Circular From Angle Grinder How It Ends
The circular saw is one of the main tools of the carpentry shop. For the circular shape of the saw blade, it is also called circular saw. It performs most of the primary woodworking operations. Let us consider in more detail the device and characteristics of the stationary electric circular.
Types of stationary circular saws
Stationary circular with CNC
Depending on the size, weight and power, stationary devices can be divided into three categories:
- Stationary with cast closed base;
Each species is able to produce very accurate cuts of wood. But their cost, work comfort and capabilities vary.
Advantages of stationary models:
- A powerful base dampens vibration, increasing the accuracy of the cut;
- A large working plane allows you to saw parts up to 125 cm wide;
- The machine is tuned very precisely;
- Equipment with a power of more than 1.5 kW is connected to a three-phase electric network with a voltage of 380 V;
- The weight of the machine is 80. 300 kg.
Circular Saw Design
Stationary circular saw device
The stationary circular saw is designed to work in large carpentry shops, sawmills and woodworking industries. Being installed on a powerful base, it easily copes with cutting large logs. It features high power and depth of cut.
The design consists of the following elements.
The base (bed) for stationary models is only cast, cast iron or steel. It provides sufficient stability and massiveness. Such machines are installed only on a hard floor: asphalt or concrete.
The working surface can be made of steel or cast iron, it is smooth, polished. Lighter machines may have brushed aluminum. A groove has been made under the saw in the countertop. On the surface there are various guides and measuring devices.
The drive of electric stationary circulars is powerful, it is an electric motor and a pulley, on which the saw blade is directly put on. For more powerful models, the drive is carried out using a V-belt drive. The drive is placed under the countertop, attached directly to it. For lightweight stationary saws or for the case. For professional ones.
The protective box does not allow sawdust to fly towards the operator.
A wedging knife prevents the joining of just sawn sections of the log under the action of layer tension. It is installed immediately behind the saw wheel and is part of the security system: the knife prevents the material from returning. Most models are equipped with a knife, you should pay attention to its presence.
The material handling device can only be found on the most powerful automatic machines.
Main characteristics of a stationary circular saw
Closed bed circular
Power is the first indicator for a circular. The more powerful the electric motor, the greater the capabilities of the tool:
- The device allows you to process hard wood, wet and frozen trunks;
- The greater the power, the larger the processed lumber can be;
- The longer the machine can work without interruption.
A device with a power of less than 1.5 kW will not satisfy the needs of a professional; for intensive work, an engine power of more than 2 kW is required. The only negative of powerful machines is the high energy consumption.
Depth of cut. The size of lumber that you can dissolve depends on this characteristic. Depth is determined by the size of the saw blade and the strength of the engine.
The maximum size of the workpieces. Although most stationary models are equipped with 250 mm discs, the size of the workpiece largely depends on the dimensions of the countertop. They should be paid attention to those who often cut sheets.
Speed or frequency of rotation of the saw wheel. Affects the quality and speed of the work. If speed is important in the preparation of timber, then in the carpentry workshop neatly sawn, without chips and cracks surfaces are required.
Soft start allows you to reduce the load on the engine and mechanical parts of the machine. This is an additional function that not all stationary circulars are equipped with.
Sawdust removal is carried out with a vacuum cleaner, which is connected to the pipe provided for this, located under the countertop. When sawing wood, a lot of dust is released and not every machine has the ability to collect it. It is best implemented in models with a closed bed.
Emergency disk stop refers to the machine security system. Only expensive machine tools made in the USA, Canada, and Germany are equipped with it. The disk stops instantly as soon as a human hand touches it.
Lightweight stationary circulars
Lightweight stationary circular
Lightweight circular saws are good for home use, small workshops. The bed can be made of cast iron or steel, but it is necessarily open. A number of models of the legs can be removed for transportation. Some machines are equipped with additional “wings” to increase the area of the countertop.
The second difference from the powerful stationary models is the lightweight suspension. It attaches directly to the bottom surface of the desktop. The power of the machines does not exceed 2 kW, they are powered from a household power supply with a voltage of 220 V. The maximum width of the workpiece being processed is 90 cm. The weight of such devices is not more than 150 kg, and the vibration is much stronger.
Hybrid Stationary Circulars
Hybrids combine a compact body, low cost, work from household electrical networks and the reliability of stationary saws with a closed bed. Due to closed “entrails” they work much quieter than lightweight ones, with less vibration and a more efficient dust removal system.
