How To Breed Oil For Two-Stroke Trimmer Engines
Trimmer, or lawn mowing. A tool that can not be done in the household. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. This means that you need to choose the right oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
Which oil to choose
For the effective operation of the trimmer, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. The following classification is distinguished depending on the chemical composition of the oil:
- Mineral. Based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with an air type of cooling, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- Semi-synthetic. Suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid type of cooling;
- Synthetic. Based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and feature of complete combustion. For the trimmer, it is recommended to use a lubricant that is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often on the package it is indicated that the oil is intended for gardening equipment and is marked TA, TV or TS. Over, the last of them is most preferable.
If the consumption of engine oil during the summer season is planned to be large due to the presence in the garden arsenal of a chainsaw, brush cutter, lawn mower, it is advisable to buy 5 liters of oil at a better price. If it is necessary only to mix with gasoline and fill a single tool, then 1 liter will be enough.
Often, manufacturers of lawn mowers produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you select the appropriate brand fluid.
What kind of gasoline to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer must be selected unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to damage to the device, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Other factors affect the quality of the fuel, for example, the use of a special lubricant for lawn mowing and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed to store gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
It is necessary to breed gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the lawn mowing elements, which contributes to rapid wear. In the event that the oil is more than expected, soot forms on the pistons and spark plugs. Carbon deposits on moving parts of the engine interfere with normal operation and lead to a speedy engine breakdown.
What proportion is required for a particular trimmer model can be found in the attached instructions. Most often, for 2-stroke gasoline engines of lawn mowers, the fuel mixture is used in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is part of the gasoline, 1 is part of the oil. That is, 20 ml of oil should be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The table will help you choose the right ratio.
To measure proportions correctly, use measuring tanks with a milliliter scale. For these purposes, a special canister with a double neck is perfect, it is designed for mixing and storage of oil gasoline. For example, oil can be filled with a medical syringe without a needle. Before mixing liquids, make sure that the tank for the finished fuel mixture is free of water, dust and particles of dirt.
Diluting gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable; moreover, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, then the operation of the trimmer motor may be unstable, because of which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline has the ability to dissolve plastic, which means that part of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to damage to the carburetor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
This will require:
- Oil suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- Canister, better metal;
- Mixing tank, also better metal;
In addition to protective equipment, do not forget about the fire safety rules, because gasoline and engine oil are highly flammable:
- It is better to carry out work on the street in order to avoid the accumulation of gasoline vapors in the room;
- Do not smoke and create situations associated with the occurrence of a spark.
A mixture of gasoline and oil should be made as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half the right portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do this extremely carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gas in such quantity that it is enough for several uses.
How and how much to refuel
Refilling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank so that the lid is placed on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark on the tank directly.
This can cause the fuel to spill over into the inlet pipe and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or ignition of the fuel.
When refueling the trimmer, the following safety precautions must be observed:
- Try to fill the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- If the gasoline spills, then immediately wipe it off;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed in a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- With a long break between operations, drain the remaining fuel.
The correct proportion and adherence to mixing and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. In this case, it is recommended to choose only a quality product of the corresponding brand.
The ratio of oil to gasoline is the main type of fuel for two-stroke engines. The fuel mixture ensures the efficient operation of the engine, helps to preserve its moving parts and reduce the number of breakdowns.
Fuel and oil for the preparation of the mixture
Properly preparing the fuel mixture is not always easy. It is necessary to correctly calculate the proportions, mix the liquids and properly store the finished mixture. Some drivers use their own recipes, adding their “secret” ingredients, among which may even be soda. To prepare the fuel mixture was not a problem, you need to follow a few simple rules and follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
To prepare the mixture using standard gasoline and oil from various manufacturers. What brand of gas should be used to prepare the oil fuel mixture? Some mistakenly believe that 80th grade gasoline is best suited, because it has many different additives. This is partly true, but this does not make it better than gasoline of the 92nd and 95th brands.
Over, it is very difficult to get 80th grade gasoline, because not one major fuel producer in the country now produces it. Therefore, the best option is the 95th grade gasoline, which has almost the same cost as the 92nd grade gasoline.
Which oil is best for preparing the mixture? It all depends on the preferences of the driver in a particular manufacturer. The only thing, it is important to use the oil only for its intended purpose. If the oil is for a tractor or a boat, then it should not be used for a car.
