Chainsaw Partner 350 Will Not Start Reasons
Algorithm for checking the crankcase for leaks
- Remove the side cover and tire from the chainsaw.
- Unscrew the spark plug and lay a lace with knots into the cylinder through the spark plug hole, thereby stopping the movement of the piston and crankshaft.
- As a lace with knots, you can use the old cord from the starter, tying knots on it every 3-5 cm.
- Spin the chain saw drive sprocket.
- Remove the oil pump cover and the pump itself.
- Remove the starter from the chainsaw.
- Unscrew and remove the flywheel.
- Remove carburetor.
- Using a syringe, through the carburetor hole in the cylinder, pour gasoline into the crankcase, while observing the crankshaft oil seals. If gasoline flows through them, then the oil seals have become unusable and must be replaced with new ones.
- It is better to entrust the installation of oil seals to professionals.
An indirect sign of crankcase leaks are oil leaks in the area of the oil seals.
Why does a chainsaw stall under load
In some cases, the chainsaw under load is unable to work normally and simply stalls. A common reason for this behavior is improper carburetor adjustment, or air leaks through the crankshaft oil seals or carburetor gasket. And also this behavior can occur due to leaks in the carburetor.
It is best to diagnose the cause and eliminate the fact that the chainsaw starts and stalls under load, best of all in a service center, since a special tool is needed to check the tightness of the carburetor and crankcase.
A saw that is unable to operate under load will also be unsteady at idle speed. They will “float”. Diagnostics begins with a check for leaks in the crankcase and carburetor. If air leaks through the crankshaft oil seals, they must be replaced. If air leakage in the carburetor is detected, the cause can be eliminated by installing a repair kit of gaskets.
Only after the above actions have not yielded results and the crankcase with the carburetor is sealed, you can start adjusting the carburetor.
The reason for this algorithm is as follows, if the air leak from the crankcase is not eliminated, but the carburetor was simply adjusted to normal engine operation, then the fuel mixture will contain more fuel than is required with a sealed crankcase, which in turn will significantly increase its consumption. Also, most likely, carbon deposits will appear in the engine, which will also negatively affect the further operation of the chainsaw.
In some models of chainsaws, to ensure the operation of the fuel pump, special hoses are installed that transmit an air impulse from the engine crankcase to the carburetor fuel pump. If this hose is frayed, the saw will idle unevenly and will not work at all under load.
Owners of HUSQVARNA 137 and HUSQVARNA 142 household chainsaws should first of all check the impulse hose for any deviations in engine operation from the norm, since this is considered the most common reason for the breakdown of these chainsaws.
A video showing how to replace a defective impulse hose with your own hands on a HUSQVARNA 142 chainsaw can be viewed below. It shows step by step the process of disassembling the saw, shows the impulse hose and discusses the consequences of its malfunctioning HUSQVARNA 142.
The chainsaw starts and stalls cause
Owners of chainsaws sometimes have to deal with the fact that the saw, for no apparent reason, stops working normally. To understand why the chainsaw stalls under various operating modes, and also to describe how you can diagnose a malfunction, we will try in our article.
- Why does a chainsaw stall when heated
- Why does a chainsaw stall under load
- Why the chainsaw doesn’t pick up speed and stalls
- Algorithm for checking the crankcase for leaks
- Why does the chainsaw start and immediately stall
- Malfunctions leading to improper operation of the chainsaw
- Summing up
Why does a chainsaw stall when heated
The situation in which a chainsaw starts up cold, and in the process of heating it can stall, is familiar to many who deal with them. The main reasons for this behavior of the saw are as follows.
- Defective ignition module (coil). Determine the malfunction by checking the spark first on a cold engine, and then on a hot one. If there is no spark on a hot engine, then it is worth trying to fix the malfunction by replacing the ignition coil.
- The carburetor of the chainsaw has an incorrect setting (fills the spark plug hot). You can determine the problem by how the saw is started on a cold one. If for a cold start it is not required to close the air damper, and the engine starts without a preliminary flash, then the fuel mixture is formed incorrectly and after the engine warms up, the fuel fills the spark plug and makes it impossible to start. The problem is eliminated by adjusting the carburetor.
