Do-it-yourself rotary snow blower for walk-behind tractor
Do-it-yourself snow blower: analysis of the 3 best homemade designs
The snow season is the favorite time of children: skiing and sledding, fun snowball games and building ice castles. But the owners of country houses are not very happy with the abundance of snow, because they have to again take up a shovel and clear the territory. It’s good when you have the opportunity to buy a snowblower and turn your seasonal duty into a pleasant job. But if there is no extra money to buy a useful “assistant”, you can always make a snow blower with your own hands from materials that have long been gathering dust idle in the corner of a workshop or a shed.
Preparation of basic elements
We propose to first consider the option of how to make a snow blower with your own hands based on an old engine from a walk-behind tractor. To do this, you need to prepare:
- Sheet (roofing) iron for assembling the auger body;
- Steel corner 50×50 mm for the frame of the structure;
- Plywood 10 mm thick for side parts;
- Half-inch pipe for equipping the handle of the machine.
When planning to equip a homemade snow blower with an air-cooled engine, it is imperative to provide additional protection for the air intake opening from small snow particles emitted during operation.
The engine power of this device is 6.5 hp. It is quite enough for cleaning fresh snow from the backyard area.
Thanks to the machine’s working width of 50 cm, it will be convenient to move the structure and clear winding paths on the site. The machine has compact dimensions, its width does not exceed 65 cm.This allows at any time, as unnecessary, to hide the snow blower in the shed, it easily passes through a regular doorway.
A ”tube can be used to make the auger shaft. A through-cut is made in the pipe, which is necessary to fix a metal blade with dimensions of 120×270 mm. In the process of work, the captured snow mass from the conveyor belt will move by the auger to the blade. This blade, in turn, under the action of the rotation of the shaft, will throw the snow to the sides.
The frame of the snow blower can be welded from steel corners of 50×50 mm, and closer to the edges of the structure in the pipe to the transverse corners, it remains only to weld two corners on each side, the dimensions of which are 25×25 mm
In the future, the engine platform will be attached to these corners. You can fasten the transverse corners with the longitudinal ones and fix the control handles on them using bolts (M8).
The auger tube is equipped with a metal blade and four rubber rings d = 28 cm, the material for the manufacture of which can be a tire sidewall or a 1.5-meter conveyor belt 1.5 mm thick.
You can cut out rings from a rubber base using a simple device: drive two screws into the board, and then fasten this structure tightly to the tape and turn it in a circle. You can significantly simplify the cutting procedure using a jigsaw
Since the snow blower auger will rotate in self-aligning bearings 205, they must be placed on the pipe. In order to make a snow blower yourself, you can use any bearings, the main thing is that they must be closed. A support from the universal joint of old Zhiguli models can act as a protective casing for bearings.
Advice. In order for the structure to fit well into the bearings, you need to make a couple of cuts in it and tap it lightly. Such manipulations make it possible to slightly reduce the diameter of the shaft.
A piece of plastic sewer pipe d = 160 mm is well suited for throwing snow. It is fixed on a pipe of the same diameter, placed on the auger body itself
The continuation of this section of the pipe will be a chute for ejection of snow, the diameter of which should be larger than the width of the metal blade of the auger.
Assembling the structure
Before assembling the structure, you must pay attention to the fact that the dimensions of the machine body must exceed the dimensions of the auger itself by a couple of centimeters. This will prevent the mechanism from touching the walls of the case during operation.
Since the snow blower engine can be used for other purposes during snowless periods, it is advisable to provide a quick-detachable convenient platform in the design of the unit, thanks to which the engine can be removed at any time without using any tools.
A significant advantage of this design solution is the ease of cleaning the body and moving parts of the machine from compacted snow. And it is much easier to put away such a snow blower for storage: just remove the engine and the car will become twice as light.
The basis for skis is wooden beams, which are additionally equipped with plastic pads. You can make such overlays from the wiring box
The snow blower is now ready for use. It remains only to paint the homemade device and start work on clearing the snow.
Construction # 1. auger snow blower model
Construction # 2. rotary snow blower “Blizzard
This device, which is quite simple in design, can be made in any workshop equipped with a lathe and a welding machine. The snow collector, designed by Penza craftsmen, performed well even in rather difficult conditions of snow patches.