Most hybrid circular machines work with workpieces with a maximum width of 75 cm and have a capacity of up to 2 kW.
Presentations of several stationary circular saw models:
Stationary type circular saws are quite expensive on the market. However, if you wish, you can make a model with your own hands. This will require a standard set of tools. A welding machine is used to install the frame. To fix the saw blade, you need a drill. Before assembling the device, please note that the design of the circular saws can vary greatly.
Hand saw model
A circular saw (stationary) with your own hands from a hand saw is done quite simply. First of all, you need to assemble a table. For this, metal profiles are used. The ends of the workpieces are connected using a welding inverter. The saw blade itself is mounted on the holder. A simple stationary circular saw from a manual do-it-yourself is assembled with a small width pulley.
In some cases, a cover is used to protect the device. The support for the circular saw is often used rack and pinion type. Modifications with cam pins are very rare. Collector motors are installed with a power of 3.3 kW or more. In this case, it is more advisable to make the platform from a steel sheet.
Devices from the washing machine
A circular saw (stationary) is assembled with your own hands from the washing machine is quite simple. For this purpose, a motor is taken. It is recommended to select a saw blade with a diameter of up to 30 cm. The pin is used with a crankshaft. Many experts advise installing rails up to 33 cm long. The working plate is placed on the front of the frame. The feed mechanism in this case can be omitted. In order to fix the frame, a metal corner is used. The flange is most often installed behind the caliper. At the end of the work, it is important to fix the flywheel.
Modifications with one emphasis
Very often, specialists are going to do a circular saw with their own hands. Drawings on designs with one emphasis can be found in a wide variety. Many of them involve the use of cam lunettes. Experts primarily recommend starting assembly from the frame. Legs in this case can be made of wooden blocks.
After installing the working plate, guides are placed. A horizontal shaft must be secured above them. A corner is attached to the edge of the platform, and the casing is rarely used in the construction. There are also many models with a drive backrest. They differ in large dimensions. The bearing row is usually mounted above the plate. In some cases, the support is welded near the pin.
With several stops, it is quite difficult to assemble a circular saw with your own hands. Modification drawings indicate the need for a guide pin. The assembly of the model begins with the frame blank. For this, profiles are selected from stainless steel. It is also important to note that the racks can be fixed using a welding inverter.
Working plates are installed last. Sometimes a circular saw (stationary) is made with a do-it-yourself 3 kW collector motor. A flywheel is used to adjust the position of the lunette. The bed in this case should be fixed on racks. To change the position of the platform, a support is used.
Drawings of the device with cranked ratchet
A circular saw is made with a cranked ratchet stationary with his own hands (photo is shown below) using a rack support. In some cases, a feed mechanism is used. First of all, when assembling, it is important to do the installation of the lower frame. For this, two stainless steel profiles are selected. To install the bearing row, a welding inverter is required.
It is also used to connect desktop guides. The pin is only installed with a cross member. A metal corner is soldered to the edge of the table. At this stage of the assembly, it is important to calculate the distance to the saw blade. On average, it is 22 cm. In order to protect hands, a wooden fence is used. It is important to fix the guides behind the bar. The lunette is most often installed behind the flange. For the flywheel to rotate freely, not a large lining is required. It is fixed behind the guides.
It is also important to note that modifications without a support are very common. The pins are used with gearboxes. In order to protect the hands, a small shield is installed. The bed is most often used with sharpened ends. The lunette in the design is fixed on the platform. If we consider simple models, then the guides can be used from wood. The collector motor is used for both 3 and 5 kW. Work on assembling the saw by installing the stops is nearing completion.
Sizes of saws with two lunettes
With two lunettes, a circular saw (stationary) is very easy to assemble with your own hands. The dimensions of the table in this case depend on the diameter of the saw blade. The width of the platform, as a rule, does not exceed 35 cm. In order to assemble the modification, the bed is put in the first place. Metal profiles are selected at 3.4 cm. The pins are mainly installed behind the lunettes.
In some cases, the beds are placed on two emphasis. Pinol is used with a worm gear. If we consider large-sized modifications, then they use wide racks. It is also important to note that it is more advisable to install the lower block at 56 cm. In order to adjust the lunette, a rotary flywheel is used. Directly the saw blade is placed behind the caliper.
