Do-it-yourself all-wheel drive mini tractor from a walk-behind tractor
How to make a frame
After preparing the tools and accessories necessary to create a mini tractor, they begin to “reshape” the walk-behind tractor frame in order, in accordance with the drawing, to adapt it to an additional pair of wheels. The platform of the future home-made machine can be made all-metal or break-through using channels or shaped metal pipes. Longitudinal and transverse spars are easy to make. they are cut with a grinder and connected by electric welding or fasteners. For greater reliability, bolted connections are combined with additional welding of seams.
When transforming a cultivator into a mini-tractor, it is often a fracture that is used, consisting of two independent half-frames, connected to each other by means of hinges. Thanks to this design, all four wheels of the tractor are almost always in contact with the ground, and they practically do not hang out when using homemade products on an uneven surface or slippery road. This allows you to increase the stability of the mini-tractor from the walk-behind tractor, improve its maneuverability and maneuverability when carrying out arable and transport operations.
A hinged device is mounted to the front or rear section of the prepared frame according to the scheme, which will allow the tractor to make it possible to work with auxiliary devices. You can immediately weld on the rear hitch for towing a trailer. this will further expand the functionality of a homemade motorized tractor obtained from a walk-behind tractor.
Preparing to create a homemade mini tractor
The process of creating a homemade mini-tractor begins with drawing up a drawing, a kinematic diagram of the future “plowman” and preparing the necessary materials, tools, equipment. If you have the skills, you can develop a scheme for demonstrating the mechanisms and components of the tractor yourself, if not, find a suitable option on the Internet or use the example presented here.
As for the parts and components involved in the modernization of the walk-behind tractor, you can use a purchased factory kit to convert it into a mini tractor. But this option is not suitable for those who want to make, for example, an all-wheel drive (4×4) tractor and at the same time significantly save money. Therefore, you will have to look for upgraded parts.
So, to create a homemade tractor you will need:
- Set of tools;
- Welding equipment;
- Drill with a set of drills;
- Metal pipes, channels;
- Fasteners, hardware (bolts, nuts);
- Grinder, discs for working with metal.
Also, in order to make a tractor with your own hands, you will need two suitable wheels, a hitch, a driver’s seat, a steering mechanism, pedals and, of course, a walk-behind tractor with sufficient weight and power. It is better to opt for a heavy-duty unit with a diesel engine (the Zubr, Neva, Agro, Scout models are well suited). This will make it possible to obtain, as a result of the alteration, a self-made, but productive mini-tractor capable of effectively performing various agrotechnical operations. Surely you want him to carry out not only agricultural functions, but also to be able to pull a trailer.
The weight of the unit to be selected must correspond to the state of the soil on which it is planned to use the homemade product. If it is compacted, dry, then the future mini-tractor is unlikely to cope with the tasks assigned to it. Therefore, the harder the soil, the harder the cultivator will be needed. And the power of its engine should be correlated with the area of the land plot on which agricultural work will be carried out using a motor-tractor. So, the larger the plot, the higher this parameter should be.
Mounting the engine and hydraulics
The most profitable option for converting a walk-behind tractor into a home-made four-wheeled tractor is a single-cylinder water-cooled diesel engine. this is usually installed on Chinese motor-cultivators of the Scout, Bison and Russian Neva brands. A single-cylinder diesel engine is economical, therefore, the operation of a mini-tractor produced on its basis will not be invoiced. It is typically placed on the front of the frame, allowing the small tractor to maintain optimal balance when operating with additional tools. At the location of the motor, a mounting system is installed, which is better to make “floating” (sliding) in order to simplify the adjustment and tension of the belts.
The transfer of power from the motor to the rear wheels of a homemade tractor is organized using a belt drive. The PTO transfer case, like the gearbox, can be used from a decommissioned GAZ-53 vehicle. The homemade power unit is mounted in such a way that the PTO pulley is located in the same plane with the pulley located on the rear axle of the minitractor. At the same time, they outline the location for the clutch pedal. The belt drive is covered with a protective cover to avoid slipping during operation and to make its service life longer.
After completing the main work, a hydraulic lift is installed on a homemade mini-tractor with an engine from a walk-behind tractor. The rework hydraulics kit should include an oil pump, oil reservoir, hydraulic cylinder and distributor. All components of the system are connected by flexible oil-resistant hoses. It is advisable to make the hydraulics with a floating mode. this will ensure the full operation of the tractor hitch. Then the tiller will work as it should.
