Can I store my tools on the balcony?
The availability of semi-professional and professional tools, the habit of our man to do everything himself and, frankly, the need to make repairs even in new houses lead to the fact that almost every family has one or another number of tools. Helping to make minor repairs, sometimes. to make money, hand and power tools need care, prevention and a place to store. To store tools, the head of the family can expropriate the pantry, the balcony, the closets in the hallway, the space under the beds, or a couple of shelves in the kitchen. Happy are the owners of apartments with large storage areas. the smell of oil, plastic and metal is not diffused throughout the apartment. Happy owners of garages. all the tools can be stored there, not worrying about the inconvenience of home drills, rebounders and electric choppers that take up so much space.
But owners of garages can also have problems. with rare exceptions, the microclimate of the garage is not useful for tools, and after a couple of seasons in cold winter, wet autumn and spring and hot. summer garage even a professional drill can be in disrepair, rust will be covered with seemingly durable and corrosion-resistant chisels.
In short, the garage is not the ideal place to store tools.
But maybe the right answer to the question “how to store tools” is known to those who keep them at home?
The realities of tool storage at home
It seems that to decide how to store tools at home is not difficult: a place can be found in the pantry, or on the balcony, or in any of those built-in closets that are installed in the hallways. But. If the pantry is more or less suitable for tools, neither the balcony nor the closet in the living room or kitchen are suitable.
The balcony essentially replicates the volatile conditions of an unheated garage. drastic fluctuations in temperature and humidity levels, and sunlight are negative factors that reduce the life of even rugged professional tools. UV light makes plastic body of the same drill first change color, and then crumble, atmospheric moisture quickly copes with the anti-corrosive coating of metal parts, temperature changes only aggravate the effect of sunlight and moisture. If there is a special closet for tools on the balcony, they will live a little longer. But a large cabinet means a reduction in the amount of light entering the room through the balcony window, which can safely be called an inconvenience.
Keeping tools in the pantry seems ideal at first glance. But not all apartments have them, and there is not enough space to simultaneously place tools and supplies for the winter.
And it is not an option to put the tool in the living room or hall closet, because the smell, the inability to quickly find what you need, the friction of the working parts against each other and their guaranteed bluntness or failure will nullify all the benefits of having the tool “always on hand”, always ready for home work.
Preparing a gasoline lawn mower for winter storage and preservation
Such a tool as a lawn mower can be called a well-deserved “hard worker. If the grass on the site comes up, or it is necessary to clear the neglected territory from weeds, a gasoline mower should not be let out of hands. In winter send the lawnmower to a well-deserved rest in the shed or in a cottage until the next season. We offer you a set of simple recommendations, following which you can easily start the lawnmower for the next year, but the tool itself will safely overwinter in an unheated room.
- Remove the trimmer line from the trimmer head or unscrew the cutting blade. Clean grass, sand and dirt from the tool.
- Unscrew the lid and pour the rest of the gasoline from the tank into a suitable container.
- Start the mower and let it work until it exhausts the remaining fuel mixture, which are in the fuel line and carburetor.
- After the mower stops, remove the candle holder and unscrew the spark plug.
- Take a disposable syringe and squirt 5 ml of the oil you use for the two-stroke gasoline mixture into the combustion chamber.
- Turn the piston, to do this, gently pull the handle of the starter cord several times. This will distribute oil evenly on the cylinder.
- Wrap the spark plug and put on the candlestick.
It is not recommended to store a gasoline mower with the spark plug unscrewed, t.к. Dirt or small objects can enter the combustion chamber through the hole in the cylinder head.
- Check the air and fuel filters. If they are dirty, rinse and dry the air filter well and replace the fuel filter.
- Store the mower suspended, for example, on the wall of a barn or shed.
Tips for canning your lawn mower engine are also good for getting your chainsaw ready for storage.
Do you preserve your lawnmower for the winter or leave it as it is?? Tell!
Why store shoes on the balcony is not recommended?
