Chainsaw Chokes When Pressing The Gas Causes
Saw stops working at increased speed
Localization of problem areas:
Filters are often clogged, especially when the chainsaw is used almost daily. The air filter can be detached and washed under a stream of warm water. Before refitting. dry thoroughly.
If fluid does not flow from the carburetor after disconnecting the fuel hose, then it is clogged. It can be cleaned or replaced with a new one.
If the tool is used frequently, the petrol pump may not work properly. After all, every part has an expiration date. It should be replaced or contact a service center.
How to restore functionality
Therefore, the procedure depends on when the saw stalls:
- Immediately after starting. too much oil in the fuel mixture. In this case, the octane number of gasoline decreases, and the saw only works on suction.
- When leaning, there is little fuel in the tank. The easiest way to solve this problem is to add gasoline.
- It starts up with difficulty and immediately stalls. the candle is covered with carbon deposits or flooded. The part must be turned out and washed. If the resin has already hardened, heat the candle with a lighter and then clean it. Just be careful not to damage the contacts. Then rinse the candle in gasoline and dry. At this time, dry the cylinder: pull the starter rope several times. Put the candle back in place.
- At idle, the muffler is clogged. Remove it from the tool, rinse it with a fat-dissolving agent or gasoline, dry it and reinstall it. The saw stalls at idle speed also when the gap between the plug and the wire increases. Adjusting it will help solve the problem.
Each of the described reasons manifests itself at a certain stage of the instrument’s operation.
- Immediately after starting work, the carburetor settings were lost. It can be adjusted at idle speed with bolts L and H.
- At maximum speed, the fuel filter or breather is clogged. The filter needs to be replaced. Clean the breather with a fine needle.
- Air filter clogged under load. It needs to be taken out, blown out to remove dust. In case of significant contamination, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Works exclusively on suction. the gas pump is not working properly. The part must be removed and checked for fuel leaks. If gasoline leaks, replace the gasket or completely replace the pump.
- It stalls after heating. malfunction of the magneto. In most instrument models, this part cannot be repaired, so it must be replaced.
carefully read the instruction manual; to study in detail the method of the first start-up and running-in of lawn mowers; try to understand the principle of the product; how gasoline is pumped up and so on.
Chainsaw Swells When Pressing The Gas Causes
What to do if the chainsaw is deaf
Hello dear subscribers and readers of my blog! By phone Andrei Noak. We continue the theme of the chainsaw. So, I already said earlier about what needs to be checked in a chainsaw in order to find out the cause of its malfunction. Today I will switch to more valuable instructions so that you do not look for the cause of the problem for a long time and do not know how to solve it. Chainsaw. not the most complicated tool, but you need to take care of it properly. There are different cases, sometimes chainsaws stop when you press the gas, sometimes load, and sometimes they don’t idle. Let’s look at different situations and try to find the right solution.
If you find that the tool won’t start or stop, you don’t need to rush into right away. you can try to fix the problem yourself.
At high speeds
If the device stalls at high speeds, pay attention to the condition of the gasoline and air filters, the serviceability of the fuel hoses.
A dirty air filter can be washed under warm running water. It is important to thoroughly dry the part before installing it so that water does not damage the tool.
If no fluid is flowing through the fuel hose, it is clogged. You can clean the part or replace it with a new one.
In cases where the saw stalls at high speeds, but the liquid flows in full through the hose, and the air filter is clean and serviceable, look for the cause of the breakdown in the fuel filter. Replace it with a new one or clean.
In some cases, the problem is hidden in the petrol pump. With the wear of the component, the fuel begins to flow through the walls. If this phenomenon occurs, a new pump should be installed.
The chainsaw stalls “hot”
If the chainsaw starts up well until it is warmed up, and after it has warmed up it starts to stall and does not start until it cools down, then the problem may be as follows:
- Check if there is any suction (hoses, oil seals, gaskets)
- Check muffler for carbon deposits.
- Check the CPG (cylinder-piston group) for scoring.