Inexpensive tractor at the price of a walk-behind tractor for only 150 thousand! Order here.
A large selection of attachments, which are also suitable for homemade tractors, see the link.
The entire range of heavy motoblocks (Scout.Ugra, Neva, etc.). https://garden-shop.ru/motobloki.html
Then, the driver’s seat is installed, as well as headlights and dimensions, if it is planned to move the mini tractor along the roads. They will ensure safety when operating vehicles at night and will avoid problems with demanding road patrol officers.
Installation of the brake system and electrical equipment
To begin with, determine the place (using the layout diagram) where the brake pedal will be located in the alteration. On the designated plot, mount the pedal mount and the main brake cylinder. Then the cylinder is connected with hoses to the brake drums located on the front wheels of the converted tractor.
Immediately after that, the brake system is checked for leaks, and if it is broken, everything will have to be redone. To avoid ridiculous mistakes, it is better to use a visual drawing, which shows all the main components of the tractor. For control, the system must be pumped over and the remaining air is removed. This will make it workable and provide proper functionality. The system can also be supplemented with a parking brake.
The next stage of self-alteration of a walk-behind tractor into a full-fledged mini-tractor is the connection of electrical equipment and the output of sensors to the dashboard. It is recommended to do this for the convenience and safety of vehicle operation. A temperature meter, a liquid cooling indicator, an ignition key, an oil pressure sensor and a fuel level in the gas tank are displayed on the panel. Optionally, a homemade tractor is supplied with a sound signal, stop lamps and direction indicators.
Installing the undercarriage
At the end of the installation, the hitching devices are installed on both axles (front, rear), and already on them. the wheels. The rear axle is usually attached to those that came with a walk-behind tractor (Scout, Zubr, Neva), and wheels from a passenger car or some kind of agricultural machinery are mounted on the front axle. It is important that they have a deep tread. this will make a homemade mini tractor a technique of high cross-country ability and with improved traction of the wheels with the ground. Then the management will be much easier.
To equip a home-made tractor with a full-fledged front running gear, they buy hubs assembled with a brake system and, preferably, complete with steering rods, a steering wheel, a gearbox and a steering column. They can also be altered by removing them from used cars.
Fastening the front wheels to the minitractor is carried out in this way:
- A metal profile pipe is selected that corresponds to the thickness of the front axle of a homemade tractor;
- Wheel hubs are attached to the ends of the profile;
- The hub structure is fixed to the front frame directly in the center;
- The steering rods are mounted, after which they are aligned with the steering gear;
- The gearbox is fixed to the frame;
- Put the steering rod, steering wheel;
- Adjust the steering column, steering wheel.
Sometimes the front suspension of the tractor is supplemented with spring shock absorbers to provide more comfortable working conditions. After the steering column is assembled according to the drawing, you need to install the rear wheels.
The rear axle of the cultivator is mounted on bearings tightly pressed into spherical bushings. A pulley is mounted on it, which will transmit torque from the engine to the rotating nodes. You can leave the rear wheels of the fractures without a differential. this will simplify the design and minimize the slipping of the future mini tractor when operating on loose soils.
The optimal diameter of the tractor wheels is 30-36 cm (like the Scout T-15 model). If you put a homemade diesel unit on smaller wheels, it will simply roll forward. Fitting large wheels will make the machine unmanageable and impair its maneuverability, especially when working with a trailer. At the end of the installation of the wheels and the steering column, the layout of the main unit of agricultural machinery. the engine.
How to make a mini tractor from a walk-behind tractor with your own hands
Every farmer knows that it is easier and more convenient to cultivate summer cottages and household plots with the help of a small tractor. And it doesn’t matter if you don’t have enough funds to buy a factory “iron horse”. you can make it yourself from an inexpensive walk-behind tractor. over, when there is an interest in technology, engineering skills, the necessary equipment and tools, it will not be difficult at all to do this. The main thing is to understand the technical aspects, prepare for the transformation and choose the right motoblock itself. Then the refurbishment can begin. By the way, the manual for the walk-behind tractor may contain a drawing that will help you understand how best to make a homemade product.
Advantages of homemade tractors from motoblocks
The advantages of owning such a unit are obvious. Unlike a walk-behind tractor, it will allow:
El Thorattor – Electric Garden Tractor / the build
- Expand functionality;
- Facilitate the operator’s work;
- Realize traction potential.
