Chainsaw Stihl 180 How To Thin Gasoline
Chainsaw Stihl 180 How to Dilute Gasoline
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw is used to prepare a supply of firewood in private houses and small farms, improve the garden area, crown shrubs, with its help, of course, clear the area and do various work of various levels of difficulty, including felling trees and cutting wood species. It is a multifunctional device though. Already today, it will not be difficult to use various attachments for repair and construction work.
The device of the Stihl 180 chainsaw is simple, the developers have made a lot of effort so that the household device has the advantages of a professional model for our client and is available to newcomers in this direction. Design features allow users with different levels of training to operate the device:
- The carburetor circuit of the Stihl 180 chainsaw allows you to adjust the unit without the help of others using a specially designed screw.
- The design allows the use of tires of various sizes. The ordinary, provided by the manufacturer, the tire for the Stihl 180 chainsaw is fourteen inches, as needed, you can easily install the model in sixteen inches. This feature provides a significant increase in productivity.
- A two-stroke single-cylinder engine operates on a consistency consisting of only 2 components. gasoline and oil, the choice of which must be treated with great care, because for this reason the quality and service life directly depend.
- To start the engine, you will need to pull the starter wire.
- Engine and starter.
- Ignition module and clutch.
- Flywheel (plays the role of a cooling element).
- Saw chain brake.
- Air filter and replaceable filter elements.
- Fuel (250ml) and oil (145ml) tanks.
- Chain tension adjustment mechanism.
- Control knobs.
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw has properties that correspond to the light class. She is armed with tanks of small volume, with all this it has a low weight. 3.9 kilograms. Motor power with a nominal value of two horsepower or 1500W, easily copes with any set tasks.
Which fuel to choose for a chainsaw is a no-brainer, the success of the unit directly depends on it. According to existing canons, good gasoline for a chainsaw is considered not leaded, but high-octane from a trusted manufacturer. The cleaner the fuel, the better. If gasoline has been stored in the canister for a year or a year and a half, this will adversely affect the nature of the device’s operation, therefore, the substance should be prepared before starting work.
It is important to monitor that the fuel is free from alcohol, any additives that can disrupt the functioning of the power plant. Experts are still debating which is better than 95 or 92. The first has more stable detonation rates, but most often the 92nd is still used. The reason is simple: questions often arise by the 95th, it contains a large number of various additives that have a bad effect on the operation of the saw engine. Micro-knock (piston impulse in the opposite stroke) occurs, which occurs practically at every revolution of the crankshaft. If the octane number is even higher (98), then the micro impacts will become even more intense.
The consequences of improper gasoline on the quality of the unit’s operation can only be negative:
- The mechanism will be difficult to start.
- The power will be minimal.
- Parts will wear more intensively.
How much oil is required to add to gasoline?
Types of oils used for dilution in gasoline
Chainsaws do not have oil pumps, so combustible mixture alone cannot be used. You should carefully read the instructions that are attached by the manufacturer to each product. There is a lot of information on the Internet, it is not difficult to find it.
If there is no lubrication, the saw will fail after a short time. It is recommended to do preventive maintenance of the unit, fill in properly diluted fuel, in this case the tool will function for many years.
If you take, for example, a Husqvarna chainsaw, then unleaded gasoline with the first addition of grade 92 is suitable. If the composition has a greenish color, then this indicates that the product is a premium class. AI-92 is the optimal product that can be suitable for such a device. On average, professionals advise adding 20 to 50 ml of machine oil per liter. If the power of the unit is one and a half kilowatts, then only 25-27 ml of oil is required.
How to dilute engine oil and gasoline, in what proportions? This question arises for all users. First you need to stock up on containers:
- Measuring liter bottle
- A watering can, which will allow you to pour the substance into the tank
The process of mixing oil and gasoline is technologically simple. It is important to follow safety precautions so that static electricity does not accumulate, not a drop of water gets into the fuel.
Types of oils used for dilution in gasoline
What proportions should be done? The engines are mostly two-stroke, so the mixture is usually 1:50. Russian-made chainsaws function with products of the following brands:
For foreign analogues, it is permissible to use two liters of gasoline per 80 grams of oil. Foreign saws are distinguished by economical fuel consumption, the proportions of oil in them vary from 40 to 49 shares.
Oil shades can vary significantly, this should be taken into account during operation. For example, HP produces reddish engine oil. If the composition has a greenish (sometimes blue) tint, then this is a sure sign that the product is synthetic premium. The quality of such compositions is high, the cost is also rather big.
How to dilute gasoline for a Stihl 180 chainsaw. Features of running in a Stihl 180 chainsaw
If you have chosen a model of the presented brand, then immediately after the purchase the question arises. how to run in a new Stihl 180 chainsaw? First of all, this process involves checking and preparing the tool for daily use.
- You will need to treat the engine, as well as the rotating elements with a special lubricant.
- After the oil is added to gasoline, the entire piston group on the Stihl 180 chainsaw is also thoroughly processed.
- Please note that it is necessary to give lubrication to each element, first at idle, and then during the working stroke.