- Check carburetor settings
- It is also possible that the ignition coil is out of order. When the saw heats up, resistance increases and the spark is either lost or so weak that its power is not enough to ignite the mixture.
Chainsaw stalls when you press the gas
One of the most common questions. In this case, it is necessary:
- Check the fuel filter.
- Inspect fuel hoses for leaks.
- Check the muffler.
- Try to add some revolutions of XX.
- Look at the rubber seals on the crankshaft, the spacer between the carburetor and the cylinder.
Chainsaw stalls when pressing on gas
The video discusses a fairly common malfunction of chainsaws and a 100% carburetor setting method. How is it done
Checking the spark plug and ignition system
According to the manufacturers’ recommendations, the spark plug should be replaced annually, regardless of the intensity of the tool use. Failure to comply with these tips leads to a completely natural result: failures at idle speed, subsequent failure.
Typical defects in the ignition system are as follows:
- The candle was flooded with fuel at the time of start-up. It is necessary to remove it from the nest, dry it, if possible, blow it out with compressed air. Drain the remaining fuel from the cylinder through the mounting hole, blow it out with compressed air. Then install the candle, connect the high-voltage wire, start.
- No spark on the spark plug electrodes. You need to disconnect the high voltage wire and check for a spark on it. If the spark is normal, check the connection, eliminate any defects. The absence of a spark on the high-voltage wire indicates a malfunction of the ignition unit. This device cannot be repaired, it must be replaced with a new one.
- The gap between the spark plug electrodes is broken. This parameter for various types of devices can be in the range from 0.2 to 0.5 mm. Checking and adjusting must be carried out using a special feeler gauge or vernier caliper. The required value can be found in the instruction manual of the tool.
- By the appearance of the candle, you can determine the direction of the search. If the spark plug turns out to be dry after several attempts to start the engine, it means that no gasoline is entering the cylinder. It is necessary to check the fuel supply system and carburetor.
- The presence of black soot or carbon deposits on the electrodes indicates improper carburetor adjustment or a clogged air filter. Possibly low-quality fuel with large m of oil is used. During normal operation of the ignition system, the electrodes have a uniform gray color and brown deposits on the insulators.
There are times when the master diligently tries to control the engine, then cold, then hot, thereby pumping out the fuel. Here you need to pull yourself together, switch the damper to “hot start” and gradually start the instrument. At the same time, we descend to an almost unoccupied level and after 40-45 seconds it warms up.
Fuel filter dirty
If the option with an air filter did not suit you, then we try to change the fuel one. It is located in the gas tank and is attached to the hose through which fuel is taken from the tank.
This hose must be carefully pryed off with something and removed from the gas tank its edge, on which the filter is fixed. Here, the option with work without a filter, as in the case of an air filter, is better not to apply, since you cannot know for sure if there are any unnecessary impurities in the fuel.
Therefore, we simply change the fuel filter to a new one and try to work. If everything is fine, then congratulations. you found the reason.
Low oil in the fuel mixture
Let’s look at the most unpleasant case first. Why? Because before you manipulate the filters, it is better to make sure that your oil and gasoline are mixed in the correct ratio.
Here, however, it is worth noting that if your saw has already been started many times (for example, ten times), but continues to start, and then stalls again when the speed increases, then everything is apparently in order with the fuel. Otherwise, she would have simply stopped starting altogether.
But still, I recommend immediately dispelling the slightest doubts about the quality of the fuel, as soon as your saw stalled during a set of revolutions for the first time. Because, if the reason is in the fuel, then, as mentioned above, you can get expensive repairs. Otherwise, you can still do it. To dispel doubts is to drain the old fuel from the tank and fill in fresh fuel, in which oil and gasoline are mixed in the correct proportion.
The correct ratio is best seen in the instructions for the saw. If you have lost it, then we look at the ratio on the oil package. It is usually 1:50 or 1:40. If the oil is used “non-native” (well, for example, for Stihl chainsaws, Stihl will also not be enough “native”), then I recommend using a ratio of 1:40, even if the oil packaging says 1:50.
