DIY snow removal nozzle for tiller
Tiller snow plows
Effective clearing of the snow-covered area will be provided by specialized attachments for a self-propelled agricultural machine. There are 2 groups of devices:
- Snow plow attachment to the tiller. a device with an auger and a pipe for throwing snow. The throw range for different models varies from 5 to 15 m. The transmission from the PTO of the tiller to the drive pulley is belt.
- Blade-shovel. a snow removal attachment designed for raking snow masses. These devices are distinguished by a large working width, a rubber squeegee to protect asphalt paths and paving slabs from possible damage, adjustable blade height and angle of attack during operation.
How does a snow blower work
Consider how a snow blower works. A mounted snow blower for a tiller is an equipment that does not remove snow on the sides of the road, but, on the contrary, picks up the snow and transfers it to the auger. Such equipment is a combination of two pairs of Archimedean screws, which are made from several strips, equipped with teeth on the outer edge. This makes it possible to combine several parts of the screw in such a way that they go into one another. All this allows you to provide a fairly large area of snow capture.
The screws of the structure look into the center of the unit, snow enters there, which is processed by the knife. The rotating blades allow crushing the hardest crust into a large number of small lumps. It is important to understand that paired propellers connected to each other make it possible to move slowly raked snow. One turn of the screw carries out the resulting lump exactly one turn. Such a system is needed so that the throwing channel is not clogged with a snow mass, as this can lead to contamination of the rotor or fan.
The screw equipment has a second name. single-stage. This is due to the fact that the material from the conveyor goes directly into the bell, from where the snow is blown out with a powerful stream of air. The rotary equipment is already two-stage. rotary-auger. With the help of a screw, the collected snow passes into the mouth, where the rotor operating at high speed gives the mass a certain speed and throws it out. A jet of snow can in this case fly out at a distance of up to 25 m.
Choosing a snow blower for a tiller
A manual snow plow is an equipment that is only a direct snow removal device. It can no longer be used for any purpose, but it can be hung on any ordinary tiller.
Self-propelled devices are offered in more variety. The model range also includes structures that make it possible to remove large snowdrifts using a mini-tractor; they can be installed on medium and large agricultural machines. Of course, medium and large tractors are not suitable for cultivating household plots, as they are characterized by rather large powers. These capacities cannot be used to their full capacity, so the equipment will be partially idle, especially in the summer season, which is unprofitable due to the high cost and insufficient efficiency.
Therefore, it is worth making a choice between manual snow blowers and low-power mechanized devices. The second option is preferable for use if you need to clear a large area of snow. Tillers of some manufacturers, for example, Belarusian factories, are distinguished by a low price, but at the same time they are characterized by greater versatility than manual units.
You can also use an adapter that will make a mini-tractor out of the tiller. This is possible by installing another pair of wheels, after which it will be possible to use 2 types of attachments for tillers at once on the tiller.
A snow blower for a tiller, assembled with your own hands, is becoming more and more widespread. Reviews suggest that interaction with a self-propelled snow blower is more suitable for effective snow removal. It is not so difficult to assemble a snowplow for a tiller with your own hands, this will be discussed in the next paragraph.
How to make a snow blower for a tiller with your own hands
Consider how to make a do-it-yourself snow blower. The attachment to the tiller can be quite expensive for the user. Attachments for a tiller cost more than 20,000 rubles. In order not to spend a lot of money, you can make a homemade snow blower for a tiller. And to make a rotary snow blower for an all-terrain vehicle with your own hands, and auger. To make a snow blower for a tiller with your own hands, you can take the drawings on the Internet, and then start assembling.
First you need to define the basic contours of the bucket using small metal corners. The frame is assembled using conventional welding. After that, it must be covered with aluminum or iron sheets. Remember that if you are using aluminum, you need to additionally fasten it with rivets and bolts.
For a DIY tiller snow blower, the rear of the bucket should be reinforced so that a connecting piece can be fitted on it. Installation is carried out using special strips of steel material. From the inside, along the side walls, you need to lay special bushings equipped with bearings for the auger shaft. You can use any steel pipe for this.
In the center and along the pipe, it is necessary to make a slot where a metal plate is placed, which will serve as the impeller of the suspended unit and ensure the throwing of the snow mass into the outlet bell.
