle large areas of wood flooring.
LSHM differ in power, belt rotation speed, and belt size. The standard width is 76 mm, although there are cars with wider belts, but they are rarely used in everyday life. When choosing LSHM, you should pay attention to the presence of the function of automatic centering of the belt and adjusting the speed of rotation of the belt.
Belt sanders are usually used for rough but precise material processing. for example, to fit boards together, to remove a thick top layer, etc. Most often, after LSHM, wood requires additional grinding and polishing, which can be done using a vibration or brush sander.
Brush sander for wood
The brush grinder stands out among other grinders, since it is difficult to attribute it to any of the types. The working surface of this tool is a rotating brush that processes metals or wood (different types of brushes are used for different materials). If, in the case of metal, a brush is used to remove a layer of rust or paint, then a brush sander for wood is usually used to structure and give an aging effect.
angle grinder or angle grinder is one of the most versatile power tools, indispensable for repair work. It is said that the scope of application of the angle grinder is limited only by the imagination of its operator. Among other materials, the angle grinder is also used for wood: cuts, sanding, polishing, restoration, structuring, etc. It is enough to use a suitable wheel, for example a saw wheel for wood for an angle grinder to cut material.
angle grinders differ in power, number of revolutions, wheel diameter and type of power supply.
The orbital sander (GSHM) is another type of tool for grinding and polishing various surfaces. Processing is carried out by vibration of the working surface. It is not the most efficient way of grinding and polishing, but one of the most accurate and delicate. There are three types of orbital sanders: straight, deltoid and eccentric. The name of each of them is associated with the shape of the working sole, which determines the features of the operation of these grinders:
- 1) straight vibrating grinders have a rectangular or square sole, on which an abrasive surface is attached using Velcro or clamps;
- 2) deltoid orbital sanders have a triangular working surface, which is convenient for processing corners and other hard-to-reach places;
- 3) eccentric (or obrital) orbital sanders, in addition to vibration, also use the orbital rotation of the working surface.
Straight and deltoid vibration sanders for wood differ in power and the number of vibrations per minute, and eccentric ones can also produce a different number of revolutions. The most commonly used vibratory sanders are used for finishing and polishing wood.
It is easy to guess that the price of a wood grinder directly depends on which company the tool is produced by. The most popular today are the following brands of grinders: Metabo, Makita, Bosch, Interskol, Sturm, DeWALT and others. Which wood sander is better? The one that meets your requirements and meets the tasks.
Still have questions? Call 7 (495) 191-10-84, we will try to give comprehensive answers to your questions!
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS for singing grinders
The pneumatic grinder is designed for roughing or finishing of castings, forgings of medium and large sizes, alignment of welded seams. Composite or polishing materials can be used for finishing on air grinders.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Before starting to work with a grinding machine, the operator must undergo appropriate training and accurately understand the specifics of the operation and methods of processing a particular surface and material.
STRICTLY FOLLOW THE GENERAL RULES FOR SANDING MACHINES AND ABRASIVE MATERIALS IN PARTICULAR:
- Always disconnect the device from the compressed air network before changing the abrasive, making any adjustments on the pneumatic grinder, or before storing the device.
- Failure to do so may result in injury.
- Use only grinding discs of the appropriate size, shape, quality and strength, check the permissible abrasive speed to match the speed of the pneumatic grinder.
- Check the idling speed of the spindle (in particular after each disassembly or prolonged shutdown). Turns at nominal pressure, should not exceed nominal according to the passport of the device.
- It is impossible to increase the supply pressure above that specified in the passport to increase power.
- Use protective goggles.
- The workplace must be equipped to safely carry out the grinding operation. Must be adequately lit and fenced.
Before connecting the grinder to the compressed air network, it is recommended to blow through the air line to remove water and other possible contamination. Before starting work, the fitting or quick-disconnect connection must be securely connected to the end of the air line of the compressed air network, clamped with a clamp.