For an accurate dosage, I myself personally use a medical syringe and a measuring container in which one liter of gasoline can be clearly measured. I pour a liter of gasoline into a container, draw 25 (at 1:40) or 20 (at 1:50) cubes of oil into the syringe and add it to the gasoline.
After preparing a new mixture, drain the previous mixture from the tank, in which we are unsure, and pour in the fresh one just prepared.
Now that you have done everything to dispel any doubts about the quality of the fuel, we move on to further actions.
Chainsaw Running Problems | Corrected by Fuel Screws
As I wrote above, with a lack of oil on the piston and cylinder walls, scuffs can form. and they are almost always formed. If you are lucky and no seizure appears, then with the new fuel mixture prepared in the correct ratio, the chainsaw should start working normally.
If seizures appear, then the saw can start and stall several more times, after which it will stop starting altogether. In such a situation, I sympathize with you, since, most likely, now you will need to replace the piston group, which will be very expensive.
If the saw, as before, starts up and stalls at high speeds, then we manipulate the filters.
Air filter dirty
It is quite easy to make sure that the air filter is dirty. You just need to remove it and start the chainsaw without it. if the saw works fine, then it’s in it and it just needs to be changed or washed, depending on its type. And do not be afraid that the chainsaw will work for a while without dust protection. if there is no dust cloud around you, then everything is fine.
So, remove the air filter. To do this, you need to remove the cover from the rear upper part of the chainsaw, which is fastened either with screws, or simply with some kind of lock that you just need to turn or snap off.
If the saw operates normally when the filter is removed after starting up, then it is dirty.
The air filter is either felt or nylon. The first resembles cotton wool or synthetic winterizer, and the second looks like a fine mesh of nylon threads stretched over a plastic case. Felt needs to be changed to a new one, but nylon can be simply washed in soapy water, dried and put back in place.
Well, then we calmly use the chainsaw.
Why does the chainsaw stall when you press the gas?
Hello! If you find yourself on this page, then, most likely, your chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, and you want to know why this is happening and what to do about it. Well, I will try to help you with this problem by examining the most common causes of such a misfortune, as well as methods of eliminating them.
To begin with, I will immediately write for novice users that many chainsaws require warming up the engine at idle speed for about one minute before work. Saw may stall when gas is added while engine is cold.
So, if a heated chainsaw can idle, but stalls under load, then this means that:
- the carburetor is incorrectly set or clogged. the most common case;
- it does not have enough air, the consumption of which increases sharply with increasing revolutions. this means that the air filter is dirty (a rare case, since the filter becomes dirty gradually, so the user first notices a loss of power);
- it does not have enough fuel, the consumption of which also increases with increasing speed. this means that the fuel filter is dirty (also an infrequent case);
- well, and the most unpleasant case, if there is excessive friction between the piston and the cylinder wall, associated with a lack of oil in the fuel mixture. after such operation of the chainsaw, you will most likely fly into the repair of the piston group, since seizures form on the piston and cylinder walls that prevent saw operation.
Let’s analyze these cases separately.
Cleaning and adjusting the carburetor
If all of the above did not help, then, most likely, adjustment or cleaning of the carburetor is required. It is not recommended to do these procedures on your own, since most often such attempts still end with a trip to the service. So it’s better to go there right away and not disassemble anything on your own. But if you still want to dig deeper yourself, then it is best to watch a video that shows how experts do it:
I will end on this. Thanks for attention! Read more articles on this site! Until next time!
Why does the chainsaw stall when you press the gas
Let’s say the chainsaw works normally at idle, but when the gas is pressed sharply, it stalls. What could be the reason? It is immediately clear that this is not about the ignition (no spark), since if the ignition is faulty and there is no spark, the tool would simply not start. Means the fuel system remains.
2-Stroke Engine Only Runs on Choke (Will Not Run) Why?
There are a lot of malfunctions of the fuel system and to determine the exact reason why the Stihl 180 chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, you need to carry out a complete diagnosis. We recommend reading about common malfunctions of the Stihl 180 chainsaw and their elimination.