- Spark plug defective. In such a situation, similar to a faulty ignition coil, the spark disappears when the engine heats up. It is worth trying to replace the spark plug with a new one, and if this does not help, then you need to check the ignition coil and the gap between it and the flywheel.
You can check the ignition coil using a multimeter or by replacing it with a known good one. The test with a multimeter of the primary and secondary windings is carried out in the resistance measurement mode. The resistance index of the primary winding, working coil, is 1 kOhm. secondary 4 kOhm.
Why does the chainsaw start and immediately stall
The chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls, the reason for this behavior may be hidden in the carburetor. A malfunctioning fuel pump or malfunctioning of the main fuel jet can cause this saw to behave. The inability to operate the chainsaw after starting, requires a full diagnosis at the service center.
All of the above options for engine malfunction have similar causes, which, depending on their neglect, can have different manifestations. For example, with a slight intake of air into the crankcase, its operation will not change much, the engine power will drop slightly, its maximum speed will increase, and it will be able to heat up a little more. In the middle stages of air leakage, the engine will stop idling and will get very hot during operation. Strong air suction, will make it impossible for the saw to work, it will start and immediately stall.
In parallel with the visible manifestations of malfunctions, for example, the inoperability of the chainsaw after starting, inside the engine at the time of its malfunctioning, processes will take place that irreversibly lead the saw to the most serious consequences, for example, the piston melting, crankshaft jamming.
Why the chainsaw doesn’t pick up speed and stalls
If the chainsaw is unable to pick up speed a minute after starting or stalls when the gas trigger is pressed, most likely the carburetor or crankcase is leaking. As in the previous case, the problem can be solved by checking for leaks and adjusting the carburetor.
If the chainsaw does not pick up speed and stalls after it has been running normally for about 5 minutes, the reason may be a defective fuel tank breather. The vacuum created in the fuel tank during tool operation prevents the engine from receiving the required amount of fuel for its normal operation, and for this reason it will be unable to gain speed or stall. In this case, if you stop the tool, open and close the fuel tank cap and start the chainsaw again, the tool will work normally again for about five minutes, after which it will stop gaining speed or stall.
The reason that the chainsaw does not pick up speed can also be excessive carbon deposits in the muffler, which makes it difficult to exhaust exhaust gases, thereby reducing the power and engine speed.
If you want to check the tightness of the crankcase, but there is no special tool, you can use the following test procedure.
Malfunctions leading to improper operation of the chainsaw
There are a number of faults that must be taken into account when diagnosing, since they can lead to interruptions in the operation of the saw.
- Worn crankshaft bearings. With worn out crankshaft bearings, runout is inevitable on the main shaft, where the flywheel is attached. In such a situation, it is impossible to adjust the gap between the flywheel and the ignition coil, which entails interruptions in sparking, and unstable operation of the chainsaw.
- Impulse channel contamination. The impulse channel serves to ensure the operation of the fuel pump, accordingly, its contamination leads to improper operation of the pump, which will make it impossible for the saw to work (it will start and immediately stall).
- CPG wear. As a rule, with increased wear of the CPG, there is a decrease in compression in the engine of the chainsaw, which will necessarily affect its ability to develop speed.
- Dirty fuel and air filters.
When the first signs of improper operation of the chainsaw appear, it is worthwhile to carry out a full diagnosis of it. In order to avoid damage to the saw as a result of improper maintenance, it is better to entrust the work of identifying and eliminating engine problems to professionals. And most importantly, you do not need to use a chainsaw with minor defects, since this will lead to even greater problems.
After winter I can not start the chainsaw, what can you tell me
If the chainsaw is not used in winter or summer, then with the onset of spring, when it becomes necessary to harvest firewood, a malfunction is often observed in the form of the impossibility of starting the tool engine. The reasons may be different, but the first step is to check the presence of gasoline in the tank. If the chainsaw has not been used for a long time, but fuel remains in the tank, then the difficulties in starting a two-stroke engine are associated with the cause of stagnation of fuel.