Hoses longer than 5 m should be avoided because the pressure drop in the long sleeves will reduce the power of the pneumatic sander. If necessary, use longer hoses, first use the larger diameter and then about 3m with the nominal diameter.
The sander must be powered by a compressed air network equipped with an air preparation unit (filter pressure regulator oiler).
Before starting work, the grinding wheel or other abrasive must be carefully examined to identify possible defects (scratches, cracks, etc.).
ATTENTION! DO NOT START THE SANDING MACHINE WITH FLANGES INSTALLED ON THE SPINDLE WITHOUT INSTALLED abrasive.
Lubrication during operation is essential to ensure high performance and reliability of the grinders.
Given the intensive use of pneumatic tools, the oil for lubricating them should have properties that prevent wear and excessive overheating of rubbing elements, as well as the occurrence of sludge and other oxidation products.
Recommended oils: PNE32 from Lotos OiL S.A. and Shell Torcula 32
For angle grinder. Angle gear lubrication.
Recommended grease for angle gear: RENOLIT SO-GFO 35 from FUCHS.
Every 100 hours of operation of the grinding machine, it is necessary to pump into the angle gear through the oil can on the body of the conical pair.
- Set the drip nipple of the air preparation unit to a level of 4-6 drops per minute of operation of the pneumatic grinder, at full consumption of compressed air.
- In exceptional cases, when the network does not have an oiler, it is imperative, daily before starting work, to pour 2 ÷ 4 ml of the recommended oil into the device through the air nozzle. This action must be repeated every 2 hours of device operation.
- This instruction must be absolutely observed.
- The fact that the pneumatic tool works without lubrication will be the basis for the loss of warranty.
Before starting work, clearly understand how to carry out the task at hand, and select the appropriate pneumatic tool for the specific operation.
IMPORTANT. Conduct a trial processing of the material if you have to make significant efforts to work We recommend choosing another type of sander or a pneumatic tool of higher power.
- Fix the spindle with the shaft locking button or special wrenches (mostly supplied), unscrew the locking screw and unscrew the pressure flange, install the abrasive and reassemble the assembly in the reverse order. Preparing for work and changing the abrasive is straightforward for air finishing grinders.
- The sander is started after connecting it to the compressed air network by pressing the lever (or rotating ring) mounted on the body.
- In grinders, it is possible to change the location of the protective cover for more comfortable work (for angle grinders and straight machines). In most cases, the muffler rotates to remove exhaust air from the operator’s work area.
- During work, the sander must be firmly held in your hands. Don’t relax or get distracted.
- It is not necessary to allow a complete drop in the speed of the grinder due to excessive pressure on the material being processed.
- Do not go from place to place with the air grinder turned on and do not place it on the work surface until the rotation is completely stopped.
- Do not bring the air tool close to your face or lean towards the working area of the air tool while it is operating.
- Make sure that the long ends of the workwear or long hair do not get into the rotation zone of the abrasive installed on the pneumatic tool.
- Best sanding efficiency at 75% idle.
INSPECTIONS AND REPAIRS
ATTENTION: All inspections and repairs should be carried out after disconnecting the device from the compressed air network.
Additional functions of angle grinder
Manufacturers, in order to provide additional convenience and safe operation, equip the tool with various functional and protective automatics and mechanics, of which the most common are:
- Soft start. allows you to protect the tool assemblies from short-term excessive loads at the time of start. This applies not only to the gears of the reducer, but also to the electrical part of the angle grinder, because at the moment of start, the electric motor experiences surges in current strength. The function will prevent the tool from jerking at the start. This is especially true for large massive angle grinders.
- Anti-vibration system. designed to damp vibrations arising from uneven rotation of large-diameter discs. A similar function is also called a balancing system.
- Protection against accidental start. implemented, as a rule, by an additional button, pressing which unlocks the start key. Allows you to avoid accidental start of the tool, thereby increasing the safety of its operation.
- Maintaining constant revolutions under load. makes it easier to process parts by stabilizing the speed of the cutting wheel with any change in load in automatic mode.