Why stalls at idle
The first and most common cause of this malfunction is improper carburetor adjustment. You can adjust the idle speed yourself, for this you need to have a Stihl adjusting screwdriver, which is supplied with the unit. The adjustment hole is located on the right side of the Stihl 180 saw on the handle and is marked with “-” and “”.
If the Stihl chainsaw does not keep the speed and stalls at idle speed, you can be almost 90% sure that it has irregularities in the fuel pump operation system, as a rule, it is air leaks into the crankcase through the oil pan gasket, or, much more often, through the oil seals crankshaft. Air leaks reduce or completely stop the impulse, which is supplied through special channels to the fuel pump of the chainsaw. As a result, the Stihl 180 chainsaw does not receive the required amount of fuel and stalls at idle.
Diagnostics can be done using a special device called a vacuum gauge.
The second way to check the performance of the oil seals is to pour gasoline into the crankcase and look at them, if the oil seals let gasoline pass, then they cannot provide normal pressure in the crankcase, which will make idle work impossible. And when operating at high speeds, with leaking oil seals, there is a possibility of jamming of the crankshaft bearings.
The algorithm for checking the crankcase and Stihl 180 oil seals for leaks is as follows:
- The top cover is removed.
- Dismantle the air filter housing and carburetor.
- The handle of the chainsaw is removed.
- The starter spins and retracts.
- On the side opposite to the starter, the side cover and the drive sprocket are removed.
- A piston stopper is installed in the spark plug hole or a string from an old starter with knots imposed on it is stuffed into the cylinder.
- The flywheel and clutch are unscrewed, after which the parts are removed. It is worth knowing that the chainsaw clutch has a left-hand thread and unscrews clockwise.
- The gear wheel of the drive of the oil pump is removed.
Having disassembled the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw, you can see the oil seals, then you need to fill the crankcase with gasoline and check the leakage. The crankcase can be filled through the fuel window in the cylinder; for this, the piston must be raised as high as possible. If leaks are found, it is necessary to replace the defective oil seals, or re-seal the pallet. You can collect Stihl 180 following the reverse sequence of the algorithm.
The first thing to check is the fuel filter.
In some cases, a filter clogged with dirt is unable to pass enough fuel mixture through it. Accordingly, a fuel shortage arises in the system, which leads to the fact that when you press the gas of the chainsaw, the fuel burns out, and the new one does not have time to enter, as a result of which the Stihl chainsaw stalls. Also, with a clogged fuel filter, there may be a noticeable drop in the power of the chainsaw at maximum speed, but this is with insignificant contamination.
Why does the chainsaw swell when you press the gas
Any tool can break and the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw is no exception. Today we will try to understand such issues as: why the chainsaw stalls when the speed increases, also at idle and at full speed. Consider the options for diagnosing and eliminating malfunctions associated with this behavior of the Stihl 180 chainsaw.
Why stalls at full speed
Very often you can hear the question why the chainsaw stalls at full speed. There may be several reasons. First, you need to consider how the saw stalled. Suppose the tool worked fine and suddenly, for no apparent reason, it suddenly stalled and the starter did not turn. In such a situation, you can be 100% sure that the chainsaw is jammed and you need to start its overhaul.
The second situation is when the Stihl 180 chainsaw worked normally, then gradually lost power in a short time and stalled, while the cylinder overheated. In this case, most likely the reason is air leaks under the rubber pipe connecting the carburetor to the cylinder or its rupture. The mixture was depleted, resulting in overheating. You can eliminate the cause by changing the pipe.
One of the reasons why the chainsaw does not develop speed when you press the gas, but rather stall, is a malfunction of the carburetor. Let’s say the Stihl 180 saw worked properly, and then it was put on for a long time and did not use it. After it was started, and at idle, it works well, and when you press the gas, it can stall. Why stalls? The reason is a sticky carburetor injector valve. Of course, this is not 100%, but the likelihood of such a malfunction is high. We recommend reading an article about the device and repair of the Stihl 180 carburetor.
