DIY Tiller Film Layer
Stage # 2. production of main parts
When making and assembling the frame, it is important to provide for the arrangement of a fork with a sleeve. It is necessary to ensure free rotation of the trailer.
The frame of the structure is made of metal pipes and corners
The body of the structure is made of steel sheet. The height of its sides is made no less than 30 cm.
When making stands for the adapter wheels, you can use the diagram below
The simplest option for manufacturing a coupling assembly is a 15 cm long pin, which is stuck into the hole in the drawbar of the U-shaped motoblock “tow bar”. The disadvantage of this option is quick wear: under the action of a freely rotating trailer, the hitch holes are quickly broken. To reduce wear, it is advisable to lengthen the U-shaped chain.
Assembling a simple structure
A simple adapter model is a metal frame. It is made from a pipe with a rectangular cross section, 1.7 meters long. At one of the ends of the pipe, a 0.5 meter long pipe is welded perpendicularly, which will serve as the basis for attaching the racks for the adapter wheels. The height of the struts themselves from the wheel axis to the top point is 0.3 meters.
For the manufacture of the structure, you can use the wheels removed from the garden cart. They can be installed on bushings, which are quite simple to perform on a conventional lathe. Bearings of the appropriate size are put on the finished bushings
After that, braces must be attached to the central tube and the hubs of the wheels of the adapter by welding. The length of the products depends on their angle of inclination relative to the structure. The square adapter frame can also be made in any size. In our case, this is a frame of 0.4×0.4 meters. To equip the attachments, a channel 0 with a length of 0.4 meters is welded to the rear end of the frame. The assembly and connection of the side pipes of the structure is carried out using bolts.
The seat is placed on a metal support that is welded to the central tube. The adapter is ready for use.
Tiller adapter: how to build a good do-it-yourself seat cart?
What adapter designs exist?
With this attachment, you can significantly simplify the use of the tiller. After all, it acts as a transitional link connecting the unit itself with other functional elements: nozzles for planting and hilling potatoes, flat cutters, a plow. By installing the equipment, you can automate gardening work as much as possible. For example, when using special equipment with attachments, you can increase the working speed from 5 to 10 km / h.
There are several types of adapters. In general, the structure is a trolley attached to the rear of the tiller, equipped with a comfortable seat
Some models are equipped with a lifting lever, which greatly simplifies the control of the mechanism and the movement of the unit itself on the site. Other adapters, in addition to performing agricultural work, can also be used for transporting goods. They are equipped with a special body. The adapters can have short or long drawbars, depending on their function. Models with short drawbars are designed to work with light tillers, and with long drawbars. with heavier implements.
There are also models with a telescopic drawbar on sale, as well as those in which you can adjust the track width.
The adapters are fixed to the tiller using a single enlarged hitch, which consists of two parts: the first part is needed to connect the equipment to the unit. And the second acts as an adjustable adapter between the equipment itself and its lifting mechanism. To increase the number of implements used simultaneously, the adapters are equipped with a double universal hitch.
Stage # 1. drawing up a kinematic diagram
To ensure the balance of the structure and prevent additional overloads at the design stage, it is necessary to draw up a kinematic diagram. You can make it yourself or use a ready-made version.
This circuit was developed for the manufacture of an adapter designed to operate on the Neva trailer
Arrangement of a multifunctional model
For the manufacture of a multifunctional device, you must prepare:
- Steel pipes and corners;
- Sheet steel;
- Two wheels;
- Comfortable sitting;
- Welding machine and tool kit.
This adapter is a multifunctional model. It can be used for basic agricultural work and for transporting goods over uneven terrain over short distances. The structure can be equipped with such agricultural implements as a plow, harrow, tiller, potato digger. Snow scraper can be attached to adapter during winter months.
The main elements of the equipment are: frame and coupling devices, as well as wheelset and seats
PLASTIC MULCH LAYER AND RAISED BED MAKER. Pulling the RB-448 with Massey Ferguson 1740M
The manufacturing process of the adapter at home takes place in several stages.
Stage # 3. installing the seat
On the spinal frame of the adapter beam, stepping back 80 cm from the front edge, fix the seat. It is fixed with bolts. The adapter is ready. It remains only to check the functionality of the multifunctional device.
How to make an adapter to a tiller: instructions from a farmer
Tiller is an economical tractor option for small-volume jobs. Such a device is most often used to cultivate land in a country house or on a plot of a private house. It does not take up much space, allows you to perform many procedures, for example, the whole range of measures for planting and harvesting potatoes. As a result, the unit enjoys great success among the villagers.
