How To Breed Oil In A Proportional Trimmer
- What gasoline can be poured into the trimmer?
- The proportion of the fuel mixture
- Features refueling lawn mowers
For those people who have a summer house or a country house, very often difficulties arise with overgrown grass on the site. As a rule, several times a season it is necessary to mow it and get rid of thickets. Currently, the market offers a wide selection of equipment for the garden. One of these assistants can be attributed to the lawn mowing, in other words. A trimmer. For effective and long-term operation of such equipment, it is necessary to refuel it with high-quality fuel or correctly prepared fuel mixtures.
What gasoline can be poured into the trimmer?
Before determining which gasoline can be poured into the trimmer, It is necessary to define some of the concepts used.
- Trimmers can be with four-stroke or two-stroke engines. Four-stroke trimmers are the most powerful and complex in design, the lubrication of parts of its engine is carried out by an oil pump. The engine runs on clean gasoline. For push-pull units. Simpler ones. It is necessary to prepare a fuel mixture consisting of gasoline and oil. That’s due to the amount of oil that is in the fuel, and friction parts are lubricated in the cylinder of this engine.
- To prepare the mixture you need gasoline of a certain brand AI-95 or AI-92. The brand of gasoline depends on its ignition rate. The octane rating. The lower this indicator, the faster gasoline burns and its greater consumption.
Many lawn mowers have two-stroke engines that operate primarily on AI-92 gasoline. Fuel for them must be mixed independently. It is better to pour gasoline of the brand that is specified for it by the manufacturer into the lawn mower, otherwise the trimmer will fail faster. For example, with AI-95 gasoline, the engine will quickly overheat, and when choosing AI-80, the fuel mixture is of very low quality, so the engine will be unstable and with low power.
In addition to choosing a brand of gasoline, when preparing the fuel mixture for lawn mowers, you need to use a special oil designed specifically for two-stroke engines. Semi-synthetic and synthetic oils are well suited for lawn mowing. Semi-synthetic oils are in the average price range, suitable for such equipment from any manufacturer, well lubricate the necessary elements of the motor. Synthetic oils are more expensive, but when they are used, the engine will last longer. In any case, when buying equipment, you should carefully read the instructions, as sometimes the manufacturer gives recommendations on the use of specific brands of oil.
The proportion of the fuel mixture
If the mixture is diluted correctly, for example, following the instructions below, then the equipment will last you more than one year without serious technical breakdowns. At the same time, fuel consumption will be low, and the result of work will be high. The fuel preparation process should always be the same and constant. It is best to use the same ingredients always, without changing the brand specified by the manufacturer.
Do not add a lot of oil, this can damage the engine, but you should not save on it either. To maintain the correct proportions, always use the same measuring container so as not to be mistaken with the quantity. You can use medical syringes to measure the oil, but some manufacturers, along with the oil, provide complete and measured containers with risks.
The most correct ratio of oil to gasoline is considered to be 1 to 50, where 50 is the amount of gasoline, and the amount of oil is 1. For a better understanding, we explain that 1 liter is equal to 1000 ml. So, to get a ratio of 1 to 50, 1000 ml is divided by 50, it turns out 20 ml. As a result, you need to add only 20 milliliters of oil to 1 liter of gasoline. To dilute 5 liters of gasoline, you will need 100 ml of oil.
In addition to observing the correct proportion, it is necessary to observe the technology of mixing the ingredients. In no case can you just add oil to the gas tank. It is better to follow the following step-by-step instructions.
- To dilute the mixture, you must prepare in advance a container in which you will mix gasoline and oil. This can be a clean metal or plastic canister with volumes of 3, 5 or 10 liters, to make it easier to calculate the amount of oil. Do not use bottles from under drinking water for this purpose. They are made of thin plastic, which can dissolve from gasoline. Use a special measuring container to measure the oil. But if there is none, then, as already noted, high-dose medical syringes are suitable.
- Pour gasoline into the canister without adding a couple of centimeters to the full volume. In order not to spill gasoline, take a watering can or insert a funnel into the neck of the canister. Then, in the syringe or in the measuring device, draw the right amount of oil and pour into a container with gasoline. It is not recommended to do the opposite. Pour gasoline into the oil.
