How To Adjust A Carburetor On A Trimmer Video
Do-it-yourself carburetor adjustment
Gas scythes, like all gasoline powered tools for the garden, are not difficult to maintain. It is possible and necessary to repair, configure yourself. For example, do-it-yourself carburetor adjustment of the brushcutter is a matter of five minutes.
A brush cutter carburetor is a unit in the power system. In it, like any carburetors, there is a process of mixing air and fuel (gasoline) for further supply to the engine cylinders.
In this process, the main thing is the correct proportion of fuel and air, for which they regulate the carburetor.
Strainer There are only two problems with this element:
In order to find out the cause of the breakdown, the fuel filter cover is unscrewed to remove the strainer. If dirt has simply accumulated on it, washing with gasoline or blowing will help.
With visible damage to the strainer, it is imperative to install a new one. There may also be damage on the fuel supply pipe (during repair, check this element).
The carburetor starter in most cases does not function due to blockages. Use rinse with acetone or the same gasoline.
Blowing off carburetor parts with a blockage of compressed air is an acceptable and convenient repair practice.
The throttle body, the bundles of carburetor parts, the intake or exhaust pipe. All of these parts are subject to depressurization. You can probably check it in a primitive way. Smear the problem area with soap suds.
The basis of the carburetor petrol scythes is an aluminum case. It contains a diffuser (a hole with internal contours). Air is blown through this hole. The oxygen (air) flow rate depends on the cross-section (passage opening) of the diffuser.
The diffuser is equipped with fuel channels. Of these, fuel is drawn in using an air stream.
Outside the carburetor is installed:
- Fuel pump;
- Jet system;
- Fuel / air mixture control system;
The throttle valve determines the amount of air for supply, and engine power directly depends on this.
Fuel is sucked into the carburetor system by a pump (its membrane). Then it passes through the fitting in the carburetor. Further, the fluid moves through the inlet and outlet valves of the pump. Filtered by mesh. The needle valve moves into the membrane chamber.
Phased operation of the device:
- Air supply to the tube with an air baffle (damper). The partition controls the intensity of the air flow.
- The fuel supply system must be narrowed by a diffuser to increase the flow rate.
- Gasoline through the float chamber and nozzle tube with narrowing. A camera with a float adjusts the temporary volume of gasoline. In the float chamber, the pressure level is neutral, and in the tube with narrowing is already low. Due to the pressure drop, fuel enters through the nozzle.
- The acceleration of the air flow contributes to the transfer of fuel (gasoline) and its atomization. As a result, an air-fuel mixture of the necessary proportion or density is formed.
- The air-fuel mixture enters the engine cylinder through the fuel pipe.
The level of air density in the system depends on the area of the open air damper. The wider the flap is open, the greater the fuel consumption and power.
Simply put, adjusting the carburetor on the brushcutter is creating the optimal fuel mixture due to the correct air supply.
Before adjustment, carefully clean the filters according to the maintenance in the instructions.
Do-it-yourself carburetor further tuning of the brushcutter is done by adjusting screws. There are three of them:
Right (L). Adjustment of the fuel mixture for low revs.
Need to find the maximum idle speed. To do this, slowly turn the screw (L) to the right and left.
To adjust, turn the screw a quarter of a turn necessarily counterclockwise.
Bottom (T). Is responsible for adjusting the engine at idle.
- Clockwise. Increase;
- Counterclockwise. Decrease.
For proper adjustment of idling, it is typical:
- Steady work of the cold engine;
- Not overestimated speed of the hot engine;
- A large headroom for the trimmer head;
- Stable operation of the engine when changing position (sharp rise or descent of the knife).
Left (N). Adjustment of the mixture at high speeds. (The screw is configured last).
The left-hand screw (N) determines the general adjustment of the maximum speed, engine power, temperature and gas mileage.
The carburetor trimmer with the last screw is configured as follows:
- Open the throttle to full, while giving out full throttle. Turn the screw clockwise until the speed drops (in this case, they are oriented by ear).
- Turn the screw as slowly as possible counterclockwise until the engine runs unevenly.
- Then turn back quite a bit, barely hearing a stable, smooth operation.
