Goodluck Chainsaw Chain Oil Adjustment
A chainsaw is a hand tool designed to work with wood material. It is equipped with a gasoline internal combustion engine. It is a complex constructive device. During operation, a violation of the factory settings occurs, therefore, it is periodically required to conduct a procedure such as adjusting the chainsaw.
A chainsaw consists of several large independent nodes.
- The internal combustion engine is designed to generating mechanical energy that is used to drive a chain saw.
- The gearbox transmits torque from the engine to the cutting tool. It is a set of gears and countershafts.
- Clutch is an intermediate link between the gearbox and the chain. It is used for short-term rupture of a chain “reducer. Chain”. Provides immobility of the chain saw at idle. It interrupts or weakens the transmission moment in case of emergency (for example, braking the saw to a complete stop), which allows the engine to work and not stall.
- An automatic brake interrupts the operation of the chain when it breaks, bounces from the treated tree, and the occurrence of abnormal operating modes.
- The tire is a guide for a chain saw.
- Chain tension mechanism.
- Chain lubricator and other elements.
The principle of operation of a chainsaw
Starting the main internal combustion engine carried out by starter. The engine speed is controlled through a carburetor, which in turn is controlled by an accelerator. When a certain speed is reached, the automatic clutch starts transmitting torque to the chain.
To obtain more power and speed through the accelerator, more fuel is supplied through the carburetor. This is important in the sawing process, as the power of the cutting tool will be directed to the processing of wood.
Chainsaw tuning works
Work on adjusting the chainsaw is divided into two groups:
- Setting up individual nodes;
- Preventative tool maintenance.
Carburetor. One of the nodes providing stable operation of the chainsaw. The speed of the set of revolutions, the power output, and the uniformity of sawing depend on it.
The adjustment of the unit is reduced to setting the minimum and maximum revolutions of the internal combustion engine, as well as to setting the idle speed. This is done independently or with the help of a professional wizard.
With a properly adjusted, clean carburetor, the engine provides:
- Chain immobility in idle mode;
- Smooth and fast set of engine speed;
- During operation, the gasoline unit sounds similar to a 4-stroke engine.
The chain tension is adjusted:
- When installing the chain on a chainsaw after the sharpening operation;
- With a weakening of the tension during operation of the chainsaw;
- When replacing a worn or broken chain to a new one.
The chain is tensioned with a special screw. Most often, for convenience, it is located on the side surface. The tension force is controlled experimentally. The nominal position of the chain is determined by the tire, while the lower part of the chain cannot have a gap, since it should not sag.
The degree of tension is determined manually. With a hand wearing a protective glove, the chain is scrolled. With the standard arrangement of the chain in the tire, the movement of the cutting tool should be free, without much effort.
Note: when adjusting the chain tension, the brake must be in the free state. Unlocked.
Tip: when operating the saw in winter conditions, the tension must be carried out on a heated saw. Due to a rise in temperature, the metal elements expand and the chain may sag. At the end of work, the tension should be loosened. During cooling, an excessive load from the reduction of metal during cooling can occur.
Chain lubrication mechanism
The chain needs to be lubricated for stable operation. Oil. This role is performed by a special unit. The lubrication mechanism. During operation, interruptions in its operation may occur:
- Lack of oil in the tank, as a result of which a small amount of lubricating fluid will flow to the circuit. It is necessary to replenish the oil level;
- Clogging of the output channels. It is required to clean and replace the filter;
- The small diameter of the outlet is regulated by a special screw.
During normal operation of the chain lubrication system, oil traces can be seen if you bring the working saw to a light, unpolluted surface, for example, to a fresh cut of a tree (stump).
The amount of oil supplied to the circuit depends on the operating conditions. With dense, viscous or raw wood, oil consumption should be greater. Dry material will require less lubricating fluid.
Saw sharpening is done independently. By means of devices and a file or on the grinding machine. It is produced during the development of cutting edges, minor chips on the teeth.
Filter change is carried out periodically in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Air, oil and fuel cells are subject to updating.
Spark plugs are replaced after a certain time, guided by the requirements of operation.
Refueling Various manufacturers and the type of engine determine the composition of the fuel mixture. A 2- or 4-stroke gasoline engine is fueled with gasoline with or without oil.
A correctly configured chainsaw is the key to safe and high-performance work. Remember this!
on how to properly tighten the chainsaw chain.
on adjusting the oil supply for chain lubrication.