In general, many manufacturers and experts unanimously note that balconies in our country are very poorly suited for the storage of shoes, regardless of its type. This is due to the fact that many loggias and balconies are not insulated, so often the temperature can drop below zero degrees, which will lead to complete cooling and damage.
It is possible to freeze all the moisture that has penetrated into the micro pores and cracks, as a result of which even the boots and sneakers will be destroyed from the inside.
If the balcony is on the sunny side, in winter the shoes will be subjected to severe temperature fluctuations, which should also try to avoid. This is due to the fact that during the day the air on the balcony will be quite strongly heated, and at night, on the contrary, will fall to a minimum, resulting in high humidity, which leads to the destruction of the structure of shoes.
At the same time, if the balcony overlooks the shady side, it will mean that in winter in this uninhabited room will be stably damp, and the level of humidity in this case can even reach 90%. In such conditions the storage of any footwear is excluded, regardless of whether the rules are followed or not.
Store shoes on the balcony is possible, but it should be done only if the room is insulated, is a living space, or even attached to the room.
In such conditions storage will be definitely recommended, because in such premises the most acceptable conditions are observed: temperature from 15 to 25 degrees, average humidity level, absence of sudden temperature fluctuations, absence of ultra-violet radiation.
At the same time it is important not to store boxes near heaters. Because of the constant exposure to heat any shoes, regardless of the materials of manufacture, will begin to lose their shape (and often melt if the material is exposed to high temperatures).
Storing power tools for the country house in winter
For storing any gardening equipment in winter time you need a dry room temperature with a minimum level of humidity. And if we talk about tools that run on liquid fuel, then for them the sharp temperature fluctuations and excessive humidity are particularly devastating. Therefore, for the winter period, when the machines are hardly used, it is necessary to provide suitable storage conditions.
How to Store a Gasoline-Powered Saw in Winter
Every chainsaw owner should first of all study the requirements of the manufacturer, where recommendations are given for winter storage of the equipment. It also indicates the temperature limits of the chainsaw depending on whether or not it is equipped with an air heater or heat tracing system.
A number of steps will need to be taken before sending the equipment out for the winter:
- remove all fuel and oil. drain and let it run empty for a while for the final release of all fluid;
- Remove, rinse and reinstall the fuel and oil tank nozzle filters;
- Remove and thoroughly clean the saw chain and guide bar (then coat them with protective lubricant), the brake cover and the air filter;
- remove the spark plug, pour engine oil (5-7 ml) into the hole, turn the crankshaft a few revolutions, put the spark plug back in place and do not tighten the terminal too much or put it on.
Each winter month, it is recommended to renew the lubricant in the cylinder by removing the plug and making several turns of the engine.
If the lawn mower is to be used in winter, there is no need to dismantle it. Check fuel temperature, lubricant viscosity and chain tension before use. The tool is easier to operate with a hot-air carburetor heater, which reduces the risk of the air filter freezing. At the end of work leave the equipment for a while outside to cool down, so as not to provoke a sharp temperature drop and the formation of condensation.
How to prepare your lawnmower for the winter
First of all remove the remains of grass from the mower. from the housing, the cooling ribs, the exhaust area. Clean tool with warm water and brush, and a garden hose.
For machines with electric start, winterizing should be preceded by a full charge of the battery and a thorough inspection of the insulation, all wires and contacts.
Rules for preparing your lawnmower for winter:
- Drain the residual fuel from the tank and run the machine at idle, otherwise at low temperatures over a long period of time the fuel will stop igniting;
- check the amount of oil which must comply with the requirements of the model in question;
- air filter and fuel pre-filter also need to be checked, cleaned and replaced if necessary;
- 1 hr. of oil should be poured into the combustion chamber. л. of oil after removing the spark plug, and to distribute the oil over the chamber, pull the starter handle several times and pull the cord.
the grass trimmer is an electric or brush cutter for mowing grass. Depending on how the tool works, the rules for preparing for storage are also different. It is recommended to leave the tool upright for the winter, hanging it on a special bracket.
