Attaching The Knife To The Patriot Trimmer
It is not recommended to put metal knives on electric scythes, since the design features make their use dangerous for the user. This is due to the curved shape of the rod, the absence of stops on the handles, as well as the high rotation speed.
On gooseneck trimmers, plastic blades should be used for safety reasons. Their purpose is to mow soft grasses, dead wood. Whereas metal discs do an excellent job with tall, dense, hard shoots, shrubs, and tree shoots.
Trimmer disc installation procedure
Attaching the blade to the trimmer is easy. For this, a complete wrench is used that disconnects the cutting attachment and a pin that blocks the gearbox. The procedure is as follows.
- First of all, the electric trimmer should be disconnected from the network, the petrol trimmer should be simply turned off. Detach and move the protective cover to the side.
- Next, you need to align the holes on the gearbox and the shaft in order to insert a pin into them and block the drive.
- If a spool with line was used, it must be unscrewed clockwise.
- Then you need to find a nut to twist the knife.
- The next step is to install the knives. Trimmer owners often wonder which side to put the disc on. This must be done so that the marking with numbers and letters is on top.
- Then you need to put a boot on top, and above it. a fixing nut, which must be tightened tightly with a wrench.
- The last step is to install the protective cover.
As you can see, the procedure is very simple and the same for many brands, whether it is Stihl or Husqvarna.
When is the use of knives relevant?
When using lawn mowers in summer cottages, the fishing line is the most popular attachment. It has a low price, is suitable for different trim heads, and is safe to use. The disadvantage of using a fishing line is that it is convenient only for mowing low growth. In other situations, the string will hit immediately, regardless of whether a gasoline or electric trimmer is used. In addition, vegetation is wound around the spindle, which creates significant resistance on the shaft and leads to its breakage. It can also cause a failure of the piston system in lawn mowers or burnout of the motor in trimmers.
Therefore, for mowing tall or hard vegetation, various attachments are used. So, for harvesting tall and coarse grass, thin shoots of trees and shrubs, it is better to install and use a disc. This nozzle clogs much less often, which contributes to the greater wear resistance of the equipment.
Regardless of the quality of the disc, over time it becomes dull and begins to chop grass poorly. If the knives are still relatively new, and replacement is impractical, you can sharpen them yourself.
To sharpen discs, you must:
- Disassemble the trimmer, remove the knives;
- Carefully inspect the disc. if cracks are found, it is better to replace the part with a new one, since its further operation is unsafe;
- Curved blades can be gently bent with a hammer;
- Given the size of the disc, you need to choose the right file for metal, this will provide more convenient work;
- Sharpen all the upper cutting edges of the discs at an angle of 30 °;
- Assemble trimmer in reverse order.
To sharpen the disc, you can use a low speed emery machine with a medium grit grinding wheel. With such a tool, the process will move much faster. For safety, you need to wear gloves on your hands, and a protective mask or goggles on your face.
So, for mowing grass on gasoline and trimmers, plastic and metal discs of various shapes and with a different set of blades are used. They are chosen in accordance with the type of work performed and the size of the cultivated area. If the blades on the mower are dull, it is easy to sharpen them or change them yourself. Despite the simplicity of the procedure, you need to be careful and remember about safety, so as not to injure yourself through negligence or damage the equipment. A more detailed description of replacing the knives in relation to a particular trimmer model can be found in the operating instructions or on the manufacturer’s official website. For clarity, the general scheme of the process is shown in.
Disk selection criteria
You need to choose a plastic or metal knife, taking into account the area of the site that you plan to process, as well as the type of trimmer. electric or gasoline. The number of blades will depend on which growth needs to be removed with the tool. You can choose the desired shape of the disc, the number of blades and the material of manufacture using the instruction manual for the device. Usually it prescribes which cutters are recommended to be used for solving certain tasks.
The number of blades is important when solving diverse tasks. So, two or three pieces are enough to chop the grass. To harvest hay, it is necessary that there are four to eight blades on the disc. To destroy small shoots of trees and shrubs, instead of blades, the disks should have a large number of small teeth.
Rules for replacing knives on the grass trimmer
If the trimmer disc is used regularly, it will need to be removed from time to time and sharpened or replaced with a new one. This part can be made of metal or plastic, have a different number of blades, but the replacement process remains the same. over, this procedure is similar for equipment from different manufacturers, be it Carver or Huter, but minor differences are possible. It is quite simple to change the knife on the trimmer, if you follow the safety precautions and know the correct procedure, the description of which can be found in the user manual. The entire replacement process step by step, as well as the method of self-sharpening knives, will be described in this material.