- Rotational speed control. allows you to select the desired operating mode of the angle grinder for specific tasks, for example, cutting or grinding material.
- SDS quick-locking nut. its presence allows you to remove and install the working element of the angle grinder without using any keys or any additional tools. This nut is loosened by hand.
Also, modern models are equipped with systems of protection against “wedge” of the disk and secondary start.
How not to work with an angle grinder
Safety when using an angle grinder should come first. According to it, it is prohibited:
- make working manipulations without PPE;
- works in light clothing that does not completely cover the body (arms, legs);
- use a machine that is not equipped with a spark protection cover;
- start using it without checking the tool’s performance at idle speed;
- work with a disc that is defective or unsuitable for the material;
- be located in the plane of the cut;
- press with force on the tool;
- work so that the direction of rotation of the circle is towards the operator;
- do the work without taking breaks, because the hands get tired and it is difficult to hold the angle grinder firmly;
- so that the workpiece to be processed is not fixed (for example, in a vice or clamps);
- sharpen metal parts with the side part of the disc;
- cut workpieces, the thickness of which is more than half the size of the radius of the circle used;
- finding unauthorized persons in the working area;
- touch the nozzles until they cool down, because they get very hot during cutting and grinding from friction;
- when deepening the circle into the workpiece, turn on the tool;
- grind with thin discs;
- use attachments with a larger diameter than the angle grinder is designed for;
- position the workpiece so that when cutting, the circle is pinched (the cut should be for a break, and not for squeezing).
Safe use of a saw in an angle grinder is ensured by the fact that it is replaced only when the device is disconnected from the mains.
As a rule, low-power models of small dimensions, not intended for continuous operation without interruption.
After 15 minutes of work, they require rest, otherwise the case may end up overheating.
Their power is in the range of 800. 1000 W, and they are designed to work in tandem with discs with a diameter of 125. 150 mm.
, high-quality and sophisticated. 8. 12 thousand rubles.
With independent main stick mounted behind the body.
In some models, it can be rotated, which increases the convenience of using the tool in different planes.
Additional handle is fixed in three positions.
In addition to electric, there are machines with a different type of drive:
General safety rules
To reduce the possibility of injury when working with an angle grinder, this tool must be handled correctly. At the same time, it is necessary to observe the following rules of use:
- It is imperative to use personal protective equipment. Operator’s health must be in good condition.
- Before work, it is necessary to check the correctness and reliability of the casing fastening so that it does not fall off in the process, and sparks do not fly off to the operator.
- Use only whole discs without defects (cracks, chips, breaks) and strictly as intended for processing a specific material.
- A protective shield must be located between the operator and the circle to provide protection if the latter is destroyed.
- Before starting work, you need to check the performance of the tool at idle for about 1 minute: uniformity of rotation at maximum speed, no vibration.
- Before use, inspect any attachments to determine their suitability for use.
- It is necessary to protect objects that can ignite from sparks with an asbestos or ordinary damp cloth: oily rags, fuels and lubricants, paper, solvents, ropes.
- It is required to constantly securely fix the working attachments so that they do not fall off.
- If it is possible to control the speed of rotation, set the speed recommended for cutting or grinding the working material.
- Cut the tree very carefully, as hitting a branch can cause the tool to jerk out of the hand.
- It is forbidden to install attachments from a circular saw due to the fact that they are designed for a different spindle speed.
- Hold the tool with both hands.
- When starting to work, it is necessary to remove all unnecessary and make sure that there are no objects on the cutting plane, except for the workpiece.
- Take regular breaks from work.
- If the working attachment is stuck, turn off the tool immediately.
- Maintain a stable (balanced) body position.
- The power cord must be kept away from the rotating part so as not to cut it or cause a short circuit.
- Only after a complete stop of the circle is it allowed to release the tool from the hands.
- When moving around the workplace, turn off the angle grinder, and this must also be done when the supply voltage is turned off.
- Cut only at full speed.
The stated safety measures have been developed by manufacturers of angle grinders, as well as by special organizations (services) involved in labor protection.