- It is best to use a ready-made drawing of the kinematic diagram of the minitractor to ensure proper balance. To do this, you can use the data of the tiller Neva adapter with a steering wheel.
- The frame is created. For the trailer to turn, the structure must have a fork with a bushing.
- Body creation. Steel sheet is used. Manufacturing of a structure involves the construction of boards with a height of more than 30 cm.
- The seat is mounted with bolts at a distance of about 80 cm from the beginning of the frame.
- Installation of equipment for work.
- Quality control.
- Painting the required parts.
So, let’s figure out how to make an adapter. We make its base from a profile pipe (1.7 m. length), to which we weld the pipe (0.5 m. length) perpendicularly. The wheel fixing stands will be connected to the latter. The distance from the wheel axle to the top of the rack is 30 cm. The wheels can be taken from the garden carriage; bearings are put on its bushings. To do this, the bushings will have to be bored so that they fit the size.
Then we fix the braces, the length of which depends on the required angle. We weld them to the main pipe and to the wheel hubs. Next, we are welding the frame for an additional device. We attach the frame pipes located on the side to the wheel stands. To do this, we use bolts of a certain size that will withstand the expected loads.
We attach a channel at the rear of the frame (practice shows that it is better to use 0) using welding. The rear channel and the pipes located on the side are made 40 cm long.This allows you to get a square frame. A lever with 3 “knees” is also attached to it by welding, the length of which is 19, 30, and also 50 cm. To increase the applied force, another 75 cm long is welded to the side of the lever.
Such a structure moves quite well on different soil. In its front part there is a do-it-yourself hitch assembly or purchase. A self-made snow blade can also be attached to the adapter.
In addition to the main pipe, a metal “leg” must be welded to position the seat.
Here is a drawing of the adapter to the tiller in order to clearly understand its structure and general view. The standard device includes the following components and mechanisms:
- coupling elements;
A homemade adapter to the tiller must have the necessary level of reliability so that you can safely sit in it and perform all the necessary manipulations.
The constituent elements that will be required to create a structure with your own hands, as in
The adapter looks like a cart with a seat, made on a single axle frame. It is needed to universalize the device. Thanks to him, you can make a semblance of a mini tractor from the device. As a result, the labor intensity of tasks in agriculture is greatly reduced.
It should be noted that the adapter for the Neva tiller may differ from the adapter for the MTZ tiller, since the former are of 2 types: elongated and short.
In addition to the seat, the adapter has two couplings and a frame. One hitch provides the use of various devices: plows, diggers, harrows, and others. And the second is necessary for contact between the adapter and the device.
It should be noted that steering adapters can be of two types:
- bodyless. used only for working with soil;
- bodywork. for freight transport and agricultural work.
Short bed adapters can only be used for lightweight tillers, long bed adapters can be used for heavy duty.
It is both pleasant and economical to create designs on your own.
Indeed, by creating an adapter, as in the photo, with your own hands, you can save a little money, especially if all the components are in stock, you do not need to buy them. And as a result of the work done, you can get great pleasure from both the process and the result in the form of a convenient, practical adapter for any of the commercially available tillers. This will greatly facilitate many of the processes that have to be done manually, working the land. Consequently, efficiency will increase significantly and more time will be saved.
Varieties and their structure
There are several options for loosening the soil, differing in design and having a number of characteristic properties.
Harrows are divided into the following types:
- rotary (rotary);
Tiller cultivation with a similar device is practiced if it is necessary to obtain a uniform and loose soil layer. The teeth are arranged evenly and can have all kinds of configurations and sizes: square, knife, round, and so on. The height of the tines depends directly on the weight of the agricultural implement: the higher the weight, the higher the tines. Basically, their parameters vary from 25 to 45 millimeters.
This equipment can have several methods of aggregation with the chassis. In one version, by means of a spring rack, and in the other. articulated.
The tine harrow is divided into:
- general direction tooling;
- specialized (mesh, meadow, articulated and other).
Rotary agricultural equipment
If we talk about a rotary harrow for a tiller, its main advantage is the optimal removal of the upper layer of soil. To level the ground with her participation is also not a question. The depth of loosening of the soil ranges from 4 to 8 centimeters, it can be adjusted, taking as a basis the feature of the work.
The size of the harrow in width is also very important, here not only the tiller’s resource is taken into account, but also the area of the cultivated area. As a rule, this value is equal to 800-1400 millimeters. Such parameters are explained by the ability to work comfortably, maneuvering in areas with a small area.