In order to check the injector, it is necessary to remove the carburetor and disassemble it. To remove, it is necessary to unscrew the two nuts securing the air filter and the carburetor, then remove the air filter and the engine control lever, while disconnecting the choke control rod from the carburetor. Next, you need to pull the carburetor slightly towards you, and disconnect the fuel supply hose.
It is necessary to remove the fuel hose as carefully as possible, and prepare a plug for it in advance, since fuel should come from it.
Having removed the carburetor, it must be blown out and cleaned of dirt, only after that the carburetor can be unscrewed.
It is necessary to unscrew the cover of the main chamber of the carburetor, this is the one on which the compensator is installed on top. Further, using a bolt of 8 mm and a length of at least 50 mm. Knock out the valve.
It is necessary to knock out the valve by installing the carburetor on a wooden stand, this will ensure its protection from damage to the body.
After the nozzle is removed, you can blow it out with a compressor. The valve should only let air through in one direction, if you can freely blow the valve in both directions, then it is defective and must be replaced with a new one. Collect the chainsaw after the valve is repaired, it is necessary to follow the reverse sequence of disassembly.
You can clearly see how the carburetor is being repaired, or rather, how to properly knock out the nozzle valve from the carburetor body by watching the video.
Another common reason a saw can stall when revving up is air leaks into the carburetor. It is possible to check this only with a special tool, but it is worth noting that if preventive work on the carburetor has not been carried out for a long time, then a new set of gaskets can be installed in the carburetor. In some cases, this helps to solve the problem with its depressurization.
When disassembling the carburetor to replace the gaskets, you need to carefully inspect its needle valve, press the rocker arm and check its lifting. Sometimes, especially after the Stihl chainsaw has stood for a long time with fuel in the carburetor, the needle may burn to the carburetor body and not perform its functions. Simply put, the needle valve will not allow the fuel mixture to pass through. In this case, the saw will not work.
We will analyze these cases separately.
Adjusting the carburetor when the engine stalls when accelerating
If the check showed that the fuel supply system, muffler and spark plug are in good working order, then you need to look for a breakdown in other places. Initially, do not rush to disassemble the cylinder-piston group or change the carburetor. It is recommended to start repairs by adjusting the carburetor. For this, all chainsaws have special adjusting screws. They are designed to adjust the idle speed, as well as adjust the fuel supply at low and high speeds. A detailed description of how to adjust the carburetor of a chainsaw is described on the website.
Today we will consider the features of tuning the carburetor at maximum speed. You can make sure that the chainsaw is not developing full power using a tachometer. If there is no device, then you can make sure that the engine does not develop maximum speed by ear. We are interested in the screw on the carburetor. Which is for setting high rpm. It is usually denoted by the Latin letter “H”, which is abbreviated from the word “High” (high or large).
To adjust the high speed of the chainsaw, you will need to perform the following manipulations:
- Tighten screw H clockwise until it stops.
- Next, you need to loosen it by 1.25-1.5 turns
- Run the tool and test the speed performance
It is recommended to carry out the adjustment using a tachometer, but if it is not there, then you can check the maximum speed when using the tool under load.
After the trivial setting of the carburetor, you can fix the problem with the termination of the engine when the speed rises. It should be noted that it is necessary to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw regularly, depending on the frequency of operation of the tool. It is not difficult to do this yourself, but you can achieve accurate tuning in one case. if you use a tachometer.
When you press the gas, the chainsaw starts to stall. reasons and solutions to the problem
The chainsaw is a highly efficient tool for working with wood. However, the high-revving motor of this tool can be used for a variety of other tasks, which is achieved through special attachments. Sometimes a malfunction such as the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, which can be triggered by some factors. In order not to have to disassemble the tool completely, we will consider all sorts of reasons for this problem with a detailed description of how to fix them.