Rules for preparing an electric grass trimmer for wintering:
- check the integrity of each wire and contact;
- lubricate the gearbox and the places of contact of metal elements;
- disassemble the boom;
- Charge and remove the battery.
Rules of preparation for winterization of gasoline grass trimmer:
- drain the gasoline and oil from the engine and carburetor, then let the tool idle for a short time
- Check for defects and wash the brushcutter body and engine parts;
- clean the air filter;
- Check the spark plug and remove any carbon deposits;
- lubricate the cylinder-piston group and repeat the procedure every winter month.
Cultivator and single axle tractor
The complexity of the machinery with many elements and mechanisms requires a more thorough approach of preparation for the winter period. To begin, the entire housing, external parts and hard-to-reach areas of the machine are thoroughly cleaned and rinsed of dirt and oil stains.
- Check and replace the oil in the gearbox and engine;
- Remove the plugs, pour some oil into the cylinder and crank the engine several times with the starter motor;
- Clean and rinse the air filters in warm water (with foam filters);
- With the fuel tank open, gently pull the trigger;
- If a battery is present, remove it and store it separately from the tool, charging it to 100% if necessary;
- wipe down the parts with a cloth and machine oil to prevent rust.
suitable places for wintering tools would be a warm dry pantry, a glassed-in loggia or balcony, a cupboard in a heated room or a ventilated garage. If the storage area is very humid, cover the tools with various dehumidifiers to prevent them from icing up. Do not use polyethylene film for storage, which promotes the accumulation of condensation. Suitable for storage of the factory packaging, especially if the retained foam. Packaging can be replaced by a box made of plywood or wood, or a dense fabric that lets air through.
Where and how to properly store gardening equipment and tools in winter. Garden, garden, balcony. MirTesen media platform
Winter storage, or the preservation of garden equipment and tools, is one of the pressing issues of the off-season. As a rule, the tool is first cleaned and then determined in the house, shed or garage. Whether it’s the right thing to do? After all, competent winter storage is a guarantee of durability of your tools. There is a different algorithm for each type of preparation for “wintering”. And the more complex the technique, the more complicated the algorithm. We will talk about the proper storage of garden “helpers”. Let’s try to understand what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.
10 general rules for preparing for winter preservation
As mentioned above, the preparation process and storage conditions depend on the complexity of the instrument. You can not argue with the fact that a shovel (even the most expensive, convenient and favorite) is easier to clean and put away for the winter, than a petrol or electric saw and other equipment. Cleaning garden tools from dirt. Photo from lifehacker website.co.At the same time, there are also a few general rules for preparing for preservation:
- All tools need to be cleaned of dirt, mud, grass and other things, washed and well dried. The key point at this stage is to “dry”, because sometimes there is not enough patience for this. Moisture left in cracks and joints in parts, if left in a non-heated room (such as a barn), in the cold will turn into ice, which can seriously harm the equipment. Not to mention the technique. To avoid this leave the tools in the sun for a couple of hours or keep them in a warm room until they are completely dry. Important: in order not to puzzle over how and with what it is better to wash hoes, pitchforks, shovels, shovels and rakes, remember the universal method. The tools are poured with water up to the stalk for 30 minutes. If desired, rinsed with a sponge or washcloth. If the dirt just “does not give up” then it is worth adding laundry soap, dishwashing detergent or other not too aggressive household chemicals to the water.
- All tools and equipment should be inspected for wear or damage to parts. Determine for yourself what needs to be replaced first and what you need to take note of. Winter is a great time to repair tools!
- Grease all accessories which require lubrication. Cutting edges, for example, so that they do not rust.
- Owners of plastic tools should carefully study the instructions, paying special attention to the temperature criteria. Not all plastic is frost-resistant!
- Sharpen sharp tools (garden shears, pruning shears, etc.).e) or tools with teeth (saws, hacksaws, etc.).) are best stored in their cases, having sharpened them beforehand. If there are no special covers, you can use what you have. The easiest option. thick cardboard or plastic boxes, an old irrigation hose, cut lengthwise (on the principle of a skate cover) and put on the sharp teeth. Some craftsmen even make covers out of the sleeves of old jackets. This way is good for a saw.
