Gasoline Dilution Proportion For Chainsaw
The ratio of oil to gasoline is the main type of fuel for two-stroke engines. The fuel mixture guarantees the efficient operation of the engine, helps to preserve its moving parts and reduce the number of breakdowns.
Fuel and oil for the preparation of the mixture
Properly preparing the fuel mixture is not always easy. It is necessary to correctly calculate the proportions, mix the liquids and store the finished mixture correctly. Some drivers use their own recipes, adding their "secret" ingredients, among which may even be soda. To prepare the fuel mixture was not a problem, you need to follow a few simple rules and follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
To prepare the mixture using standard gasoline and oil from various manufacturers. What brand of gasoline should be used to prepare the oil fuel mixture? Some mistakenly believe that 80th grade gasoline is best suited, because it has many different additives. This is partly true, but that does not make it better than 92nd and 95th grade gasoline.
over, it is very difficult to get 80th grade gasoline, because not one major fuel producer in the country now produces it. Therefore, the best option is 95th grade gasoline, which has almost the same cost as 92nd grade gasoline.
Which oil is best for preparing the mixture? It all depends on the preferences of the driver in a particular manufacturer. The only thing is that it is important to use the oil only for its intended purpose. If the oil is for a tractor or boat, then it is not worth using it for a car.
Rules for the preparation of the fuel mixture
The process of preparing the fuel mixture should begin with a detailed familiarization with the instructions attached to it. As mentioned at the beginning of the article, some drivers, who, in their opinion, have incredible experience, do everything “by eye”. Of course, over time, each driver knows how and what needs to be done, but each mixture has its own differences, so it will never be superfluous to get acquainted with the tips from the manufacturer.
The main rules for the operation of the fuel mixture include:
- In no case do not reduce the proportion of oil in relation to gasoline. Oil is an expensive component, so many decide to save on it. However, an insufficient amount of oil in the mixture leads to strong heating of the piston and engine cylinder. Because of this, badass appears, which ultimately leads to the need for serious repairs.
- Do not use too much oil in relation to gasoline. Increasing the proportions of oil is also detrimental to the operation of the engine. Excessive amounts of oil lead to an increase in soot and rapid wear of the motor mechanism. Repair in this case will be as expensive as in the first case.
- Do not store the prepared mixture for longer than 30 days. Otherwise, it loses its properties and the use of such a mixture may harm the engine.
- Dirt, dust and other mechanical debris must not be allowed to cause the engine to become unusable.
Proportions and Mixing Process
How to determine the proportions for mixing oil with gasoline? Standard proportions should be indicated on containers with oil. The amount of oil used may vary depending on the manufacturer, but proportions of 1:40 or 1:50 are often used. A slight deviation from this ratio is allowed. this will not entail serious consequences.
Видео: Gasoline Dilution Proportion For Chainsaw
Having determined the exact proportions, you need to proceed to the direct preparation of the mixture. How can this be done? For this, various containers are suitable. Important: in no case should you mix fuel with oil directly in the gas tank, pouring one liquid after another in turn. the mixture is always prepared separately and only then it is slowly poured into the gas tank.
For mixing, you can use a variety of devices, among which:
- Special containers for mixing. These are convenient canisters with two separate parts. separately for gasoline and oil. To prepare the mixture in such a container, you just need to pour the right amount of liquid, close the container and tilt the canister several times. Such devices are very convenient, but they are quite expensive. If you mix the mixture often enough, then you should think about purchasing such a container.
- Conventional metal and plastic cans. Standard cans are the most practical fixtures. One has only to be careful when using plastic and glass cans, because when using them there is a possibility of a discharge of electricity. If you need to prepare a small amount of the mixture, you can use a regular plastic bottle.
- The means at hand. To save money, many use improvised devices, for example, baby horns and even syringes. Such funds are not very convenient, but they cost a penny.
How and in what to store the finished mixture?
Manufacturers recommend storing the fuel mixture in a clean container, preferably in a metal one. In no case should you leave the mixture in direct sunlight, because this will lead not only to the loss of its properties, but also to other very unpleasant consequences. The maximum shelf life of the finished mixture is 30 days.
Depending on the frequency of use of the car, some drivers prepare the mixture once a week, others. once a month. Of course, not every owner has the time to constantly measure proportions and mix fuel with oil. It is important to remember that the fresher the mixture, the better it is for the engine.
Many people use plastic cans and bottles as containers for storing the mixture. It is convenient and practical. There is always room for a small plastic bottle. However, this should be careful. The fact is that during prolonged storage in a container made of plastic, the fuel mixture can literally "eat" a hole in it. The process of corroding plastic is very fast. Therefore, it is best to use metal containers.
Perhaps this is not so convenient, but more reliable. If you still need to use a plastic canister, then remember that you can store the mixture in it for no more than two to three days. Next, you need to transfer it to another container.
Signs of misuse
Using a contaminated or disproportionate mixture can cause serious engine malfunctions. If you made a mistake when mixing. it’s okay, because the car itself will tell you about it. You need only to be attentive to some signs, among which:
- The appearance of dirt and various deposits on the carburetor.
- Rapid contamination of the fuel filter located in the gas tank.
- Oxidation of the walls of the carburetor and loss of elasticity of the rubber diaphragm in various parts of the gas tank. This symptom manifests itself only during prolonged storage of unusable mixture directly in the gas tank of the car.
The formation of tarry deposits in the carburetor area.
At the slightest manifestation of one of the signs, it is necessary to make changes to the mixing process, choosing more suitable proportions. Thus, you can choose the perfect fuel mixture and avoid serious irregularities in the engine.
In order to independently prepare the correct fuel mixture, which will ensure the perfect engine performance, it is necessary to use the appropriate fuel, strictly adhere to the proportions specified by the manufacturer, use a suitable container and store the finished mixture for no longer than 30 days. Adhering to these rules, you will prepare the perfect mixture for the engine of your car.