At the corners of the plate, you need to place the lugs in advance in order to subsequently fasten the screws there. Weld a key on one side of the pipe, where the transmission sprocket will be installed. In order for the key to be brought out, a hole must be made in the wall. After that, a snow plow auger is made: 2 pairs of rings are cut out of steel sheets, one side is cut on each one so that they can be opened.
The rings must be welded around the shaft. In order for the snow mass to be crushed, it is necessary to provide the rings with beveled teeth. At the end, install a bell, for which a steel pipe is fixed on the turntable.
The inlet must be securely fixed, and a good fan must be installed at its inlet, the role of which can be played by an old car stove. In order to feed the unit, it is necessary to install a generator that converts the power received from the rotation of the shaft into electricity. At the back of the bucket, make a mount on which the snow removal equipment will be hung.
The answer to the question of how to make a rotary snow blower for a tiller with your own hands can be found on the Internet, including a video of the process. Do-it-yourself snow blower drawings for the tiller are freely available. Attachments for tillers and motor-cultivators, made as a snowblower, will help to cope with heavy snowfalls and clear the area from snow drifts. Clearing snow with a tiller saves a lot of time and labor.
How to choose the right snow blower for your tiller: snow tiller attachment and attachment
The tiller snow blower is designed for clearing snow in winter. With its help, you can quickly and efficiently clear the required area from snowdrifts. Such an element of the tiller’s construction does not have to be purchased; it can be made independently. A homemade snow blower will save you a lot of money.
What is a tiller snow blower
Despite the huge variety, a snowblower for a tiller can be conditionally divided into 2 categories:
- self-propelled devices;
- hand-held devices.
According to the principle of operation, the technique is also divided into 2 types:
- auger snow blower;
The most reliable assistant in the fight against snow blockages is an ordinary large-sized shovel. Nevertheless, it is quite difficult to manually cope with clearing the snow cover, so in this case it is better to use minimal mechanization, for example, equip a snow blower tiller with attachments that will resemble the same shovel in shape and size.
The principle of operation of such a structural element is no different from manual cleaning. excess snow is removed from the road to one side.
It should be borne in mind that this method should be used only if you have somewhere to remove the snowdrifts. But when rubble is everywhere, you need another unit that works as a snow thrower. This device is not much more complicated in its structure, but in functionality it is much more efficient. Quite often, such equipment is equipped with a wheeled or caterpillar track, but recently they began to produce a mounted unit of this kind.
Let’s figure out what a homemade snow blower for a tiller consists of. The snow plow for the tiller is divided into 2 types:
- steam room located on a disc base;
- large brush located on the shaft.
If desired, you can use both devices at the same time. To do this, they are installed on vehicles that operate on their own. It is also allowed to place a pair of devices on the tiller if equipped with an adapter pair of wheels. By using both attachments at the same time, you can make the snow blower out of the tiller even more efficient. Including, it can be nozzles that play the role of a snow and swamp-going vehicle. so you can work on the machine not only in winter, but also in summer, on wetlands.
How to choose a snow tiller
If you are planning to purchase a snow tiller for cleaning snow in the winter on your personal plot, pay attention to the following points:
- Engine type. four-stroke gasoline. Tillers with such a motor have good performance and low weight. They also emit less exhaust gases and are cheaper than comparable diesel models.
- The snow plow must be equipped with a power take-off shaft. Such models work perfectly with active hinges for cleaning large and small amounts of precipitation: blade-shovel, brush, rotary snow blower (snow rotor).
- Choose a medium class (semi-professional). The weight (80-120 kg) and engine power (6-8 hp) of such tillers will be enough to remove a large amount of snow.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade or shovel for snow on a tiller: drawings, video
Making a blade from a pipe segment
A shovel blade for cleaning snow on a tiller can be made from a piece of large-diameter steel main pipe (see photo). The video shows how a functional attachment for snow removal can be made from an ordinary piece of scrap metal using improvised blanks and tools found in the garage.
- Align the pipe edges by cutting off any irregularities with an angle grinder.
- To clean the edge, as well as the inner and outer surface of the future snow shovel.
- For the manufacture of the mount, the following are used: a gear from a motor cultivator drive, a 200 mm long bolt with a lock nut and a piece of thick-walled steel pipe. A propeller shaft is taken as a rotary device, which will be attached to a homemade adapter from the tiller’s power take-off shaft. The video shows the manufacturing steps in detail.