Rules for the preparation of the fuel mixture
The process of preparing the fuel mixture should begin with a detailed familiarization with the instructions attached to it. As mentioned at the beginning of the article, some drivers who, in their opinion, have incredible experience, do everything “by eye”. Of course, over time, each driver knows how and what needs to be done, but each mixture has its own differences, so it will never be superfluous to get acquainted with the tips from the manufacturer.
The main rules for the operation of the fuel mixture include:
- In no case do not reduce the proportion of oil in relation to gasoline. Oil is an expensive component, so many decide to save on it. However, an insufficient amount of oil in the mixture leads to strong heating of the piston and cylinder of the engine. Because of this, badass appears, which ultimately leads to the need for serious repairs.
- Do not use too much oil in relation to gasoline. Increasing the proportions of oil is also detrimental to the operation of the engine. Excessive amounts of oil lead to an increase in soot and rapid wear of the motor mechanism. Repair in this case will be as expensive as in the first case.
- Do not store the prepared mixture for longer than 30 days. Otherwise, it loses its properties and the use of such a mixture may harm the engine.
- Dirt, dust and other mechanical debris must not be allowed to become unusable.
Proportions and Mixing Process
How to determine the proportions for mixing oil with gasoline? Standard proportions should be indicated on containers with oil. The amount of oil used may vary depending on the manufacturer, but proportions of 1:40 or 1:50 are often used. A slight deviation from this ratio is allowed. This will not entail serious consequences.
Having determined the exact proportions, you need to proceed to the direct preparation of the mixture. How can this be done? For this, various containers are suitable. Important: in no case should you mix fuel with oil directly in the gas tank, pouring one liquid after another in turn. The mixture is always prepared separately and only then it is slowly poured into the gas tank.
For mixing, you can use a variety of devices, among which:
- Special containers for mixing. These are convenient canisters with two separate parts. Separately for gasoline and oil. To prepare the mixture in such a container, you just need to pour the right amount of liquid, close the container and tilt the canister several times. Such devices are very convenient, but they are quite expensive. If you mix the mixture often enough, then you should think about purchasing such a container.
- Conventional metal and plastic cans. Standard cans are the most practical fixtures. One has only to be careful when using plastic and glass cans, because when using them there is a possibility of a discharge of electricity. If you need to prepare a small amount of the mixture, you can use a regular plastic bottle.
- The means at hand. To save money, many use improvised devices, for example, baby horns and even syringes. Such funds are not very convenient, but they cost a penny.
How and what to store the finished mixture?
Manufacturers recommend storing the fuel mixture in a clean container, preferably in a metal one. In no case should you leave the mixture in direct sunlight, because this will lead not only to the loss of its properties, but also to other very unpleasant consequences. The maximum shelf life of the finished mixture is 30 days.
Depending on the frequency of use of the car, some drivers prepare the mixture once a week, others. Once a month. Of course, not every owner has the time to constantly measure proportions and mix fuel with oil. It is important to remember that the “fresher” the mixture, the better it is for the engine.
Many people use plastic cans and bottles as containers for storing the mixture. It is convenient and practical. There is always room for a small plastic bottle. However, this should be careful. The fact is that during prolonged storage in a container made of plastic, the fuel mixture can literally “eat” a hole in it. The process of corroding plastic is very fast. Therefore, it is best to use metal containers.
Perhaps this is not so convenient, but more reliable. If you still need to use a plastic canister, then remember that you can store the mixture in it for no more than two to three days. Next, you need to transfer it to another container.
Signs of misuse
Using a contaminated or disproportionate mixture can cause serious engine malfunctions. If you made a mistake when mixing. It’s okay, because the car itself will tell you about it. You need only to be attentive to some signs, among which:
- The appearance of dirt and various deposits on the carburetor.
- Rapid contamination of the fuel filter located in the gas tank.
- Oxidation of the walls of the carburetor and loss of elasticity of the rubber diaphragm in various parts of the gas tank. This symptom manifests itself only during prolonged storage of unusable mixture directly in the gas tank of the car.
The formation of tarry deposits in the carburetor area.
At the slightest manifestation of one of the signs, it is necessary to make changes to the mixing process, choosing more suitable proportions. Thus, you can choose the perfect fuel mixture and avoid serious violations in the engine.
In order to independently prepare the correct fuel mixture, which will ensure perfect engine performance, it is necessary to use the appropriate fuel, strictly adhere to the proportions specified by the manufacturer, use a suitable container and store the finished mixture for no longer than 30 days. Adhering to these rules, you will prepare the perfect mixture for the engine of your car.