Why else can a chainsaw stall when you press the gas
If, after adjusting the carburetor of the chainsaw, the problem remains, then you should resort to checking a number of other factors. There are enough of such factors, and their verification must be carried out sequentially, moving from the easier to the more complex. It is in this order that we will consider all the reasons why the chainsaw does not develop high revs, and at the same time stalls. It should be noted that in this case, the tool starts up and works properly at idle speed.
- Check the chain tension. if the cutting element is tightened too much, this will put a heavy load on the engine. In this case, it will be difficult for a high-speed engine to turn the chain, as a result of which we get its termination. The problem can be corrected if the chain tension is correctly adjusted. The chain should rotate easily by hand, but keep in mind that at XX it should not move. If the chain moves at idle speed, then you need to adjust the upper screw XX
- The quality of the fuel mixture and the correctness of its preparation. It is recommended to use AI-92 gasoline for the chainsaw. It is mixed with two-stroke oil in appropriate proportions. Although the mixing ratio is indicated on the label of the container with oil, you must use the data indicated by the tool manufacturer. The optimal value of the mixture of gasoline and oil is 40/1, that is, 25 ml of oil must be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The proportion means that for 40 liters of gasoline you need to add 1 liter of oil. If you do not adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendations, then in the end this negatively affects the operation of the carburetor and the serviceability of the CPG
- Silencer. very often sawfillers do not pay enough attention to the exhaust system of the tool. If the muffler is clogged, and this necessarily happens over time, this negatively affects the operation of the motor. Silencers on chainsaws are collapsible and non-collapsible. For non-separable devices, the connections are flared, so in case of clogging, you need to either replace the part, or flare for cleaning. A clogged muffler affects the operation of the tool, so do not wait until the chainsaw stops starting
- Air leaks. parts and mechanisms of the chainsaw are connected to the cylinder through gaskets. As a result, such connections are hermetically sealed, which is important for the operation of the internal combustion engine. Tightening the bolts and nuts that secure the carburetor and muffler will help to verify such a malfunction. Suction can also occur due to deterioration of the gaskets, which should be replaced on the tool.
- Fuel and air filters are elements responsible for filtering the air and the fuel mixture. If the air filter is clogged, increasing the throttle opening will not allow enough air to flow into the carburetor, causing the spark plug to flood. As a result, the engine will stall when you try to develop maximum speed. If the fuel filter is defective, the required amount of fuel does not enter the carburetor. Its lack leads to the fact that the tool cannot develop momentum, and immediately starts to stall
- The presence of a fuel filter. This element can not only become clogged, but also detach from the fuel hose. As a result, it turns out that dirt will get into the carburetor, which will very quickly disable the mechanism
- A breather is a hole through which air enters the chainsaw tank, thereby eliminating the creation of a vacuum inside a sealed container. The breather is located on the gas tank cap or can be built into the tank wall. The principle of its operation is such that as the gasoline in the tank is consumed, the tank is filled with air. If the breather is defective, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents fuel from being pumped into the carburetor. The breather allows air to pass in one direction, and eliminates the possibility of fuel leakage from the tank. You can repair the part using a thin needle, which punches a hole
- CPG malfunction. the chainsaw does not pick up speed also if the cylinder-piston group is worn out. To identify this cause, it is not at all necessary to disassemble the engine to look inside. A compressor should be used to check the amount of compression. The normal value should be at least 12 atmospheres, and if the value is lower, then the CPG must be replaced
- Ignition System. If the engine starts, it is unlikely that the problem is an electrical malfunction. However, it will not be superfluous to unscrew the spark plug and visually inspect it. The presence of black carbon indicates the need to check the ignition. The first step is to check the gap between the ignition module and the flywheel, the size of which should be 0.25 mm. The integrity of the armored wire is also checked, and if it is damaged, then it must be replaced along with the module. Spark plugs have an appropriate resource, so they need to be changed, pre-setting a gap of 0.5-0.7 mm (indicated in the technical description for each tool model)
If checking all the reasons does not allow a positive result to be achieved, then the carburetor of the chainsaw should be removed and cleaned.