Modifications to the TS 820 Series
You can make a saw of the specified series yourself. For this purpose, the frame is installed with a width of 34 cm. The angle for the stop is easiest to make from a metal profile. The bearing row is attached to the rack with screws. Many experts advise installing lunette last. Guides for a saw are selected by 34 cm.
The handicraft is easiest to make from a wide bar. The collector motor is mounted on a saw with a power of 3 kW. The gearbox is attached to a rack on the platform. The saw blade is locked to the drive shaft. The support for normal operation of the modification should be firmly fixed. In order to protect hands, barriers can be used.
How to make a model like TS 825?
With the availability of tools, this stationary circular saw with one’s own hands is easily made. Drawings for this design can be found in a wide variety. However, the most common are schemes for two lunettes. The bearing row in this case is installed behind the cross member. The collector motor is selected not high power. The pin should be installed in the central part of the work platform.
The feed mechanism in this case is not required. In order to fix the plate, a metal corner is used. Guides for a saw are used small height. For the free movement of the lunette, a flywheel with a rotary mechanism is used. The bottom block must be well protected. It is also important to pay special attention to the installation of the bed. Legs for the construction can be made from ordinary bars. Directly saw blade is placed near the central rack.
Assembling the GKS 190 Series
This circular saw (stationary) do-it-yourself can only be assembled using a 4 kW collector motor. The bearing row can be mounted behind the stand. A small flywheel is used for this purpose. It is also important to note that the pin is allowed to be used at 5.6 cm. The gearbox is most often installed behind the backrest. All this is necessary for the free rotation of the shaft. The bed in this case is easiest to make of bars. Racks are more appropriate to select a small width.
The flange is usually mounted on the edge of the platform. In this case, the drive shaft should not be in contact with the guides. The guarding tape is most often mounted behind the front pillar. The width of the platform should not exceed 68 cm. The shield is easiest to install on the screws. However, it must be at a safe distance from the gearbox. Particular attention should be paid to the lower supports. To increase stabilization, it is recommended to use only wide profiles. The height of the support in this case should not exceed 30 cm.
Modifications to the GKS 156 Series
This circular saw (stationary) is hard to assemble with your own hands. First of all, it is important to note that the motor will need 4 kW. In this case, many experts advise using only steel rails. Install them after the front pillar. The handicraft is most often made from a bar. It is also important to note that the design will require a wide emphasis.
It is advisable to install the shield near the rear support. The bearing row is mounted together with a rack. At this stage, it is important to calculate the exact distance to the saw blade. The minimum clearance is 3 cm. The bed is most often used on four legs. In order to install the guides, a welding inverter is used. The lower block is mounted under the gearbox. It is important to fix the lunette securely, and ratchet in this case is not required.
How to make a model like GKS 144?
The indicated circular saw (stationary) is assembled on a motor with a power of 2.2 kW, and the bed is selected at 40 cm. The bearing row is fixed in front of the rack. Guides are easiest to use with a small width. It is also important to note that one flywheel is required to assemble the device. He is obliged to fasten in the rotary mechanism. It is more expedient to make a shield of steel sheet. The casing in this case is not required. The legs can be mounted directly around the corner. The lunette for a saw is selected not wide. The carrier plate is fixed last.
Assembling the K-CS 1300 Series
The indicated circular saw (stationary) with your own hands is assembled quite simply. The bed for the model is used at 34 cm. In this case, the bearing row is installed behind the rack. Directly the saw blade is placed after fixing the guides. Particular attention should be paid to the collector motor. In this case, its power must be at least 4 kW.
The flange is used with a steel plate. It is more advisable to install the handrail behind the front desk. To this end, two holes are made on the working platform. It is important to fix the lunette near the motor. Saw blade guards are not required. The lower block should immediately be selectively high. The caliper should be used with a roller mechanism.
Modifications to the K-CS 1325 Series
Devices of this series are assembled using 3 kW collector motors. If you believe the experts, then the handcuffs are best used in wood. It is also important to note that the support should be installed on top of the workpiece. Ratchet in this case is not installed on the saw. The gearbox is used with one bracket.
7 parts of the body that should not be touched Think of your body as a temple: you can use it, but there are some sacred places that cannot be touched. Research showing.
Unforgivable errors in films that you probably never noticed. There are probably very few people who would not like to watch films. However, even in the best movies there are mistakes that the viewer may notice.