Using skills, you can make a multifunctional and efficient mini tractor from a conventional motorized cultivator with limited capabilities. Maneuverable, compact. it is able to work even in densely planted areas, between bushes and trees, as well as in a limited local area, without spoiling the paving slabs and asphalt pavement. Look at the form where there is a video about the work of homemade equipment.
To make a mini-tractor from a walk-behind tractor means to buy yourself agricultural machinery with the broadest functionality. Together with it, you can use a variety of attachments: cultivator, potato planter, cutter, harrow, rotary mower, plow, hillers, etc. And if you equip a stacker with a hydraulic drive, then you can operate a homemade tractor as a stacker or a crane. Thanks to its practical design, working on such a homemade product is simple, comfortable and safe. And the remaining motoblock parts can be used to create other homemade products. A homemade mini tractor is better than the most expensive heavy motor cultivator and cheaper than a heavy tractor.
Mini tractor from the Neva walk-behind tractor
Converting a walk-behind tractor into a small tractor may be slightly different. It all depends on the design features of the walk-behind tractor and its capabilities. Consider the principle of manufacturing a mini-tractor from Neva motoblocks.
As in the first case, before making a minitractor, you need to study the diagrams. They detail the dimensions of the elements and the order of their installation during assembly. The procedure for rework will be as follows:
- The frame is made in the same way as in the first case. To create it, use pipes of different sections. Fastening of the frame elements is carried out by means of bolts and welding;
- Next, proceed to the manufacture and installation of the chassis. To mount the rear wheels, use an additional axle, which can be made from steel pipe. Press the bearings and bushings into both ends of the latter, which will be equipped with the rear wheels;
- Further, the tractor from the Neva walk-behind tractor must be equipped with a motor. over, the engine can be installed both in the front and in the rear of the frame. In the second case, the front and rear wheelbase of the minitractor will need to be expanded;
In the end, the self-made unit will remain equipped with a driver’s seat, lighting devices and side lights. Due to its small size, the finished tractor will have high maneuverability, which will allow it to be used effectively in hard-to-reach places.
DIY mini tractor from a walk-behind tractor. manufacturing procedure
Before you start making a mini-tractor based on a walk-behind tractor, you will need to prepare the materials necessary for work. The conversion kit includes:
- welding machine;
- screwdrivers and wrenches;
- an electric drill and a set of various drills;
- grinder and a set of discs for working with metal;
- set of nuts and bolts.
Suitable drawings will help to correctly assemble a tractor from a walk-behind tractor. In them you will find information about the order in which to connect the parts and what method of fastening is suitable for their reliable installation. Converting a walk-behind tractor into a mini tractor is performed in the following order:
- A mini tractor based on a walk-behind tractor must be equipped with a strong reliable frame. It must withstand an additional pair of wheels, plus the load transported in the tractor will press on the supporting structure. For making a solid frame, pipes or metal corners are best. Be sure to keep in mind that the heavier the frame, the better the adhesion of the mini tractor to the road, and the better the plowing of the soil will be. The thickness of the frame walls is also not very important. the main thing is that they do not bend under the pressure of the transported cargo. You can cut the blanks for making the frame using a grinder. Then all the parts are connected to each other, first by means of bolts, after which they are finally welded to each other. To make the frame stronger and more reliable, equip it with a crossbeam;
- Immediately after the frame has been manufactured, it can be equipped with a hitch, by means of which the small tractor will be equipped with additional accessories. The hitch can be installed both in the front and in the rear of the supporting structure. If in the future the minitractor being manufactured is planned to be used in tandem with a trailer, then a hitch should be welded to the rear of its frame;
- At the next stage, the homemade product is equipped with front wheels. For this, the mini-tractor being manufactured is best equipped with two ready-made hubs with brakes provided on them. Next, you need to fix the wheels themselves. To do this, take a piece of steel pipe, the diameter of which fits the front axle. Next, attach the wheel hubs to the pipe. Drill a hole in the central part of the pipe, which is necessary for mounting the product to the front of the frame. Then install the tie rods and adjust them in relation to the frame by means of a worm gear. After installing the gearbox, install the steering column. The axle at the rear of the manufactured tractor is mounted through pressed-in bearing bushings. Wheels used should be no more than 15 inches in diameter. Smaller parts will lead to the “burying” of the unit with the front part, and larger wheels will significantly impair the maneuverability of the mini tractor;
- At the next stage, it is necessary to equip the minitractor with an engine from a walk-behind tractor. It is best to mount the motor at the front of the machine, as this will improve the balance of the agricultural machine when operating with a loaded trailer. Establish a secure mounting system to mount the motor. When installing the motor, do not forget that the power take-off shaft must be secured coaxially with the pulley located on the rear axle of the mini-tractor. The force on the wheels must be carried out by means of a belt drive. details about converting a walk-behind tractor into a mini tractor will be told in the video.