The design of the device is based on: an engine with a built-in muffler, a gas tank and a cable for controlling the throttle valve.
To begin with, you need to make a rotor on a lathe on the basis of a corresponding workpiece from an electric motor part. Outwardly, it looks like a steel disc d = 290 mm and 2 mm thick. The disk, connected with the hub by means of bolts, forms a structure, to which 5 blades are already attached by welding. To increase the efficiency of the mechanism, the blades are additionally reinforced with stiffeners on the reverse side.
The cooling system of the motor works on the principle of a fan, the blades of which are made of duralumin and are fixed on the pulley to start the motor
The fan is protected by a soldered casing located on the crankcase cover. To improve the quality of cooling, the cylinder head is placed at an angle of 90 degrees.
The shaft is mounted on the rotor housing on four ball bearings arranged in pairs. It is fixed to the body with a steel retaining ring and bolts. The rotor body itself is pressed against the frame using a special bracket, which partially captures the pressure ring.
Assembly diagrams of the main elements of the “Vyuga” snowblower
Removable elements of the machine are the aluminum wall of the rotor housing and the scrapers placed along the frame.
A significant advantage of a home-made snowblower is the ability to adjust the working width by changing the scrapers. At the height and quality characteristics of the unit. The weight of the structure does not exceed 18 kg, which makes it possible to use it for women, and the range of snow throwing is about 8 meters.
What is a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor
Despite the huge variety, a snowblower for a walk-behind tractor can be conditionally divided into 2 categories:
- self-propelled devices;
- hand-held devices.
According to the principle of operation, the technique is also divided into 2 types:
- auger snow blower;
The most reliable assistant in the fight against snow blockages is a regular large-sized shovel. Nevertheless, it is quite difficult to manually cope with clearing the snow cover, therefore, in this case, it is better to use minimal mechanization, for example, equip a walk-behind tractor-snow blower with attachments that will resemble the same shovel in shape and size.
The principle of operation of such a structural element is no different from manual cleaning. excess snow is removed from the road to one side.
It should be borne in mind that this method is worth using only if you have somewhere to remove the snowdrifts. But when rubble is everywhere, you need another unit that works as a snow thrower. This device is not much more complicated in its structure, but in functionality it is much more efficient. Quite often, such equipment is equipped with a wheeled or caterpillar track, but recently they began to produce a mounted unit of this kind.
The latter type of equipment is used when there is practically no snow: it has either already been removed, or it has fallen out and laid down in a thin layer. In this case, a rotating brush is used to pass through the snow area.
Let’s figure out what a homemade snow blower for a walk-behind tractor consists of. The snow removal nozzle for the walk-behind tractor is divided into 2 types:
- steam room located on a disc base;
- large brush located on the shaft.
If desired, you can use both devices at the same time. To do this, they are installed on vehicles that operate on their own. Also, a couple of devices are allowed to be placed on the walk-behind tractor if you equip it with an adapter pair of wheels. Using both attachments at the same time, you can make the snow blower from the walk-behind tractor even more efficient. Including, it can be nozzles that play the role of a snow and swamp-going vehicle. so you can work on the machine not only in winter, but also in summer, on wetlands.
Choosing a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor
A manual snow plow is an equipment that is only a direct snow removal device. It cannot be used for any other purpose, but it can be hung on any ordinary walk-behind tractor.
Self-propelled devices are offered in more variety. The model range also includes structures that make it possible to remove large snowdrifts using a mini-tractor; they can be installed on medium and large agricultural machines. Of course, medium and large tractors are not suitable for cultivating household plots, as they are characterized by rather large powers. These capacities cannot be used at full capacity, so the equipment will be partially idle, especially in the summer season, which is unprofitable due to the high cost and insufficient efficiency.
Snow Clearing With My Homemade Walk Behind Snow Plow DIY
Therefore, it is worth making a choice between manual snow blowers and low-power mechanized devices. The second option is preferable for use if you need to clear a large area of snow. Motoblocks of some manufacturers, for example, Belarusian factories, are distinguished by a low price, but at the same time they are characterized by greater versatility than manual units.
You can also use an adapter that will make a mini-tractor out of a walk-behind tractor. This is possible by installing another pair of wheels, after which it will be possible to use 2 types of attachments for walk-behind tractors at once on the walk-behind tractor.