- Wooden cuttings and handles of tools are also cleaned, thoroughly washed and even more thoroughly dried. You can cover them with a fresh coat of varnish (not forgetting, of course, to peel off the old one).
- It is very important to store tools vertically or on special wall hooks. This way they won’t get wet from the floor unnecessarily.
- In the interest of fire safety, gasoline must be drained from the equipment.
- Do not drain the oil from the garden equipment, it must be replaced with winter oil of different viscosity (if there is a probability that the equipment will be started occasionally in winter) or with a special mixture for conservation (if the equipment will not be used).
- The place to store equipment and tools should be dry, well ventilated, fire safe and with a reliable lock.
Where to store the equipment and tools
When the tools are in order and prepared for long-term storage, they need to be arranged and placed in their places. The question arises where best to equip these places.
Option 1. In the barn
Probably the first thing that comes to mind is a barn or a lean-to. Every dacha owner has such a small utility room. The main thing is that it should be dry and with good ventilation.
- Large objects (usually it is gardening equipment) are placed on the floor, better at the entrance. in case something is urgently needed in winter (for example, a gasoline generator).
- Small equipment, as noted above, is stored suspended on hooks or in containers (can be in buckets), attached to the wall. The order depends on how often you use it. A hoe may not be needed in the winter, but a shovel is. Even if there is a special shovel for snow removal, an extra one can always come in handy.
Perhaps the very first thing that comes to mind is a barn or a hostel
Important: fertilizers, poisons, disinfectants and other chemicals, of course, do not belong to the inventory, but very often remain after the end of the gardening season. To leave them in the winter or not, will answer the instructions, which clearly indicate the temperature limits. If you decide to store them until next season, the container must be absolutely airtight. All containers should be signed and neatly arranged on racks.
Option 2. In the garage
If for some reason there is no shed at the cottage and is not expected, but there is a garage, it is quite suitable for storing tools. It is not necessary to take away space from the car and its accessories. It is enough to equip a “garden corner” in the garage. Recommendations on the layout can be found on the Internet, you can talk to friends and neighbors, and you can distribute the space yourself.The storage corner in the garage. Photo from the site ecx.images-amazon.
Inventory stored in the garage should not harm the car. Therefore, do not place it close to the parking lot of an iron horse (minimum distance. 1 meter). You should not hang them too high or too close either. Imagine for a second your favorite car and a pitchfork or a rake flying at it Not a pleasant picture! Anything can happen, sometimes even the most secure fasteners and hooks fall off, so it is better to be reinsured.
Yesterday, in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев to a post about organizing bathroom storage, I was deservedly accused of bypassing the topic of storing car tires and tools. All cosmetics, jewelry, towels, hair dryers, chemicals and toilet paper.
And quite rightly so. In the 6 years of our community, we have only had one post about storage in the garage. Correction.
What most women think? At best one shelf under the ceiling in the most inconspicuous place is enough for the tools, at worst, that one small box, gifted for February 23 is enough for them. And when planning closets, think only of handbags, shoes and clothes.
But we know that this is not so. See how beautiful cabinets can be!
And the same nightstand under the sink could hold wrenches, hammers and pliers in plastic containers!
You gave in to persuasion, shrunk the plumbing closet box and left the micro-door? For nothing! See how much space you could have for storing the essentials:
In some cases, you can still fix something (the main thing is to dot all the i’s at once. This closet is not for storing soap and toilet paper):
The second place, which sometimes manages to win (if it had not previously occupied the winter garden or a cabinet for storing jams and pickles). balcony:
If you’re lucky, you’ll have room to put away the essentials:
Although we all know there would be much more space in the hallway and more comfortable to work in:
And what beautiful cabinets can be hung in the hallway instead of key boxes!
The main thing is not to forget. If you rarely use it, it’s better to keep it closed. Dusty screwdrivers don’t look brutal.
