Disassembling Saw Stihl 180
Taking into account the wishes of users, on the basis of the main model, two technically advanced versions were developed. The MS 180 C-BE chainsaw features the STIHL ErgoStart easy start system, a quick chain tensioner located in the carburetor of the fuel compensator.
The characteristics of the multi-channel mixture formation of the engine and vibration damper have been significantly improved, the operator’s comfort has been increased due to the single-lever control scheme.
Another version of the Stihl MS 180 Picco takes advantage of the operational advantages of an automated lubrication system. This model only comes with 14 ” bars and saw chains with 50 links.
Correct adjustment of the fuel equipment allows you to combine economical fuel consumption and maximum traction characteristics in the operation of the power unit.
The factory adjustment of the chainsaw carburetor is made according to the average parameters, therefore, taking into account external factors, it needs additional adjustment.
The standard setup sequence is shown in the instructions. In order to adjust the carburetor for maximum performance and economy, you must first clean the air intake filter and warm up the engine to operating temperature.
The main reasons for the drop in thrust, excessive smoke, increased consumption of the fuel mixture are eliminated by changing the quality and quantity of the fuel-air emulsion by adjusting screws.
Chainsaws of various modifications are equipped with branded tires with a length of 14 and 16 inches, respectively, with STIHL Oilomatic 3/8 inch saw chains. Oil for cooling and full lubrication of the cutting mechanism is fed from a 150 ml tank into the cut by an unregulated oil pump.
The list of mandatory equipment includes a saw chain tensioner and a chain locking system that is triggered by a kickback or other traumatic moment. The chain stops in the shortest possible time from a light blow to the back of the protective barrier.
To date, calm headsets in terms of quality and durability are at the level of the best world and European samples.
Practical recommendations for eliminating typical fuel system malfunctions
- If a cold engine does not start, you must first make sure that the spark plug and the ignition system as a whole are working. The power unit starts up and stalls after several attempts. Perhaps the presence of water in the carburetor float chamber, contamination of the gas line or vacuum in the gas tank due to a malfunction of the drain valve.
- Difficulty starting and unstable rpm in operating modes can be caused by poor quality or prolonged storage of the fuel used. If the engine does not idle, there is every reason to check the cleanliness of the jets.
- Using the proprietary kit, the owner of the Stihl MC 180 saw can repair the carburetor at home. The product is disassembled in a certain sequence, before assembling the carburetor, you must make sure that the float is tight and both jets are clean.
Design and application features
In the work on the project, the designers used the versatile experience of operating previous models, advanced engineering solutions even for our time. Chainsaw performance geared towards the private sector and small-scale construction.
- The Stihl MC 180 saw successfully copes with sawing fuel wood, pruning large branches and forming crowns of fruit and ornamental trees.
- Compact dimensions determine its suitability for work in hard-to-reach places of erected log and timber structures.
- This tool is respected by its owners for its consistent performance across simple and complex sawing jobs, a high degree of operational reliability and a long service life.
- Functional malfunctions of the chainsaw in most cases are the result of unskilled care, excessive loads, unjustified savings on the quality and cost of fuels and lubricants and consumables.
According to the information received from the service services, new Stihl chainsaws are delivered for warranty repair in single copies. The main part of the repair assortment is models released after the 2000s, the operating and technical characteristics of which are restored by 96-98% with moderate material costs.
Over the past decade and a half, the design of the chainsaw has not become obsolete, moreover, it meets the basic requirements of the current regulatory standards.
The indisputable advantages of the Stihl MC 180 Model:
- Affordable price for a wide range of consumers;
- Optimal indicator of specific gravity;
- Ergonomic body configuration, shape and arrangement of handles, ensuring a reliable grip of the tool when performing labor-intensive and complex sawing operations;
- Operation, low-cost in terms of fuel consumption and the cost of the repair range;
- Stability of the working parameters of the tool throughout the entire service life;
- High maintainability and interchangeability of unified spare parts and consumables with models from previous years.
Repair of any equipment should begin with the preparatory work, and the Stihl 180 saw is no exception. At the preparatory stage, before the Stihl 180 chainsaw is disassembled, it is necessary to remove the side cover, chain and tire from the chainsaw. Further, with the help of a compressor and a brush, you need to clean the chainsaw from dirt, sawdust, oil drips and other.
In places with a large accumulation of oil, can be washed with clean gasoline.
After removing the starter, the open interior of the chainsaw must be cleaned, as the starter usually has a large amount of compacted sawdust.