A self-made tractor will remain equipped with a reliable braking system and a high-quality hydraulic valve, which is necessary for the proper operation of the unit with attachments.
Mini tractor from a walk-behind tractor: 4 do-it-yourself manufacturing option
Many owners of walk-behind tractors often think about modernizing their agricultural equipment. In fact, it will not be difficult to improve the available unit and make a full-fledged mini-tractor out of it. However, you will be required to study the recommendations and follow the procedure. this will give you the opportunity to get an effective homemade mini tractor that will be able to solve absolutely all the tasks assigned to it.
How to make a mini tractor from an MTZ walk-behind tractor?
To remake walk-behind tractors of this brand, you should also take into account their design and capabilities. MTZ units have a sufficiently high power, which makes it possible to make a full-fledged tracked mini-tractor out of them. It will be distinguished by high cross-country ability and excellent grip, due to which the quality of plowing the soil of such a machine will be several times higher than that of wheeled mini-tractors.
Before starting work, be sure to study the drawings, in which you will find all the information required for the alteration. The procedure for assembling a mini tractor is as follows:
- First, put the walk-behind tractor into operation mode with a mower;
- Then completely dismantle the front platform of the unit;
- Install a caterpillar drive in the front of the mini-tractor being manufactured;
- Install an adjusting rod in the niche for mounting the steering rod. This element will increase the rigidity of the entire structure;
- Weld the driver’s seat to the top of the frame;
- Next to the motor, arrange a platform for mounting the battery and hydraulic valve.
Such a manufacturing method is suitable for converting MTZ 05, MTZ 09 and MTZ 12 motoblocks into small tractors. Each of them has a sufficient power reserve to work together with a trailer and attachments at the same time.
Mini tractor from the Zubr walk-behind tractor
Motoblocks of this brand have a reliable and powerful enough motor, the presence of which allows you to convert the unit into an all-wheel drive minitractor. Before starting work, be sure to study the detailed drawings, and also buy steel sheets, pipes and corners. The procedure for manufacturing a mini tractor is as follows:
- When arranging the frame, you will need to expand the existing frame of the walk-behind tractor. This is necessary in order to install additional wheels. Cut the corners and pipes into suitable pieces, then weld them to each other;
- The front beam on the mini tractor is mounted by means of a ready-made hub equipped with brakes. Wheels in the front of the unit must correspond to the size of the rear wheels, or be slightly larger than the latter. this will prevent the mini-tractor from “burrowing” when driving over rough terrain;
- Then install the walk-behind tractor motor. It is best to mount it at the front to achieve the best balance of the overall structure;
- Weld the towbar to the rear of the finished mini-tractor. it will be required for mounting the trailer.
A home-made mini-tractor, made on the basis of the Zubr walk-behind tractor, will be able to cope with a number of the most difficult economic tasks: plowing the soil, mowing grass, collecting and transporting crops.
Mini tractor from the Agro walk-behind tractor
Before you start reworking motoblocks of this brand, you should stock up on material and the necessary tools. To work you will need:
- stainless steel sheets and profiles;
- seat and steering wheel. can be removed from an old car;
- a pair of wheels. their diameter should not exceed 15 ”;
- a set of fasteners;
- grinder and electric drill;
- hammer and welding machine.
After preparing everything you need, we advise you to study the diagrams that will tell you the correct procedure for installing the tractor elements. We also advise you to see photos that will certainly help you in the manufacture of an agricultural unit.
Unlike the walk-behind tractors of the manufacturers listed above, the Agro brand equipment has one significant drawback, which must be taken into account when converting a walk-behind tractor into a mini tractor. It lies in the fact that the axis of the walk-behind tractor has very weak indicators of fracture strength. This kind of fracture will certainly affect if you exceed the maximum permissible load on the mini-tractor frame. To avoid further malfunction, the mini tractor will need to be equipped with wheel gears.