A similar hanging cabinet can become a decoration of the office:
Don’t forget to take advantage of the advances and advancements for storing things in the kitchen. For example, magnetic strips are very convenient for storing metal objects.
In the Комментарии и мнения владельцев reminded about the magnetic plates, so that little things do not get lost while working:
And shelves strictly calculated by the width of what needs to be stored. And hanging tool holders. And jars with a fixed lid.
The range of toolboxes is also not limited to Chinese plastic. I recommend to pay attention to wooden (ok, made of plywood) portable organizers.
Inexpensive solution, but if you want such a shelf is easy to make from a piece of wood, drilling the required number of holes for your tool kit.Usually such shelves serve as a decoration of the balcony and garage.Do not choose too beautiful shelf, otherwise it can easily be used for storing art brushes or toothbrushes.
A versatile solution for all-around everything, as appreciated by craftsmen around the world.We’ve unfortunately only paid attention to them so far for kitchen storage and needlework storage. And after all, they look great with a tool:
Don’t forget to make doors where dust can accumulate. You can’t always justify it with your love of sanding and working with dry mixes.
For tool storage, you can use the same ideas that have often been mentioned for creating a workroom at home. Shelves, pull-out shelves, storage space above and below the countertop:
Freestanding mobile workshops
Note, these designs are even more interesting than serving tables and much more functional than any kitchen island (my point is to get your priorities right):
Information about this community
- Placement price 50 tokens
- Social Capital 5 834
- Number of readers
- Duration 10 hours
- The minimum rate of 50 tokens
on YouTube, on YANDEX.ZEN and on 1. Our Community Main Page http://home-and-gardencom/ If you want to find it quickly, just type home in the address bar in Cyrillic.blog. Community on Community on not
On the case I can tell you about storing tires. We have no garage, and the tires must be stored strictly upright, so the usual pile of wheels on the balcony, alas, did not have the right to exist. We bought a narrow rack in Ikea where we put the tires, one on each shelf. To keep the tire from falling on my head from the top shelf, my husband nailed a cross board to the crossbars. Shelving stands on the balcony, everything is neat, and no need to rent storage.
Quite the contrary. The tires are stored horizontally on a special rack
When standing upright, the wheel inevitably deforms
Reality is always more complicated and usually requires several boxes. For example, we have a workshop in the basement, but for every sneeze there is not run. So in the closet is a small plastic toolbox with the most common tools: a pair of screwdrivers, a hammer, a gas wrench, a set of hexes, some wrenches (10, 11, 13 and a small adjustable), a little bit of dowels and screws, cable ties, electrical tape and all kinds of small consumables.
Agreed. We have almost all of our tools in the garage (it’s warm), and some have moved into the darkroom, which I had planned to “vacuum and mop”. My husband does not have a workshop. You need tools so you don’t have to call an electrician or plumber every time (they’re not fast at our place) and a shelf to nail down yourself.
Was sure there were several different ones done, but other than the closet, nothing is on the tags.
To you in what volume to store? I’ll do a post next week.
The idea with magnetic strips. super, need to make myself in the workshop. Among other things, there can be temporarily attached to the iron screws, screws and nuts during work, so that they are not lost.
And here’s an idea with drawers in a cabinet made of wood (or particle board), with poured there screws and other iron stuff. I’m afraid it will disappoint in real life. If you only keep a few of each denomination, nothing. And if it’s bigger. It’s just that little screws and bolts look harmless. You pour a gallon jar of small nails sometime, and try lifting 🙂 Of course, it’s not a weight for weightlifters. but the drawers might pull out. and break all the rails out of the walls and fall down. It’s good if it’s not on the foot. And not with kids and cats swinging underfoot.
Same obstacle. To place the screws-nail-screws on a cabinet door that opens. If there aren’t many of them, nothing. Otherwise, the hinges of the door can not stand and sag, or even break out of the mounting sites.