If the fuel in the tank was not drained before storage, then there is a high probability that a plug has formed in the carburetor. You will need to disassemble the carburetor and clean it. In order not to resort to these steps, you can do the following:
- Unscrew the spark plug and inspect it. If it is dry and has the correct brown color, then no fuel is being supplied to the cylinder.
- 20 grams of the fuel mixture is drawn into a syringe and squirted into the cylinder
- The spark plug is twisted and the engine is started
- If the ignition system is working properly, the chainsaw will start
When the engine is started, the resulting plug in the carburetor will break through and the engine will operate normally. If the engine starts and stalls on a chainsaw, then the procedure for adding fuel to the cylinder should be repeated several times. If the attempts end unsuccessfully, then you need to clean the carburetor, but first check the serviceability of the fuel and air filters, the ignition module and clean the exhaust duct (muffler).
Difficulties with starting a chainsaw cannot be ruled out due to the following reasons:
- Damping the electrodes of the candle
- Oxidation of the contacts of the wires of the ignition module
- Damage to the insulation of the high-voltage wire
- Failure of the ignition coil
- The need to adjust the carburetor
Difficulties with starting chainsaws arise sooner or later. It all depends not only on the quality of the tool and its price, but also on the features of the care, operation and storage of the tool. With proper care and storage of the tool, you will never have problems starting the engine of your chainsaw.
Fuel and air filters. checking their serviceability
If the fuel or air filter is clogged, the chainsaw will also not be able to start. First you need to check the serviceability of the air filter, which is located in a plastic case. Chainsaw air filter is very often clogged, therefore it is recommended to clean it before use. You will need to use a compressor for cleaning. If the air filter on the chainsaw is clogged with sawdust and shavings, then the engine will not start hot. Air does not enter the carburetor, so only excess fuel is supplied to the cylinder, which causes the spark plug to flood.
The case of a clogged air filter on a chainsaw is very interesting. If it is clogged, it usually starts up on a cold chainsaw, but as soon as the air damper opens to supply air, the engine immediately stalls after warming up. A hot chainsaw with a clogged filter will not start at all, or it will start and immediately stall. When diagnosing the air filter, you need to pay attention to the damper, through which the air supply is limited. Make sure the shutter moves freely when you push the lever to close and open.
- If the damper does not close, then the attempt to start the chainsaw on a cold one is unsuccessful.
- A similar situation is when the chainsaw is hot. If the engine starts up cold, but stalls when warming up, then this may be due to the fact that the damper is stuck in the closed position
As you can see, not only the start of the chainsaw engine depends on the serviceability of the air filter and the damper, but also its proper operation.
In addition to the air filter, the cleaning element, which is responsible for cleaning the fuel mixture, can also become clogged. This filter is located in the chainsaw tank and prevents small grains of sand from entering the carburetor. Like the air filter, the fuel cleaner also needs to be cleaned. Cleaning is done by replacing the old filter with a new one. The service life of this element depends on various factors, and first of all, on the quality of the gasoline and oil used. If you pour fuel into the tank in windy weather, then the probability of sand grains entering the tank is 100%.
Depending on the model of the chainsaw, the principle of replacing the fuel filter may differ. However, even a beginner can cope with this procedure, since it is not difficult, and only requires adherence to the sequence of actions.
If the chainsaw won’t start anyway, what to do
The above are the main reasons why the chainsaw does not start. And this applies to tools of different brands Stihl, Husqvarna, Partner, Makita, Champion and others. Chainsaws Friendship have a different principle of operation, but in general, the search for a malfunction should begin with the ignition system, or rather, inspect the condition of the spark plug electrodes. If the manipulations carried out do not help to obtain the desired result, then it is necessary to resort to more serious actions. This means that you need to follow these steps:
- Check the serviceability of the carburetor and adjust it
- Measure the amount of compression of the engine, and then make an appropriate conclusion about its serviceability
- Compression in the crankcase is checked
Checking the compression in the cylinder allows you to assess the condition and serviceability of the CPG. To measure compression, you need a compression meter. It is screwed into the spark plug hole, after which the starter handle is pulled. The compressor shows the corresponding cylinder pressure. This value should be at the level of 8-12 atmospheres.