- Make a “scraper” from dense thick rubber 15 mm thick by screwing the cut strips to the edge of the blade.
- For shock absorption on the swing-out mechanism, three powerful trampoline springs are used.
- In order to facilitate the work during snow removal work behind the tiller, it is necessary that the shovel blade is heavy. If the weight of the structure is not enough, it is necessary to consider a counterweight. In this case, metal “pancakes” are used.
Making a blade from a barrel
For the bucket, you need to select a barrel with thick walls. The best option is a stainless steel product. In the absence of a strong barrel, you can use the usual.
The work is carried out in the following sequence:
- Marking is applied to the barrel. On the bottom and sides, it is divided into 3 identical sectors of 120º each. The object is then cut by an angle grinder. The remaining parts of the bottom are trimmed along the chord. End pieces are needed to stiffen the bucket.
- If the tin is thin, then the 2 parts are folded together and fastened. It is advisable to lubricate the details with hot bitumen before joining. This will prevent corrosion, increase the weight of the bucket and reduce noise from metal striking stones and curbs. Fixation of parts is carried out with rivets or bolts.
- The perimeter of the resulting bucket is reinforced with a steel strip with a thickness of at least 3 mm. Fastening is carried out using welding, bolts or rivets. The upper and lower parts of the bucket are reinforced with semicircular inserts from the drum scrap.
- A conveyor belt is attached to the bottom of the bucket. The width of the protruding part should be between 3-10 cm, depending on the conditions in which it is planned to operate the snow thrower. The belt should be made removable to use the blade for handling bulk materials.
- The finished product is cleaned of rust, sagging and scale. It is treated with anti-corrosion agents and painted.
In a similar way, a bucket is made from a gas cylinder. Since its walls have sufficient strength, their additional reinforcement is not required.
Since the steel on the dump will constantly wear out and become thinner, it is advisable to immediately make a replaceable dump. As soon as the service life of the first stage product ends, you can immediately install a replacement in its place.
Blade manufacturing rules
The main rule that must be taken into account when drawing up homemade drawings is the correspondence between the amount of work and the power of the unit. Overloading can lead to increased wear of components and mechanisms, their breakdown and machine failure.
When planning the manufacture of a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, you must adhere to the following criteria:
- Strength. The knife must have a sufficient resource to serve for at least 5 years. All its parts and mechanisms must be made based on the maximum permissible load and strong impacts.
- Dimensions. A homemade shovel should not be too wide and high. The optimal dimensions are considered to be 80-130 cm wide and 30-50 cm high.
- The presence of a lifting mechanism. The tiller blade can be lifted hydraulically or by levers. This option allows you to remove snow from the yard or use the unit as a loader in the summer.
- Possibility of mounting a swivel joint. With the help of such devices, you can control the knives by tilting them up or down, right or left. The choice of the angle of attack allows for better shoveling of snow and debris away from the track.
- Mandatory installation of a dense rubber shock absorber strip on the bottom of the bucket. This device is necessary in order to protect the tiller from impacts, the bucket from deformation or breakage, and the roadway from mechanical damage.
- Quick installation and removal. Since the tiller is a multifunctional device, all manipulations on its equipment should be carried out promptly and without the use of complex equipment.
The blade layout assumes its installation on the front bracket, under the body or behind the unit. The most optimal is the frontal position of the blade. This position provides the highest quality cleaning.
The bucket made can have a horizontal or vertical orientation. The second option is chosen in cases where you have to work in cramped conditions.
Tools and materials
You can install a snow clearing knife on the frame of any motor-cultivator with a power of more than 4 hp. and a weight of at least 50 kg. The heavier the machine is, the better it will cope with the effects of a blizzard. It is best to equip the domestic tiller Neva with a shovel. This equipment has high performance, adapted to work in the most severe weather conditions with maximum load.
A do-it-yourself shovel for a tiller is made using the following devices:
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with discs for cutting and grinding metal;
- electric drill;
- set of wrenches;
- paint, paint brush.
After preparing the tool for work, it is necessary to decide on the material from which the shovel-blade for the Tiller Neva will be made. You can make a shovel from various metal products that have a sufficient margin of safety.
