Electric Trimmer Does Not Turn Up
For mowing grass on a small lawn, it is not necessary to purchase an expensive and bulky lawn mower; it can easily be replaced with a gasoline / electric trimmer. The device of these machines is quite simple, they are convenient to use and unpretentious in maintenance. But sometimes problems do occur. One of them. When the trimmer does not develop the maximum number of revolutions. Will be discussed in this article.
Trimmers are reliable and durable (of course, subject to proper care). Most often, malfunctions arise due to contamination of structural elements.
If the engine of your brushcutter does not start, does not gain momentum, does not reach the power you need, or suddenly stalls, the cause may be:
- Low-quality fuel (fuel mixture), it may be in long-term storage or in non-compliance with the formulation of the mixture;
- Grass wound on the shaft of the fishing line / knife head;
- Clogged air filter / muffler;
- Imbalance carburetor.
The first three reasons are quite easy to eliminate. If the matter is in the mixture, it is necessary to pour the old fuel out of the tank, prepare a new emulsion of high-quality gasoline and engine oil (if your engine needs a mixture) and pour it into the fuel tank. If the trimmer runs on clean gas, it’s still easier.
In the second case, it is necessary to carefully release the trimmer parts from the wound grass.
If the filter is clogged, you can try to rinse it. If this procedure has no effect, replace it with a new one.
The last reason why the brushcutter does not work properly will require a little more knowledge and skills from you.
To correctly adjust the carburetor of the brushcutter, you must follow a certain procedure. First clean the air filter thoroughly. It is easiest to rinse it (it is advisable to sprinkle water on the filter regularly after 9-10 hours of operation).
After that, in the scheme of your trimmer, which is in the instruction manual of the device, find the adjustment screws. Usually there are three of them: the first is responsible for supplying fuel, the second for idling, well, and the third is designed to limit the number of maximum engine speeds.
Next, turn on the unit and wait for the engine to warm up.
Slowly tighten the first adjusting screw (fuel mixture supply). Catch the moment when the motor starts to stall, and turn the screw in the opposite direction by 45 degrees. If you do not have time and the motor stalls, you should turn the screw 90 degrees. Open the throttle and see how the speed increases. Next, you should slowly unscrew the screw (each turn is the same 45 degrees) until the moment when at full throttle the motor begins to firmly produce a maximum of revolutions.
The second screw, as mentioned above, controls the engine idle speed. By weakening it, you reduce the number of revolutions, twisting. Increase. The screw must be adjusted so as to ensure reliable motor operation at low speeds. For a better start, speed up the engine a little. At the same time, make sure that the motor makes several dozen revolutions before the movement of knives / reel with fishing line. If the engine starts poorly, tighten the screw a little.
After you have adjusted the first two screws, test the operation of the device at maximum engine speed. If necessary, you can limit it (maximum). This will protect the motor from “boiling”. To do this, you need to tackle the third screw. Loosen the lock nut until the adjusting screw can be turned easily. To increase the maximum number of revolutions, the screw must be loosened, to reduce. On the contrary, tighten. Lock the position of the screw with a nut. Test the motor again.
Check the position of the screws regularly. The high level of vibration inherent in the brushcutters can cause them to shift involuntarily.
Remember that carb adjustment is not the final procedure. During the operation of the lawn mowers, you most likely will have to bother with it more than once, because an unbalanced carburetor means both increased fuel consumption and a quick failure of candles, not to mention a decrease in the power and performance of the device.
- If you are unable to tighten / loosen the adjusting screws normally, it may be because the spring is too thick and stiff. Then you can choose a more suitable one instead.
- If your unit does not need pure gasoline, but its mixture with engine oil, strictly observe the proportions indicated in the operating instructions. There is one trifle: the recommended ratio is 1: 25 (for all grades of oil) or 1: 50 (for “native” oils). Try the first ratio first. If with such a recipe oil drips appear on the motor and a heavy deposit forms on the candle, halve the proportion of oil. Usually this contributes to the disappearance of traces and reduce the amount of soot.
- To clean the electrodes of the candle from combustion products, you can use a fine-grained “sandpaper”. Wipe them with a dry cloth first and then gently scrub them with sandpaper. If the space between the device’s body and the insulator is also clogged, a plain, unclipped paper clip will help to clean it. To do this, soak the candle for a short time in diesel fuel, and then scrape off the dirt. If the blockage is small, one procedure is enough. With severe contamination, sometimes you have to repeat it several times. After thorough cleaning, the candle must be wiped dry from the remains of diesel fuel, and then it can be used for its intended purpose.
- Please note that foreign lawn mowers (gasoline, electric or battery) require a little more care than domestic ones. In particular, many people insistently recommend entrusting professionals with adjusting the carburetor of a two-stroke engine, especially if your purchase has not expired the warranty period of service.
- And finally, one more tip: follow all the manufacturer’s recommendations on the operation and maintenance of the device. So you extend its trouble-free operation.
What to do if the gas trimmer is not gaining momentum, you will learn further.
All rights reserved, 14
The use of any materials without our prior written consent is prohibited.