How to adjust Huter chain saw.
Adjusting a chainsaw carburetor
It should be noted that in the manufacture of chainsaws Huter, carburetor is not exact factory adjustment, due to the fact that the test conditions of air and fuel differ from the conditions in the real mode of operation.
What is the carburetor on the Huter BS 45 chain saw?
As written above, this model of the line of chainsaws Huter has a membrane carburetor firm Walbro. The advantage of such a carburetor lies in the ability to dose the quality and quantity of the fuel mixture, and, unlike float-type carburetors, in the ability to work in any position.
The structure and principle of operation of the carburetor
The carburetor is one of the most important parts of a chainsaw and serves to mix fuel with air and feed this mixture into the engine combustion chamber.
Walbro carburetors are easy to install. It has a monoblock body with a through-hole. Inside the hole is a diffuser. a narrowing of the passage with a fuel injection channel. On both sides there are flaps: the smaller one is a throttle, it regulates the amount of fuel mixture to feed into the cylinder. The larger flap, the air damper, is used to restrict air flow during a cold start.
The scheme of the carburetor of chainsaw Huter BS-45
The engine cylinder creates a vacuum and the carburetor chamber through the channel of the diaphragm pump, dosing fuel by deflection of the control membrane and moving the needle to the lower position. The valves and flaps are opened by the difference in pressure, thereby letting in and guiding these elements through the channels to the diffuser, where the air and fuel mix, atomize and enter the engine cylinder.
What you need for adjustment
Before you start adjusting the carburetor, you should prepare the necessary tools, materials and instruments that will be useful in the process.
You can buy them in specialized stores.
Electronic tachometer for adjustment of engine rpm
How to adjust. step by step algorithm
Adjustment of the carburetor of a Huter chainsaw is made with the help of three adjusting screws
- L. low rpm adjustment (responsible for fuel quality);
- H. adjustment of high revolutions (is responsible for the amount of fuel);
- T. adjustment of the idle speed.
Location of adjusting screws on the carburetor Huter
This is the order in which the adjustment should be made.
- After pre-tightening the screw L using a screwdriver, the screw is unscrewed by 2.5 turns.
- Turn the screw H, also tightened beforehand to the stop, 2.5 turns.
- Start the chain saw and warm it up for 5-10 minutes.
- Having warmed up the saw, slowly tighten the screw L clockwise (turning the screw in this direction depletes fuel, which leads to an increase in RPM), using the tachometer you should find the maximum engine RPM at idle, and then release the screw on 1/4, counterclockwise.
- Adjust the screw H work of the engine at maximum rpm, according to the principle described above.
- Further, the idle speed (counter-clockwise) is adjusted on the screw T. Set it so that the engine runs steadily, with no extraneous noise, and until the saw chain stops moving when idling (if it is rotating).
- Re-start the machine and check that it runs smoothly without fussing or squealing.
It is important to know that the adjustment of the carburetor is carried out only after a complete diagnosis of the saw, excluded, troubleshooting of other parts of the chainsaw (air and gasoline filter, spark plug, gasket between the engine and carburetor)
When to regulate by yourself and when it is better to give in the service center
Independently adjust the carburetor can be, if you have an idea of its principle of operation, and accurately follow the sequence of the algorithm settings. If after the adjustment at home, the stability in the work of the chain saw has not been achieved, you should contact a specialist to avoid irreparable damage to your Huter chain saw.
How to install a Chinese-made saw?
The construction of the carburetor on Chinese chainsaws is no different. The procedure and principle of installation is also the same and performed in the same order. The only difficulty that may arise when working. It is to determine the purpose of the adjustment screws. The T screw is usually on top, and the H and L are on the bottom of the carburetor housing. There may be one extra screw.
Location of controls
Usually their purpose is determined by experimentation, changing the position slightly and controlling the result. Once the purpose of the elements is clearly defined, further adjustment is not complicated and is done in the usual way.
Adjustment of a chainsaw carburetor is an important and necessary procedure that should be periodically performed to restore normal operation of the tool. This process is not fundamentally difficult, but it does require the user to be careful, pay attention, and obey safety rules. Chainsaws are not usually removed because you need to watch their position. It is therefore important to always be aware of the possibility of starting it and to exercise the necessary caution.
Adjustment should be carried out smoothly, with slight changes in the position of the screws, so as not to cause too drastic changes in the mode of rotation of the shaft. Results depend on the user’s care and diligence and a properly tuned carburetor will extend the life of your tool.
Huter BS 45, a popular inexpensive chainsaw. Many users prefer not to overpay, so they settle on this model.
READ How to saw a baseboard at a 45 degree angle
Partner 350 models
Model number of Partner is represented by subsequent modifications, any of them will be considered separately:
- Partner P350S: a 2-liter engine.с.\The 140-watt chain drives a 3.8-inch chain that moves at 22 meters per second on a 400-mm bar, a feature that greatly enhances productivity and makes this model stand out from the competition. The fuel tank has a capacity of 250 ml. The Partner P350S incorporates new approaches to user safety: inertia chain stop, on/off switch locking, and a chain catcher that enables various methods of chain braking. Fuel pump incorporated to remove air and fuel residue from carburetor for more regular starting.