A snow blower for a walk-behind tractor, assembled by hand, is becoming more and more widespread. Reviews suggest that interaction with a self-propelled snow blower is more suitable for effective snow removal. It is not so difficult to assemble a snowplow for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands, this will be discussed in the next paragraph.
Snow plow attachments for walk-behind tractor
Effective clearing of the snow-covered area will be provided by specialized attachments for a self-propelled agricultural machine. There are 2 groups of devices:
- The snow plow attachment to the walk-behind tractor is a device with an auger and a pipe for throwing snow. The throw range for different models varies from 5 to 15 m. The transmission from the PTO of the walk-behind tractor to the drive pulley is belt.
- Blade-shovel. a snow-removal attachment designed for shoveling snow masses. These devices are distinguished by a large working width, a rubber squeegee to protect asphalt paths and paving slabs from possible damage, adjustable blade height and angle of attack during operation.
How to make a do-it-yourself snow blower for a walk-behind tractor
Consider how to make a do-it-yourself snow blower. The attachment to the walk-behind tractor can be quite expensive for the user. Attachments for a walk-behind tractor cost more than 20,000 rubles. In order not to spend a lot of money, you can make a homemade snow blower for a walk-behind tractor. And to make a rotary snow blower for an all-terrain vehicle with your own hands, and auger. To make a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands, you can take the drawings on the Internet, and then start assembling.
First you need to define the basic contours of the bucket using small metal corners. The frame is assembled using conventional welding. After that, it must be covered with aluminum or iron sheets. Remember that if you are using aluminum, you need to additionally fasten it with rivets and bolts.
For a do-it-yourself snow blower for a walk-behind tractor, the rear of the bucket should receive additional reinforcement so that a connecting element can be equipped on it. Installation is carried out using special strips of steel material. From the inside, along the side walls, you need to lay special bushings equipped with bearings for the auger shaft. You can use any steel pipe for this.
In the center and along the pipe, it is necessary to make a slot where a metal plate is placed, which will act as the impeller of the suspended unit and ensure the throw of the snow mass into the outlet bell.
At the corners of the plate, you need to place the lugs in advance in order to subsequently fasten the screws there. Weld a key on one side of the pipe, where the transmission sprocket will be installed. In order for the key to be brought out, a hole must be made in the wall. After that, a snow plow auger is made: 2 pairs of rings are cut out of steel sheets, one side is cut on each one so that they can be opened.
The rings must be welded around the shaft. In order for the snow mass to be crushed, it is necessary to provide the rings with beveled teeth. At the end, install a socket, for which a steel pipe is fixed on the turntable.
The inlet must be securely fixed, and a good fan must be installed at its inlet, the role of which can be played by an old car stove. In order to feed the unit, it is necessary to install a generator that converts the power received from the rotation of the shaft into electricity. At the back of the bucket, make a mount on which the snow removal equipment will be hung.
The answer to the question of how to make a rotary snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands can be found on the Internet, including a video recording of the process. DIY drawings of a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor are freely available. Attachments for motoblocks and motor-cultivators, made as a snowblower, will help to cope with heavy snowfalls and clear the area from snow drifts. Snow removal with a walk-behind tractor significantly saves time and labor.
How to choose a suitable snow blower for a walk-behind tractor: a nozzle and attachment for a walk-behind tractor for cleaning snow
The snow blower for the walk-behind tractor is designed for clearing snow in winter. With its help, you can quickly and effectively clear the required area from snowdrifts. Such a structural element of a walk-behind tractor does not have to be bought, it can be made independently. A homemade snow blower will save you a lot of money.
How does a snow blower work
Consider how a snow blower works. A mounted snow blower for a walk-behind tractor is an equipment that does not remove snow on the sides of the road, but, on the contrary, picks up the snow and transfers it to the auger. Such equipment is a combination of two pairs of Archimedean screws, which are made from several strips, equipped with teeth on the outer edge. This makes it possible to combine several parts of the screw in such a way that they go into one another. All this allows you to provide a fairly large area of snow capture.
The screws of the structure look into the center of the unit, snow enters there, which is processed by the knife. The rotating blades allow crushing the hardest crust into a large number of small lumps. It is important to understand that paired propellers connected to each other make it possible to move slowly raked snow. One turn of the screw carries out the resulting lump exactly one turn. Such a system is needed so that the throwing channel is not clogged with a snow mass, as this can lead to contamination of the rotor or fan.
