Bosch Screwdriver How to Insert a Drill
Almost every house has a drill and a minimum set of drills. Hanging a picture, a bookshelf or making any such feat without a drill is difficult. Therefore, any self-respecting man at least once worked with a drill.
How to make an optimal set of drills?
The drill is designed to make holes in the layer of any material and increase, drill existing holes. In fact, it is a tool with a rotational cutting movement and an axial feed movement. It has many varieties and copes well with many tasks, not only in everyday life, but also on an industrial level. In order to make the optimal set of drills, you should not purchase the entire range. It is only necessary to determine what type of work is to be done.
The main choice is to choose the right drill, not only in size but also in purpose. Therefore, the material in which the hole is intended to be made matters. Namely:
- If you have to work with wood, then use special drills on wood. Here you can use spiral, flat and ring tools. Using a spiral drill, it will be possible to create a hole of 8–28 mm in diameter and a depth of 300–600 mm. This is the most common type of drill. To make a through hole up to 10 mm in diameter, a flat drill is used, and an annular one is used to drill wide recesses with neat edges.
- To make holes in soft materials that lend themselves to a knife blade (drywall, plastic, soft wood) use auger drills. With this tool you cannot drill existing holes.
- To drill metal, cast iron, cermets, you need a more durable option. Spiral drills, the head of which is made of high-speed or alloy steel, will help here, two helical grooves forming the cutting edges pass along their shaft.
- If a brick fell into your hand where you need to make a couple of holes, then special drills with tungsten or cobalt hard alloy soldering will come to the rescue, the so-called “win”. They can also be used when working with concrete.
- To work with granite, drill bits with a more reinforced head are used than for drilling concrete. These can be plates of medium and high hardness.
- You can make a hole in a tile or glass using a special tool. This drill with a diamond or a victorious head. It will take longer to work with a diamond-coated tool, but the likelihood of glass / tile splitting is lower. The drill bit cope with work faster, although it leaves a chance of errors in the form of a split material.
The appearance of the cutting tool can affect the final choice A quality drill has no dents, scratches, chips or other visible defects The cutting edges of the tool must be sharpened and evenly painted. The color of the core is of particular importance, it can be used to determine how the drill was processed:
- The gray-steel color indicates that hardening treatment was not carried out;
- Black color indicates that the tool was treated with superheated steam;
- Golden. Vacation takes place here to relieve the internal stress of the metal;
- A bright golden color indicates that a protective layer of titanium nitride is applied to the drill.
The degree of processing affects the strength, durability and cost of the drill. If you plan to use them often, then it is better to purchase better and more expensive drills. You should not buy them from little-known manufacturers who are not able to guarantee quality. Make your choice wisely. And the tools will last you a long time.