Dump on Tiller Neva can be assembled from the following materials:
- An old gas bottle. The thick walls of the cylinder are resistant to high mechanical stress. Having received such a blade, the tiller will be able to cope with compacted snow, level roads, move sand and gravel.
- Barrels with a volume of 200 liters. It should be borne in mind that the walls of the barrel are made of thin steel. Such a shovel for the Neva tiller can only be used to remove fresh snow, which did not have time to thicken and become covered with infusion.
- Metal strips. Bumpers from trucks or corrugated steel, which cover the floors of hangars and warehouses, are well suited for making a blade for a tiller.
In order to make a swivel mechanism, you need steel with a thickness of at least 10 mm. You can find such material at scrap metal collection points. The manufacture of fasteners involves the use of shaped steel pipes 20×40 mm.
When working on loose and deep snow, homemade snow removal equipment can get stuck. This problem can be solved with the help of tracks installed on the axle shaft of the unit. Homemade tracked snow blower can work in any conditions, productivity is not inferior to special equipment.
Attaching the bucket to the tiller
As a rule, all motor-cultivators have a standard bracket for attaching attachments. It is quite suitable for attaching a front blade. If necessary, an adapter is made to allow the bucket to turn to the right or left.
The mount is made in this way:
- A profile pipe is welded from the back of the bucket. To ensure a firm hold, it is advisable to duplicate the weld seam with several bolts.
- A semicircle with a diameter of 20-25 cm is cut from sheet metal 10 mm thick. The workpiece is welded to the shaped tube. Holes are made in it along the edge with an interval of 20 mm to set the angle of the bucket.
- A holder in the shape of the letter “L” is made from a square tube. The short side of the holder is fixed on the rotary sector, the other end is rigidly fixed on the tiller bracket. To adjust the height of the knife, use the bolts screwed into the adapter.
A simpler connection method is a system of lugs and clamps made of thick sheet steel.
How to make a snow blower for a tiller
In winter, after heavy snowfalls, you have to clean the area with a shovel. Many have thought about purchasing a snow plow for a tiller. If you have such a technique on your farm, you can upgrade it by installing a self-made snow nozzle on the tiller. Such a snow blower for a tiller will help you save energy, time for cleaning snow over a large area.
The screw mechanism is based on the principle of removing metal shavings on a drill for metal (Archimedean spiral). On the shaft there are spirals in the form of disks with an inclination towards the center of the shaft, near which there is an opening for ejection of crushed snow outside. When snow gets into these disks, it is crushed, and due to their inclination, it is shifted to the hole for ejection of snow. And due to the speed of movement of the shaft, it is thrown out through this hole. Of course, the higher the speed of the shaft, the further the snow is thrown.
The nozzle itself is completely metal. On the bottom, it has runners, like on a regular sled, to slide on the snow. From the rear there is a special trailer for connection to the tiller. Depending on the models, there is a connection at the side or at the back for the transmission of power to the auger by means of a belt drive.
Installing the nozzle
The installation itself is not difficult, it is within the power of almost any person, even a little versed in technology.
Let’s consider the installation using the example of the Tiller Neva. At the end of the front of the device there is a special rod where you need to connect the nozzle. The nozzle is attached to the front of the tiller with two bolts. Next, the belt guard on the Neva is removed, where the connecting belt is installed. After installing the belt, it must be tightened, otherwise it will simply slip without transferring force to the auger in the cleaner. After installing the belt, do not forget to put the protective cover back in place, because there is a possibility of damage or even injury if the belt breaks: clothes can tighten there. The entire installation process takes a minimum of time.
Homemade mounted snow blower
It is quite possible to make a snow removal nozzle with your own hands, if you own a welding machine, understand the technique. Blades can be made from almost any materials available to you and various modifications, starting with the simplest ones, which will push the snow in front of you. When driving, you can control their height above the snow and turn to the sides.
The simplest version of a snow blower is from an empty gas cylinder. The cylinder has rather thick walls, which means great strength, it has a suitable shape. All you have to do is attach it to the tiller. It is easy to do it from scrap materials by making preliminary calculations.
It is much more difficult to make a screw structure on your own. First, you will need to decide on the size. the width of the snow capture. Calculate whether your machine has enough power for this shovel width.