For the same reason I would be very cautious about the idea. where can lids are glued to the bottom of the shelves, and cans are screwed into them from below. Or it will be small cans on a dozen screws. Also, glass jars are all too easy to accidentally break and get a bunch of dangerous splinters. And plastic cans are deformed by the weight and can pop out of the lid threads.
The best solution for iron. Sturdy iron shelving and nightstands. Or a good wooden cabinet with thick walls and reinforced shelves. And attached to the wall, not just standing against the wall.
How to choose a place to store laminate flooring
Consider what necessary parameters the room should have for the entire period of storage:
- Stacking boxes is made on the largest area, that is, lying down. It is strictly forbidden to put packages on the side, as in this case, there is a high probability of damage to the locks and the impossibility of subsequent stacking.
- It is necessary to leave a distance from the walls and the ceiling of not less than 1 meter. Max. storage height of 5.5 meters. A higher pile will exert a higher pressure on the underlying boards.
- Any possibility of water and mechanical impact must be excluded, so it is not recommended to place the packages near radiators and unstable structures.
Places that are suitable for storage:
- storage room;
- glazed balcony;
- storage room;
- Garage or cottage in the warm season when there is no possibility of moisture.
- Unglazed balcony;
- Garage or summer house in the cold season.
Unpacked laminate flooring remnants should be packed tightly in a box, additionally wrapped in polyethylene film. stored in a warm, dry, horizontal position.
Laminate storage life
The maximum time that the laminate flooring can be kept depends on two factors:
The higher the class, the longer the service life the manufacturer guarantees, but the price will be higher. If the conditions are met, the storage time is close to the service life, which on average is 10-15 years.
Choosing a carpet pad for underfloor heating
Laminate for underfloor heating, as you know, must be marked accordingly. The same applies to the carpet pad.
When choosing laminate flooring for underfloor heating, it is additionally necessary to decide which subfloor is best suited for this purpose.
Carpet pad designed for underfloor heating, has a special marking. The corresponding symbol is shown on the package. Next to the marking. the allowable temperature. There you can also find an indication of the possible coefficient of thermal resistance.
Cork carpet pad
When choosing which substrate under the laminate for a warm floor, you have to consider such characteristics as noise insulation, thermal insulation, shock absorption.
Important! Carpet pad for underfloor heating should be no thicker than 3 mm to smooth out minor irregularities, but at the same time do not insulate the heating element.
For a warm floor, it is better to choose from cork, polystyrene foam or polyethylene foam.
Laying laminate on the concrete screed
All of these substrates are inexpensive and low thermal conductivity, so they are best suited for insulation. But if you choose which substrate under the laminate is warmer, then unambiguously the best choice is cork. This substrate is the most environmentally friendly, it does not succumb to rot, it does not appear parasites.
Cork backing should be more dense. The optimal thickness. 2-10 mm, but the thicker the material, the better. It is necessary to lay a cork underlayment on good polyethylene.
Proper winter storage of appliances on the balcony
Today we have prepared an article on the topic: “Proper storage of appliances in winter on the balcony,” and Anatoly Belyakov will tell you the nuances and comment on the main mistakes.
Balcony in a modern apartment. a room that at the request of the owner turns into a private office, a winter garden, continuation of the kitchen or dining room.
Answering the question whether you can store a TV on the balcony in winter, it is worth remembering that in some cases the balcony makes a functional and very attractive thanks to the beautiful design room for storing a variety of things. It is convenient to place things, shoes, appliances, tools. For each item there is a place and will be created appropriate conditions for storage.
Certain conditions must also be created for household appliances. True, even a non-glazed balcony can become a place for storing some things in the winter period. Most of the technical devices used in the home are not needed constantly, but only from time to time. This also applies to a vacuum cleaner, which is taken out only for cleaning, after its completion put it away again. If no storage room is provided for such devices in the apartment, they belong on the balcony.
Just put a vacuum cleaner in the corner is not aesthetically pleasing, so most owners of such apartments built tables or cabinets, which set the necessary periodically needed equipment. Low temperatures do not have a significant negative impact on the device.