The auger equipment has a second name. single-stage. This is due to the fact that the material from the conveyor goes directly into the bell, from where the snow is blown out with a powerful stream of air. The rotary equipment is already two-stage. rotary-auger. With the help of a screw, the collected snow passes into the mouth, where the rotor operating at high speed gives the mass a certain speed and throws it out. A jet of snow can in this case fly out at a distance of up to 25 m.
How to choose a walk-behind tractor for cleaning snow
If you are planning to purchase a walk-behind tractor for clearing snow in winter on your personal plot, pay attention to the following points:
- Engine type. four-stroke gasoline. Motoblocks with such a motor have good performance and low weight. They also emit less exhaust gases and are cheaper than comparable diesel models.
- The snow-removing motoblock must be equipped with a power take-off shaft. Such models work perfectly with active hinges for cleaning large and small amounts of precipitation: blade-shovel, brush, rotary snow blower (snow rotor).
- Choose a medium class (semi-professional). The weight (80-120 kg) and engine power (6-8 hp) of such motoblocks will be enough to remove a large amount of snow.
DIY snow blower for walk-behind tractor, drawings
To make the device of all these types of snow blowers more understandable, let’s take a closer look at the drawings of these mechanisms with you:
Rotary snow blowers
If we convinced you of the need to make a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands, then prepare all the necessary tools:
- All kinds of keys;
- Fixed bolts and nuts;
- Screwdrivers of all sizes;
- File and hammer;
- Vise and pliers;
- Welding machine. as without it;
- Metal sheet and shaped pipe.
In order to make a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands, you need to understand the principle of its operation, now we will tell you about it and we can get to work.
Rotary snow blower, working principle
The most popular are rotary snow blowers, since they are the ones who are able to throw snow to the greatest distance from the walk-behind tractor, sometimes the range of snow “flight” can reach up to 12 m.
A rotary snow blower is a conventional metal body in which a rotating auger shaft is fixed. Snow masses are captured by augers and move to the impeller, where they are captured by its blades and fed first into the cavity of the mechanism, and then into the exhaust pipe.
Thanks to the reliable and powerful adapter and belt system, this snow throw is quite powerful.
In order for the snow blower to work, you need to make the correct connection through the belt drive of two shafts: one. a walk-behind tractor, with the second. a snow blower.
How to make a snow blower with your own hands on a walk-behind tractor
We offer everyone who wants to make a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with their own hands, so that they will once and for all get rid of dependence on snow drifts and plans in the country and keep the access roads to the house in excellent condition.
What are snow blowers
- Air-ventilation type. snow masses with great force are drawn in from one side and thrown out on the other, according to the principle of a vacuum cleaner;
- Auger. the auger captures the snow masses and, advancing along its entire length, throws it in the other direction;
- Bulldozer. a blade is installed in front of the unit, which captures and removes snow from the road;
- Fan-blade. hitting the fan blades, the snow rises into a special inclined pipe and is thrown through it to the side.
How to make a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands
To begin with, we return to the drawings and approach the lathe with them, which, of course, “accidentally” stands in your workshop. And now, working strictly according to the drawings, we are sculpting all the attachment parts of the future snow removal unit. If there is no lathe. do not be sad, turn to turners for help, they will gladly and for a reasonable fee grind all the necessary parts for you.
Now you need to make the most important part of the snow blower. the auger shaft! You will need a metal pipe with two trunnions at its ends, and 8 pieces of half-discs made of steel with a thickness of 2 mm. From this all the goodness, you will make screws, and then weld them to the pipe, as shown in the figure.
You should have a double helix.
After your hard work is crowned with success. we start assembling.
We put the shaft with augers on ball bearings 03, aluminum AMg3, or AMgb, is ideal for the glass body. Everything is bolted to the sides of the unit. The snow is captured by the augers and fed to the rotor. To correctly make a drum in which the rotor rotates, it is enough to get an aluminum 20 l boiler. Attach this boiler to the snow thrower body using 4mm rivets. Thanks to such a device, and special blades, the snow entering the drum will go on a “long-distance flight at 3. 8 m from the snow blower.!