- Close the lid tightly with a bottle and stir the resulting mixture. If during the preparation of the mixture or its mixing a part of the fuel spills out, it is necessary to immediately wipe the canister with a dry rag.
- Be sure to observe fire safety measures. Dilute the mixture away from fire and in no case do not leave leftovers of fuel and used materials out of the reach of children.
Features refueling lawn mowers
When the mixture is cooked and ready for use, it must be carefully poured into the fuel tank. Since gasoline is a toxic liquid, safety precautions must be observed when working with it. Work must be carried out in calm weather and away from strangers. And also for pouring fuel into the tank you need to use a watering can or funnel, with which you previously diluted the mixture. Otherwise, the mixture may spill, go unnoticed, and ignite when the engine is heated.
The fuel bank itself must be cleaned of external contaminants and only then unscrew its cover in order to refuel with the prepared fuel. After the fuel has been filled, the tank should not be left open, as insects or earth can get into it, as a result of which the fuel filter will clog. Pour fuel into the tank to the specified mark or less, and then topping up during operation.
During storage, the container must be tightly closed with a lid. Fuel must be stored in a cool room, in a place where the sun does not penetrate. It is worth remembering that with prolonged storage of the mixture, the oil liquefies and loses its properties.
Trimmer, or lawn mowing. A tool that can not be done in the household. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. This means that you need to choose the right oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
Which oil to choose
For the effective operation of the trimmer, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. The following classification is distinguished depending on the chemical composition of the oil:
- Mineral. Based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with an air type of cooling, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- Semi-synthetic. Suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid type of cooling;
- Synthetic. Based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and feature of complete combustion. For the trimmer, it is recommended to use a lubricant that is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often on the package it is indicated that the oil is intended for gardening equipment and is marked TA, TV or TS. Over, the last of them is most preferable.
If the consumption of engine oil during the summer season is planned to be large due to the presence in the garden arsenal of a chainsaw, brush cutter, lawn mower, it is advisable to buy 5 liters of oil at a better price. If it is necessary only to mix with gasoline and fill a single tool, then 1 liter will be enough.
Often, manufacturers of lawn mowers produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you select the appropriate brand fluid.
What kind of gasoline to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer must be selected unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to damage to the device, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Other factors affect the quality of the fuel, for example, the use of a special lubricant for lawn mowing and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed to store gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
It is necessary to breed gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the lawn mowing elements, which contributes to rapid wear. In the event that the oil is more than expected, soot forms on the pistons and spark plugs. Carbon deposits on moving parts of the engine interfere with normal operation and lead to a speedy engine breakdown.
What proportion is required for a particular trimmer model can be found in the attached instructions. Most often, for 2-stroke gasoline engines of lawn mowers, the fuel mixture is used in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is part of the gasoline, 1 is part of the oil. That is, 20 ml of oil should be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The table will help you choose the right ratio.
To measure proportions correctly, use measuring tanks with a milliliter scale. For these purposes, a special canister with a double neck is perfect, it is designed for mixing and storage of oil gasoline. For example, oil can be filled with a medical syringe without a needle. Before mixing liquids, make sure that the tank for the finished fuel mixture is free of water, dust and particles of dirt.
Diluting gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable; moreover, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, then the operation of the trimmer motor may be unstable, because of which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline has the ability to dissolve plastic, which means that part of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to damage to the carburetor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
This will require:
- Oil suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- Canister, better metal;
- Mixing tank, also better metal;
In addition to protective equipment, do not forget about the fire safety rules, because gasoline and engine oil are highly flammable:
- It is better to carry out work on the street in order to avoid the accumulation of gasoline vapors in the room;
- Do not smoke and create situations associated with the occurrence of a spark.
A mixture of gasoline and oil should be made as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half the right portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do this extremely carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gas in such quantity that it is enough for several uses.
How and how much to refuel
Refilling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank so that the lid is placed on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark on the tank directly.
This can cause the fuel to spill over into the inlet pipe and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or ignition of the fuel.
When refueling the trimmer, the following safety precautions must be observed:
- Try to fill the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- If the gasoline spills, then immediately wipe it off;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed in a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- With a long break between operations, drain the remaining fuel.
The correct proportion and adherence to mixing and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. In this case, it is recommended to choose only a quality product of the corresponding brand.