Lawn mower disc features
Knife discs are produced in plastic and metal, as well as in various shapes to perform diverse tasks.
- Two-, three- and four-bladed knives with pronounced blades are used for mowing grass and tree growth. However, they are not suitable for making hay, as they grind the shoots, chopping them several times.
- The massive four-blade discs are designed not only for clearing the ground from grass, but also for mowing hay. They prevent repeated cutting of the shoots, thus making them suitable for harvesting for the winter.
- Discs with cutting edges around the perimeter are relevant for beveling reeds and reeds. These knives are very heavy. a necessary quality to cut through thick stems.
- Professional saw blades for brush cutters and lawn mowers for cutting small trees and bushes.
Plastic knives are used as an alternative to metal discs. They do not need to be firmly fixed in the head, but they rotate as a result of the action of centrifugal force. The strength of plastic knives is high, so the service life is quite long.
Preparing and filling the fuel mixture into the Patriot PT 3355 trimmer
- The mixture for a two-stroke engine is prepared only from original Patriot oils and AI 92 high-octane gasoline.
- For cooking, use a special canister from the trimmer kit. Marking adapted for gasoline and oil of a specific model 3355.
- Gasoline is filled up to the gasoline liquid mark.
- It is filled with the appropriate Patriot brand of oil for two-stroke engine.
- With a few shakes, the mixture is brought to a homogeneous state.
- The mixture is prepared in a conventional gasoline canister with a gasoline / oil ratio of 32: 1.
- Mixing fuel directly in the trimmer tank is not recommended.
- It is recommended to prepare a portion of the mixture for one, maximum two dressings.
- Pour the mixture with the engine off, away from sources of open fire.
Table of contents:. Description of the model Patriot RT 3355
- A universal unit: the use of a fishing line allows you to work on mowing lawns and flower beds, changing to a cutting knife allows you to cut dead wood, weeds with a hard or elastic stem, prune shrubs.
- Comfortable control and operation. Use of innovative vibration protection in the design, selection of the optimal tool balance.
- Ergonomic handle and shoulder strap.
- Primer facilitates starting, relieves stress on the starter.
- Maintenance is affordable and convenient. If necessary, a quick repair and elimination of malfunctions in the ignition and in the filtration compartment is carried out.
- Engine power 1.8 HP Allows you to productively perform continuous work for 4-4.5 hours.
- Engine volume 033 l.
- Sharp knife with a diameter of 230 mm. Knife speed 8000 rpm.
- Strong, reliable 2.4mm line.
- Coverage 460 mm.
- Bicycle Stick.
- Net 6.6 kg.
- Gross 8.6 kg.
- Overall dimensions 95 x 36 x 23 cm.
The petrol trimmer Patriot PT 3355 is designed for trimming and mowing undersized grass on lawns, streets, around trees, along roadsides, on lawns and garden plots. The unit is successfully used both on flat and relief, uneven areas. The manufacturer has improved the model taking into account convenient transportation and easy use: the rod is split, quickly assembled and disassembled. Comfort of use is added by a wide shoulder strap with adjustable length. Fast start-up simplified by primer.
Stages of starting the trimmer petrol Patriot RT 3355
- The freshly prepared mixture is poured into the tank.
- Shifted up to the “cold” position, the choke lever.
- The ignition on the control knob is set to the “on” position.
- 5-7 clicks on the primer button are made to fill the carburetor with the mixture.
- The trimmer is placed on a stable surface at a safe distance from objects and people. Avoid touching the trimmer head or cutting blade with the ground.
- The throttle trigger on the control handle is pressed and locked in this position.
- Hold the trim tab with one hand and pull the starter handle with the other hand until it “engages”. At this moment, the handle jerks sharply before starting the engine.
- Set the choke lever to the middle position.
- The starter handle must be pulled several times before starting the engine.
- Warm up the engine for 5-10 seconds. Move the choke lever down. Pull the gas trigger to unlock.
- Smoothly pressing the gas trigger, the engine is brought to maximum speed. Start to work.
- Mow with a firm grip on the trimmer’s ergonomic handles.
- For a warm engine, perform the operations described above without pressing the primer. In this case, the air damper is put in the lower position.