And now let’s get down to connecting together two units, a walk-behind tractor and a snow blower! Do not forget about the torque, which can be recreated in a snow blower using a special A-100 belt with a pulley of the right size. Our V-belt drive transmits torque first from the engine to the shaft of the walk-behind tractor, and then to the shaft of the snow blower. everything worked out!
All shafts and augers, transmissions, we must place in a reliable metal case, steel 2 mm thick is ideal. Take the sheets and weld them so that the corners are 20x20mm. Rivets with a diameter of 4mm and special M4 screws will help to fasten the joints. Put the unit on homemade skis.
Motoblock with blade, diagram:
Those wishing to make another type of snow blower can familiarize themselves with the typical scheme:
How to make a snow blower with a blade for a walk-behind tractor,
We saw the diagram, and now watch the video instruction and get to work as soon as possible!
Installing a snow blower on a walk-behind tractor. about installation in detail
The blade should be fastened to the walk-behind tractor by means of a system of brackets, which should be welded to the supporting structure of the walk-behind tractor. Use two rods that will be inoperative as additional locks. The rods will serve to reduce the load on the brackets used.
It is not recommended to use bolts without brackets for fastening for a number of reasons. Firstly, they can freeze to the structure, which is why you cannot remove the blade from the walk-behind tractor. Secondly, the bolts, even anchor bolts, when operating a walk-behind tractor with a blade, will succumb to strong vibration, which will lead to their deformation or loss right during harvesting. Third, the bolts will not be able to hold the bucket full of snow. As a result, the fasteners will break sooner or later.
Blade design features
A dump is an attachment in the form of a shovel or a bucket installed on a walk-behind tractor in order to clear the local area from snow and debris, as well as level the soil. A snow blower for a walk-behind tractor greatly simplifies cleaning, and can be used both in the local area and in the common area.
- only forward;
- with a slope of 30 ° to the left;
- with a slope of 30 ° to the right.
Before proceeding directly to the manufacture of a snow plow, you should choose the optimal angle of the shovel position, and fix it on the walk-behind tractor using the L-shaped mount.
Blade for walk-behind tractor
Often so much snow falls over several winter days that it can be quite difficult to remove it with a shovel alone. In this case, a walk-behind tractor will come to the rescue, which can be equipped with a homemade blade. This will help clear the area, saving you time and energy.
Blade from a gas cylinder. how to do it yourself?
One of the most common options is to make a blade from a 200 liter barrel, or from a gas cylinder. Such a nozzle for snow removal will successfully cope with clearing the local area from caked ice-covered snow masses, and will save you time and effort.
As in the first case, you will need a detailed diagram, which will describe in detail all the sizes and installation locations of the main elements of the snow blower. Further, to make an auger or rotary snow blower, you will need to prepare the same materials and tools as in the first case. Steel sheets and stiffeners do not need to be purchased. a cylinder or barrel will be used instead.
A snow plow for a walk-behind tractor is made as follows:
- Cut an empty barrel or cylinder into 3 parts. as a result, you should have 3 curved segments, from which you need to make a shovel;
- Weld 2 segments of the three obtained to each other along the contour. As a result, you will receive a product with a thickness of 3 mm. this is quite enough for high-quality snow removal;
- Install a sturdy steel blade to reinforce the bottom of the blade. Drill 3 holes in the knife with a pitch of 10 and a diameter of 6 mm. When installing the knife on the bucket, place a rubber gasket between the elements;
- In the middle part of the installed pipe, weld a semicircle in which 3 holes are made in advance. they will be used to securely fix the turning corners of the bucket;
- From another piece of pipe, make an L-shaped holder. Insert one of the ends of the part into one of the holes in the semicircle, and fix the other on the frame of the walk-behind tractor. You can see the result of the work done in the photo.
A ready-made snow shovel will help remove a large amount of freshly fallen and packed snow. Thanks to the large bucket width, you can clear a significant swath, saving you time and effort.
BCS 749 Walk Behind Tractor w/ Snow Blower
For better cleaning of the local area, a sweeping brush can be installed on the manufactured dump. It should be bolted just behind the bucket. If you want to use this element, then during the manufacture of the blade, 2 pipes must be welded to its side parts, at least 1 m long.A third pipe is welded perpendicularly to the pipes, and the brush itself is welded to it.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a walk-behind tractor?