Rotary harrows of industrial production are made of a quality metal alloy, which makes it possible to actively use the equipment for decades (with appropriate care and maintenance).
On quality agricultural implements, the blade has an oblique configuration, and the teeth are at an angle to the ground, having an ideal angle of invasion for high-quality cutting of the soil, leveling it and eliminating weeds.
A disc harrow is used on dry soils, it performs the same function as a rotary harrow, but is completely different in structure. Here, the key components of loosening are discs, which are similar in configuration to stars. They stand on the same shaft at a specific slope, guaranteeing maximum soil penetration.
How to do it yourself?
In order to start creating a harrow for a tiller on your own, you will first need sensible drawings. And it is recommended to learn how to compile them on a sample of the most uncomplicated agricultural equipment. a tooth harrow, which, in synthesis with a tiller, will safely cope with plowing of small sowing and other material, as well as pre-planting loosening of the soil. In appearance, it will look like a lattice frame with welded teeth or bolts attached to it.
- It is imperative to equip the front side with a hook. The hook can also be a regular bar with a hole, which is placed in the tube of the towing device with fixation by means of a cylindrical or conical rod. Between the hook and the chassis, after complete assembly, the moving chains must be welded.
- In order for the tool for loosening the soil for the tiller to come out reliable, it is preferable to cook the grate from reliable corners or tubes with a square cross section and steel more than 3 millimeters thick. You can give it a finished look with a cage with elements located across and along. In the process of assembling the structure, it is necessary to monitor that each segment of this lattice is at an angle of 45 degrees to the straight line along which the tiller moves in order to reduce bending stresses. Additionally, you need to take into account that the entire load-bearing base must fit into the boundaries of the handles of motor vehicles. In terms of dimensions, it is acceptable to make it at most one meter. only a real tractor will master it wider.
- Next, you need to prepare fangs 10–20 centimeters high. Reinforcing steel with a diameter of 1.0–1.8 centimeters has shown itself to be excellent in this capacity. The most important thing here is to follow the principle: the longer, the thicker. In addition, the teeth are hardened and sharpened before being welded to the grid. There they should be placed 10 centimeters apart (a more rare arrangement is ineffective). It is possible to install the teeth with a slight shift across the row, so that they are more comfortable to cook and they make the necessary loosening depth possible. Along with this, it is necessary to balance so that their counteraction is oriented symmetrically to the thrust shaft, otherwise the tiller will begin to “wiggle its tail”, as a result of which they will not be able to harrow.
Disc agricultural implements are the most advanced modification, which takes more measures when cultivating the soil. At home, a disc harrow can be created exclusively for cultivator type motor vehicles (motor cultivator). 2 pipes are made, they must be securely fixed on the axis of the cultivator. In view of the complexity of the implementation of this work at home, you will need to give it to the enterprise to a turner or use shafts from a faulty cultivator. The total length of the pipe should be no more than one meter. the cultivator cannot handle an overly heavy device.
Discs with a diameter of approximately 25 centimeters are mounted on the axle. In order to reduce the resistance, cuts are made along the edges with an angle grinder every 10 centimeters of the circumference.
The holes for the discs are made slightly larger than the diameter of the axles. The discs are mounted with a slight slope towards the center of the shaft. On the left side of the axis, the slope is in one direction, on the right. in the other. The number of disks is taken so that they mutually replenish one another along the slope. basically they are installed every 5 centimeters.
Angle Grinder Hacks,How to Make a Mini garden Tiller. | DIY
Making a disc harrow in-house is much more difficult than making a toothed specimen. A self-made device requires the most precise adherence to the dimensions of the elements (in strict accordance with the diagram). It is easier to purchase an inexpensive Chinese one and subject it to revision, having welded all welds conscientiously, which, as a rule, is not performed at the factory.
How to make a harrow for a tiller with your own hands?
- Varieties and their structure
- Rotary agricultural equipment
- Disc fixture
- Tooth harrow
- How to do it yourself?
To increase the efficiency of work and increase the yield, a special attachment is used. a harrow. In the old days, horse traction was practiced to carry out work on the ground, and now the harrow is installed on a mobile power unit. a tiller (if the plot is small) or attached to a tractor (when the area of the cultivated area is decent). Therefore, a harrow for a tiller becomes an extremely significant device for every understanding agrarian, and when it is made with his own hands, it is also an object of pride.