- For a more visual application of skills, it is more convenient to consider the work of an experienced user:
Interestingly, from the point of view of the author of the, the setting (its correctness) is determined by the color of the candle, and not just by the speed and stability of the engine.
The correct setting of the carburetor with your own hands in this case is the combustion of the fuel mixture without residue, the color of the candle should be light brown.
Carburetor adjustment of lawn mowers in practice.
How to adjust carburetor on trimmer
1) Right screw. Regulates the enrichment of a mixture of low speed (regulated first):Find maximum idle by slowly turning the right screw to the right and left.Then turn this screw ¼ turn counterclockwise.Note: From the Husqvarna factory, the right screw was completely unscrewed (0.5 turns). Now he is looking at 11 o’clock.
2) Bottom screw. Adjusting the idle speed of the Husqvarna engine (if necessary): turning the screw clockwise increases the idle speed, counterclockwise decreases it.Correct is considered to be idle speed adjustment when:1. The cold engine is idling stably;2. The hot engine has not too high idle speeds;3. Before the start of rotation of the trimmer head, a sufficient margin of revolutions remains;4. The engine runs stably in any position (for example, with a sharp lowering of the knife).Note: From the factory (Husqvarna), the idle screw from fully tightened was unscrewed 8 full revolutions and “2 hours” (now it remains). The recommended idle speed of the engine of the Husqvarna trimmer. 2.900 rpm.
3) Left screw. Regulates the enrichment of a mixture of high speed (last but not least).It regulates the maximum speed, engine power, temperature and fuel consumption.Note: Husqvarna engine must not run at full speed for more than 10 seconds!- Open the throttle fully (full throttle) and slowly turn the left screw clockwise until the Husqvarna engine speed is reduced (by ear).- Then turn the left screw very slowly counterclockwise until the engine starts to run unevenly.–After that, turn the screw slowly back a small distance clockwise until the Husqvarna brushcutter engine starts running smoothly.
On this, the adjustment of the carburetor of the brushcutter is completed.
How to adjust a carburetor on a brush cutter
During the operation of gasoline lawn mowers, many are faced with symptoms of “diseases” of the carburetor. This usually happens on older machines, the subtlety of the factory settings of which has been violated. Examples of such “symptoms” are unstable engine idling (with jerking, uneven operation), engine “smoke” and some others.
To solve this problem, you should contact a specialist. Carburetor tuning is a delicate thing, requiring skills and a certain experience in “working with metal”.
However, if there is no way to contact the master, then you can try to configure it yourself. To do this, carefully consider the “casing” of the carburetor. Depending on the model of your unit, it can have either two or three adjustment levers.
The following indicators lend themselves to adjustment:
“Purity” of the mixture (marked with the letter L).
Number of revolutions (marked with the letter H).
The purity of the mixture should be adjusted if the smoke produced by burning fuel is excessively gray and the engine smokes. An additional symptom of improper adjustment of this indicator of the carburetor can be a “rough” sound made by the engine in the wound state.
The number of revolutions is a standard indicator. It should be equal from 8500 to 8800 with the maximum “squeezed” gas button (Average data are indicated. It is recommended to read the operating instructions supplied with the tool in order to determine the number of revolutions necessary for your model to work). To achieve the highest accuracy, a tachometer is recommended.
The idling parameters, if necessary, are adjusted last. The throttle stick is released and the trimmer head does not rotate at idle. If rotation is observed, then adjustment is made until the head stops rotating.
This carburetor setup method is suitable for all lawn mowing models http://stroyteh.Ua/category/motokosy-trimmery/. There, by the way, inexpensive models, and the range is quite wide. Many of the presented models are sold at a discount, so you can save some money.
There you will find instruments of foreign production of the following famous brands that will serve you faithfully for many years: FORTE, Werk, Stiga, Makita, Honda, IKRA Mogatec, MTD, Oleo-mac, Al-Ko and some others.
Identification of breakdowns and repair of brushcutters
Trimmer is the most important tool for those who prefer to keep their land in order and beauty. This type of equipment copes with almost all types of grass and weeds. After applying this device, a piece of land overgrown with weeds will look as it should.
