How much oil to pour into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor
Transmission oils for filling gasoline and diesel motoblocks
As for the gearbox, transmission oils must be used to fill it. For example, semi-synthetic oil ZIC 10W40, designed for gasoline and diesel motoblocks, would be a good choice. API indicator. SM / CF, ACEA. A3 / B3, A3 / B4, C3.
Sold, as a rule, in a 4-liter container.
Another worthy oil is Super T-3 85W-90 from Gazpromneft. Its technical data will be as follows:
- API indicator. GL-5;
- viscosity grade. 85W90;
- temperature indicator of loss of fluidity –.280C;
- flash point. 2170C;
- package length. 270 mm;
- packing width. 130 mm;
- packing height. 240 mm.
This gear oil is also available in a 4 liter container.
This is not the whole list of oils that can be poured into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor. In principle, any person who is familiar with the basic parameters of the oil can independently determine what is needed for his walk-behind tractor.
Changing the oil in the walk-behind tractor: what and how much to fill in the gearbox
Few people can be surprised by the presence of a walk-behind tractor in a personal household, because this technical device has been known since Soviet times. Thanks to him, it became possible to quickly and high-quality cultivation of the soil, which used to take quite a long time, and also took a lot of effort.
However, in order for your walk-behind tractor, as they say, to serve you faithfully, regularly plowing the land and performing its other functions, you need to operate it correctly.
In particular, you need to know how much oil to fill in the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor so that it works in optimal mode, and its parts are not erased from the lack of the necessary lubrication.
In principle, all the necessary information, as a rule, is indicated in the operating instructions for a specific model of the walk-behind tractor, where the brands and grades of the recommended oils are directly indicated.
However, there are times when a walk-behind tractor is purchased from the hands, or in another way, but the point is that such walk-behind tractors are supplied mainly without any instructions.
A person may be at a loss, not knowing what oil is poured into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor, so it will be useful for him to know about its main types, as well as the methods of pouring into the walk-behind tractor.
The gearbox is a special device included in the design of any walk-behind tractor. It is this part that is responsible for converting and transmitting the torque that is generated from mechanical transmissions. In fact, the gearbox drives the walk-behind tractor, making it work.
The operational life of the entire walk-behind tractor, as well as its normal functioning, will depend on its quality, as well as on the correct lubrication of its components.
For more information on the reducer, see
Depending on the model of the walk-behind tractor, be it Cayman, Patriot Ural, Patriot, Texas, Foreman or some other, the gearboxes may differ in some design features. Conventionally, gearboxes can be divided into several types:
- Angle reducers. Such units are quite effective, they allow you to dock the engine and transmission.
- Gear reducers. In this case, the gearbox transmission acts as a kind of intermediary between the engine and the wheelbase of the walk-behind tractor.
- Reducing gears. These units achieve an increase in power indicators, reducing the total number of revolutions. Such gearboxes are the most preferable because they have an air cooling system in their design, allowing them to work at maximum loads.
- Reverse gearboxes. The main advantage of such gearboxes is the ability to reverse the walk-behind tractor. However, units equipped with this type of gearbox do not show high performance and speeds.
Regardless of which gearbox is used in the construction of the walk-behind tractor, they all consist of almost the same components:
- gearbox housing;
- flange and its fastening;
- pulley with V-belt transmission (or chain);
- ball bearing;
- drain plug;
- steel washer and nut;
- input shaft.
These components traditionally form the gear unit itself. How well they are lubricated will affect their performance and service life.
Otherwise, with insufficient lubrication, the parts will wear out a lot, because they come into contact with each other during operation, and the resulting friction negatively affects their surface.
How to pour oil into the gearbox of a walk-behind tractor
Before pouring new oil into the gearbox, the old fluid must be drained. It is in this way that the oil in the gearbox of the Salute walk-behind tractor is carried out, the video of which can be found on the Internet, as well as other models of walk-behind tractors.
The algorithm of actions, in this case, will be as follows:
- The walk-behind tractor must be installed on some hill so that you can easily drain the oil from the gearbox.
- There are two plugs on the gearbox. a drain plug, which is located at the bottom of the gearbox, and a plug that closes the oil filling hole. We first unscrew the filler plug, which is located on top of the walk-behind tractor body (at the checkpoint).