If the pressure is significantly lower, then this is a direct sign of a device malfunction. In case of malfunction, the cylinder-piston group is replaced with a new one. When installing a new CPG, it is necessary to carefully treat all parts with oil so that chips and scuffs do not form at the time the engine is started.
If there is no compression in the crankcase, then the chainsaw will also not start. The reason for the decrease in the pressure in the crankcase is the gasket, or rather its damage. This gasket is located between the cylinder and the crankcase and, to make sure it is working properly, the following manipulations should be performed:
- Disconnect the fuel line from the tank
- Lower the tube into a container with a prepared mixture of gasoline and oil
- Start the chainsaw engine
- If the engine starts and fuel is sucked in, then this indicates the serviceability of the gasket.
If the fuel is not sucked in, then the crankcase gasket needs to be replaced.
The carburetor is the most important and most difficult part of a chainsaw. If all the above steps did not help to get a positive result, then this indicates that the carburetor is faulty. The main malfunction of the carburetor is the clogging of its channels and jets. Membranes and other elements fail less often. In any case, you will need to disassemble the chainsaw carburetor, clean it and replace the failed parts.
As you can see, there are enough reasons why the chainsaw does not start. To find out what exactly happened in your case, you need to remember the symptoms the day before. Perhaps before the chainsaw stopped starting, engine malfunctions were observed, power and performance decreased, and other breakdowns were also appropriate. Based on these technical symptoms, it is necessary to begin the search. If you do not know where to start, then the diagnosis should be carried out in order, as described in the material.
Exhaust duct or muffler cleaning and influence on engine starting
When the chainsaw is operating, resinous deposits. carbon deposits are deposited on the walls of the exhaust channel and muffler. Periodically, this carbon deposit needs to be cleaned, but most tool owners remember this only after the chainsaw does not start. Why is this happening? The reason is that the burnt food has nowhere to go, so the engine will not be able to start. When the exhaust channel is dirty, the chainsaw not only loses power, but also its independent engine stops working.
Deposits on the walls of the muffler are caused by the following factors:
- Use of low-quality gasoline and oil
- Incorrect gasoline to oil ratio when mixing
- Long-term operation of the tool without carrying out preventive measures
There is no difficulty in cleaning the muffler of a chainsaw. The cleaning sequence is as follows:
- To begin with, unscrew the screws securing the muffler
- The cooling panel with a gasket is dismantled
- Next, you need to remove the spark arrester
- The resonator body is disassembled
- All elements are cleaned and washed from carbon deposits with kerosene or other cleaning fluids. This must be done exclusively with a respirator and goggles. Carcinogenic substances are very dangerous for humans
- Wait until the cleaned elements dry
- Assemble in the reverse order of removal.
When cleaning the walls of the outlet channel, it is necessary to close the cylinder opening with a rag. This will eliminate the possibility of dust and sand getting into the cylinder. After cleaning the muffler and the exhaust duct of the chainsaw, you can start starting the engine of the tool. At the same time, you will feel how the chainsaw will work at full power.
What is a breather and how does it affect the reasons for the inability to start a chainsaw
Few of the sawers know about the existence of such an element on a chainsaw as a breather. This is one of the important parts of the tool, which is responsible for balancing the pressure in the fuel tank. The principle of operation of the breather on a chainsaw is that when the amount of fuel in the tank decreases, a vacuum or vacuum occurs. The less fuel in the tank, the higher the pressure, which becomes an obstacle to the passage of fuel into the carburetor. To reduce the pressure in the tank, a breather is used, which is a valve that allows air to pass in one direction.
If the breather inlet is clogged, then air does not enter the tank, which means that the pressure begins to increase. There is a breather on the fuel tank cap of the chainsaw (depending on the model), and if the two-stroke engine of the tool does not start, it is necessary to check that the breather is working properly. It is quite simple to make sure that the breather is faulty:
- Unscrew the fuel tank cap. If air bleeds, then this indirectly indicates a malfunction of the pressure regulator
- Screw the gas cap back on, then try to start the engine again. If the engine starts, but after a while it stalls, then the breather needs to be cleaned
- Another way to check if the breather is working is to disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor. If fuel flows out of it intermittently, then the device is working properly. If the trickle is weak and intermittent, then you need to clean the breather on the chainsaw to start the engine
The breather (fuel tank cap valve) is cleaned with a needle. If the breather is heavily clogged, you will need to remove the filter element and clean it. On different models of chainsaws, the location of the breather is different (on most models it is located in the gas tank cap). The video below shows the process of cleaning the breather using the example of a Husqvarna chainsaw.