To ensure the safety of work, it is better to purchase not the cheapest, high-quality materials from reliable manufacturers.
A person working with an angle grinder must be adequate and in a balanced psychological state.
What is an angle grinder for??
This parameter does not play a special role, because at the factory, for each model of the tool, the optimal rotational speed of the disk is selected, based on its diameter.
Same speed angle grinder accelerates the cutting edge of wheels of different diameters to different speeds.
This should be remembered, because if the speed of the edge exceeds the mark of 80 m / s, the disk will simply collapse.
For this reason, manufacturers tie an upper threshold for rotation speed to the diameter of the working element.
For 125 mm tooling, the rotation speed limit is 11 thousand rpm, for a circle of 230 mm. about 6.5 thousand rpm, because the larger the diameter of the disc, the greater the linear speed of its edge at the same angular speed, that is just the number of revolutions.
If the rotation speed is too low, the disk resource and the speed of the work itself suffer significantly.
When in contact with the treated surface, the revolutions fall due to the friction of the working element, therefore the presence of a system for maintaining constant revolutions under load significantly increases the efficiency of work, avoiding drawdowns in the performance of the angle grinder.
Some angle grinders have an initial low spindle speed, as they are designed to work with stainless steel.
The fact is that high speed in this case leads to the appearance of tarnishing colors with the loss of its properties by the material.
Dimensions and weight
The dimensions of the angle grinder are determined by the maximum diameters of the discs for which they are designed to work.
By size, grinders can be divided into several types:
- Small. an average length of 270 mm and a height of 100 mm, for discs 115. 125 mm.
- Medium. 350 mm long and 120. 130 mm high, for discs 150. 180 mm.
- Large. 400 mm long and over 140 mm high, for 210. 230 mm discs.
As for the weight of the angle grinder, it is between 1.8 and 6-7 kg.
The standard rim diameter of the discs is 22.2 mm, their thickness is 0.8. 2 mm, and the outer diameter is 100. 230 mm.
Grinding and polishing
Abrasive wheels are used to grind workpieces in “angle grinders”. Large grinding wheels are used for metal and stone, and cup wheels are used for natural stone. The most primitive tool for grinding a wide variety of surfaces is, as you know, an abrasive cloth, and a grinding cloth wheel is attached to disc wheels, for grinding in which metal brushes are used.
Different attachments are used for roughing, finishing or roughing. For fine grinding, eccentric grinding attachments are used, which are fixed on the thread of the additional handle of the machine and the spindle. After such grinding, practically no traces remain on the material, therefore, using eccentric grinding attachments, they effectively process wood, plastic, metal and varnish.
To make rough grinding with a cut-off wheel, the “angle grinder” is held at an angle of 30-40 ° to the surface to be treated. All angle grinders do not have a dust collection device, so it is important to wear protective goggles when using them. When polishing, there is usually not a lot of dust, but when performing other types of work, you must also use a respirator.
An angle grinder or “angle grinder” is a power tool, the extremely important technical characteristic of which is the spindle rotation speed during idling. The optimal speed of such rotation is calculated based on the fact that at the point of contact with the workpiece and relative to this workpiece, the linear speed of the cutting blade approaches 80 meters per second. Enough school knowledge in the field of physics to understand why the rotation speed of disks with a large diameter is lower than that of small disks.
Another important characteristic of the “angle grinder” is its power consumption. In the case of an angle grinder, the power indicator is directly related to the diameter of the grinding tool, therefore the largest disc, respectively, having the greatest weight, experiences the most significant loads during operation. It is on this parameter that the correct choice of an “angle grinder” depends, since the more endurance and power of the tool, the more durable and reliable it will be. Therefore, highly professional angle grinders are initially designed for long-term high-quality work, but their price, respectively, is higher.
An indispensable feature of a modern “angle grinder” is a soft start system, which serves as a stabilizer for the tool, preventing a large surge of current. Thanks to this system, angle grinders can be powered from a regular household electrical network with a voltage of 220 V.