- We take a sufficiently capacious container (an old bottle of transmission oil is suitable), after which we substitute it under the drain plug of the gearbox.
- Gently unscrew the drain plug, after which the oil will begin to flow into our container. After waiting for the oil to drain completely, we screw the drain plug back. Then we tighten with a spanner wrench of a suitable diameter until it stops.
- We insert the funnel into the filling hole. Then we take a suitable gear oil in order to fill the gearbox.
- After filling the gearbox to the optimal level, we screw the plug back. This plug is equipped with a special dipstick, and its length is about 10 cm. After we have filled in the oil, we need to check its level. To do this, we twist this plug-probe, after which we unscrew it again and check.
- If the oil is at the tip of this dipstick, then there is no need to top up any more.
As a rule, the oil change procedure must be performed every 100 hours of operation of the walk-behind tractor. In some cases, this procedure must be performed every 50 hours.
In other words, the frequency of oil change depends on the model of the walk-behind tractor, therefore, all the necessary information is in the accompanying documentation for the walk-behind tractor.
What kind of oil is poured
Many people are interested in what kind of oil to pour into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor? To answer this question, you need to take into account several factors, the main of which is the manufacturer’s recommendation regarding the type of oil.
It is also necessary to be guided by the price, without buying very cheap liquids, because they are unlikely to be of proper quality.
No matter how reliable the native tracks of the snowmobile are, sooner or later, with the active operation of the machine, it becomes necessary to replace them. Here is everything about the tracks for a snowmobile from the Composite company.
An indispensable tool in pest control is a garden sprayer. By clicking on the link you can familiarize yourself with the gasoline knapsack garden sprayer.
CHANGING transmission and differential fluid in a 4500 Ford tractor
MAZ-5337 appeared in the second half of the eighties of the last century. MAZ-5337 is a versatile, powerful and very reliable truck.
In general, oils can be of various types:
- SAE. These types of oils cope very well with sudden changes in temperature, so they can be used all year round.
- The selection process is as follows: you need to look at the number that is in front of the letter W. a lower value will indicate that the oil is very well adapted to low temperatures (the smallest is 0W). If the letter W is not on the label, then this oil is suitable for the summer period.
- API. In this case, the letters in the marking will indicate the type of engine. gasoline or diesel. Accordingly, a certain letter will say that the oil is suitable for gasoline units, and another for diesel.
- The numbers will talk about the type of engine, i.e. number 4 means oil should be used for a 4-stroke engine, etc. The EC value is the degree to which energy is saved, i.e. the higher the value, the better the oil.
- ASEA. The largest number in the labeling will indicate that the oil can function in very difficult conditions.
- GOST 17479, 1-85. These indicators characterize the degree of viscosity of the oil. As a rule, after this parameter, alphabetic and numeric values are written, and their absence indicates that the oil is universal.
How much to fill?
Another important point is the amount of oil required. Before answering the question. how much oil needs to be poured into the gearbox of a walk-behind tractor, for example, Crossser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don, Hooter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver, you must first check the oil level in the gearbox. To do this, you need to perform certain actions:
- It is necessary to put the walk-behind tractor on a flat surface so that its wings are strictly parallel to this surface.
- We take a wire or rod about 70 cm long, which will act as an oil dipstick.
- We bend the improvised probe into an arc.
- We insert the resulting probe into the filler hole to the very end, i.e. all the way. After that we take it back out.
If the wire is 30 cm in oil, then this is the optimal indicator, i.e. no need to add oil. If a little less, then it is necessary to top up within the given values.
If the gearbox is dry at all, then you will need at least two liters of transmission oil.
Periodic oil change in the gearbox is extremely important not only because it is recommended by the manufacturer, but also for a variety of other reasons. In particular, during the operation of the walk-behind tractor, foreign metal particles are formed in the oil that is in the gearbox.
They arise from friction and contact of the components of the walk-behind tractor, which gradually crumble, and all this metal crumb gets into the oil. Thus, the oil begins to thicken, which leads to unstable operation of the walk-behind tractor, and in the future, to the failure of the gearbox.
That is why, timely oil change in the gearbox is a necessary preventive measure to avoid future repairs.
