Doesn’t Run Spin In A Bosch Washer
What to do if your “home assistant” doesn’t wring the laundry after a wash cycle? This question is often asked by machine users. Let’s try to understand all the causes of such a malfunction and tell you how to fix it using the Boch washing machine as an example.
Most often, the Bosch washing machine does not wring out if the user makes a mistake when choosing a program or violates simple operating rules. Washing programs designed for delicate clothes and linen are initially set up so that there is no spin at all or it runs at the lowest speed. Therefore, you should not be surprised if you get too wet underwear from the drum after the Silk mode.
The second reason. The user inattentively set the spin speed on the washing machine, turning off the spin completely. In principle, there is no problem. It is enough to wait until the end of the washing program and turn on the spin function separately. Such a function on Boch washers is indicated by a spiral.
The third reason is the discrepancy between the laundry mass and the maximum drum load and its volume. Do not overload the drum, as well as not to load. Not a wrinkled down jacket is a consequence of overloading the washer with a small volume, and wet curtains from organza are the opposite of underload.
Be careful when sorting linen, not only its color is important, but also the quantity and weight of the products. For small things you need to report something large or tennis balls.
If the above reasons are not your case, then you need to look for damage. Cause a lack of spin may:
- Faulty tachometer;
- Faulty water level sensor;
- Broken electric motor;
- Clogged filter or pump;
- Breakdown of the electronic module.
We will talk more about finding the above faults in more detail in the next paragraph. And now I would like to talk about the specific design features of belt-driven washing machines, including Boch. The fact is that with such washers, the belt stretches over time and can no longer provide a stable transmission.
Some people will ask: “what does the spin problem have to do with it and what does the drive belt have to do with them”? In fact, the attitude is the most direct. An elongated belt leads to the fact that information about revolutions that does not correspond to that which is laid down in the database comes to the electronic module from the tachometer. As a result, a failure occurs in the electronic module, which causes the program to stop just before spinning. The solution is to tighten the belt or replace it. By the way, if you do not have Boch, but Ardo washing machine does not wring out linen, the reason may be exactly the same.
After replacing the belt, the electronics of the Boch washing machine begin to work correctly, as do the electrical modules.
If the Boch washing machine refuses to squeeze out the laundry, and indeed activate this stage of the washing program, you need to start by twisting and inspecting the waste filter. Cleaning the waste filter is a must for any automatic washing machine, and if you neglect it, everything can result in problems with draining the water and starting the spin program.
Next, we need to turn off the washing machine and pull it to a place where you can safely disassemble the “home assistant”. We take out the powder receptacle, put the washer on the left side and remove the tray. From below we get to the drain pipe and pump. Unscrew the clamps, pull off the pipe and inspect it. We remove the pump, disassemble it and examine, first of all, the impeller. After that, take a multimeter and check the resistance of the unit.
If everything is fine with the pump, you should immediately check the engine, since getting to it through the bottom is relatively convenient. Remove the brushes, if they are intact, check the resistance of the engine winding.
This is mainly done to clear my conscience, because in the above situation the engine is usually healthy, although problems with brushes periodically occur.
After checking the engine, we are taken for the tachometer of the Boch washing machine. The Hall sensor is located directly on the motor housing of the washing machine, we also get to it through the bottom, remove it and check the resistance. If the sensor does not ring, it is changed to a similar one.
Now check the pressure switch.
- We unscrew the screws that hold the top cover of the Boch washing machine.
- Remove the top cover.
- We find an object similar to the one shown in the figure below, this is the water level sensor.
- We thoroughly clean and blow through its tube, and then measure the resistance; if a breakdown is detected, the pressure switch must be changed.
Worst of all, if, after all, troubleshooting leads you to the Boch washing machine control module. It is necessary to find out which of the triacs failed, and to do this, having only the philistine experience in dealing with electronics, is very difficult, almost impossible. You will have to contact a qualified master.
Any technique tends to break down periodically, and indeed there is nothing eternal, but strangely enough, a person can make the Boch washing machine last longer than usual without breakdowns. How to do it? Everything is very simple, you need to follow the rules that the masters constantly talk about. And which, with the same unenviable constancy, are ignored by users of washing machines. These are the rules.
- Do not throw clothes into the washing machine drum without first checking its pockets or removing all foreign objects that might get into the tank and subsequently cause blockage.
- Put the average amount of laundry in the drum. It is very important not to overload the car, but also not to idle. For example, if your Boch washer has a load of 6 kg, then you need to wash from 2.5 to 5 kg. This is optimal. Such a measure will allow the engine and drive mechanism to last as long as possible.
- Run the washing machine at least 1 time per month. If for some reason the washer is idle for a long time idle, its gum will become unusable, which in turn will make the user pay for the repair.
- Do not pour too much powder into the powder receptacle. Remember, the washing machine will not appreciate your generosity, rather, on the contrary, excess powder will clog the pipes and the pressure switch tube, which will lead to breakage.
Never sprinkle powder according to the standards indicated on the pack. The manufacturer, pursuing his interests, indicates an overestimated amount of funds.
- If there is such an opportunity, purchase a voltage stabilizer and continue to connect the washing machine to the mains only through it. This measure will protect the sensitive electronics of the washing machine from many risks.
- After completing each wash, do not forget to carry out routine care for your “home helper”: wipe the hatch of the hatch and the powder receptacle with a cloth, open the hatch to dry and pull out the powder cuvette, unscrew the waste filter and drain the remaining water so that it does not stagnate.
To summarize, we note that the Boch washing machine, in spite of the myths about reliability, the washers of this brand periodically break down. In particular, often the machine simply refuses to spin the laundry. We discussed the reasons for this behavior on the page of this publication, we hope the information will be useful to you!