Based on this, we begin to design:
- External casing. It is advisable to make it out of metal: plywood will quickly lose strength. The casing diagrams are on the Internet, and you can change its dimensions for yourself;
- An important part of the nozzle is the auger itself. The middle of the screw is made from a piece of pipe. It is advisable to make the screw rings of metal, then the strength will be higher. Another option for rings is to make them from shipping tape. The slope of the blades must be calculated so that on both sides they converge to the center of the pipe. In the center of the pipe, it will be necessary to weld 3 blades with the direction along the movement of the shaft, so that the crushed snow enters the pipe before exiting. After installing the blades, disks on the pipe, it is necessary to balance it by cutting off the excess metal rings with an angle grinder, and using scissors. the conveyor belt. It is necessary to cut off the excess until there is a balance of the auger;
- This stage of development lies in the driving mechanism of the auger: how it will be driven by the belt mechanism. This takes place through a belt drive gearbox, which is mounted on the side to connect to the auger pipe;
- After installing the gearbox, it is necessary to close the bearings against moisture and dirt, so that they do not jam in the future. over, they will last much longer;
- At this stage, we remove the snow through the pipe, for ease of use. with a swivel mechanism. The swivel mechanism can be done in the simplest way. For this, a semblance of a large washer with holes at regular intervals and with the same holes in the casing is placed at the bottom of the pipe. Having chosen the optimal turn of the pipe, fix this pipe through the holes with a bolt and nut.
A firm connection with a bolt and nut is recommended for safety and reinforcement. A finger from vibration can fly out and fall into the casing, and the consequences can be the most unpleasant if the pipe starts to rotate without a lock.
With the correct calculations and accurate work, you will receive a wonderful assistant for the winter period who will cope with any consequences of a snowfall.
The device of attachments for a motor cultivator
Tiller snow plow can be divided into two types.
The first, the simplest, is an ordinary blade, which many have seen on tractors and trucks. Here the principle is the same: the blade is attached in front, the cultivator rakes the snowdrifts in the direction of travel. This option is more suitable for powerful, heavy tillers. A small weak motor is not able to move a large snowdrift due to lack of weight: it will slip in place.
The second option is a screw nozzle. They differ in the width of the fence, the speed of the auger, the throwing distance and the depth of the taken snow cover. Inside the casing for capturing snow, there is an auger that performs the function of crushing with the subsequent removal of snow to the side through a pipe located on top of the snowplow.
When choosing a snowplow, it is worth noting that pipes can be rotatable, as well as rigidly fixed.
It is important not to forget about the precautionary measure when cleaning the area: people or animals must not be in the direction of the snow throw at a distance of less than ten meters.
By what means does the capture take place? By means of a screw mechanism installed in an iron casing, which is driven by a belt drive.
There is a general set of safety rules for working with all auger snow blowers:
- Before clearing snow, check the area for foreign objects;
- Remove only flat area without holes, sharp hills;
- Dress in comfortable clothes without hanging elements that can catch on moving parts of the cultivator or objects on the ground;
- When the cultivator is on, do not try to remove any stuck objects from the snow thrower attachment. Any manipulations can be carried out only after the engine is completely turned off, the auger shaft stops;
- Always make sure that there are no people or animals on your way that could be damaged by a working snow blower;
- If you hear extraneous noise in the engine or auger of the snow blower, be sure to turn off the equipment, wait until the auger stops completely, and only then inspect the attachment to identify the cause of the noise. The same is true if a foreign object gets into the nozzle;
- Never point the snow discharge pipe at a person. Any living object (human or animal) must be at least 10 meters away. The danger of damage comes not only from the snow, but also from possible objects that may be in the snow, be it glass, sticks, cans or other foreign objects;
- Work should be done only during the day, during daylight hours;
- The snow blower and the tiller itself must not be used by a person under the influence of alcohol or any drugs.
If you have to clean large areas, walking with the tiller is not very easy. In order to make it easier to work with the unit, a trolley with a seat can be designed. Install it in front. This cart will be convenient to use when digging a vegetable garden. At the rear, you can adapt the mount for a car trailer, and you can transport goods using a trailer in a car trailer.
There is a feeling that there is no limit to alteration and refinement of tillers for your needs. There are also ready-made options and you can also do them yourself. Making such a trolley is even easier than a snow nozzle.
Make a small cart with a seat. When choosing wheels for a trolley, you should still rely on the same diameter as the wheels of the tiller. Although it can be used from a motorcycle. One of the options is to take the rear of the motorcycle along with the seat.
