How To Assemble A Patriot Trimmer
How to repair a trimmer starter How to repair a trimmer starter with your own hands. How to disassemble and assemble the starter, wind the spring and replace the cord.
Disassembly of the starter unit
The launch mechanism is disassembled in order to install new parts instead of broken ones in the following sequence:
- Unscrew with a screwdriver the screw fixing the pulley with the starter cover;
- Take out the spring and antennae;
- Carefully remove the pulley (you need to turn your head away or work, wearing glasses and gloves first);
- Determine why the trigger has broken;
- If the spring has collapsed almost completely, then it is replaced;
- When the spring comes out of the hook, it is installed in its original place, bending the antennae in front of this (the photographs show the laying process);
- After the spring plate is installed inside the groove, carefully twist it.
To change the spring, you must work carefully and carefully: it can accidentally burst under the influence of the force caused by installing it in place. Even if you carefully remove the roller, the spring strip very quickly flies off the reel and can injure your hand with its sharp edges.
The device and principle of operation of the starter on the trimmer
Gas engine. This is, in principle, the main part of lawn mowers.Its power lies in the range of 0.5-2.5 hp. The movement from it is transmitted to the shaft, which is inside the hollow rod, and then through a gearbox consisting of gears, already a fishing line or knife (working body).
Also, lawn mowers have the following elements:
- Protective casing;
- Belt designed for the convenience of using the device;
- A starter used to start a gasoline internal combustion engine.
All parts of the lawn mower are presented in the photo below.
The trimmer starter is the integral part that starts the engine. He is shown separately in the two photos below.
Starter mechanisms for various models of lawn mowers work on the same principle: during the start of the internal combustion engine, the protrusions marked with 1 in the photo above engage with the pawls 3. When the engine starts to work, they return to their previous position due to the influence of centrifugal force. The wires 2 also play a similar role.
The process of returning the elements of the mechanism to their original position occurs due to the presence of a spring wound around the axis. It unfolds when the rope is pulled. After releasing the cord, it is pulled in and wound up due to the coiling of the spring. During the start-up of the internal combustion engine, lawn mowers, the starting mechanism turns its shaft until it starts to work (starts).
Today, gasoline lawn mowers equip starter mechanisms of two types:
The first option is much more common.
The trimmer starter can operate without breakage for a long time. It is impossible to clearly indicate the period of uptime. Everything is determined by the initial quality of the device and compliance with the rules for handling it.
How to repair a trimmer starter
Petrol trimmer starter repair may be required at the most inopportune moment. In this case, the problem can be solved in two ways: replace the broken part or change the entire unit. The latter option is more expensive. To repair the device with your own hands, in most cases, you only need a screwdriver with the appropriate tip from the tools. Repair work does not take much time and does not require special knowledge. It is enough to know the device, the principle of operation, the nuances of assembling and disassembling the starter on the trimmer in order to achieve the desired positive result.
Preparing and filling the fuel mixture into the Patriot PT 3355 trimmer
- The mixture for a two-stroke engine is prepared only from original Patriot oils and AI 92 high-octane gasoline.
- For cooking, use a special canister from the trimmer kit. The markings are adapted for gasoline and oil of a specific 3355 model.
- The petrol is filled up to the petrol liquid mark.
- It is filled with the appropriate Patriot brand of two-stroke engine oil.
- With a few shakes, the mixture is homogeneous.
- The mixture is prepared in a conventional gasoline canister with a gasoline / oil ratio of 32: 1.
- Mixing fuel directly in the trimmer tank is not recommended.
- It is recommended to prepare a portion of the mixture for one, maximum two dressings.
- Pour the mixture with the engine off, away from open flames.
Petrol trimmer Patriot PT 3355 is designed for trimming and mowing undersized grass on lawns, streets, around trees, along roadsides, on lawns and garden plots. The unit is successfully used on both flat and relief, uneven areas. The manufacturer has improved the model taking into account convenient transportation and easy use: the rod is split, quickly assembled and disassembled. Comfort of use is added by a wide shoulder strap with adjustable length. Quick start is simplified by the primer.
Description of the Patriot RT 3355 model
- A universal unit: the use of a fishing line allows you to perform work on mowing lawns and flower beds, changing to a cutting knife allows you to cut dead wood, weeds with a hard or elastic stem, trim shrubs.
- Comfortable control and operation. The use of innovative vibration protection in the design, selection of the optimal balance of the tool.
- Ergonomic handle and shoulder strap.
- The primer makes it easier to start, relieves the load from the starter.
- Maintenance is affordable and convenient. If necessary, a quick repair and elimination of malfunctions in the ignition and in the filtration compartment is carried out.
- Engine power 1.8 HP allows you to productively perform continuous work for 4-4.5 hours.
- Engine displacement 033 l.