It is easy to make a harrow for motor vehicles on your own, but for this purpose, according to the rules, developed diagrams, drawings, source materials and tools are required. The choice of the device directly depends on the skills of the craftsman and the intentions of using the device.
How to make a do-it-yourself harrow for a moloblock, see the video below.
What it is?
The tiller is like a mini-tractor, its real involvement in the work begins with equipping with attachments. The “symbiosis” of the engine and all kinds of attachments allows you to plow, loosen, chop wood, transport cargo, mow grass, and clean snow. All these devices can be put on a tiller and get a miniature excavator, tractor or lawn mower.
a tiller is often confused with a cultivator, and both carry out pre-planting work on the ground.
But it should be understood that the capabilities of the first are much wider than the second, although they completely depend on the attachments. the tiller is more powerful than the cultivator, its tractive effort comes from the wheels. It also has an engine, often an internal combustion engine, a transmission that regulates speed and a gearbox, and a steering wheel (remote control). As you can see, the device is simple, amenable to self-repair.
Attachments of various types are purchased for the tiller, for example, a stationary one is mounted to an adapter. The activator depends on the rotational power of the gearbox. On axial equipment, the nozzles rotate under the weight of the tiller. Landing gear attachments refer to adapter attachments.
Attachments for tillers: varieties and subtleties of choice
- What it is?
- Typical components
- Sophisticated attachments
- Equipment for working with potatoes
- Bed former-film layer
- Grain thresher
- Caterpillar “Krutets”
- Rotary mower
- How to choose?
the tiller itself is the engine, the pulling force. It becomes useful in the household thanks to attachments. This technique can work all year round: in the spring to plow the land and plant seeds, potatoes, and in the summer to huddle, water the plants. The machine is capable of harvesting in autumn and snow removal in winter. the tiller is also used for preparing firewood, when mowing grass, as a small truck for transporting heavy loads. Every year, new models of equipment for the universal worker appear.
The industry produces simple and complex equipment for tillers. Typical accessories include the simplest attachments that are included with the unit at the sales stage. Or they can be purchased at the time of purchase of equipment for an additional fee. Let’s consider some of them.
- Lugs are an obligatory addition to the tiller. These are special iron wheels with studded elements that give stability to the equipment during field work. With the help of lugs, the tiller can easily move on any, even difficult soils. In addition, they contribute to better soil cultivation.
- The all-season tiller attachment will ensure its work on crawler tracks. Thanks to increased grip, it improves passability on difficult terrain and snow cover.
- Typical accessories include a lifting linkage. It is located horizontally to the surface in any lifting position. The effort on the hitch pedal does not exceed 10 kg per 100 kg of load.
- The rippers are mounted on a tiller to grind weeds in the ground. Cut weeds turn into humus over time (organic fertilizer).
- A three-point hitch is installed on the tiller, but it is important to know the type of construction (plow, harrow, etc.).
- Hedgehogs are discs with spikes of different sizes, they are used for hilling and weeding potatoes.
- tillers equipped with brushes are used to clean sidewalks, roads from falling leaves and snow drifts.
These tools are useful throughout the year.
Composite attachments are a type of motoblock stationary equipment. They are purchased for processing a land plot, seasonal care for a plant crop, harvesting and other economic needs. Thanks to them, sowing takes place in the shortest possible time, when the count is in a matter of days. Tillers are equipped not only with seed drills, but also with potato planters. In addition, a large number of equipment is designed for other uses. Having familiarized ourselves with simple nozzles, we will try to deal with those that are classified as complex.
The plow is perhaps the most popular tiller attachment. It can be fully appreciated by those who had to dig up a land plot manually for long days. Equipment equipped with a plow will plow the field quickly, completely taking over physical labor. The plow is capable of plowing the ground to a depth of 15-25 cm. At the same time, it looks quite simple, in the form of a steel plate on a metal arm, with a skimmer element. The simplicity of the design allows many craftsmen to make it on their own. This mechanism is ambiguous, it has its own varieties.
- The plow is standard. Endowed with a wide ploughshare (knife) and a curved blade, which gives it the ability to cut weeds and turn over layers of soil.
- Reversible plow. A more complex design, which consists of two plows, fixed at a certain angle on the frame, with dumps, “looking” in opposite directions. While one is plowing the soil, the second is in a state of reserve, the plow is changed on the next furrow, this greatly simplifies the work of the plowman.
- Zykov’s plow. This device turns over and crushes the soil layer better due to the improved shape of the moldboard.