Disassembly And Assembly Of Chainsaw Stihl 180
Home »Stihl 180 Chainsaw Disassembly And Assembly
Removing and dismantling the engine
The engine is held in place by four screws on the underside of the chain saws: Calm 180. To remove, unscrew the screws and then carefully pull the engine out of the seat and carburetor rubber tube.
To dismantle the engine, 4 crankcase screws are unscrewed and removed, then the crankshaft can be removed using a seal, bearings and piston rings.
Removal of bearings and seals usually does not require additional tools, but if the bearings have been pressed against the shaft with force, a special puller will be required for removal.
In order to remove the piston from the connecting rod, it is necessary to remove the retaining ring from the seat using a thin screwdriver, then the piston pin is squeezed out from the opposite side, after which the piston is removed to the side.
Carburetor, muffler and ignition coil
To remove the carburetor, you must have a head for 8 and an extension, with which it is convenient to unscrew the carburetor mounting nuts and air filter. Before dismantling the carburetor, it is necessary to disconnect the ignition wire and the choke rod from the engine control lever and remove the lever, only then remove the air filter and carburetor.
Muffler. The 180 pin is secured by two loose nuts, which must be pulled towards you, it can be easily removed.
Dismantling the Stihl 180 chainsaw part 1
Group :. Assembly and overview of details chainsaw Stihl MS 180.
After the piston is locked in the cylinder, the flywheel nut can be unscrewed. The thread in the nut is normal, so you need to turn it to the left. By loosening the nut, there is no need to remove it all the way, just unscrew it to the point where its upper edge is equal to the tip of the shaft, after which a soft metal knockout is placed on the nut and a sharp blow. Thus, the flywheel jumps off the shaft from a sharp impact, and it can be easily removed without the help of additional tools.
The saw in question can be considered a compact option, because its weight is only 3.9 kg. At the same time, it has a large oil and fuel tank. A two-stroke engine helps the device to perform its working functions, the power of which is sufficient for solving simple tasks. In addition to this, during operation, this instrument does not generate strong noise, the level of which does not exceed 98 dB. For ease of understanding, it is enough to say that human speech creates noise at a level of 76 dB.
- The Stihl 180 chainsaw has a power of 2.6 watts. In principle, this is sufficient, bearing in mind that we are talking about a tool for household use.
- The capacity of the oil tank is 0.145 l, the fuel tank is 0.25 l.
- Designed for 350mm tire with 0.325 inch pitch.
Removing the handle
Direct disassembly of the Stihl 180 begins with removing the handle, which is attached to the body of the chainsaw using three rubber shock absorbers. To remove, it is necessary to remove the plastic plugs from the inner cavity of the shock absorbers, then, using a powerful screwdriver, first squeeze out the upper shock absorber, then the one closer to the rear handle.
When the handle remains on one shock absorber, it is necessary to unscrew the body of the chainsaw from the inside of the handle and bend it to the side, remove the body from the last rubber band.
Dismantling the Stihl Ms 180 Chainsaw
Home »Dismantling Chainsaw Stihl Мс 180
Chainsaw Stihl mc 180. A concise overview of a reliable tool
The Stihl mc 180 chainsaw is a tool designed for cutting wood species in the cross direction. The equipment belongs to the state of the art for domestic use. The model differs from professional tools by the material of the working bodies and is designed for use at times, no more than 40 minutes per work cycle.
Removing the flywheel
The flywheel of the Stihl 180 chainsaw is twisted with great effort, so a head with a metal knob is required to remove it. The nut holding the flywheel is unscrewed by the head by 13.
To block the crankshaft from turning, you need to unscrew the spark plug and install the piston stopper through the spark plug hole, if it is not there, you can use the old starter cord, with knots imposed on it and immersed in the cylinder through the spark plug hole.
After the piston is locked in the cylinder, you can unscrew the flywheel nut. The thread in the nut is ordinary, so you need to turn it to the left. Having loosened the nut, it is not necessary to remove it to the end, it is enough to unscrew it until its upper edge is equal to the tip of the shaft, after which a soft metal drift is installed on the nut and a sharp blow is made on it. Thus, the flywheel from a sharp impact jumps off the shaft and can be easily removed without the help of additional tools.
Removing the starter
At the next stage, the upper housing cover is removed and the 4 starter mounting screws are loosened, after which it is necessary to remove the oil tank and fuel barrel covers. The starter is removed quite simply and there should be no problems.
After removing the starter, the opened inner cavity of the chainsaw must be cleaned, since usually there is a large amount of compressed small sawdust on the body under the starter.