Before putting a vacuum cleaner on the balcony, it is necessary to carefully study the instructions. It says at what temperatures this model can be stored and how to use the appliance after it has come into warmth from frost. When storing the vacuum cleaner on the balcony, where there is no insulation and no double-glazed windows, do not plug it in immediately after bringing the unit from the frost into a warm room.
The condensation that forms will cause it to malfunction.
A vacuum cleaner or television, a fan or appliances used in the kitchen can be stored in the compartment cabinets assembled on the balcony. Such a cabinet will become a protection against snow and rain (if the balcony is open), will give an opportunity to use space rationally, and will add originality to the design of the room.
Another way to store the vacuum cleaner is to keep it in its original packaging, which must be kept intact. Such packaging can also protect the vacuum cleaner from the negative effects of various factors and mechanical damage.
Long before the cold weather arrives, owners of apartments with balconies are thinking about what they can leave here until spring. By creating a certain system, you can organize the storage of not only clothes, shoes or glass containers and supplies. For example, in order to store laminate flooring on the loggia or balcony is possible in the case if it is insulated room and the humidity level here does not exceed the permissible limits.
Quite often you have to store books on the balcony which are very delicate and need extra care. An indispensable condition for their storage is the absence of humidity and draughts, but at the same time the loggia should be regularly aired, and the air temperature here should not exceed the room temperature or be much lower than this level. About what you can store on your balcony, see this
Any devices can overwinter on the loggia or balcony, the main thing is to create the right conditions and prepare the place for their storage so as to provide access to the necessary things and to save free space. Of course, glazing is the best way to get rid of problems. On an insulated balcony all items are reliably protected from frost, precipitation and changes in ambient temperature.
Balcony in a modern apartment. a room that, at the request of the owner turns into a private office, a winter garden, an extension of the kitchen or dining room.
Answering the question if it is allowed to store a TV set in winter on the balcony, it is worth recalling that in some cases the balcony becomes a functional and very attractive due to its beautiful design room for storing a variety of things. Here are conveniently located things, shoes, household appliances, tools. There is space and storage for every item.
Where it is categorically not recommended to keep a vacuum cleaner
Asking the question, whether you can store a vacuum cleaner on the balcony, not everyone thinks about other, really detrimental to the technique of rooms. Electrical appliances should not be stored:
- in the bathroom. Constant humidity, steam and condensation. a destructive environment for the unit;
- in the basement. The device can ruin damp and mold.
When buying a vacuum cleaner, take care in advance about where to store it. this will help in the choice of design. Perhaps for your apartment is the only suitable robot, this device fits in the nightstand. Popular vacuum cleaner designs are also (in order of size):
- Vertical “mops” with or without a wire also do not require much space, but on a par with robots provide maintenance of cleanliness, but not a general cleaning;
- Classic bagless models. Compact and lightweight, can fit in a separate pouffe or drawer;
- devices with aquafilter or cyclone motors. Larger vacuum cleaners with more powerful features. Suitable for cleaning all types of surfaces;
- cleaning vacuum cleaners. They are the smallest of all models, capable of wet and dry vacuuming for the whole house, washing windows, tiled walls. Not used by hostesses more than 3-4 times a year, the rest of the time they can be cleaned for long periods of time.
Choosing the most appropriate vacuum cleaner for your home helps to accurately calculate the space you are willing to allocate for its storage. We recommend to consider possible nuances in advance. Ideally, the technique should stand in the following conditions:
- At a comfortable temperature;
- in a dry room;
- in a separate niche or cabinet;
- With a straightened hose;
- complete with accessories and extra parts.
In this case, the unit for cleaning will always be in the access area, not to interfere with the inhabitants of the apartment or house, not to provoke injury (standing in the hallway vacuum cleaner is easy to trip and fall, especially in the dark).
And be sure to specify the actual duration of the device at different temperatures in the instructions from the manufacturer. Stored properly. without overheating, overcooling, or water condensation. appliances will last much longer than the warranty period.
