Can a Renovator Cut Metal
Until now, many Russians are not able to give an exhaustive answer to the question of what is a renovator. Today we will try to break this sad trend and try to give a detailed description of this multifunctional tool. Is it necessary in everyday life or is its use reduced to application in rare highly specialized situations? What functionality does it have and how does it differ from similar devices? We will try to answer these and many other questions in this material, so that henceforth you and your loved ones know, the renovator. What is it and what is it for?
The power tool renovator uses the principle of oscillation, that is, oscillation, in its work. Simply put, we have at our disposal an impressive cutter that pumps the nozzles mounted on it with the highest speed and low amplitude. The cutting edges are washed out and tremble under the influence of high-frequency oscillations, turning this device into a universal tool with many functions. Let’s try to list most of them in the next section.
What is such a device capable of?
Indeed, the principle of work, in general. It is simple and clear, but it’s not immediately clear for what purpose a similar IFI is used. In fact, it’s easier and faster to say what you can’t do with the help of a tool that is so necessary and useful in the household, but we’ll still name the basic types of work carried out using the renovator:
- With the help of multitool, you can steal cable channels;
- Its power is enough to easily cut sewer pipes or wall fittings;
- The renovator shows itself perfectly in general construction works. With its help you can remove the influx of glue, mounting foam or plaster in a matter of minutes, as well as remove the paint layer;
- Peeling linoleum or another coating from the floor is one of the easiest tasks for MFIs;
- Flush nails or screws;
- The grooves installed in a tree or drywall from the end usually become a nightmare for those who try to remove them without suitable improvised means, but the renovator does this almost instantly;
- Cutting sheet materials and gaskets;
- Quickly cuts excess skirting boards or cornices, door frames;
- You can cut the tile and embroider seams on it, if it is already laid;
- The renovator is perfect for grinding hard-to-reach surfaces;
- Last but not least, using a renovator is the most convenient way to sharpen tools.
You can do this and much more easily with the help of a renovator. As the reader has already understood, who knows firsthand the construction work, such a tool is ideally suited for performing the most complex operations at the stage of final decoration or redecorating. In everyday life, the presence of multitool allows you to completely abandon almost all other power tools, the renovator will take on their tasks.
We also advise you to read an article on how to choose a renovator for your home and be satisfied with your purchase.
Can a Renovator Cut Metal
Types and features of such devices
Like any other power tool, the renovator can be powered by mains or battery. It is clear that the lack of always interfering cords is a definite plus, but the presence of a battery adds weight to the device, and the multitool to a large extent has earned its popularity precisely due to its lightweight construction and modest dimensions. The power of devices equipped with batteries, as a rule, is also lower, but this practically does not affect the performance. If network-powered renovators have power ratings ranging from 170 to 600 watts, then battery-powered low-power MFIs can also be found up to 100 watts. Such a device, of course, is unlikely to be able to cut metal efficiently and productively, low-power multitools are used to cut soft and not too viscous materials, and for any household needs, more than 250 watts will be enough.Such tools often perform many different types of work in a short period of time, which means that the switching speed from one mode to another, which depends on the type of mount, is important. They are quick-clamping and key, the first, as their name implies, are more productive in this regard. The nozzle in them is fixed instantly. On key mounts, you have to tighten the nozzle with a hex bolt, which does not require much time, but still the process is slower. By the way, do not forget to ask the seller whether it is possible to use nozzles from other manufacturers with the renovator you like. Such an opportunity will most likely save you a lot of time and money.
Consumables and accessories
Buying a renovator, you are sure to get a case for tools and equipment in the kit. Many necessary elements, however, are sold separately, for example: systems for connecting to a vacuum cleaner, depth gauges, protective pads, various adapters, and much more. By the way, you can often install an additional handle on the multitool, making it more like a drill.Battery models are often sold without a battery, which means that the final price of the device will be higher. In addition, you need to select the battery carefully. It must match the voltage.
As for the consumables, in the quality of them in the renovator are used nozzles for polishing, knives and files for a variety of tasks. Each process has its own nozzle shape, namely:
- Triangular plates are used for sanding or polishing sheets with Velcro. In general, triangular carbide soles and tongues are used for grinding and polishing;
- For sawing metal or shredding concrete, semicircular or triangular nozzles with diamond or carbide chips are suitable;
- Submerged sheets with a width of 10 to 70 mm with teeth for processing metal and wood;
- Scrapers or scrapers for scraping glued linoleum or “liquid nails”, polyurethane foam and similar substances;
- Double-edged knives for shredding walls or cutting soft materials like carpet and polystyrene;
- And a great many others.
Advantages over other power tools
The renovator has one significant drawback that you need to keep in mind when buying such a device. Such devices are not originally intended for continuous continuous operation. If you know what you’re going to, then MFIs simply cannot find any other weaknesses.In case you want to get a cut with the most even polished edges, then better than a multitool not a single device can handle it. Another indisputable plus is the minimum amount of dust produced during operation, and with a vacuum cleaner connected to the device, you can even carry out small repairs in volume without preliminary preparation of the room.
Another serious advantage for those who often inadvertently get minor injuries when interacting with power tools. It’s almost impossible for the renovator to cause physical damage, and the material being processed does not scatter throughout the house in the form of dangerous fragments, because renovators were previously extremely popular in medicine. With their help they removed gypsum.
There are many tools, the need for which you begin to understand only after you try to work with them. The renovator belongs to this type, almost any of its functions can be replaced by another device or even manual labor, but this will require much more time and effort. If you know the price of your time and nerves, then we recommend that you read on our website with material on how to choose a renovator, as well as a rating of the best devices of 2018.