The procedure for assembling the unit is as follows:
- The first step is to weld a sturdy tractor frame. To do this, use steel profiles and pipes. Be sure to keep in mind that the heavier the frame made, the better the adhesion of the minitractor to the ground will be. At the rear of the supporting structure, weld the tow hitch, which is required to hitch the trailer to the unit;
- Then proceed to the manufacture and arrangement of the minitractor undercarriage. To do this, you can purchase a pair of ready-made front wheels, as well as hubs equipped with brakes. After purchasing the parts, attach the hubs to the steel pipe, and drill the holes in the front of the frame that will be required to mount the hubs to the mini tractor. Next, install the steering rods using a worm gear for this. After the rods, secure the steering column and rear axle. When installing the latter in the bushings used for mounting, press in the bearings. Install a pulley on the rear axle and secure the wheels securely;
- Then mount the engine to the front of the frame. We advise you to do this by means of an additional frame placed on special shock absorbers. this will avoid strong vibrations at high loads on the motor;
- Next, install the driver’s seat on the mini-tractor, connecting it to the frame through the springs. thanks to them, it will be much more convenient to work with the mini-tractor.
If you wish, your hand-made compact tractor can be equipped with a canopy that protects you from rain and sun. To make it, 4 steel pipes must be welded to the frame next to the seat and steering column, to which a steel sheet must be fixed by spot welding. As a result, you will get a reliable unit for a summer residence, which will quickly cope with all the tasks assigned to it.
For example, take the Centaur 2090D walk-behind tractor, from which you can safely make a future mini-tractor. The whole list of works boils down to the fact that you need to make a frame structure from a metal profile, as well as supplement the device with a seat and a second wheelset.
- the type of engine used. 4-stroke, diesel;
- maximum power. 9 hp;
- fuel tank capacity. 5.5 liters;
- rotation frequency. 3 thousand revolutions per minute;
- type of cooling. air;
- engine displacement. 418 cm3.
, then the final.
How to do it
Perhaps the most interesting option for self-assembly is the breakage mini tractor 4×4 homemade,
which is made on the basis of a walk-behind tractor. In general, this is a fairly common method of assembling a mini tractor, which proves its effectiveness and efficiency during operation.
In the video, a homemade mini tractor with a walk-behind tractor engine.
Outwardly, such a structure looks rather cumbersome, but the inner one is completely proportional, i.e. every detail is in its place, precisely tailored to the dimensions and parameters. Let’s consider the design features in more detail:
Photo of drawings of nodes
- The frame structure will consist of two components. spars and traverses. The spars are made of three components. The front part will be made of channel 0, the latter will be made of a steel pipe with parameters 8 × 8 cm.
- The rear traverse will be made from channel 6, and the front one from channel. The cross members are made in the same way. In principle, all four-wheel drive homemade mini tractors have a similar frame design, with the same technical parameters.
But there is one important caveat: the front wheels should be about 14 inches, which is the optimal value for the front axle wheels.
- An important stage in the work will be the location of the driver’s seat. It must be positioned in such a way that the steering wheel does not rest on the driver’s knees, i.e. did not interfere with the free control of the device.
Homemade mini tractor fractures have a very important advantage. they have very good indicators of maneuverability. Of course, this assembly method is a little more complicated than the alternatives, but it is definitely worth the effort.
There are quite a lot of models of cultivators of foreign and domestic production from various companies on the Russian market of agricultural products. Cultivator Texas. true European quality at an affordable price.
The sprayer for the garden allows you to treat the most difficult-to-reach places, while the active agent is securely held on the leaves. Click on the link to get acquainted with the different types of sprayers for the garden and vegetable garden.
Potato planters mechanize and refine the planting process, making the rows even, planting tubers at the same distance from each other and at the same depth. Here you will find all the information you need about potato planters.
In general, in this assembly method, a lot of components are taken from old domestic cars. For example, the steering rack can be borrowed from old “Zhiguli”, the same can be said about the drum brake. it can also be taken from a supported car.
Also, good results can be achieved if you re-equip the Zubr NT-135 walk-behind tractor, which has similar characteristics as the previous version.
- the type of engine used. 4-stroke, diesel;
- maximum power. 9 hp;
- fuel tank capacity. 5.5 liters;
- rotation frequency. 3600 rpm;
- type of cooling. air;
- engine displacement. 406 cm3.
At the same time, the final price for a finished homemade mini tractor will be formed based on the cost of the necessary materials. In particular, we are talking about the following components:
- Hydraulic system. In principle, you can take it from old agricultural equipment.