However, any tool is subject to incapacitation. Sooner or later, the brushcutter gives out all sorts of malfunctions. How to solve the problems with gasoline braids will be discussed in this article.
1 The most common causes of mower malfunctions
Before proceeding to a list of the most common causes of mower breakdowns, we note that very often inexperienced owners of gas mowers do not know, for example, what ratio of gasoline to oil should be poured into the fuel tank, which gasoline is better to add to the apparatus, how much oil to pour into gasoline etc.
Self-propelled gas mower
Some also do not know what kind of grease to use for the gearbox, how to sharpen a disk, or a knife, and many other nuances. Due to these and other reasons, unfortunately, in a large number of cases, breakdowns of various equipment occur, including trimmers and gas mowers. Users simply do not care for the equipment at the proper level.
However, there are a number of the most common reasons that arise as a result of the specifics of the functions performed and other external and internal factors that lead to breakdowns:
- The cutting cord does not feed or breaks off too quickly. This is due to the lack of fishing line, or there was a tangling of the line for the brushcutter in the reel;
- The engine will not start. Inexperienced users may not always be able to start the unit from the first try because the Start button is turned off. But there are other factors: clogged air filter; the candle gap is not set, or it is out of operation; a gasoline carburetor can often overfill a fuel mixture; insufficient fuel was pumped;
- Often the brushcutters do not develop revolutions, which can be caused by four factors: clogging of the air filter, clogging of the shaft with the cutting coil with mowed grass, incorrectly adjusted carburetor, bad fuel is poured into the tank;
- The engine does not run at idle. If the engine itself is working, but stalls at idle, then there can be three reasons: a blockage in the air supply filter; carburetor is not configured; bad gasoline or brushcutter oil is applied;
- A problem such as a lack of spark is also regularly encountered. Reasons: a bad blockage, a broken candle, failed or the contacts of the supply armored wire were oxidized.
Petrol grass mower Sadko GTR 520N
A cord break occurs regardless of the quality of the fishing line in the reel. To correct this confusion, it is enough to rewind the cord into a coil if it is tangled, or to rewind a new one if it is absent.
How to start a brushcutter if the engine does not start? Check if the Start button is turned on, if there is enough oil pumped by the feed button, whether gasoline is poured into the tank. If the engine still does not start, wash the gas filter (sometimes it should be replaced if a large blockage is found), check the spark plug for proper operation, and clean the air filter.
It did not help? Adjust the carburetor air damper to position C, this solves the problem of fuel transfusion. In the case of “persistence” of the engine, simply drain all the fuel from the system and fill in a new one, making sure that it is of the proper quality. Performing all these processes solves the problem of starting the motor in 80-90% of cases.
Gas mower knife
If the engine refuses to idle, first adjust the carburetor and rinse the air filter of the device. This in most cases solves the problem. If the situation repeats, then most likely you poured bad fuel into the fuel tank, then drain it and fill the tank with new one.
How to start a brushcutter and make it work if the engine speed is not gained and it stalls? First, check if the cutting shaft is clogged with waste grass and weed. If everything is in order with the shaft, wash the air filter or replace it with a new one if the first one seemed too dirty to you. By the way, the air filter should be washed with detergent and gasoline, which makes the gasket more flexible and prevents drying of the material.
If, having done these procedures and clicking on the starter for the brushcutter, the brushcutter stalls again, then the problem lies in the incorrectly adjusted carburetor device. Read the last section of this article, it tells how to adjust the carburetor on the brushcutter.
If there is no spark, put a spare candle to check what exactly is the matter. When a spare candle, when setting the correct gap, also does not give out a spark, then the matter is in the equipment of the braid. In the event of a malfunction, repairing the brushcutter begins with checking the wire leading to the candle.
Lawn mower Ural BK-3650
Clean the contacts, you can also clean the contacts of all nearby wires, make sure that all wires are intact. After completing these steps, the pressed button on the starter starter should cause a spark to appear on the candle. Remember that when testing a spark, the candle must be in contact with a metal surface to create an electrical mass. We emphasize that revolutions (engine attenuation) are often affected by contamination of the brushcutter gearbox.To the menu
2 carb adjustment
This aspect is always needed when setting up the brushcutter. A properly tuned carburetor is the key to the success of engines for petrol scythes.