Homemade SNOW PLOW for MOTOCULTIVATOR
Converted to two wheels. Since one wheel will simply be buried in the snow or the ground, and simply will not be able to keep balance and it will not be comfortable to sit there. And the fasteners are not a rigid hitch for your specific tiller. So that when driving, you can safely control the tiller. With a rigid hitch, you simply cannot turn it in any direction. He will always go straight. Conclusion. As you can see from the above. The tiller attachment is a very useful and necessary thing in the household if you have a tiller. It greatly facilitates the work when clearing snow.
To be more precise, you practically do not work physically. Except when turning the snowplow. And if there is a cart at the back of the cultivator, snow cleaning in general turns into almost fun with skating clearing the area. Despite the fact that a ready-made snowplow costs about 25-30 thousand rubles. And the nozzle costs one and a half, two times less.
And if you do it yourself correctly according to the scheme, then much less. How much less to do it yourself already depends on the used scheme, materials. Many people can make for themselves almost free of charge if they have the necessary material in stock for making a nozzle.
Types of snow removal equipment
- Bulldozer type. located in front of the tiller.
- Auger. the snow is captured by the auger, which moves it to the pipe opening.
- Fan-blade. snowflakes are delivered to an inclined pipe by a fan and then thrown away.
- Air-fan. snowflakes are drawn in by a strong stream of air and removed in the opposite direction.
Snow blower manufacturing recommendations
Since you can independently make three types of attachments for cleaning snow, it is worth considering all the options. As a result, it remains to choose the most suitable for each specific case.
How to make a snow blower for a tiller with your own hands
In winter, the owners of country houses often have to remove the snow. In rural areas, special equipment is used extremely rarely and people have to rely solely on their own strength. To facilitate the task, you can make your own snow blower for the tiller or give preference to a ready-made solution.
- Types of snow removal equipment
- Snow blower manufacturing recommendations
- Bulldozer type
- Rotary snow blower
- Fan unit
- Fan auger nozzle
Rotary snow blower
This type of snow removal equipment consists of several elements:
- Open box.
- Reducer, but you can do without it.
- Chain transmission.
To make a box, you will need sheet metal and a welding machine. The lower ends of the box must be bent in the manner of skis. The shaft is made from a pipe with a diameter of at least 50 mm. It is also necessary to make two U-shaped plates for fastening the auger, which are welded in the middle of the shaft. It should be noted that they must be installed by turning them at an angle of 180 degrees, relative to each other.
To make a screw, you need four rings made from a sheet of metal. They must be cut on one side, and the ends must be opened to the size of the diameter. After that, one end of the ring is welded to the gripper blade, and the other should be reinforced with a metal strip. A hole of any shape is cut at the back of the gripper, into which a pipe of the corresponding diameter is inserted.
It should be remembered that the distance between the blades and the rear wall of the box should be kept to a minimum. The shaft should be mounted on bearings so that one end of it protrudes from the box by 50-100 mm. The chain sprocket will be attached here. A snow blower nozzle for a tiller made in this way will perfectly cope with the task and will greatly facilitate the life of the owner of a country house in winter.
This homemade snow blower, in addition to the tiller itself, consists of an adapter to which the nozzle is attached. It resembles a dozer blade and is the easiest to manufacture. A metal sheet is used as a knife to cut the snow layer, which should be sharpened beforehand. Also, other parts of the attachment are made of sheet metal, after which they are welded.
The blade is mounted on the main block by means of brackets and rods. The rods should be secured in the blade lugs and brought to the control levers using rollers or metal tubes. This simple device will make a snow blower out of your tiller.
This snow blower equipment contains the following items:
- Drum mounted on a bearing.
- Vane impeller.
- Box with pipe.
In the upper part of the drum, it is necessary to cut a hole for the snow to escape, and then press the impeller into it. In this case, it should be positioned so that the blades are parallel to the axis of rotation. The dumps should first be sharpened, and then welded to the drum.
Fan auger nozzle
The last type of snow blower is the most difficult to manufacture. The composition of the unit is as follows:
- Auger. the shaft is made of a pipe and two trunnions. 8 steel half-discs with a thickness of 2 mm are welded onto the pipe. It is necessary to fasten them so that the result is two intersecting spirals.