Indeed, it is much more logical to spend an amount within one thousand rubles on the purchase of transmission oil than to spend much more money for expensive repairs or a complete replacement of the gearbox.
Homemade trailers for a walk-behind tractor are very popular, which you can make with your own hands.
You may also be interested in the article about the snowmobile dingo t 150.
What to pour oil into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor
Summer residents, entrepreneurs, farmers. everyone is interested in the garden equipment working for a long time and without interruption. Correct maintenance and operation of the walk-behind tractor or cultivator helps to extend the life of the equipment and increase its productivity. One of the most important structural elements of the walk-behind tractor is the gearbox, and its performance depends on which oil to pour into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor. Every owner should know what kind of lubricant to use in the gearbox and what is the frequency of its replacement.
- Motor block reducer device
- Types of oils
- What kind of oil must be poured into the gearbox
- For gasoline engines
- For diesel engines
- Oil change procedure
- Oil level
Oil change procedure
The replacement is as follows:
- Start and warm up the engine.
- Place the walk-behind tractor evenly on stands or a surface raised above the ground.
- Place an empty container for used oil under the drain hole of the tank and open the plug.
- After completely draining the oil, close the drain hole tightly.
- Pour fresh grease into the upper hole, checking the level with a dipstick. How much oil to pour into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor depends on its volume. Typically a dry gearbox requires about 2 liters. The exact figure is indicated in the instruction manual.
- Wipe both holes to remove any remaining grease.
When do you need to change the oil:
- if the gearbox was repaired;
- if the oil level is extremely low;
- if a new grade of grease is used;
- if the replacement period has come according to the instruction manual.
This is a fairly simple operation, for which you do not need to go to the service. High-quality gear lubricant is not cheap, but you can save on the work of replacing it.
The exact intervals for changing lubricants and other technical fluids are indicated in the instructions. On most motoblock models, this operation is carried out after the first 25 hours of operation (on new equipment or after replacing the gearbox), then after every 250 hours of operation, that is, on average, once a month with daily work or once a season with occasional use. Work on changing the lubricant should be carried out immediately after work, measure the level. before it starts.
What kind of oil must be poured into the gearbox
In the question of which oil to pour into the gearbox of the walk-behind tractor, the most reliable will be to rely on the manufacturer’s recommendations. They are set out in the instruction manual, and if it is lost, the text can be easily found on the Internet. In general, any gear oil can be used to lubricate the gearbox. It is undesirable to mix oils in order to avoid conflicts between additives. In rare cases, substances can, when mixed, transform the entire lubricant into an emulsion, which is fraught with damage to the gearbox or at least thorough flushing. Therefore, before adding new oil, you should check the presence of the old.
Types of oils
Oils differ in types (mineral, semi-synthetic, synthetic), areas of application (motor, transmission), seasons (summer, winter). Gearboxes use gear oils with various additives.
Classification of gear oils by application:
- GL-1 are mineral oils without additives or EP components. Designed for use at low speeds and loads. Used in spur, worm and spiral bevel gears.
- GL-2. “mineral water” with increased requirements for antifriction properties, that is, abrasion resistance. They are used in worm gears, the work of which is accompanied by constant friction of parts against each other. May contain special anti-friction additives.
- GL-3 is a grease with high antiwear and extreme pressure properties, that is, it prevents adhesion of the contacting surfaces. Designed for moderate speeds and loads. Used in spiral bevel gears.
- GL-4 are oils with high quality EP additives. Designed to operate at high speeds in combination with low torque and vice versa. Used in hypoid gears in cars and trucks.
- GL-5 and GL-6 contain an EP additive containing sulfur and phosphorus. Designed to operate at high speeds at low torques, as well as shock loads on the gear teeth. Oils of the GL-6 group, in addition, are designed to operate with gears with vertical displacement along the axes. Used in hypoid gears of cars.
Oil change does not take long
For gasoline engines
Gear oil should not be confused with engine oil. When filling the engine with lubricant, the type of fuel must be taken into account. The basis for gasoline and diesel oils is often the same, the differences lie in additives. special components that provide the oil with the desired properties.
Gasoline engines run on a relatively light fuel with low sulfur content, and reach relatively high maximum revs. This means that gasoline oils must provide protection and lubrication of friction parts at high speeds. In accordance with these requirements, a set of additives is selected.