Despite the fact that the question of how to adjust the carburetor on the brushcutter seems to be incomprehensible to beginners, the repair of the brushcutter often ends with this procedure, since the reasons lie in incorrect adjustment, and the repair of the brushcutter and the ways to eliminate them in the setup procedures. By the way, running the brushcutter also provides for the adjustment of the carburetor part.
To understand how to properly configure a gasoline carburetor for lawn mowers, you need to know:
- The device contains three screws: right (L), bottom (T), left (H).
- A properly tuned carburetor idles evenly and without drops when the engine is cold and hot, as well as when abruptly lowering or gaining speed. For idle screw T is responsible.
- Screw L is responsible for how much fuel mixture will enter the combustion chamber at low speeds. During adjustment, the screw rotates counterclockwise a quarter of a turn.
- The fuel is adjusted at high speeds by means of the screw H. To adjust, emit full throttle by opening the throttle. Turn the screw clockwise until you hear a drop in speed. Then, turn the screw in the opposite direction so that the engine runs unevenly, and then slowly turn the screw clockwise again until you begin to hear the motor running smoothly and smoothly.
Cleaning the mower knives
The correctness of the adjustment is determined even by the color of the working part of the candle. If the carburetor is adjusted correctly, the candle will be clean, without carbon deposits.
For a 2-stroke unit, oil of 2-stroke engines is required.To the menu
2.1 How to sharpen a knife or disc for a mower?
To sharpen a knife or blade for mowing equipment, be aware that a good blade or knife must be sharpened so that the edges become sharp, but the metal is not overheated. Sharpened cutting element will provide easier removal of a grassy surface. Also, the severity of the disk or knife affects the number of plants that will be eliminated with a single grip.
In general, maintenance of a gasoline braid provides for continuous cleaning of equipment after work, checking the quality of oils and gasoline, as well as a properly configured carburetor. Do not add dubious additives and the like to the brushcutter. Regularly lubricate the gearbox and lubricate the moving parts to prevent malfunctions. It is recommended that the grease be renewed at least every 1000 hours of operation.
2.2 Overview of gasoline lawn mowers
Carburetor adjustment of the Husqvarna 128R.
The first question that should be answered in the title topic review. Why is it necessary to adjust the carburetor of the 128th braid? It is all about European fuel standards. The 128R petrol scraper is configured to meet EU fuel standards. We have lower quality fuel (we are discussing AI-92 gasoline), which makes this adjustment necessary.
The procedure for adjusting the Husqvarna 128R carburetor is not complicated.
What you need for its production is a rev counter tachometer, adjusting screwdrivers.
1. We set the departure of fishing line from the trimmer head 15 cm long on each side (this significantly affects the speed).
2. We dilute AI-92 gasoline with Husqvarna engine oil for two-stroke engines in a ratio of 1:50 (one part of oil to 50 parts of gasoline). For ease of calculation, we recommend a ratio of 1 liter of fuel x 20 milliliters of oil. For the first start of the braid, we recommend a ratio of 1 liter of fuel x 23 milliliters of oil (ratio for engine break-in). Exact observance of these ratios and the use of only Husqvarna oil for two-stroke engines is the key to long-term operation of the engine and the supplier’s warranty in the event of a warranty case.
3. We start the scythe and bring it to the maximum throttle
5. In case of visible smoke from exhaust gases or unstable idling at set idle speed. Adjust the “quality of the mixture” with the left carburetor adjusting screw L.
Have trouble adjusting the carburetor for the Husqvarna 128R?- Bring her to our service center. We will help you.
The practice of servicing the Husqvarna gas tool at our service center has shown that the need for adjustment arises periodically for other Husqvarna chainsaws and lawn mowers. Adjustment data, by analogy with the procedure described for adjusting the carburetor of the Husqvarna 128R trimmer, can be performed by any user independently. Below, for reference, we give the engine speed indicators for various equipment and in various modes.