A shovel for a walk-behind tractor is one of the simplest options for a blade, but this does not mean that it will take 30 minutes to make it and a minimum of scrap materials. On the contrary, if you want to make a shovel for a walk-behind tractor, you will need to carefully prepare and purchase all the necessary tools and materials in advance.
In order for the homemade blade to turn out as high quality as possible, be sure to study the drawings. They will tell you the dimensions and order of fastening the elements of the clearing device.
After a detailed study of the drawings, prepare all the necessary equipment and materials. To work you will need:
- tin sheets, at least 3 mm thick. The dimensions of the sheets must be 85 x 22 x 45 cm;
- 1 metal stand. a steel pipe is suitable for this;
- 4 stiffening ribs, about 4 mm thick;
- a strip of steel long enough to cover the blade. The thickness of the strip must be at least 5 mm;
- 2 lugs for fastening the blade rod;
- a set of washers and nuts;
- square pipe, with a cross section of 4 × 4 cm and a length of 1 m;
- a set of drills with a diameter of 5–6 and 8–9 mm;
- a flat piece of rubber;
- 2 rods, 52 cm long each;
- 1 sheet of steel, 10–12 mm thick with dimensions 60 x 60 cm;
- welding machine;
- grinder with discs for cutting steel;
- hammer drill or electric drill.
Having at hand all of the above materials and tools, it will be easier for you to make a mounted snow blower for a walk-behind tractor. The correct procedure is as follows:
- Make the intake bucket first. To do this, take the stiffeners and weld the frame from them with three horizontal and four vertical guides. Next, heat the steel sheets with a gas burner and carefully bend the metal so that it takes the shape of a ladle. Weld the finished element to the frame made of stiffeners. As a result, you should have a snow plow identical to the one shown in the photo;
- Next, make a knife for clearing snow. this element should grind packed snow and strengthen the snowplow on the walk-behind tractor. To make a knife, take a steel strip and drill 3 identical holes in it, the diameter of which should be 5–6 mm. The distance between them should not be less than 10 cm. Next, fix the knife with bolts, putting a rubber gasket between it and the bucket;
- The next step will be the manufacture and installation of the fastening mechanism. Cut a piece of pipe that is 4 × 4 cm and weld it to the back of the bucket approximately in the middle of the element. In the middle of the tube, weld a piece in the shape of a semicircle. for this, take a thick piece of steel. In a semicircle, make 3 identical holes, which will later be needed to screw in the bolts;
- Next, take the same piece of pipe and make a holder out of it that resembles the letter “G”. Carefully insert one end of the holder into one of the holes in the semicircle, and secure the other end securely to the frame of the walk-behind tractor;
- The bucket lifting height can be adjusted by means of two bolts screwed into the surface of the existing recesses in the square tube. The video will tell you more about the manufacture of a snow plow.
Having made a shovel on a walk-behind tractor for cleaning snow, it is imperative to check the operability of the device. First of all, test the serviceability of the blade height adjustment mechanism. this will give confidence that when cleaning in the yard, you will not damage the decorative coating of the local area. The snow plow attachment to the walk-behind tractor should not outweigh the agricultural machine. if you notice that the center of gravity of the unit and attachments is broken, then be sure to attach the weighting agents to the rear of the walk-behind tractor.
Rules for operating a walk-behind tractor with a homemade blade
In order for the snow cleaning to take place without unexpected incidents, you should adhere to certain rules for using a homemade blade. These include:
- to save the engine resource, use a snow blade with a height of at least 5 cm. in other cases, you can use only a sweeping brush by raising the bucket;
- when using a walk-behind tractor with a blade, put special anti-slip chains on the wheels of the unit in advance. they will prevent the machine from skidding on ice;
- with regular cleaning of a large amount of snow, check the engine of the walk-behind tractor from time to time. when working with attachments, it lends itself to increased heating and wear, which can lead to oil boiling in the motor;
- regularly check the reliability of the fasteners. replace brackets with cracks immediately;
- so that the snow plow does not crack and deform, carefully set the height of its position above the cover of the adjacent territory;
- in no case try to scrape off the remnants of snow from the bottom of the bucket. for this you have a sweeping brush;
- constantly make sure that snow and ice pieces do not fall inside the walk-behind tractor through the grill and holes in the body. this can lead to engine breakdown, damage to the piston group and carburetor, as well as a short circuit inside the walk-behind tractor wiring. To protect the unit, cover all openings in its body with steel shields. In this case, the latter should be installed so that their rear parts are slightly bent away from the body. Thus, the air necessary to cool it will get to the engine;
- before installing and using the blade, install a protective plate in front of the front wheels of the walk-behind tractor. it will prevent ice and snow from falling on the suspension parts of the unit, the melting of which will lead to the formation of rust on the parts;
- if, when raising or lowering the bucket, you find strange creaks emitted by the blade rods, be sure to lubricate the bolts and brackets with grease;
- at the end of the winter season, thoroughly clean and dry the blade of snow and dry before taking the blade to the garage for storage. After that, treat the bucket surface, rods, mounting brackets and bolts with an anti-rust agent;
All of the listed tips for the manufacture, installation and operation of a homemade blade are suitable for motoblocks Salyut, Agro, OKA, Patriot, MTZ, Agat, Cascade, as well as Neva MB-1 and MB-2.