For diesel engines
Diesel fuel contains a lot of sulfur and emits soot when burned. The lubricant for this type of engine must provide detergent properties and be resistant to oxidation. These properties are provided by special diesel additives. In addition, the oil in engines of this type needs to be changed more often, since it is quickly saturated with sulfur deposits, soot and oxidation products.
Removing the BCS Tractor Transmission Cover
Motor block reducer device
The gearbox is one of the most important components of the walk-behind tractor. It is available on absolutely all models, without it the equipment will not work. The function of the gearbox is the uninterrupted transmission of torque from the engine to the wheels through a V-belt transmission. In addition, it provides a change in the speed and direction of movement of the agricultural unit. Simply put, it provides movement and control of equipment.
The gearbox consists of a system of shafts and sprockets connected by a chain. The shafts take rotation and are transmitted by the chain. The input shaft is equipped with a lever and a fork that shift the mechanism. Bolt-on plastic housing protects parts from dirt and dust.
Motoblocks are irreplaceable helpers in the household
All parts are made of metal and require lubrication. With a lack of lubrication, the load on the contacting parts increases sharply, which can lead to their rapid destruction. Timely oil change in the gearbox will ensure their serviceability and smooth operation of the mechanism as a whole.
The viscosity is determined according to the SAE J300 standard. For mechanisms, it depends on the following characteristics:
- unit design;
- features of work;
- the age of the mechanism;
- ambient temperature.
Motor oils are divided into winter and summer oils. Winter grades are marked with the letter W. Low-viscosity winter grades are often used with the designations SAE 0W, 25W, as well as with intermediate values of 20W, 5W, 15W and 10W. Formulations for use in the summer do not have letters in the name. They are distinguished by high viscosity and are designated SAE 20, 60, CAE 30 or 40. When using summer grades in winter, problems arise associated with starting the unit. Winter varieties in the summer are not able to provide high-quality lubrication.
Scientists have developed all-season compounds that are used for pouring into a walk-behind tractor in summer and winter. Their designations. 5W-40, 10W30.
What kind of oil to pour into an MTZ walk-behind tractor with a Honda engine
Motoblocks MTZ have established themselves as high-quality agricultural machinery, in combination with the world-famous Honda engine, they have excellent operational characteristics.
For the correct operation of the entire device, it is necessary to carry out timely technical inspection, including checking the oil level. What kind of oil to fill? For motoblocks Belorus 08H-09H with Honda GX 240, 270, 340 and 390 engines, oil of classification not lower than SG and SF is suitable, multi-grade SAE 10W-30 oil is recommended, however, under specific temperature conditions, it is necessary to select a special oil.
What kind of oil to fill in a walk-behind tractor: is it possible for a car for a gearbox, in an air-cooled engine
You can’t surprise anyone with a motoblock today. He has become a faithful assistant in performing work on the site and cleaning the territory. The owners of such units know that they need constant care: replacing some consumables, checking and tightening the nuts, refueling. But you still need to change the oil for the walk-behind tractor.
Brait walk-behind tractor oil
For motoblocks of different power and types, different oils are suitable. The Chinese walk-behind tractor Bright BR-68 has a four-stroke engine, therefore it is strictly forbidden to use oil for two-stroke, as it does not provide sufficient lubrication.
A multigrade SAE 10W-30 grade oil that can be used at any temperature is suitable for almost all Brait devices. It is important that the oil is highly refined.
When it becomes necessary to replace lubricating fluids, each manufacturing company recommends filling its own brand. For agricultural machines, Honda uses all-season 10W-30 grade SF. Subaru in its recommendations indicates for work in temperate climates 10W-30, in cold regions. 5W-30. Oil quality category. SE.
Lifan’s products require an SAE-30 summer grade, and an SAE 10W-30 grade for winter conditions. There are no quality conditions. All-season composition 10W-30 or 15W-30 of SF or SH quality is poured into the motoblocks of the Kaluga engine company.
For diesel engines
With the recommended engine oil, the owners increase the service life of the unit and reduce the consumption of diesel fuel for a diesel walk-behind tractor. The instructions for a walk-behind tractor with a diesel engine indicate the following categories of lubricants:
- CA. for work with low loads;
- SV. for work with high-sulfur fuel;
- CC. for a naturally aspirated engine operating with increased loads.