11 strange signs indicating that you are good in bed Do you also want to believe that you give your romantic partner pleasure in bed? At least you don’t want to blush and I’m sorry.
How to look younger: the best haircuts for those who are over 30, 40, 50, 60 Girls in 20 years do not worry about the shape and length of the hairstyle. It seems that youth was created for experiments on appearance and bold curls. However, already the last.
15 symptoms of cancer that women most often ignore Many signs of cancer are similar to symptoms of other diseases or conditions, so they are often ignored. Pay attention to your body. If you notice.
What can a nose shape say about your personality? Many experts believe that looking at the nose can say a lot about a person’s personality. Therefore, at the first meeting, pay attention to a stranger’s nose.
Circular saw, in the old way. Circular saw, circular. This is a machine designed for woodwork and wooden products. The main operations are the dissolution of boards, bars along or across the long side, as well as the sawing of plywood, fiberboard, OSB and other similar materials.
The circular saw is of two types:
- Manual execution. Characterized by low weight, mobility. It can perform almost all the functions of a circular saw. This limitation is imposed by the dimensions of the power tool itself.
- Stationary execution. A machine mounted on a massive bed. It is characterized by the ability to perform operations with bulky workpieces.
This article is about a stationary tool. It discusses the working conditions, characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of circular saws.
Types of stationary tool
Circular saws vary in power, purpose. Large-sized professional tool involved in woodworking plants, sawmills, for example, sawing logs into boards and beams. For small production volumes, smaller saws are used. Their size is placed in a volume of up to 8 m³. This is the most common type that is used in private sector, small and medium business. Such machines are divided into three groups:
- Domestic use. Have a cut depth of 40-50 mm;
- Bench-top performance. Cut depth 50-55 mm;
- Stationary, with installation on a bed. The cut depth is 60-140 mm.
Stationary circular saw device
- Bed. It is a construction made of cast or prefabricated (welded) material.
- Cast. Used for powerful saws, is distinguished by great weight and stability. Requires a strong base. A concrete reinforced pillow.
- Prefabricated (welded). Found application for small machines, including tabletop. Its dismantling and relatively low mass allows the unit to be transferred to another place, that is, it has mobility.
- Desktop. Made of cast iron, steel or polished aluminum sheet. It has a flat surface with slots for circular saws. Guide rails are mounted on the table.
- Drive unit. It consists of an electric motor and a saw shaft on which a circular saw is mounted.
- The mechanism for supplying working material. It is installed on sufficiently powerful machines with automatic control.
- Propping knife. Prevents the closing of the sawn parts of the workpiece.
- Protective cover. Protects the operator and surrounding parts of the wooden workpiece (sawdust) from spreading.
Stationary Saw Specifications
- Electric motor power. With an increase in power, the capabilities of any unit increase. For a circular saw, this means:
- Increase in the depth of cut;
- The ability to process very dense materials (oak, beech, larch);
- With increasing power, the duration of the saw increases;
- A negative factor. An increase in power increases the total weight of the machine, makes it difficult to transport a circular saw.
- The speed of rotation of the circular saw. Processing speed directly affects the surface finish. An important characteristic. It is required when processing semi-finished products for the manufacture of furniture with obtaining the most even surface without chips or processing parquet dice.
- Depth of cut. It implies the ability to process wood raw materials in one pass. In other words, whether the machine can pass a certain thickness immediately, in one cut.
- The slope of the cut. An additional option provided by manufacturers. Extends the capabilities of the tool.
- The presence of a soft start function. It eliminates the impact of mechanical impact on the drive, shaft and circular saw, thereby increasing the tool life.
- The function of removing sawdust. Provided by connecting an industrial vacuum cleaner. Reduces pollution of the surrounding area, improves the view of the cut line.
Advantages and disadvantages
Consider the pros and cons of stationary circular saws on the bed and tabletop execution.
The advantages of machine tools on the bed
- The presence of cast iron bed and countertops can significantly reduce the level of vibration, arising from the processing of wooden blanks. Increases processing accuracy, reduces noise.
- Possibility to connect to 220 or 380 volt mains.
- It is possible to process workpieces up to 1250 mm wide.
- The design of the machine allows you to set the exact settings for processing the part.
- Equipped with a dust cover that can be connected to a vacuum cleaner.