- Wheelset. taken from old domestic cars.
- Steering wheel and braking system.
I sum up all the costs, the total.
Homemade mini-tractor from a walk-behind tractor is a fairly common method of making a mini tractor at home. In general, good units come from the following brands of motoblocks:
Of course, they will differ in the power of the engine used, but the very specifics of the work performed by them will be similar. In principle, the idea of assembling a self-made unit was to carry out that list of agricultural work typical for a mini tractor.
Probably, its main purpose is direct work “in the field”. We are talking about plowing land holdings, removing weeds so that the cultivated soil is suitable for the subsequent planting of potatoes and other vegetables and grain crops on it.
In addition, a homemade mini tractor can be used for the following purposes:
homemade mini tractor fracture four-wheel drive
- transportation of various goods;
- cleaning of construction and household waste;
- cleaning of adjacent territories from snow masses;
- for cutting grass for the subsequent preparation of hay for livestock.
Fortunately, there are plenty of all kinds of drawings on the Internet indicating the exact dimensions and parameters, which is quite enough for any rural foreman.
In general, homemade products are used mainly at the household level, which is understandable, because large farms and agro-industrial complexes are able to purchase more than one mini-tractor, so they do not need to resort to self-assembly of these units.
But this does not mean that homemade mini tractors will be very inferior in performance to purchased options. If this is still the case, then this lag is not critical, and at the everyday level it will not be noticed at all.
Four-wheel drive motoblock 4×4: a mini-tractor from Niva with a do-it-yourself engine
The specifics of life in rural areas presupposes the availability of certain means of small-scale mechanization that help the summer resident in his daily work. Especially, this applies to farmers who have large enough holdings, the processing of which is simply impossible by hand.
In such cases, homemade mini-tractor of rural craftsmen are becoming more and more relevant and worthy of attention. This is quite justified, because this approach to business allows you to significantly save on the purchase of the unit itself, which is the main reason for such homemade products.
It can also be interesting because the assembly process itself can be quite fun, especially for those people who are partial to technology.
For more information about the homemade mini tractor, see
Such home-made products in the countryside, such as a mini-tractor, are distinguished by a rather simple constructive device, which gives certain advantages to the person who will carry out the assembly process. For a skilled owner, it will not be difficult to assemble a homemade tractor with your own hands at home.
Conventionally, you can divide a homemade mini tractor into several working units:
- Frame construction. This is perhaps the most important part of the mini-tractor device, because the stability and performance of the entire unit will depend on the strength of the frame.
- Transmission. This device can be taken from old Soviet cars, which are quite suitable for these purposes.
- Wheelbase. For this purpose, you can use wheels from old technology. the same domestic cars.
- Power unit. In a homemade mini tractor, you can use a walk-behind tractor as the main driving force. Therefore, the engine will be used the same as on the walk-behind tractor, but this is not a strict recommendation (see how to make a tractor from a walk-behind tractor with your own hands).
- For these purposes, you can use another engine, preferably a diesel engine, with a decent power (at least 9 hp).
- Other components. This includes the clutch, driver’s seat, etc.
As we can see, most of the components will be borrowed from old, outdated equipment, so manufacturing costs are minimal. The only thing you will have to do a little work with welding the frame and adjusting the controls, but for a rural craftsman, this is a familiar thing that does not cause any particular problems.
As we can see, there are quite a few ways to make homemade mini tractors (for example, a homemade tractor breaking 4 4 with your own hands). At the same time, you can design them actually “from scratch”, welding the necessary structural parts, or remake a walk-behind tractor for these purposes. Fortunately, their design is in many ways similar, which makes it possible.
On the Internet, you can find a fairly large number of not only detailed drawings indicating the markup, but also a video that clearly demonstrates such units in operation.
Having looked at them, you can make sure that the principle of their operation is completely identical to their purchased counterparts, therefore, the independent production of mini tractors is becoming more and more expedient. And no less useful will be the items of additional equipment made by you (for example, a milling cutter for a tractor).
You may be interested in an article about a mini tractor from oki.
Also with an article about a sprayer with your own hands.
Tractor (minitractor) from a walk-behind tractor: step-by-step instructions for making your own hands
Making a mini-tractor from a walk-behind tractor is perhaps the easiest way to assemble a universal small-sized agricultural unit, which can be used both in the garden and in the local area. With the right approach to finalizing the walk-behind tractor, its owner gets the opportunity to make a reliable and easy-to-use unit, which, in terms of its characteristics, will practically not be inferior to most market models of mini-tractors.