The CA category reduces the amount of carbon deposits in the cylinders, but reduces the quality of the lubricant. Any lubricant is poured in the required volume. Decreasing or increasing it leads to seizure of the motor.
Classification of grades of oils
To increase the service life of a gasoline or diesel engine, you need to make the right choice of engine oil. Failure to replace it in a timely manner reduces the service life of the engine. How to choose it, in what quantity, how to pour it into a walk-behind tractor. let’s talk about this in more detail.
The kit of each mini-tractor or walk-behind tractor includes instructions and a product passport. In the instructions, the manufacturer lists the suitable grades of fuel and lubricating fluids that can prolong the life of the equipment. The engine oil performs the following functions:
With air cooling, the grease settles on the walls of the hot cylinder. These deposits contaminate engine parts and make lubrication difficult. Therefore, antioxidant additives are present in the lubricant. They clean the cylinder walls from carbon deposits and extend the life of the walk-behind tractor. Different climatic zones require the use of different oily fluids. They differ in viscosity, composition and purpose.
Which is better to choose?
As mentioned earlier, there are several types of oils for motoblocks. It is necessary to use the liquid recommended by the manufacturer of the unit. for this, it is enough to carefully study the device labeling and read the instructions.
In addition, each separate type of oil is divided into several types according to its chemical composition. In most cases, manufacturers try to manufacture units with the ability to use the most common types of oils. synthetic, mineral, and semi-synthetic, for example, Mannol Molibden Benzin 10W40 or SAE 10W-30.
It is worth noting that this lubricant contains a friction modifier that creates a strong film on the inner surface of the parts. This significantly reduces the wear rate of the walk-behind tractor.
Another marking that should not be forgotten is the designation of the properties of oil exploitation. It also comes in several varieties. For example, category C is used for 4-stroke diesel engines, and category S is used for gasoline.
A certain total can be derived from this data. Given the engine variety, a high level of demand is directed to multigrade oils labeled 5W30 and 5W40. Of anti-corrosion oils, 10W30, 10W40 are popular.
At temperatures above 45 degrees, oils marked 15W40, 20W40 should be used. For winter cold weather it is necessary to use oil liquid 0W30, 0W40.
Oil for a walk-behind tractor: which is better to fill in and how to change?
- Which is better to choose?
- How to change?
- In the engine
- In the gearbox
- How to check the level?
- Can I use car oil?
The purchase of a walk-behind tractor is a rather serious step that you should prepare for in advance. For the long-term operation of the unit, it is necessary to carry out timely preventive work, if necessary, replace parts and, of course, change the oil.
In the gearbox
The gearbox is the most important part, because it is he who is responsible for the conversion and transmission of torque from the gearbox. Careful care and high-quality oil used for the device significantly prolongs its life.
To replace the oil composition in the gearbox, it is necessary to perform a number of manipulations.
- The walk-behind tractor must be placed on a hill. best of all on a pit.
- Then the hole for the disposal of used oil is unscrewed. The stopper plug is usually located on the gearbox itself.
- After that, a prepared container is substituted for draining the spoiled lubricant.
- After completely draining, the hole must be tightly closed.
- When these manipulations are carried out, clean oil must be poured into the gearbox.
- Then you need to screw the hole plug.
It is worth noting that in some models of gearboxes, for example, in the Efco line, there are through bolts that determine the amount of oil, which can be guided when filling with fluid. In other models, there is a special dipstick by which you can see the total volume of the filled oil composition.
The initial oil change is made after the break-in time has elapsed. For example, for the Energoprom MB-800 model, the running-in time is 10-15 hours, for the Plowman ТСР-820 unit. 8 hours. But the line of “Oka” motoblocks has been developed taking into account a run-in of 30 hours. Subsequently, it is enough to drain and fill in new oil every 100-200 hours of full operation.
In the engine
The primary oil change in the internal combustion engine occurs after 28-32 hours of operation. The next replacement can be done no more than 2 times a year. in summer and winter, even if the unit has been idle for some time. To start the replacement process itself, it is necessary to prepare special attributes. a funnel and a container for draining the spent liquid.