Rotary snow blower. how to make
Authorization on the site
Snow blower power plant. D-6 engine with a muffler, a tank and a throttle control cable. from a motorbike. The torque from the engine is transmitted by a chain to a sprocket Z = 18, fixed on the rotor shaft, made on a lathe in the centers from one installation. As a blank, we used a corresponding part from a burnt out electric motor. The shaft is seated in the housing on 4 ball bearings No. 80202 placed in pairs and fixed with a steel clamping ring and MB bolts on the rotor housing. A special bracket that captures the pressure ring is used to attach the rotor body to the frame.
The main working body of the snow blower. rotor. consists of a steel disc with a diameter of 290 mm and a thickness of 2 mm, to which the hub is first attached with MB screws, and then 5 blades are welded to the disc and hub with clamps, reinforced with stiffeners at the back. When assembling the snow blower, the rotor is fixed on the shaft with an M10 nut and locked.
The rotor body is welded from steel, has a removable aluminum wall at the front. The scrapers are also removable, each of them is attached to the body and frame with two MB screws. The working width can be changed depending on the thickness and density of the snow cover by changing the scrapers.
The frame of the snow blower is welded, it uses pipe sections from the old bicycle, and the carriage assembly (V-shaped sub-engine rack) serves to mount the D-6 engine.
It is better to connect the wheels with a common axle, which will reduce the “yaw” of the mechanism during operation. By the way, runners or skates can be used with no less success.
The engine cooling system used by us is simple and efficient enough. These are three blades of duralumin, 2 mm thick, fixed with M4 screws on the pulley used to start the engine.
The fan is covered with a soldered casing riveted to the crankcase cover. Cylinder head rotated 90 ° during installation for better cooling.
Snow blower for walk-behind tractor Salute
Hinged elements for this brand remove snow cover from flat areas, the device works at an external temperature of up to 20 ˚С. The mechanism is available in several versions, which differ in the way of attachment to the walk-behind tractor.
The snowplow for the walk-behind tractor is assembled at the factory by welding, the working element is a screw-shaped auger. Its rotation promotes the movement of the snow mass to the center from the edges, then to the nozzle with the help of movable blades. A swivel screen is designed to adjust the discharge. Snow sampling height is adjusted by support side plates.
- length. 60 cm, height. 83 cm, width. 65 cm;
- captures a strip 0.5 m wide;
- removes a layer of snow up to 18 cm thick;
- frequency of revolutions. 2100 per minute;
- device weight. 61 kg.
The snow blower is attached to the shaft of the walk-behind tractor, which transfers rotation from the engine to it. While driving through the territory, the installed auger crushes the snow into pieces. The air flow from the fan throws the mass in the selected direction. Work efficiency depends on the density and moisture content of the snow cover. In the process of work, the range and angle of spread are regulated. For light rainfall, simple attachments have been developed in the form of conventional buckets and brushes.
A walk-behind tractor is a mobile energy mechanism of universal action based on a single-axle chassis, which looks like a small tractor. The operator follows the technique on the treated surface, holding the moving mechanism by the control knobs.
DIY auger snow blower for walk-behind tractor
The device is a high-performance technique. The nozzle of the auger snow blower for the walk-behind tractor is a semicircular body in which the auger shaft is wrapped on bearings. Circular knives, blades, rectangular blades or a spiral-shaped metal strip are welded to the axle.