- Weight is in the range of 90-160 kg.
Disadvantages of machine tools on the bed
- Due to insufficient power, difficulties can arise when working with dense, viscous materials (oak, larch, wet wood).
- The pendant is attached to the countertop, which complicates the setting of processing modes.
- Due to design features, the engine extends beyond the machine by 400-500 mm, which increases the overall dimensions of the structure.
The cost of various models of stationary machines on the bed, depending on the configuration and equipment, reaches up to 800 US dollars.
Advantages of desktop machines
- Light weight, mobility;
- Small overall dimensions;
- The presence of a chassis on wheels;
- Food is carried out from a network of 220 volts;
- The width of the workpiece can exceed 600 mm.
Cons of desktop machines
- Increased engine noise;
- The absence of a massive bed causes increased vibration, which negatively affects the accuracy of cut;
- Limited dimensions of workpieces in width and thickness.
Choosing a machine, one must proceed from their needs and capabilities.
Recommendations that may be needed when choosing a machine
- Determine the type, type of material to be processed, the volume and size of the workpiece, the accuracy of the manufacture of the part.
- Based on the data on the processed material, the engine power is selected, while it is necessary to take into account the conditions where the machine will be used, that is, the presence of a power network of 380 or 220 volts.
- Depending on the required accuracy of execution and prospects for future work, the design of the machine is selected: on a massive cast bed, prefabricated metal base or desktop version.
- Possibilities of expanding the functions of the machine with the help of additional equipment.
- Evaluate the prospects for the use of equipment from a financial point of view. The greater the engine power, the performance on a closed cast bed, an expanded list of functions, the higher the price of the machine. Will the expenses be justified or can a simpler tool be dispensed with?
Examples of use of saws
- You are building wooden houses. You will obviously need a fairly powerful machine on a cast bed with the ability process boards with a thickness of at least 50 mm and a length of up to 6 meters. The only limitation is the power of the mains. It is better if it is possible to bring a cable with a voltage of 380 volts.
- You have a small business installing wooden doors. For these purposes, a desktop machine is sufficient. Engine power in the range of 1-2 kW is enough. The main thing is that the machine has devices that allow you to process parts at different angles in different planes.
Note: regardless of the type of circular saw, remember that this tool is a hazardous equipment! Therefore, when working, never forget about safety. Home-made circular saw in the.
- Chainsaw Carb Adjustment A carburetor is one of the nodes in the fuel supply system in an internal combustion engine. It is intended for the formation of a mixture of fuel and air with the adjustment of its supply to the chambers [.]
- Chainsaw Adjustment A chainsaw is a hand tool designed to work with wood material. It is equipped with a gasoline internal combustion engine. It is a complex constructive device. In […]
- Attachments for mini tractors The mini-tractor in agriculture is an indispensable friend and helper. What kind of work does he not have to cope with: digging the soil, applying fertilizers, and spraying [.]
- Circular saw blade: choose the right one The circular saw blade is a working tool for cutting various materials. It is an integral part, without which it is impossible to carry out any operations on [.]
Do you like the article? Share:
The presence in the household of the necessary minimum tools for simple work justifies the need to have a small box with the simplest tools in use.
But when it becomes necessary to carry out simple repairs or to realize the old dream of a small hobby, then it becomes necessary to purchase or independently manufacture a simple but very necessary carpentry tool. A stationary circular saw.
The practical application of such tools by different masters is different, in one they all agree on one thing, this is that such a machine is simply necessary in the home tool park.
In practical terms, a stationary circular saw is necessary:
- For longitudinal dissolution of wood;
- To trim the edges of a non-edged board to get even sides;
- To obtain the same size strips, rails, boards;
- To select part of the board (quarter) to create a tight connection of boards in the shield.
- In a purely economic plan, a circular is simply necessary for cutting firewood from waste from woodworking production.
However, if the issue of machine equipment is approached creatively and put a little more effort, then the result can be a machine with a whole set of universal functions:
How can I make a circular?
As with the invention of the bicycle, there is no definite answer, in each case it is its own path to search and discovery.
But, mainly on the question of how to make a circular saw, the masters make attempts in several directions:
- Improvement of existing hand tools, adapting them as the main parts. Electric motor and circular saw;
- Improvement of industrially manufactured tools for specific applications;
- Assembly of the machine from individual elements. Shaft, engine, bed;
- Independent manufacture of all parts of the structure, well, except, except for the electric motor.