- It is important that the oil for the Stihl 180 chainsaw is original, you should not try to save money, as this can lead to quick wear or the accumulation of waste.
- It should be noted that the octane mark must be at least ninety points.
- Try to take breaks to prevent equipment overheating. Gas flow is acceptable, which is typical for both idle and operating modes.
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw, whose operating manual is extremely simple and understandable, can be fully serviced by the user himself, but at the same time, if you do not have the proper experience or you are simply not confident in your abilities, contact the specialists. Qualified craftsmen will not only run the unit, but also change the filter for the Stihl 180 chainsaw, candles and other components.
How to start a Stihl 180 chainsaw correctly?
If you do not know how to start a Stihl 180 chainsaw “cold”, you should strictly follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and requirements, following the algorithm:
- Turn on the ignition (how to set the ignition on the Stihl 180 chainsaw is indicated in the device passport).
- Install the control lever at the lowest point (this way the carburetor choke will block air from the filter, and the throttle will be fully open, and the fuel mixture can be enriched).
- Pull the starter handle several times before the first flash goes off. This will signal that the mixture has entered directly into the cylinder, and your unit is ready to start.
- Now you can move the lever up one section, while the throttle valve will remain in the same position, and the air will open.
- You just have to pull the starter. At the same time, the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw will operate at increased speeds.
If you need to set the throttle to idle, simply pull the throttle trigger and release it immediately. After that, the device will return the speed to normal.
Chainsaw Stihl МС 180 specifications
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw has characteristics that correspond to the light class. It is equipped with small tanks, while it has a low weight. 3.9 kilograms. Engine power rated at two horsepower or 1500W, easily copes with any task.
How to prepare the mixture?
In order for the equipment to serve for a long time and properly cope with its functions, you need to know exactly how much oil you need to add to gasoline for the Stihl chainsaw. Previously, we found out that it is better to use a lubricant product from the manufacturer Stihl and unleaded AI92 or AI95 gasoline as components. Leaded fuel grades negatively affect the operation of the unit and disable it. With such components, 20 ml of oil is added to the mixture per liter of gasoline. Any violation of the proportions leads to the appearance of carbon deposits on the spark plugs and pistons, as well as the formation of scoring. The oils used can be green, blue or red.
Their presence is easily determined by the color of the mixture. To dilute fuel, often complete with equipment, a special canister is attached. These containers have graduated marks and two holes. The user only needs to fill the tank with the components of the mixture to the required marks, close the lids and mix. Some people use plastic bottles and syringes to measure oil for this purpose. In this case, it is necessary to ensure that foreign particles or water do not get into the container, all this will worsen the operation of the engine.
How to dilute gasoline for a Stihl 180 chainsaw?
Most owners of saws of this model are wondering what gasoline to pour into the Stihl 180 chainsaw and what proportions with oil must be observed. The best option is a ratio of 1/50, which means that for five liters of ready-made mixture, you only need 100 milliliters of oil.
How to mix gasoline with oil
You can extend the operating life of the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw using a high-quality, properly prepared fuel mixture. Quite often, AI-2 or AI-95 gasoline is used for this model. Please note that only unleaded gasoline is allowed, which can save the engine from premature damage.
Choice of oil for chain lubrication
In addition to the motor, for which all the proportions of oil and gasoline for the Stihl chainsaw have already been found out, there is another important part, consisting of many moving links. the chain. For its lubrication, not motor oil, but chain oil is used. It has completely different properties and is cheaper.
For a new tool, only oils from the manufacturer are used, which are recommended in the instructions. Otherwise, if the saw breaks down, it will be removed from warranty service due to non-compliance with the operating conditions. It should be noted that the oils from the manufacturer are of really high quality. After the end of the warranty period, you can use any engine oil, changing it twice a year.
Even experienced lumberjacks do not always correctly mix the fuel mixture for a chainsaw if the work is done in a hurry.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Prepare a plastic container containing 2.5 liters or less;
- A measuring container must be present. many use a conventional medical syringe;
- First, fuel is poured into the container, and then an accurately measured portion of oil;
- The finishing task is scrupulous dissolution of the oil product by actively shaking the consistency.
After that, the finished flammable product is recommended to be stored for 14 days. If more, the oil will settle to the bottom of the container. A new shake-up of consistency is required. Busy people often forget about this.
What gasoline and oil is better to choose for refueling a Stihl chainsaw
The durability and reliability of a chainsaw is determined not only by the conditions of its operation, but also by the quality of the fuel used for refueling. In addition to the special conditions of use, when grinding parts in the first few refuelings, attention must also be paid to the quality of the fuel mixture.
Professional Stihl chainsaws are equipped with two-stroke engines that require high-quality fuel. a metered mixture of high-octane gasoline and oil, designed to operate the engine at high speeds. The correct choice of gasoline and oil for the Stihl chainsaw is the key to a long and successful operation of this unit.
The manufacturer for the chainsaw Partner has developed an original ratio of the proportion of fuel and oil for two-stroke power plants:
There are moments of non-compliance with the standard approach to dilution with a lubricant of the company’s own production. This is when the internal combustion engine goes through the running-in stage. A combustible mixture of 1:40 is allowed for the engine.