Is there fuel in the tank and what is its quality
Checking for the presence of fuel in the tank is the first thing to start diagnostics with. Even if visually there is still fuel in the tank, make sure that the fuel line is lowered into it. If the fuel in the tank is at the bottom, then this is the main reason that it is impossible to start the engine. After adding fuel to the tank, it is necessary to pump the system, and only then carry out a test run of the engine.
If there is enough fuel in the tank, make sure that the supply hose inside the tank is not detached. On some models of chainsaws, such a malfunction is a “disease”. If the tank is full, this does not mean that the breakdown is not related to the fuel system. Check the quality of the fuel (oil and gasoline). Gasoline for chainsaws is used mainly of the AI-92 brand. As oil, you need to use only a special two-stroke, but not a motor or even working off.
The prepared fuel mixture cannot be stored for more than 2 weeks, as the mixture begins to lose its properties, which negatively affects not only the operation of the engine, but also its starting. How does a poor-quality mixture affect engine starting, you ask? Everything is very simple, with long-term storage of the mixture, the oil precipitates, which leads to clogging of the channels and jets of the carburetor.
The instructions for each brand of chainsaw indicate recommendations on the ratio in which gasoline and oil should be diluted. It is this recommendation that should be followed when preparing a mixture for a two-stroke engine of a chainsaw, otherwise it will significantly reduce the life of your tool.
Stihl Chainsaw Won’t Start. The Reason Why Surprised Me
Checking Spark Plug Spark and Coil-Magneto Gap
The spark plug is the most important part that ignites the fuel mixture entering the cylinder chamber. If the candle has served its purpose, then it will give out a weak spark or not at all. You can check this in the following way:
- Unscrew the spark plug
- Put it on a cylinder by connecting it to a candlestick
- Switch on ignition
- Pull the starter handle
If the spark occurs constantly, then this indicates the serviceability of the candle. over, not only the candle is in good order, but also the ignition system. the coil and the high-voltage wire. If a spark occurs on the candle, but intermittently (intermittently), then such a part must be replaced. First you need to check the gap between the contacts. The gap should be between 0.5 and 1 mm.
For each model of the chainsaw, manufacturers indicate the recommended gap size, so you need to use the reference book. You can measure the gap with a special probe or a sheet of paper folded several times.
The absence of a spark on the spark plug indicates a malfunction of the ignition system, therefore, before replacing a part, you should make sure that the ignition coil and high-voltage wire are in good working order. The chainsaw may not start due to clogged spark plug electrodes. The presence of black carbon on the candle or wet electrodes. all this may indicate the following malfunctions:
- Black carbon. the chainsaw carburetor is not adjusted correctly. The mixture entering the cylinder contains a lot of fuel and little air. You can eliminate the malfunction by cleaning the carbon deposits on the spark plug electrodes, followed by adjusting the carburetor
- If the candle is wet (it floods), then this may indicate the following. either the ignition system is faulty (including the candle itself), or an excess amount of fuel enters the cylinder, thereby filling the candle. First you need to make sure that the spark plug gives a good spark, and only then adjust the carburetor. It is not recommended to dry a wet candle by calcining, so it should be wiped dry and then allowed to dry in the sun
- If the spark plug has red or pink carbon deposits on the electrodes, this indicates that the gasoline used contains a large amount of additives. Typically, this effect is produced by AI-95 and higher gasoline, an increase in the octane number in which is achieved by adding additives
When the candle is brown (brick), this indicates not only a properly adjusted chainsaw carburetor, but also about the health of the ignition system. If a new spark plug is used, which, when checked, produces a weak spark (or there is no spark at all), then this is a sign of a malfunctioning ignition coil. The coil must be replaced together with the high-voltage wire.