Manual circular design
The simplest and relatively inexpensive way to manufacture a stationary machine for sawing wood using a circular saw will be the conversion of a manual mounting circular saw into a stationary one. The essence of the alteration is to create a standard model of a stationary bed and a desktop for an industrially manufactured sample.
Such a refinement will allow you to attach the saw up to the bed of the tool, fix it on the desktop, and thus be used as a small circular. The guide for cutting the planks is made of a steel corner 25×25 mm, it is attached to the desktop.
The frame itself is welded from the corners of 25×25 mm, given that the largest standard size of the circular saw is 230 mm, then such a frame is enough to create a light, portable but stationary saw, the main application of which is small work that does not require a long voltage of the electric motor.
This use case is implemented in some models of domestic and foreign manufacturers of power tools, in which any hard surface is used as the base of the machine, and the mounting saw itself is attached to the base with clamps.
Desktop small circular
This option involves the manufacture of the machine housing from a tree or iron corner or profile pipe, taking into account the fact that the placement of the tool will be in the desktop version. Since the foundation will be small, the use of such a tool opens up new possibilities. Such a woodworking machine allows you to work in any convenient place.
The principle of creating such a machine is similar to how a hand-held circular saw is created. For the base, a body, a top plate, a fixing device for fixing a mounting saw or an angle grinder are made, if an angle grinder is used as an engine.
Separately, to maintain maximum safety, it is necessary to provide a power button on and off the power tool, and a lock mechanism for the power buttons on the saw itself or an angle grinder.
For convenience, it is recommended that the guide bar be made with guides to fix the stop in the base case, thereby increasing the reliability of fastening. For clamping, it is recommended to use bolts with wing nuts, thus additionally creating convenience in operation.
Full stationary circular
A feature of such a full-fledged circular saw is its full-size case manufacture, the ability to more accurately adjust the position of the saw, a more powerful engine and, accordingly, a longer operating mode.
Making a stop and preparing the necessary holes
For a stationary saw designed for a longer operating mode, the presence of a reliable stop for fixing the thickness of standardly spreading boards is an important and necessary condition.
The emphasis itself is made of metal or using a metal base and individual parts made of wood.
The most acceptable option is to create a stop from a corner of 100×100 mm, with metal plates welded to it at least 5 mm thick with slots in length. The length of the stop should be no less than the length of the working plate of the circular. The length of the plates should correspond to the width of the working surface of the plate.
Holes are drilled through the working plate in the housing:
- On the edge through the frame of the machine;
- In the middle of the working plate.
The holes should form a regular rectangle with vertices in the center of the holes.
The holes are necessary so that nuts are welded on the inside of the machine in these places on the reinforced metal strip with a thickness of 5-6 mm to fix the clamping bolts of the stop.
When making an emphasis and drilling holes, it must be taken into account that the emphasis must be parallel to the plane of the saw.
Making the adjusting knob
Adjusting the depth of cut or the height of the saw over the worktop is regulated on the bed in two ways:
- The creation of a lifting mechanism of the working plate;
- The creation of an adjustment mechanism for lifting and lowering the axis of the circular saw and the belt drive engine.
The hoisting mechanism of the plate can be constructed by fixing the metal plate on the machine frame using long bolts. Lifting will be carried out by tightening the locking and fixing nuts on each bolt.
The lifting mechanism of the second type can be represented as:
- Guides along which the carriage moves with the shaft and motor;
- Adjusting bar with fixing nuts;
- Handles with an applied adjustment scale.
The adjustment rod itself can be replaced with a standard metal threaded rod. This option is even more advantageous than the invention of new methods.
The adjustment handle can be made by welding a metal plate to the end of the stud. At a distance of 4-5 mm from the center of the plate, combined with the center of the stud, holes are drilled for self-tapping screws.
For convenience, a rod is welded to the end of the plate so that it can be used to rotate the entire structure.
As a scale, you can use a round washer made of multilayer plywood or plastic. Put it on a hairpin and fix it, on the one hand, with self-tapping screws, and on the other. Squeeze it with a nut.
Having collected the entire lifting mechanism, a scale corresponding to a certain lifting height of the working plate is applied experimentally to the plywood.