Industrial and professional angle grinders are additionally equipped with a mechanism that maintains a constant speed, regardless of what material is being processed and under what conditions. Even the amount of effort applied by the operator does not affect the operation of the tool. Those. in any case, such angle grinders will function at their best. Another innovation that has affected both professional and household models of the “angle grinder” is the disc balancing system, which neutralizes the inconvenience in work resulting from uneven wear of the disc and the resulting excessive vibration and difficult grinding.
How the process of work is carried out?
The workpiece or part that is being sanded must be tightly fastened. After this is done, you need to turn on the “angle grinder” and bring it to the surface to be treated and start grinding, without applying significant effort. The best result from the work will be if it is done slowly, that is, the material will be removed gradually, which will ensure the optimal quality of grinding.
How to Use an Angle Grinder: Angle Grinder Attachments
But if the material is not heat-resistant, then it may start to burn during grinding. Fire must be prevented without fail. If such a danger arises, it is necessary to reduce the number of revolutions of the disc and use a fine-grained nozzle.
After the grinding is done, you need to start polishing the workpiece. To polish a metal part, you must first apply the polishing paste to the surface to be treated and apply a fur attachment to the angle grinder. If it is necessary to polish the plastic, then such a paste should be applied not to the surface of the workpiece, but to the grinding wheel. Do not press hard on plastic workpieces, as this heat can cause bubbles and stains to form on it.
Summarizing all of the above, we can conclude that “angle grinder” or in professional language. angle grinder, or abbreviated as UFSH, is a multifunctional machine for current household and amateur work, namely cutting, grinding and polishing various types of workpieces, parts and surfaces.
SUPER POWERFUL NARROW ANGLE PROBLEMS: UP TO 39 °!
Continue to work when others cannot: angle grinders with flat gear housing
Powerful angle grinder with flat gear housing for fast work at particularly acute angles up to 39 °, offering the highest degree of user protection
Flat gear angle grinders
The right machine for every problem
- Even more productivity with the powerful 1550 watt Marathon motor. 70% faster than conventional machines.
- Cutting discs up to 150 mm in diameter allow even sharper corners: save money by using standard grinding discs instead of expensive special accessories.
- Maximum user protection when working on sharp corners thanks to standard and approved solutions.
An electronic residual current system reduces recoil when the circle is locked. high level of user protection.
Metabo Marathon motor:
- up to 50% higher torque
- up to 20% higher overload resistance
- for faster material removal and longer service life
Powerful angle grinder with flat gear housing for fast work at particularly acute angles up to 39 °, offering the highest degree of user protection.
Non-latching on / off switch: safe operation thanks to ergonomically positioned switch with non-slip surface.
Fastest braking system for maximum user protection: patented mechanical disc brake stops the circle after switching off for 2 seconds, even if the power supply is cut off.
with a new angle grinder with a flat gear housing to work.
- . faster than wire brush
. faster than straight grinder
. faster than pneumatic chisel
The main structural difference between the PSHM and other types of grinders is the presence of an elongated shaft (similar to the trunk of an elephant) and the longitudinal arrangement of the spindle relative to the axis of the device. The spindle allows you to install different types of attachments, for processing metal, wood or leather.
The overwhelming majority of models operate from the mains, since the device, for its intended purpose, must work for a long time. However, for work in the absence of electricity, you can purchase a rechargeable model. There are also pneumatic-type devices powered by a compressor. They are somewhat cheaper than other types and are convenient for working outdoors, in high humidity (when there is a possibility of electric shock).
Here is an example of such a PSHM. the Makita GD0600 model
Due to the design of PSHM, it is convenient to use them for cleaning surfaces in hard-to-reach places, for example, narrow holes. It is also convenient to clean welded seams, for example, on heating pipes, when the seam is on the back wall of the pipe near the wall, and you simply cannot crawl with other devices. It is worth noting separately such an area of use as leatherwork. Leather craftsmen use drills (not to be confused with dental equipment) to treat the ends of the skin, polishing them with various attachments.