- Sharp knife with a diameter of 230 mm. Knife rotation speed 8000 rpm.
- Strong, reliable line with a diameter of 2.4 mm.
- Coverage 460 mm.
- Bicycle handle.
- Net 6.6 kg.
- Gross 8.6 kg.
- Dimensions 95 x 36 x 23 cm.
Starting the trimmer for the first time
When everything has been checked and the prepared fuel mixture is poured into the tank, the moment comes for the first start of the trimmer before running it in. To do this, you need to perform the following manipulations:
- Place the mower on a level, horizontal surface;
- Move the choke control lever to the closed position;
- We pump fuel into the carburetor with several strokes of the primer;
- Turn on the ignition switch;
- Smoothly pull out the starting cord until you feel resistance;
- Then make 3. 4 sharp jerks with the cord until the lawn mower starts;
- After starting, open the air damper.
Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
Before you start the lawn mowers for the first time, you must perform a number of sequential actions:
- Inspect the gearbox and lubricate it;
- Prepare the correct fuel mixture.
Inspection of the lawn mowers gearbox and its lubrication
The gearbox must be checked on a regular basis before starting the petrol trimmer. Lack of lubrication or a small amount of it increases the friction of the gear transmission of the gearbox, which operates at rather high speeds. The result is overheating and gears. The lawn mower gearbox is out of order. To prevent the occurrence of such a breakdown during operation, regular inspection helps.
If, before starting the gasoline spit, it is detected that there is insufficient or no lubricant in the gearbox, LITOL is put into the body. For this it is necessary to unscrew the screw on the bend of the gear housing and to inject LITOL in the amount of 1-2 ml.
The cord lengthens spontaneously
There are situations when the trimmer user notices very fast line consumption. At the same time, he never hit the button on the ground to lengthen the line. The reason that the line spontaneously lengthens, being cut on a special knife on the casing of the apparatus, may be no spring in the mowing head. Often novice users of mowers, trying to load the line into the reel, forget to install the pressure spring in the head, or even lose it when opening the lid, and in the future, do not even know about its existence.
Trimmer coil device
Trimmer mowing heads come in a variety of designs, both simple and complex. The picture below shows semi-automatic trimmer head from Husqvarna (Husqvarna) lawn mowers disassembled.
This type of head is present on most lawn mowers and trimmers, such as Stihl (Stihl), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The device of the mowing head is quite simple. It includes the following details:
- Mowing head base;
- Button for semi-automatic cord feeding;
- Bobbin (spool) into which the line is tucked;
- Eyes. Through them the line comes out;
- Trimmer head cover;
- Fishing line (cord).
There are also simpler trim heads shown in the following photo.
All these attachments do not allow you to change the length of the line in a semi-automatic mode (after pressing a button). If the cord breaks, you have to stop the mower and change it manually.
How to remove the spool and replace the line
Trimmer owners, mostly beginners, find themselves in confusion, bordering on panic, when they need to change the cutting tool or line in the reel. Very often, when trying to unscrew the mowing head, users simply render it unusable, not suspecting that it is unscrewing in the opposite direction. To prevent this from happening, if you need to replace the tool, we recommend that you read the step-by-step instructions below.
- Stop the mowers engine or power off the trimmer before threading the spool to avoid injury from accidental starting rotation of the cutter.
- Unscrew the nozzle attached to gear shaft. To do this, the shaft must be fixed by aligning the holes on the washer and on the axle, and inserting a metal rod or screwdriver into them.
- Unscrew the nozzle. Be aware that the thread on the shaft is left-handed. Therefore, turn the trimmer coil to the right, that is, clockwise.
- Disassemble the mowing head. Most often, the head cover is attached on latches. To remove it, you will need to sink these latches into the case, pressing the edges of the cover. If your trimmer has a semi-automatic mowing head with a button on the bottom, then the disassembly of the attachment should be done carefully, since you can lose the spring, which sometimes flies out when the cover is removed.
- Cut off the required amount of line. Usually its length is 5 meters. Use a cord of the same diameter as indicated in the instructions for the tool. It is not recommended to exceed the maximum line diameter as this will result in increased engine stress and higher gas mileage.
- Find the midpoint of the line by folding it in half. You will have a loop.
- Coils are cut inside special grooves (there may be holes). Insert a loop of line into this slot.
- Wind the line around the spool by turning it counterclockwise. It is necessary to fill in the cord as evenly as possible, the turns should lie down without overlapping and with good tension. When the winding is complete, leave the free ends of the line about 20 cm long and fix them in the grooves on the sides of the reel.
- Assemble the mowing head. Before you finally assemble the attachment, be sure to insert spring and washer (if available). Place the spool in the body and thread the ends of the cord through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
- Screw the adapter back onto the gearbox shaft, also securing it with a screwdriver. You will need to twist the trimmer coil to the left (counter-clockwise).