Making a desktop tool
For comfortable work with machines, it is necessary to provide for other than the already mentioned elements, others, tools and devices necessary for normal operation:
- For convenience, it is recommended to apply a centimeter jackal on the working plate, “0” of which corresponds to the side of the saw blade;
- To protect against accidental chips and chips, it is recommended to provide for the installation of a protective screen made of transparent plastic over the disk;
- To facilitate cutting, when additional force is needed to press the board, it is recommended to consider installing a pinch roller or wooden clamping plates;
- To facilitate the work and prevent reverse breakdown of the board, it is necessary to provide the installation of thrust plates.
Necessary tools and materials
For the correct and reliable connection of parts, creating a rigid structure capable of withstanding heavy loads, you will need:
- Angle grinder with cutting wheels;
- Welding machine;
- Drill with a set of drills;
- Marking tool. Tape measure, meter, square, scriber, core;
- Consumables. Electrodes, brushes for metal;
- Clamps, vise
- Corners metal or profile pipe;
- Metal sheet for a working plate;
- Bolts, washers, nuts, studs;
- Metal strip;
- Hardwood boards;
Assembly technology for stationary installation of circulars
To create such a tool, it is recommended to carry out the work in the following sequence:
- Creation of a working sketch, general and detailed drawings;
- Marking up the main elements;
- Cutting blanks;
- Assembly of the machine frame;
- Marking and sawing out slots and holes in the working plate;
- Installation of the engine, shaft, lifting mechanism;
- Installation of electrical wiring;
- Manufacturing of additional equipment.
Other circular saw design options
In addition to the above option for a home mater, a rather interesting option is to create a universal base for installation on it using standard inserts of other power tools:
- Electric plane;
- Manual milling cutter;
As practice shows, the creation and successful operation of such machines allows not only to solve the problem of improving the home workshop, but also significantly saves money on the purchase of expensive equipment.
And although such machines, although they do not look quite aesthetically pleasing, they show excellent results in everyday work.
Do-it-yourself stationary circular saw. Detailed instructions
- Necessary tools and materials
- Assembly technology for stationary installation of circulars
- Other circular saw design options
- Making a desktop tool
A stationary circular saw, made with one’s own hands, is a useful and necessary tool in the household, which greatly facilitates the woodworking process. In order to make a circular saw with your own hands, you need to have the necessary tools and materials at hand, as well as be able to work with metal and know welding.
Circular saw device layout.
Necessary tools and materials
A home-made circular at home can be made in two different design options: stationary and desktop installation. These installations differ only in the height of the bed used in the construction of the unit. The choice of the bed height for the device depends on the frequency of operation of the installation and the desire of the master. If the saw is rarely used, then it can be done in the desktop version. This design is convenient in that, if necessary, the device is quickly dismantled and free space is freed up. If you plan to use the unit frequently, it is recommended that you make a stationary version of the installation yourself.
The structure of the stationary installation includes several nodes, the main of which are the table, saw blade, electric drive, adjustable emphasis and shaft.
To design the fixture, the following materials and tools will be required:
Scheme of working with a circular saw.
- Sheet metal with a thickness of at least 8 mm;
- Corner made of metal measuring 45×45 mm;
- Electric drive;
- Ball bearings;
- Manual apparatus for welding;
- Wood block;
- Piece of plastic or laminate.
The manufacturing process of the circulation saw is much easier if you make a drawing of the installation in advance.
The drawing should indicate all installation parameters. All elements of the unit are made in strict accordance with the previously developed drawing. After the manufacture of all structural elements, the assembly of the unit is carried out using a welder.
Assembly technology for stationary installation of circulars
The main detail of a homemade circular is the table. The table top of this structural element is made using sheet metal. The size of the countertops depends entirely on the desires and preferences of the master. The main requirements for the table, ensuring reliable stability and ease of use with the tool. If the installation of additional equipment is required, then the places for its installation can be closed using a sheet of plywood.
When designing and assembling a home-made installation, special attention should be paid to the height of the guide. The most convenient design option is considered one in which the guide protrudes 120 mm above the table surface. At this height, the board can be processed both in width and in thickness.
Circuit test performance of a circular saw.
When designing the installation guide, it is required to use two pieces of metal angle and a clamp, which is attached to them by manual welding. The manufacture of the guide from two pieces of the corner allows you to prevent its displacement during operation of the installation. A wooden beam and a strip of laminate are attached to the corners with the help of self-tapping screws. The length of the piece of laminate should match the length of the table.