Buying a new vacuum cleaner in the store, we first of all estimate its technical parameters, but we also care about the appearance of the product, its compactness or interesting design. At the same time, buying this type of equipment, few people think about where and how to keep it in the future. Sooner or later the inevitable question arises: Where to stick the vacuum cleaner and whether it can be stored on the balcony in winter?
In storage, you should periodically check the condition of winter shoes, as well as remember a few rules that will help keep them in good condition:
- 1Winter shoes must be thoroughly cleaned of dust and dirt from the outside and inside.
- 2The insoles are washed and dried separately from the shoes, and ideally the insoles are changed annually.
- 3Thou shall not dry your shoes near heat sources, as they may deform.
- 4Properly apply shoe polish, shoe oil or emulsion in several layers, letting the previous ones dry and soak in.
- 5To clean nubuck or suede boots, use only specific products.
- 6Shoes need to be disinfected before packing and storage to remove unpleasant odors, fungus and bacteria.
- 7Do not store shoes on the balcony, where frequent temperature fluctuations, as well as in places with high humidity.
- 8Plastic boxes or bags are not suitable for storage in the summer, they can form condensation, which provokes the appearance of fungus and unpleasant odor.
- 9It is best to place the boxes in cabinets, where there is no light and constant air temperature.
- 10In boxes you can put a special agent. silicate gel, which will absorb moisture if it appears. If silica gel is not available, ordinary salt in a baggie will do, it also absorbs moisture and prevents mold formation.
- 11For winter shoes with fur trim, you need to buy a moth repellent, put it in the box.
- 12In order to make the boots dry faster after washing, you can put newspapers inside them to absorb the excess moisture. The cuffs of tall boots should be turned out.
- 13Cream must be matched to the color of the products, and colorless is not desirable, because of it the skin can lose its shine.
For expensive and beloved winter shoes to last a long time, and their appearance does not spoil during storage, it is important to properly care for them. During storage, you should periodically check the condition of the shoes and, if necessary, treat with cream to prevent the leather from drying out and deforming. On the balcony shoes can be stored only if it is heated. Proper preparation and storage of winter boots will help to significantly extend the life of the shoes, and they will last more than one season.
Are made mostly of wood and plastic, so when choosing should take into account the peculiarities of the material. Very convenient for placing numerous small items. They are successfully installed under a window sill or overhead shelving unit. You can place the shoes in the furniture. there is never enough space for them. Tabletop is ideal for decorative flowerpots or a decorative corner arrangement with your favorite accessories.
Upholstered furniture with niches
Can only be installed in a warm heated room. If you want to use it all year round in the usual glazed space with high humidity, then you should pay attention to adapted models for placement in a narrow space in a small area, which can withstand temperature changes, do not give a reason for mold formation, equipped with sliding doors, have special compartments for installation of oversized or high items.
Seasonal storage on a small balcony
Even a small space with the right approach can significantly relieve the bowels of the apartment, and this opportunity should be used rationally. The peculiarity is that it’s not worth installing capital structures, you’ll have to dismantle them anyway. But you can’t lump everything together either. It remains only to consider and take note of a few of the most interesting options.
If there is no garage or the possibility to rent a cell in a specialized warehouse, then the only option is storage on an open balcony, ideas with their own hands can be drawn from various sources. But there is a huge disadvantage of such a solution. it is very difficult to create suitable conditions for preserving the quality of rubber. The maximum that can be done. protect from wind and direct sunlight. They are stowed clean and packed in a designated area. For this purpose a niche or a shelf with closed sides is suitable.
If the model is not folding, it will give a lot of trouble. The easiest way is to roll it out and put it by the wall, but then you would have to keep tripping over this rather large object. Another solution is to hang them from the ceiling or place them on wall brackets.
Rules of storage of preservation
Fresh vegetables need a heat level of at least 1-3 ° C with moderate humidity. It is desirable to avoid sunlight, but ensure a sufficient level of ventilation. Jars with stocks for the winter look more attractive on open shelves or in a separate cupboard. It is not recommended to allow low temperatures The jam endures such experiments firmly, but the pickles can be deprived of.