Tractor from a walk-behind tractor. common alteration options
In each individual case of converting a walk-behind tractor into a mini-tractor, there are a number of features that must be taken into account when assembling a larger agricultural machine. Consider these nuances using the example of using the most popular walk-behind tractors.
Choosing a walk-behind tractor. what you should pay attention to?
It should be noted right away that a walk-behind tractor, which will be amenable to alteration, must meet a number of mandatory requirements. Otherwise, a mini tractor with an engine from a walk-behind tractor will not be able to perform its direct functions.
The most important criteria when choosing a walk-behind tractor include:
- the walk-behind tractor must be powerful enough. in fact, the larger the area for processing, the more powerful the unit must be;
- the type of fuel used for refueling. diesel models will be the best. In addition, the use of a diesel walk-behind tractor gives a higher productivity and requires less fuel than any gasoline unit. This allows the use of a diesel unit for plowing larger plots;
- weight. a mini-tractor based on a walk-behind tractor must have a sufficiently large mass, which makes it more stable on loose soil and allows deeper plowing of the ground. In this regard, it is better to assemble a mini tractor based on a heavy walk-behind tractor;
- cost. converting a walk-behind tractor into a mini-tractor does not at all require an expensive agricultural unit. Inexpensive domestic-made motoblocks are well suited for assembly.
A number of well-known motoblocks produced by the companies Neva, Agro, MTZ, Centavr, Salyut, Oka, Zubr, Kaskad, Farmer and Shtenli have all of the above parameters. For all these units, you can easily find a ready-made conversion module on sale, which allows you to quickly convert a walk-behind tractor into a mini-tractor.
Of all the listed motoblocks, only equipment from the Agro brand has certain drawbacks. Almost all models produced by this company show a low axle fracture strength. this has almost no effect on the operation of the walk-behind tractor itself, but after converting it into a mini-tractor, when the pressure on the axle shafts increases, this defect will remind of itself more than once. Mounting special wheel gearboxes on the axle shafts will help to correct this significant drawback.
A great advantage when using domestic motoblocks to create a mini-tractor is the availability of all the necessary spare parts for them on the free sale. Therefore, there will be no problems with the repair of a homemade agricultural machine.
Assembling a minitractor from Centaur walk-behind tractors
Motoblocks of this brand are included in the category of professional equipment. A tractor from a walk-behind tractor of this brand will turn out to be quite powerful, passable and productive.
To make a mini-tractor from such a walk-behind tractor, you will need to weld a reinforced frame on which the engine, driver’s seat and an additional pair of wheels will be located. The engine power is enough to make a crawler tractor from a walk-behind tractor. such a unit will turn out to be much more passable and stable on loose soil. If necessary, it can be equipped with a trailer for transporting garden tools and small-sized loads.
Preparing to assemble a mini tractor
The assembly of mini-tractors from all of the listed motoblocks is carried out in the same, and the same order. Accordingly, the same tools will be required to prepare before assembling the unit.
Before rework, you will need to stock up:
- welding machine;
- a set of wrenches and screwdrivers;
- an electric drill with a set of different drills;
- grinder and discs of different diameters for cutting metal;
- sets of nuts and bolts.
Also, before assembling a mini-tractor, you should study the diagrams as carefully as possible.
Drawings should contain instructions on the overall dimensions of the mini-tractor and how to attach its main components.
Alteration of motoblocks from the Zubr brand
The units of this domestic brand are equipped with reliable diesel engines. To convert them into mini-tractors, you will need hydraulics, which will allow you to use various attachments with an agricultural machine, as well as brakes, steering and 2 additional wheels.
Features of alteration of Agro walk-behind tractors
To assemble a mini-tractor from a walk-behind tractor of this brand, you need to do more voluminous work. In addition to welding a solid frame, mounting the steering and installing other necessary units, the axle shafts of Agro walk-behind tractors will need to be equipped with wheel gearboxes. In some cases, installing the engine in the rear of the mini-tractor structure can help out. this will make it possible to more evenly distribute the load on the frame.
Agro walk-behind tractors cannot be used to make a mini-tractor with a 4 x 4 wheel arrangement. To make an all-wheel drive unit, you will need to have a more powerful and stable walk-behind tractor, initially equipped with a non-separable frame.