Chainsaw does not start all causes and troubleshooting
One of the most unpleasant phenomena is when I was going to cut a tree, and the chainsaw would not start. Many people are faced with this phenomenon, and not only the owners of cheap Chinese chainsaws, but also branded professional tools. If you are faced with a situation where the chainsaw engine does not start, then do not rush to take the tool in for repair. Simple preventive actions will help you quickly restore tool performance. The procedure for carrying out preventive measures to restore the performance of the gasoline unit is described in the material.
Why won’t it start and what to do
There may be several reasons why a chainsaw does not start or does not start. To install them, you need to diagnose the device. Possible causes of a problem launch:
- there is no spark on the spark plug;
- poor condition of the air and fuel filter;
- poor fuel supply and exhaust duct performance;
- poorly functioning breather, which is located on top of the tank.
Carbon deposits often appear on the spark plug electrodes and the tool does not start. Therefore, first check the spark plug. If the reason is not hidden in her, then the other elements are examined.
- To test the spark plug, remove the spark plug. To do this, remove the tip located on the high-voltage wire, take out the candle and put the tip back on. The candle is applied to the cylinder and the starter is started. The engine ignition unit is working properly if the electrodes give off a spark when turned on. When there is no spark, you need to adjust the distance between the electrodes with a feeler gauge or clean the entire part. To start the saw, the distance between the electrodes must be between 0.2 and 0.5 mm.
- To check the fuel supply, you need to fill the tank with a fuel mixture. The system tube is disconnected from the carburetor and pumping is done. Fuel comes in jerks when the system is working properly. With a weak feed, clean the channel through which the fuel or filter is supplied. When gasoline leaks appear under the cap of the tank, this means that the tank is overfilled and may affect the operation of the engine.
- Check the fuel filter by disconnecting it from the carburetor. The gasoline supply channel is disconnected and the fuel is pumped over. If there is no pressure in the pipe, then the fuel is drained from the tank and the filter cartridge is pulled out. It is cleaned or replaced with a new one.
- A breather (valve) located on the fuel tank cap is designed to equalize the air pressure, which allows gasoline to flow freely into the carburetor. Sometimes it gets dirty, air does not flow inside and a vacuum is created, which does not allow the chainsaw to start. The hose through which fuel is supplied is disconnected from the carburetor, then checked. Fuel should flow from the disconnected hose. If this does not happen, then it is cleaned with a simple needle or a jet of air under high pressure.
Reasons why the Partner (Partner) chainsaw won’t start and how to fix them
If the Partner chainsaw does not start, there is no need to rush to take it for repair. An instruction is attached to each tool, which indicates how to eliminate the malfunction with your own hands.
If it starts and stalls
When the chainsaw starts and stalls, it is due to the carburetor or other parts. Reasons for malfunction:
- Poor fuel flow to engine. This is due to a clogged breather.
- There is not enough fuel in the tank. By tilting the tool sideways, the remaining fuel flows into one place. This causes the saw to stop working.
- Poor quality fuel.
- The plug insulator overheats when poor contact is made between the wire cap and the plugs. Contact between them becomes worse with soot or mechanical shear.
- Spark plugs defective.
- Fuel does not flow well to the carburetor through the fuel filter or pump. As soon as the tool starts to increase the speed, it immediately stalls.
- If the air filter is dirty, the engine cannot handle high loads and stops.
- Insufficient or no lubrication in the chain.
Stalls when you press the gas
If the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, then you need to inspect the gasoline and air filter, as well as the fuel pump.
- During operation, a strong clogging of the air filter occurs, and when the gas is pressed, the tool stops working. The filter is dismantled, cleaned or washed with warm water, dried thoroughly and only then installed back. Then disconnect the fuel hose screwed to the carburetor. Gasoline should flow through it. The hose is cleaned or replaced with a new one if no fluid has leaked out. The filter is in good working order and can be left unchecked if the gasoline flows well.
- The chainsaw stalls. the gasoline pump may have worn out. If gasoline flows through the walls of the pump, it means that the device has stalled because of it. This part is changed to another.
In order for the chain saw to start, you need to accurately determine the cause of its malfunction, and then try to fix it yourself. If the problem is not found or it cannot be fixed on your own, then it is better to seek help from specialists.