- Snow rotor. blades are best made of 3mm steel and bend their ends at right angles to increase gripping efficiency.
- Body. welded from sheet iron and installed on two metal strips with curved front ends, which will act as skis.
- Chimney. required for throwing snow.
Making a snow blower from a motor-cultivator with your own hands is not as difficult as it might seem. The use of materials at hand will save a significant amount, because similar ready-made equipment is not cheap.
The most popular type of harrow for garden equipment.
It is a metal contour with long teeth arranged in a specific order.
The tool is capable of effectively loosening the soil to a depth of 14 cm.
Attached to the tiller with a rigid or chain hitch.
Consists of a large number of discs mounted on a steel frame at a slight angle.
The angle of the discs can be changed depending on the hardness of the soil. This modification of the harrow not only loosens the soil, but also cuts weed roots.
Best option for primary i treatment of the sector. Installed on the tiller shaft. Designed for devices with a powerful engine and gearbox. Structurally consists of a set of cutting inserts located around the circumference. Most effectively used in combination with other attachments.
With your own hands. How to do it yourself
It is necessary for deep cultivation of the land, especially in large areas. A properly tuned plow plows the soil evenly, leaving behind an even line of prepared soil.
Combined device for planting potatoes, which includes several working elements. a plow, a hiller and a container for seed.
It is used to loosen and level the topsoil, which contributes to a good harvest. Additional function. weed control.
What are the nozzles on the tiller
Types of motoblock plows
The simplest device with one fixed cutting element. Lack of design. the need to drive the tiller in the opposite direction with a raised plow, otherwise the arable land will be damaged.
A very convenient device that allows you to work the area when moving both forward and backward. The plow is equipped with two multidirectional shares. Thanks to the swivel mechanism, they are swapped before the cultivator is turned in the opposite direction.
Suitable for tillers equipped with a PTO shaft. The rotary plow does not rotate due to traction, but due to engine operation.
This facilitates the plowing process and increases the productivity of the device. Equipped with three or four movable shares.
Choosing tiller attachments for any job
We have already written how cultivators and tillers help with soil cultivation. This time we will tell you about all the attachments for mini-agricultural machinery, which turn the life of a summer cottage farmer into a real pleasure.
DIY snow shovel on a tiller
Everyone who lives in a private house, in winter, has a need to clean the area from snow. It is especially hard for those who have a car, including me. In addition to the paths, the race must be cleaned. Remembering the winter of 2016–2017, there was a lot of snow then compared to this winter. I decided to make a shovel for a tiller, thereby making it easier to clean up the territory. After looking through the options for factory, as well as homemade shovels on the Internet, I decided to do it myself. This option is less expensive, the more the material is.
To make a shovel you will need:
- profile pipe 20 × 40 mm.
- iron sheet 6 mm.
- iron sheet 1.5 mm.
- corner 50 × 50 mm.
- corner 40 × 40 mm.
- strip 4 × 40 mm.
- iron rod 10 mm
- bolts, washers, nuts 10 mm.
- bolts, washers, nuts 8 mm.
- conveyor belt
- angle grinder (angle grinder)
- welding machine, electrodes
- drill, drill
- wrenches, etc.
All materials are there, you can get to work.
Shovel size 1000 × 450 mm. I cut a profile pipe of the following dimensions:
1000 mm. = 2 pcs.
450 mm. = 2 pcs.
370 mm. = 1 piece.
I cut all pipes, except for the one that is 370 mm., At an angle of 45 degrees. I weld. I clean the welding seams on one side, where a 1.5 mm iron sheet will be welded.
I cut 6 mm from a sheet of iron. two plates 200 × 100 mm in size. (since the second-hand sheet has already had holes, they do not need to be drilled).
I weld these plates to the frame from the profile pipe in the center, as shown in the photo.
I cut four strips 4 × 40 mm. about 400 mm each. I weld them on one side to the plates on the other to the profile pipe. They serve to strengthen the structure.
Now I cut off four corners of 40 × 40 mm. 20 mm long. They will serve as a limiter for the rotation of the shovel (initially I did not want to fix the shovel with anything, it turned out to be inconvenient). I make markings, weld to 6 mm plates.
I drill 10 mm holes. for attachment to the bracket.
I weld on a 1.5 mm iron sheet.