Where to look for the reason or where to start checking
All chainsaws have the same design and work according to the same principle. The chainsaw device can be found in this material. It does not matter which brand of tool. Stihl, Husqvarna, ECHO, Champion, Partner, Shturm and others. A malfunction, which manifests itself in the form when the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, can occur equally both on expensive and high-quality tools and on budget Chinese devices. If a problem occurs, then it needs to be solved.
A chainsaw is a system of mechanisms consisting of parts. Any part in the mechanism can fail, which will lead to partial or complete failure of the tool. If the engine of the tool starts, this does not mean that the chainsaw is completely operational. When the engine stops working when the engine speed increases, then there are corresponding reasons. With this malfunction, attention should be paid initially to a number of the following tool mechanisms:
- Gas tank. make sure there is fuel. If there is sufficient fuel, you should also check the serviceability of the fuel filter, the presence of a connection between the supply hose and the carburetor, and also make sure that the breather is working
These are the main parts and mechanisms that should be checked first of all if a malfunction occurs when the chainsaw stalls when the accelerator is pressed. There are other reasons why a chainsaw engine stalls when the gas trigger is pulled. What else can contribute to the occurrence of this malfunction, as well as the features of eliminating breakdowns, we will find out further.
The chainsaw stalls at high speeds. simple carburetor repair
The carburetor of the instrument is exactly the mechanism that most owners are afraid to disassemble on their own. The reason is that this mechanism consists of many small parts, the location of which must be remembered when carrying out dismantling work. However, not everything is as scary and difficult as it might seem. To understand how the carburetor has to do with the problem of stopping the engine when the engine speed increases, you need to find out its principle of operation, described on the website.
The chainsaw stalls when you press the gas due to the carburetor, if:
- Diaphragm damaged
- Clogged filter element (mesh in the carburetor). This malfunction can be encountered by owners of tools who do not have a fuel filter or it is simply disconnected from the fuel hose.
- Needle sticking, which may be due to outdated fuel mixture
- Clogged nozzles or clogged carburetor
- Bending of the connecting part connecting the membrane with the needle to supply fuel to the fuel chamber of the carburetor. This part is also called the foot, since under the influence of the membrane on it, the needle moves and the channel opens. During operation, this foot can bend (work out) or break (the engine will not start if it breaks). If the foot is bent, then it can be unbent, but this does not guarantee that the problem will soon recur, therefore it is recommended to replace the part
It is recommended to clean and wash the chainsaw carburetor, as well as replace defective parts and elements. After that, you can put it back, not forgetting to also replace (if worn out) the gasket between the carburetor and the adapter.
Why the chainsaw stalls when the accelerator is pressed. summing up
When making an upgrade for the reasons why the saw stalls after you press the gas, you need to take stock of all sorts of reasons and their elimination. The reasons can be conditionally divided into two parts. simple and complex. You need to start troubleshooting with simple reasons, and end with more complex ones.
You definitely need to start the check from the tank, not from the carburetor, but from the gas tank. And make sure you are using a properly prepared mixture. Next, you need to check the serviceability of the muffler and the presence of carbon deposits on the spark plug. After that, you will already have an idea of in which part of the tool you need to look for a breakdown. Perhaps a breakdown is. That you just need to wind up the maximum speed, for which the carburetor is tuned. If this does not solve the problem, then you should check the air filter and clean it.
Pay special attention to the carburetor, after cleaning and possibly repairing which the chainsaw should work like new. If even after this the problem remains, then do not be too lazy to check the amount of compression. Perhaps the engine has a strong performance and needs to be replaced.
This completes the upgrade to restore the tool’s performance, and it is worth noting one more point, such as the use of fuel that has been stored for a long time. Many people dilute gasoline with oil, and store the mixture for months, and sometimes for six months. This cannot be done in any way, since the mixture has the properties of aging, and therefore, after its preparation, it must be used within 1-2 weeks. If you do not follow this recommendation, then you will often need to change not only the fuel filters, but also clean the carburetor, but the worst thing is that this contributes to accelerated wear of the CPG.