The reasons why the Partner (Partner) chainsaw does not start and how to eliminate them. we cover in detail
Can a real owner do without a chainsaw? This is nonsense! Many small and not-so-so things will stop without this tool: cutting branches, pruning bushes, small carpentry repairs, etc. What can I say, you yourself know better how badly you need a chainsaw.
And the popular Partner chainsaw is so named for a reason. it helps in the household as well as a partner. And if this chainsaw breaks down, then it is very difficult without it. Fortunately, you can try repairing your Partner chainsaw yourself. Let’s see in what cases this is possible.
How the mechanism works
Almost all tools are organized in the same way, both foreign (Husqvarna, Makita, Shtil, Partner 350) and Chinese chainsaws, as well as domestic (friendship, Ural). Therefore, it is not very difficult to find the reason why the device does not start and stop.
There are four elements that can cause problems:
- Fuel for which the carburetor is responsible;
- Air that enters through the air filter;
- Spark, the quality of which depends on the ignition unit.
They all depend on each other and interact with each other. If any element is not working properly, the saw stops working.
To begin with, all the tools are set up differently. hot and cold. Two commonly used mechanisms are responsible for this process.
Be sure to check what the user manual says. It says that when you engage, you need to make sure the emergency stop brake is locked. But starting a saw with a brake is much more difficult, so sometimes it is better not to apply the brake.
As you can see from the manual, there is a fuel tank and an engine inside the case and outside. saw section (bar with chain), handle and starter.
First, we need to figure out exactly how the tool fails to launch. For example, the saw starts, but immediately catches the eye or loses the power of work, the quality cuts.
Potential interruptions occur due to engine problems. But I would not recommend disassembling it immediately. It is better to look for the problem using the simplest option.
Chainsaws partner 350: prerequisites for breakdowns, DIY repair
In fact, every summer resident or villager has a chainsaw in his arsenal, the partner 350 model is especially popular. But from time to time this tool fails. If you are faced with such a problem, then do not despair, because its mechanism is so simple that you can even do the repair yourself. The article discusses the main prerequisites for breakdowns and their elimination.
Checking the condition of the fuel and air filters.
If everything is in order with the fuel quality, the chainsaw engine may not start due to clogged fuel and air filters. To diagnose these elements, it will be necessary to perform a number of manipulations associated with their dismantling.
For the fuel filter:
- Disconnect the gasoline supply channel from the carburetor;
- Pump up fuel.
If there is little or no pressure in the branch pipe, disconnect the filter. Before that, free the tank from the mixture and remove the filter element itself. Dismantling is done with a wire hook. A clogged replacement cartridge that causes a poor starting of the chainsaw engine can be cleaned, but it is best to replace it with a new one. When using the tool in dusty conditions, it should be cleaned on a regular basis.
A clogged air filter can cause the chainsaw engine to run erratically, making it stalling or difficult to start. Dust and dirt deposited on the adsorbent material impede the flow of air into the system, make the fuel mixture so rich that it will sometimes be difficult to start the tool.
Checking the air filter is one of the first steps in finding the cause of a poor start.
Care should be taken when removing the air filter, as dust accumulated on the surface of the saw during operation can enter the carburetor. And this is fraught with more expensive repairs. After detaching the cartridge, thoroughly clean it from the accumulated dirt and rinse it with the addition of detergent. Dry the element and put it back in place just as carefully.
Fuel supply problem
To establish a similar malfunction of the chainsaw, it will turn out when inspecting the spark plug. Fuel may not flow into the cylinder for various reasons:
- The fuel filter in the tank is heavily clogged.
- The hole in the filler cap is clogged, preventing gas from flowing out.
- Poor or no fuel coming out of the carburetor.
In the event that there is no correct ratio between the gasoline and the air mixing in the carburetor, or there is insufficient fuel flow, you should check whether the channels and the air filter of the carburetor are not clogged. In addition, it may need to be adjusted.
Before cleaning, the filter is carefully removed and washed with detergent, after which it is left to dry. Then put in place.