I turn to the manufacture of the bracket. I decided to make it from a corner of 50 × 50 mm. Welding together in such a way that a shaped pipe is obtained. I decided to abandon the use of a profile pipe in this unit, because of the non-standard dimensions, and in my opinion there will be a weak design. In my case, the width of the bracket is 47 mm, the length is 500 mm. I cut off one shelf at each corner by 47 mm. I weld together.
I drill 10 mm holes. for attaching to a tiller, and for attaching a shovel. At the point where the shovel is attached to the bracket, you need to grind off the welding seam so that it does not interfere with turning the shovel.
In the same way, I weld two more corners, it is not necessary to cut the shelf on them. I drill 10 mm holes. for attaching a shovel at the bottom, just like I did before.
I weld all parts of the bracket. It turned out not quite exactly as we would like, it does not affect driving performance.
Now you can paint all structures.
After assembly, I drilled two more holes to fix the shovel at the desired angle.
To fix the shovel at an angle, I use 10 mm round timber, 70 mm long, with a washer welded on top.
This is what the assembly looks like. The angle turned out to be not large, but as practice has shown, this is quite enough.
Tighten the nuts on the bolts until the shovel turns freely. Lock or use self-locking nuts (which are plastic inside).
I fixed the conveyor belt to the bottom of the shovel. Carrying out tape 50 mm. below the shovel. Bolted with 8 mm plates. Bolt pitch 100 mm.
The shovel turned out to be pretty good. I use the first winter. It copes with its task by 5. With a shovel turned to the side, one pass is enough. The shovel is raised and lowered by tilting the tiller forward and backward. In the lowered state, the shovel is perpendicular to the surface. Although the surface of the shovel is flat (and not curved like the factory ones), the snow does not pour over the top. Snow can be moved forward or backward. Instead of 1.5 mm. iron I think you can use roofing iron 0.5 mm., thereby further reduce the cost of the structure. I installed chains on wheels on the tiller, skidded without them.
I hope you liked this article, and the homemade product will be useful.
How to choose snow blowers for a tiller
Tiller snow blowers are selected based on the following criteria. First, it should be borne in mind that snow plows are usually made for specific equipment. For example, only the SMB snow blower is installed on the NEVA tiller.
Secondly, the criteria for choosing a snow plow attachment are technical parameters such as the working width, the height of the snow to be removed and the distance of the snow mass throwing. Note that the SMB snow blower has a cleaning width of 64 centimeters. At the same time, in one pass, the snow removal nozzle removes the snow cover 25 centimeters high. Snow dump is carried out at a distance of up to 10 meters.
Snow blowers for tiller
Many owners of land plots in the winter season are faced with the need to remove snow from the local area and access roads. Some people use a shovel for this. However, if you have a tiller, cleaning will be faster and easier. Install a snow removal attachment on motor vehicles and forward. You can buy snow blowers for a tiller from our dealers. The recommended retail price for attachments is presented on the website.
What is a snow blower?
A snow blower is a unit installed on a tiller for the purpose of removing snow from any surface (unpaved, asphalt, etc.). This snow plow is an active attachment, since it is connected to motor vehicles not only by installing on the front pin, but also by means of a belt that transfers rotation to the snow blower pulley from the driving pulley of the motor vehicle.
In our assortment of attachments there is a snow blower SMB “NEVA”. A feature of this unit is the presence of a toothed-edged auger, which crushes even snow crust into small crumbs.
The operating procedure for the snow plow is as follows. The snow is picked up by the auger of the unit and moved into the pipe, from which it is thrown out. Ejection direction is manually adjustable.
Installing a snow blower: features
In order to install a snow blower on the tiller, it is enough to use the parts that are included in its kit. An exception is the MB1 MultiAGRO model, for aggregating the product with which auxiliary parts will be needed. The procedure for installing a snow blower on a motor vehicle and its subsequent adjustment are described in detail in the operating manual of the product.
Cleaning the area with a tiller with a snow plow installed is a fairly simple process that does not require special skills. However, in order to ensure comfortable working conditions, we recommend installing lugs and weighting weights on motor vehicles during this operation.
You can watch the video showing the snow blower for the MB2 tiller in operation by clicking on this link.
If you want to keep abreast of the latest news of our company, please enter your E-mail and click “OK”.