At the bottom of the engine there is a hole with a cap through which old oil can be drained. In the same place, a container for draining is substituted, the locking cap is unscrewed, and the waste liquid is drained. It is necessary to wait a while for the residues to completely drain out of the engine system. Then the plug is screwed into place, and fresh oil can be poured.
Its quantity must be identical to that of the drained one. If it is not possible to make a measurement, it is better to look at the technical data sheet of the unit, where the required number is indicated in grams. After new oil has been added to the engine, the level must be checked. To do this, just use a special probe.
It is worth noting that in some engines that are sensitive to oil fluids, for example, Subaru or Honda, it is assumed that oils of a certain class are used, that is, SE and higher, but not lower than the SG class.
This instruction is a general guideline for both two-stroke and four-stroke models. specific information on how to replace the oil fluid in the walk-behind tractor is best considered in the instructions for a specific unit.
When buying a new walk-behind tractor, the kit must contain accompanying documents, in which there are special sections with recommendations for proper care and operation. The names of oils ideally suited to the unit are also indicated there.
First of all, you should understand the basic functions of oil fluids. Liquids do the following:
Changing the Transmission Oil in a STANDARD BCS Tractor
- system cooling;
- getting the smearing effect;
- cleaning the inside of the engine;
During the operation of the walk-behind tractor in an air-cooled engine, the oil liquid begins to burn, respectively, the burnt particles remain on the cylinder. That is why there is the formation of a smoky exhaust. In addition, resinous deposits are the strongest contaminant for the rest of the walk-behind tractor, due to which the lubrication of parts becomes more difficult.
It is preferable to fill oil for a walk-behind tractor together with antioxidant fluids, which are a cleaning agent for the inside of the unit.
For the correct choice of oil, it should be remembered that each individual composition is designed for a specific season and climatic temperature.
In simple words, you cannot use summer oil at temperatures below 5 degrees. this can lead to engine start failure.
- The summer type of oily liquid is used exclusively in the warm season. Has a high level of viscosity. No letter designation.
- Winter oils are used during cold weather. They have a low level of viscosity. The letter designation is W, which means “winter” in translation from English. This variety includes oils with the SAE index 0W, 5W, 10W, 15W, 20W, 25W.
- A variety of multigrade oils is more popular in the modern world. Their versatility allows you to fill the engine with fluid at any time of the year. It is these lubricants that have a special index in the general classification: 5W-30, 10W-40.
In addition to seasonality, oils are divided according to their composition. They are:
In addition, all oils differ in the performance requirements of 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines.
In walk-behind tractors, a 4-stroke air-cooled system is usually used, respectively, and the oil must be 4-stroke. During the winter season, the most preferred option is a transmission engine oil, for example, 0W40.
The price of the issue, of course, is high, but the reaction of the unit lies in its long service life.
How to check the level?
Checking the oil level is carried out using standard technology, to which every person is accustomed. For this, a special probe is present in the walk-behind tractor device, which goes deep inside the unit. After removing it from the hole, at the tip of the dipstick, you can see a limit strip, the level of which is equal to the level of the oil. If there is not enough liquid, then it must be topped up. On the other hand, this nuance forces you to check the entire system, since a low level of lubricant indicates that it is leaking somewhere.
In addition to the standard dipstick, some models of walk-behind tractors have special sensors that automatically show the amount of lubricant present. Even in the process of replacing the oil fluid, it can be used to determine how much the size of the lubricant composition has increased or its lack.
How to change?
Anyone can change the lubricant in the walk-behind tractor, but if there are any doubts, it is better to contact a highly qualified specialist. The procedure for updating with oil liquid in any models of walk-behind tractors does not differ from each other, whether it is an instance of Enifield Titan MK1000 or any other motor from the Nikkey line.
First of all, it should be remembered that the oil changes exclusively on a hot engine, that is, the system must first work for at least 30 minutes. This rule applies not only to four-stroke, but also to two-stroke engines.
Thanks to the above nuance, the warm spent mixture easily flows into the container placed from below. After the used oil is completely gone, you can start the replacement process.
First you need to unscrew the breather plug, drain the remaining used oil and, if necessary, change the additional oil and air filter. Then you need to fill in fresh liquid and return the plug to its place. Pour new oil carefully so that it does not get on other parts of the system, otherwise an unpleasant odor will arise.