In the manufacture of a circular saw, the table should be made adjustable in height, which will make the work process more convenient.
For mounting the electric drive and the installation shaft, a single site should be made. The platform is mounted on one axis in the form of a rocker arm. The platform is fixed using a bolt with a diameter of 15 mm.
On the side of the saw, a metal plate is fixed by welding, in which a hole must be made. It should be oblong in the direction of the beam. A lamb with handles is screwed onto the bolt passing through this hole, it is a latch. When using a 400 mm disk in this design, it is possible to process the board up to 240 mm wide.
Other circular saw design options
A circular mini saw can be made manually. When designing such a saw, it is best to use an angle grinder. To do this, some changes and improvements are made to the tool design. An axial handle and a sliding stop should be mounted on the tool body.
Electric drill circular saw.
To design the emphasis, two corners of metal are required. The corners are placed on the sides of the saw disk working element, which replaces the disk working element of abrasive material used on an angle grinder. The corners are fixed with a gap of 3-4 mm in size. Corners front and rear are bolted to nuts. Washers are used to maintain clearance. The lower edge used in the emphasis of the corners is rounded, which prevents the occurrence of gearing for the workpiece.
To fix the stop on the body, an angle grinder is secured with a clamp. This structural element is made of metal tape. The screed should be placed below. A strip of galvanized steel with a thickness of at least 1.5 mm is attached to the tape. A hole is made in the strip for the bolt of the sliding stop. Using washers, the required clearance is established between the working element and the lateral part of the stop. The clearance should be the same on both sides.
An axial handle is attached to the device body. For this purpose, the gearbox is disassembled. This is required in order to determine in which places you can make four holes for small bolts. The handle should be made from a piece of pipe. The handle should be shaped like a bracket; holes should be made at the ends of the bracket for fixing bolts. Under the handle, you need to fix a piece of the rod protruding forward. On the rod, make a hole for the axis 4-6 mm thick. For the convenience of using the device between the rod and the handle, the gap should be at least 100-150 mm.
Then the control rod is made. To construct this element of the device, a rod with a diameter of 4-6 mm is required. The end of the rod is flared, and with the washers on the front support of the stop, the same clearance is set over the entire length. The segment of the rod that enters the hole in the handle is equipped with a thread. A nut is screwed onto the rod, and then the rod is fastened with a second nut. With the help of nuts, the regulation of cut is carried out.
Making a desktop tool
A circular made from an angle grinder can be mounted on a bed. To do this, prepare a pipe with a diameter of 20 mm. The pipe should be bent in the shape of the letter “P”. A swing arm is mounted on the cross member. The lower part of the bed, curved horizontally, must be secured with bolts.
Scheme of use of a saw.
To acquire structural stability, additional slopes should be made and secured.
The swinging lever is put on the horizontal bar. The lever is made using two pieces of pipe that are welded in the shape of the letter “T”. The upper part of the structure is cut along. After the construction is put on, a circular saw is attached to the construction leg with clamps.
A circular grinder made from an angle grinder is the most common and easiest installation option for household use. The advantage of such a device is the simplicity of its design. In the manufacture of such a device, it is not necessary to design mechanisms that ensure the transmission of rotational motion from the electric drive shaft to the spindle. In order to construct a saw from an angle grinder, it is necessary to use a powerful tool model in the design of the device.
This design model has several drawbacks:
- A large diameter disc cannot be mounted on an angle grinder;
- An angle grinder can only be mounted on the side, which limits the width of the wood being processed.
Given the shortcomings, it is best for a household to design a stationary stationary saw that does not have restrictions on the width and thickness of the wood being processed.
Considering what a hand-held circular saw is and how to choose the best model for private use, it should be noted that this power tool is an indispensable tool in many agricultural work related to cutting wood and other building materials made on its basis (MDF, chipboard, etc.
Do-it-yourself band saw. Is this possible? There is an answer to this question, and it is positive. If you are a simple do-it-yourselfer who is faced with self-cutting of unprocessed logs during the construction of a wooden house, cutting wood, or if it was necessary to update a wooden fence, then a band saw with your own hands will help to cope with this problem quickly and easily.
Very often you have to make holes of different depths and diameters. For this purpose, such a tool as a self-made Yamobur is perfectly suited.