- Partner 350 XT CHROME: A 1.3 liter engine.с.\¾1300 W, excellent for medium-duty applications. 3.8″ toothed chain with 400 mm bar length ensures top performance. 400 ml fuel tank capacity for long working hours. Parts that optimize the performance of the chainsaw are the vibration damping system, which is achieved by the use of long-lasting springs of steel. Safety is ensured by a double brake system.
- Partner 350 Chrome: Featuring a 1.9L engine that boosts its performance.с.\1,300 W. The bar is 400mm long and the chain pitch is 0.325 inches. This greatly enhances your chainsaw’s performance. Fuel tank capacity of 400 ml. The model is highly wear-resistant, due to the shiny coating. Chain stopper of inertia type ensures safety.
What you can replace in the carburetor without consulting a specialist:
- Fuel filter (wash or change). When the engine jerks and sneezes;
- Needle valve. If the needle is sticking in the valve or stick;
- Fuel pump diaphragm. Wear and tear;
- The gasket under the main chamber cover is not airtight.
- Remove and flush the carburetor when the air filter is clogged;
- Tighten the bolts if they have lost their snap due to heavy vibration of the chainsaw
Walbro makes advanced self-service repair kits that include almost all carburetor parts (fuel injection needle, swings, oscillating axle, filters, diaphragm).
Carburetor repair with your own hands
That the carburetor needs repair can be found by the following symptoms: unstable operation of the engine, fuel overrun, surges engine power, popping.
Huter chainsaw is not considered a complicated tools for disassembly, because, if the original abilities of the mechanic. mechanic, hand tools and the desire to make a substitution parts yourself is not difficult.
What can be changed in the carburetor without going to an expert:
- Fuel filter (wash or change). when the engine jerks and sneezes
- needle valve. if the needle is jammed or stuck in the valve;
- fuel pump diaphragm. wear;
- gasket under the cover of the main chamber. not tight.
- disassemble and wash the carburetor, if the air filter is clogged;
- tighten the bolts, if they lose their fixation due to the saturated vibration of the chainsaw.
Walbro company produces extended repair kits for self-replacement, which include, in fact, all carburetor parts (fuel inlet needle, rocker, rocker axle, filter screens, diaphragm).
READ How to Recharge a Cordless Electric Screwdriver from the Electric Mains
The principle recommendation to avoid carburetor malfunction: do not leave the fuel mixture, in a non-operating saw for more than 12 hours, such negligence can lead to clogged ducts.
The chainsaw is an indispensable tool, both in the household economy, and on the dacha site. But even the most reliable “iron” assistant begins to mope, it either does not start or stops. There can be a huge number of circumstances, both related to the quality of the fuel consistency and the engine.
There are many aspects, we will not discuss them all in this article. And we “look closely” to that part of the engine, which is called a carburetor. And we’ll try to find an answer to the following questions: when do you need adjustment of the chainsaw carburetor and, in fact, what is the scheme of such an adjustment.
When adjustment is needed
In general, the need to adjust the carburetor chain saw STIHL, or any other brand appears quite rarely. Signs of an unadjusted carburetor are indicated:
- Engine starts and shuts down, or does not start, in which case it could be a “lean” fuel mixture;
- Fuel consumption and exhaust emissions have increased significantly (fuel is not burned one hundred percent). The premise could be a super-saturated mixture.
Adjustment itself is knocked down in very rare cases, namely:
- if the regulating screws are not fixed properly, there are three of them in total. Vibration or damage to the carburetor cap could be a factor. This is a rare enough case, if no one has touched the screws.
- In the case of significant engine wear, namely the piston. In that case, factory options are not suitable. In this case, the adjustment of the carburetor chain saw Patriot, or another model can save the situation for a while. But then you have to think more about repairing the motor, if you do adjustment of the carburetor chain saw Husqvarna or her similar;
- The reason can be due to the formation of clogging in the carburetor, the premise could be poor gasoline quality, damage to the air filter or scale. In this case, in addition to adjustment, you need to disassemble and wash the carburetor.
How-To Properly Adjust The Chain Tension On Your Chainsaw. Video
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment
Although quite occasionally, but still may need to adjust the carburetor. At a glance, we note that not everything can be done without the help of others, unless you have a tachometer and at least once to see for yourself how to do it right.
To implement the adjustment of the carburetor chainsaw Makita, as well as most other models, there are three adjustment screws. Although some manufacturers have carefully removed two of them, leaving only one for the user experience. So, three screws, on the body of the carburetor they are marked with subsequent signs:
- L. with the help of this screw is made to adjust the low speed of the motor;
- H. adjustment of higher revolutions;
- T. for adjustment of idling speed (it is left for the tests).
In general, carburetors are already factory set for rational operation, and the screws are designed to more clearly regulate the carburetor of Champion and other chainsaws, in difficult weather criteria, such as highlands, etc.п. Since the air is more rarefied there, the tool needs a clearer adjustment to work. It is not necessary to do it under normal circumstances.