Carburetor adjustment is carried out, as a rule, with screws. maximum and minimum revolutions. When carrying out it, you must strictly follow the instructions for repairing a chainsaw, otherwise you can damage the engine. Sometimes manufacturers leave only one adjustment screw in order to exclude the intervention of inexperienced craftsmen in the work of the carburetor.
If debugging has not fixed anything, then it is worthwhile to clean the channels and filter mesh, and also check the integrity of the membrane.
Do not forget that the carburetor is one of the complex mechanisms of a chainsaw, so you need to approach it responsibly when cleaning and disassembling it.
HOW-TO Fix A Chainsaw With No Spark. Ignition Module Replacement
It consists of many small elements that can pop out unnoticed and will be difficult to find. Often after disassembling this device, some users cannot assemble it.
What to do if the chainsaw won’t start further?
If the initial inspection did not give anything or the defects were eliminated during the search, and the chainsaw does not start further, then you need to look for more serious reasons. It is best to identify and eliminate such breakdowns in a service center. However, with experience, you can find and eliminate them yourself. What to diagnose and check?
- Compression in the cylinder;
- Compression in the crankcase;
- Carburetor operation.
In the first case, checking the compression in the cylinder will allow you to find out the state of the cylinder-piston group (CPG) of a chainsaw that does not want to start cold. For this you need a compressometer. The device is screwed into place of the spark plug and the engine is idle. Measurement of readings allows you to judge the state of the CPG. In the absence of a compression gauge, the compression in the cylinder can be determined offhand as follows:
- Place your finger on the candle hole;
- Try to start the chainsaw engine.
By placing your finger on the spark plug hole and pulling the starter, you can check the compression in the cylinder.
If you feel that your finger is pulling strongly into the candle channel, then the compression is fine. The absence of a vacuum in the chamber indicates a malfunction. The cylinder-piston group needs a more detailed inspection, which will give an idea of the condition of the piston and cylinder, piston rings and bearings.
The chainsaw may not start on a cold one due to the lack of compression in the engine crankcase. The main reason for this is damage to the gasket placed between the cylinder and the crankcase. It is quite easy to detect the lack of compression:
- Disconnect the upper tube from the carburetor;
- Pour gasoline into a regular cork;
- We immerse the removed tube in the fuel;
- We pull the starter several times.
If the fuel is sucked from the cap when starting the chainsaw starter, then everything is in order with the compression. If not, see the gasket.
If the fuel is drawn in, then everything is in order. the gasket is intact. Otherwise, you will have to purchase a repair kit and replace it. How to do this watch the video, why the Chinese chainsaw does not start:
Starting the tool can be complicated by improper operation of the carburetor or its breakage. It often happens that during the sawing process, the fastening screws are loosened and air is sucked into the cylinder. Check that the carburetor is securely attached. Inspect it for fuel leaks. There can be a lot of reasons for the malfunction. It is possible to pinpoint the malfunction, eliminate it and fine-tune the carburetor only in a service center.
After going through the step-by-step troubleshooting of the chainsaw engine, you can find the malfunction, fix it yourself and successfully start your working tool. Do not take on jobs that you are not sure about. Entrust the troubleshooting to specialists from the service center.
Checking the breather and cleaning it.
The breather is another element, from the improper operation of which the chainsaw may not start or stall during the sawing process. This element is located on the fuel tank cap in the area of the air hole. This is a kind of valve that does not allow gasoline to flow out and equalizes the air pressure required for the free flow of fuel into the carburetor.
If the breather is dirty, the working chainsaw stalls, and when started, it refuses to start. The thing is that air stops flowing through the hole. As a result, a negative pressure (vacuum) is created inside the fuel tank, which prevents the flow of gasoline to the carburetor.
Defining the problem is pretty straightforward. Disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor and see what happens to the gasoline. If it flows freely in a good trickle, then everything is in order with the breather. If it is absent or it flows weakly and intermittently, then the reason is identified. the breather is clogged with dirt. You can solve the problem by cleaning the air hole with a regular needle or a powerful jet of compressed air.
Partner chainsaw will not start Carburetor diagnostics and repair Carburetor adjustment
Partner chainsaw repair Carburetor repair Carburetor adjustment.