Above the central part of the auger, there is a nozzle. a wide opening. It is connected to a sleeve that receives the snow mass. The end of the sleeve is limited by a movable visor for adjusting the direction of the jet. In the lower part of the bucket-body, a static knife blade is placed for cutting dense crust and compacted snow. The bottom of the bucket is equipped with ski-shaped skids to reduce drag.
The work takes place according to the following principle:
- a stationary blade, when moving, cuts and lifts a layer of snow, it falls into the bucket;
- the blades break pieces of snow, crush the mass and, when rotating, shift it to the central part;
- the mass is pushed out of the housing through the upper nozzle;
- the operator of the walk-behind tractor changes the position of the protective visor and adjusts the direction of the discharge;
- to change the throwing distance, the operator increases or decreases the rotation speed of the auger for the walk-behind tractor (number of revolutions).
The torque is transmitted to the auger shaft using a chain or belt pass. For the manufacture of the case, take any metal sheet and bend it in the shape of a cylinder, leaving a third part of the protrusion of the lower knife for the entry of snow.
Metal or plywood with a thickness of more than 16 mm is used as sidewalls. The hubs are attached to the sidewalls with bolts, and bearings are placed in them to ensure the rotation of the shaft. For convenience, trunnions are welded onto the shaft, taking axial loads. An asterisk for a chain drive is attached to one of them, sometimes a belt is used instead of a chain.
To make circular knives, they take metal rings, saw them on the sides, then open them and stretch them in opposite directions to get spiral turns. The resulting shapes are attached to the shaft so that when rotating, the movement occurs towards the center. There must be equal gaps between the turns on the shaft, neglect of this rule will lead to skipping ejection or accumulation of excess snow in the sleeve or in front of the nozzle.
The material for the plates can be selected from the following options:
- transport belt or tire disks are suitable for removing fresh snow and loose layers;
- steel discs work well on packed snow and wet heavy layers;
- if teeth are made on knives made of steel discs, such helical blades on the shaft will help cut the icy snow cover.
On the side edges and in front of heavy-weight shovels, rubber strips are attached to prevent damage to tiles or other decorative coverings of the area hidden under the snow. The choice of the angle of the shovel and its tilt allows you to set the device to the optimal position for efficient work. The bucket is attached with a removable bracket, resulting in a miniature bulldozer.
The material is a pipe cut with a diameter of 280 mm or more or half of an unnecessary gas cylinder. A segment is cut out of the cylinder with the help of a grinder, which is 1/3 of the volume in size. A trailing bracket is attached to the remaining part and the rods are welded. When moving the walk-behind tractor, the bucket rakes up the snow, the angular turn allows you to shift the mass to the side to the side of the road. In the idle position, the shovel is raised, and the movement is carried out in reverse.
Hinged brushes are used instead of a shovel, as an option for snow removal equipment. The rotating brush works efficiently. such a device is indispensable when removing snow cover on expensive surfaces that are not visible under the snow.
A brush or two is connected by means of a transmission to the wraparound shaft of the walk-behind tractor. The choice of stripping parameters. working width and layer height. depends on the mechanism designer. Usually it is possible to turn the brushes to the right and to the left, to install cleaning elements of different sizes.
DLC – Homemade Sulky
Attachment to the Neva mini-tractor
The design is a prefabricated welded body with a rotating auger located inside. It is connected to the shaft by means of a coupling mechanism and receives rotation from the drive. The knives are assembled blades or screw tapes, fastened by welding, the snow is removed through the sleeve. Walk-behind tractors are available in three varieties that can be attached to other brands of walk-behind tractors.
Technical indicators vary depending on the model:
- passage width. 56-70 cm;
- the maximum thickness of a snowdrift is 17-20 cm;
- discharge of a snow stream. 8 or 5 m;
- nozzle weight. 55-60 kg;
- movement speed. 2-4 m / m.
Homemade Snow Cleaners
In a home workshop, it is easy to create a universal snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands. If there is no traction mechanism, the snow blower is equipped with an engine. this does not affect the design of the attachment.
The equipment is made in the form:
- blade, attached to the frame, in the form of a bucket shovel or brush;
- a screw device in the form of a body with blades rotating inside;
- a rotor, which received the second name. a fan;
- a combined device of a complex design with a combination of a screw and a rotor in one device.