To adjust the carburetor chain saw Goodluck and other brands, to create the appropriate fuel consistency using two screws L and H. To create a lean consistency, the screws are turned clockwise, this allows you to increase the number of revolutions, t.е. in this way the highest RPM are adjusted. Accordingly, when turning the screws counterclockwise. the mixture comes out more saturated, this regulates the low number of revolutions of the motor. So when adjusting the carburetor on a Partner chain saw, turning the screws clockwise increases the RPM, counterclockwise decreases the RPM.
Whenever adjusting the carburetor of a Chinese chainsaw or other must comply with a number of requirements:
- A fine adjustment is always made with the engine warmed up (run the engine at least 10 minutes).);
- The condition of the air filter should be satisfactory, i.e.е. Unstained and unclogged;
- when turning the chain with the thumbwheel T it is necessary to achieve complete stop of the chain, turn it counter-clockwise.
READ How Much Chain Tension for a Chainsaw
the chain should be oriented anticlockwise, it should stand firmly on the flat surface and not touch anything with its cutting part. With a clear adjustment, the screws are adjusted in the following sequence L. H. T. Use the L screw to “find” the highest RPM of the motor. To do this, turn the screw clockwise, or in the opposite direction, until you “feel” the maximum. Here is where the tachometer is needed, or a perceptive musical ear, while you should know the sound of the engine revolutions limit, if you overdo it, especially with the knob H. the engine will be out of order. Repair will cost a pretty penny, that is why we urgently advise to entrust such work to a specialist.
If you have a tachometer and you understand the greatest number of revolutions of your motor, then you can try to bring the adjustment to the end, at your own risk and horror. This will look approximately as follows: find a very close RPM with the knob L, then turn it counterclockwise by one-fourth of a turn of the screw with the same knob. We leave and run over to the regulator H, and if it is extremely twisted. the engine will fail.
Turn this regulator ¼ of a turn of the screw counterclockwise (the engine should be warmed up before this). We listen very attentively or go by the tachometer. If the sound is our benchmark, when the engine is running at maximum like a four-stroke engine. If very rich consistency. a squealing sound. It is possible to try to reach the average value, not to have a benchmark, but to remove the squealing sound with the screw. And if you are satisfied with the performance of the saw it is better to quit, because it is better than having no motor.
If you could more or less adjust the L and H screws, the only thing left is to adjust the idle speed. The standard here is to keep the motor running smoothly in all positions until the chain starts to move. Turn this screw counterclockwise until the chain stops. If you can not reach it, you need the help of a specialist. An unregulated chainsaw is a very scary thing.
What is the difference between the carburetor adjustment on the Huter BS 52 chainsaw
This chainsaw has a carburetor identical to the one on the Huter BS 42. Therefore, the adjustment is carried out in the same sequence.
Virtually no difference, both visually and internally. At least the carburetor settings are identical.
For a happy outcome of the independent adjustment of the carburetor chain saw Huter it is important to be aware of the principle of action and follow the instructions for its adjustment in the exact order. You should also remember that timely and proper care of your tool will ensure a long service life of your machine.
How to adjust the carburetor of chainsaw
The chainsaw is a simple device that can be used for a long time with proper care. That said, the saw is a tool that is subject to various stresses and consequently breakdowns do occur. Find out what caused a particular malfunction and how to fix it in this article.
Features of Regulation and Adjustment
To learn how to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw, you must learn to distinguish between three screws (some models have only one).
L” and “H” screws are similar in appearance only, but in essence they are different
Each screw has its own letter designation:
- “L” is used to set the low speed;
- “H” is required to adjust the maximum speed;
- “T” is required to adjust the idle speed (only one screw is present on models with one screw).
The factory setting is optimal, and use the screws to adjust the engine for special situations (work associated with different climatic conditions).
The diagram shows the conclusions of the carburetor adjustment screws with the cover closed
A special tool is used to set the chainsaw
Only the L and N screws need to be adjusted. To increase the speed of rotation, they rotate in a clockwise direction. Lower. Counterclockwise. Sequence of screws used: L. H. T.
If you are in doubt about the adjustment, it is better to contact a specialist, because improper adjustment can damage the engine.
When adjustment is needed at all?
In particular, in rare cases it is necessary to adjust the carburetor of a chainsaw, more often there are problems related to fuel consumption or wear and tear of parts. But sometimes the “symptoms” indicate the need to adjust the mechanism. Here are some signs:
- When the engine starts, it immediately stops. Alternatively, it will not start at all. Caused by too much air and not enough fuel.
- Fuel consumption increases and as a result. Large amount of exhaust fumes. This is due to the reverse process. Fuel mixture oversaturation.
The causes of failure can be mechanical:
- The protective cap is damaged due to heavy vibration, causing all three bolts to lose their mounted locking position.
- Because of engine piston wear and tear. In this case, adjusting the chainsaw carburetor will help only temporarily, it is better to replace the worn part.
- Because of clogging caused by low-quality fuel, scale or a damaged filter. Carburetor requires complete disassembly, flushing and adjustment.
READ How to wind the line correctly for the trimmer on the grass trimmer Huter
If the chainsaw suddenly stops working, it must be disassembled to find out the reasons.