PSHM is worth buying if you are engaged in leather processing or the manufacture of decorative wood products. It is also suitable for boring holes (instead of files) and stripping hard-to-reach places.
Grinders: what are there, for what work they are suitable
Grinding machines are not only the well-known angle grinder. There are at least 8 more different types: find out how they differ and which one is better for which work to choose.
We all know an angle grinder or angle grinder. However, there are at least 8 more types of grinders. Some of them are similar in design and in the principle of operation with an angle grinder, while others are radically different. From the previous articles, you can find out how to choose an angle grinder for your home and what kind of discs are on it. Here we will tell you what other grinders exist and when it is worth buying them.
Structurally, they are almost the same as an angle grinder, with the only difference in the attachment of the attachment: in polishing machines, the fastening bolt is higher and the attachment is attached by screwing its inner sleeve onto the bolt (a clamping nut holds the attachment in the angle grinder).
Also, if we compare the angle grinder and the PSHM, then the polishing machine does the job more cleanly, as it is designed for the final surface treatment. Wheels made of felt, wool and other soft materials are used for polishing. PSHM is very convenient for bodywork, when the car needs to be prepared for painting. In other cases, an angle grinder is quite capable of replacing this polisher.
Such a device instead of a disc (as on conventional angle grinders) has a roller covered with metal bristles. The top of the roller is covered with a steel casing that protects the operator’s eyes from metal and other dust. Also note that the secondary handle is not straight, but curved for ease of use. Otherwise, this is an ordinary angle grinder.
Orbital sander and eccentric machine
Vibration grinding and eccentric are similar in principle of operation. The engine drives the eccentric connecting rod, which is located on the shaft. The eccentric transmits vibrational movements to the working sole, which actually removes the layer of the processed material. We can say that grinding occurs with a certain amplitude. The only difference between the GSHM and the eccentric is in the shape of the sole: for the GSHM it is flat and it can only polish flat surfaces, while for the eccentric it is round and it is also suitable for wavy surfaces.
The degree of grinding largely depends on the abrasive of the nozzle we use. The nozzle itself (skin) is attached to the sole with the help of special clips. The surface is processed slowly, but very high quality, therefore GSHM and eccentric models are used mainly for finishing grinding. This Interskol PShM-115 / 300E can be recommended to those who are looking for a good value for money.
Vibration devices are used for wood processing, for example, for sanding doors, for finishing premises, for restoring furniture (to remove an old layer), as well as for cleaning and grinding a car body. If you have a carpentry workshop, then GSOM will find a worthy place among the tools that you regularly use.
A belt sander is visually similar to an electric planer and is also designed for large surfaces. However, if with a plane you can remove a fairly large amount of material in one pass, then the LShM rips off a little and more accurately. The device has a working shaft and two guide rollers. An abrasive material is stretched between these rollers, which actually cleans the surface.
LSHM can be used for rough roughing of the surface and for fine grinding. over, it can be used not only for wood, but also for plastic surfaces and even metal. Due to the low center of gravity, the operator does not have to put too much pressure on the device to “walk” over the surface.
LSHM are produced by different brands; this is one of the most popular types of grinders. There are inexpensive models like this Bort BBS-801N.
The main area of application of LSHM is the processing of edges and edges of workpieces, for example, in door and window frames, furniture structures. And although LShM is sometimes used for finishing work, it is inferior to vibro-grinding or polishing in terms of “cleanliness” of polishing.
Wall grinders are similar in principle to angle grinders and polishing machines. However, the working disk is rather large here (225. 370 mm), it is attached in a different way and there is an extension rod in the design (it does not always come with the device). They work exclusively from the mains, so you won’t be able to use them in the absence of an outlet.
The main purpose of wall grinders is grinding and polishing the walls after plastering. Also, coarse nozzles can be used to remove old paint and dried, non-peeling old wallpaper. over, SSM allows you to process a large area in a short time. The device is suitable for finishers who regularly have to prepare walls for painting, plastering or wallpapering.