How to Change a Cord On a Stihl 55 Trimmer
Carburetor adjustment and repair
The trimmer does not belong to complex household appliances, because most of its failures are mechanical in nature and can be successfully removed with their own hands. Even if the engine fails for severe reasons. Damage to the piston ring, for example, repair is reduced to replacing the part.
And with a relatively conventional design, such a part of the device as a carburetor needs to be adjusted.
Principle of operation
A carburetor is a module of the power system in which liquid fuel and air are mixed before being fed into the engine cylinders. Depending on the tool and its operating mode, mixing and feeding are adjusted appropriately.
The carburetor device of the lawn mowing is uniform for virtually all cases. The price of the Stihl fs 38 mower must be adjusted with the carburetor screw. It belongs to the category of float devices. How to adjust the carburetor on a scooter. Honda dio af-34. The latter provide constant characteristics of the finished consistency.
The mechanism of the module is as follows.
- Air enters the body of the tube with an air damper. Adjusting the carburetor trimmer Stihl fs 55 in the how to adjust the carburetor. The latter increases or decreases the air flow depending on its own position.
- In the area where the hole for supplying gasoline is formed, the tube has a constriction. A diffuser. We adjust the carburetor trimmer Stihl fs 55 in the in order to adjust the idle speed. Here the flow rate increases.
- Fuel from the float chamber through the nozzle is fed into the tube. The float level determines the amount of fuel supplied. How to adjust 24, I took out a carburetor with a dio, I don’t know the rings on the piston of a Honda dio 34. Because the pressure in the chamber is normal and the tube is low due to the greater dilution of air, gasoline is sucked through the nozzle.
- Accelerated airflow picks up fuel and atomizes it, forming an air-fuel mixture of suitable density.
- The mixture is sucked into the cylinder through a pipe.
The stronger the air damper in the tube is open, the higher the density of the air flow, which means that more fuel enters the cylinder. Carb setting lawn mowers boils down to setting such a ratio of dampers, at which the density of the fuel consistency becomes good.
Signs of imbalance
Carburetor debugging is certainly done in the manufacture of the apparatus. Usually about need adjust do-it-yourself fuel delivery, the owners will find out only after quite severe breakdowns, during the correction of which the module was removed and, for example, cleaned.
Signs of a failure in the settings are as follows:
- It starts up, but the motor stalls here. Since the engine can only work when a certain amount of gasoline is supplied, with very “poor” fuel, in other words, blocking the supply channel, the motor will stop;
- Very high fuel consumption, a lot of exhaust gases. The result of incomplete combustion of consistency. In this case, there is a lot of fuel, and the mixture comes out extremely dense.
Carburetor Lawn Mowers Stihl, Makita, Husqvarna and others are adjusted with adjusting screws. Sometimes a prerequisite for the disorder of the work is a violation of fixation. Due to vibration or damage to the protective cap. Such a breakdown can be found by simply trying to turn the screw a bit: if the fixation is not rigid, it is worth checking the setting.
Carburetor Repair for STIHL FS55 Lawn Mowers
Replacement of a sealing ring, accelerator in carburetor lawn mowers (benzotrimer) STIHL FS55.
Stihl FS 55. Carburetor adjustment (idle)
We adjust the carburetor trimmer Stihl FS 55 in the to adjust idle speed.
DIY carburetor adjustment
The configuration of the module does not apply to repair and replacement of spare parts is not required. In this case, the repair kit for the carburetor lawn mowers will not be needed.
There are three screws for debugging:
- L. Is regulated first, since it is responsible for supplying fuel at low speeds;
- H. He is responsible for the supply of gasoline at high speeds, as well as for fuel consumption and temperature;
- T. It is used to debug idle move.
There are options, usually this carburetor Chinese lawn mowers, when there is only one screw left for debugging on the case. To adjust the idle speed. How to adjust a new Japanese carburetor on your Honda Dio 27 moped. This does not mean that the module is automatically configured. It means that it will be difficult to carry out even a type of repair such as debugging. As a rule, the need to adjust the feed carburetor lawn mowers Stihl. In the photo. Carburetor adjustment of the Chinese lawn mowers.
- Setting up the module is carried out only when the engine is warm: for this, the device is first turned on for 10 minutes. If the mowing head rotates at idle, then proceed with debugging immediately: turn screw T counterclockwise until the rotation stops.
- Adjustment starts with screw L. The screw rotates left and right until it finds its position at which idle speed does not become maximum.
- Then turn the screw на turn counterclockwise. Lawn mowing carburetor is a unit in the power system. How to adjust the carburetor on. This will be his working position.
- Idle must be adjusted by turns counter-clockwise to increase the speed and clockwise. To decrease. Its debugging consists in the achievement of such a mode in which a sufficient number of revolutions is made before the mowing head begins to rotate. In this case, the engine must work stably in different positions.
- The position of the screw L is determined last. At maximum speeds the trimmer should not work for more than 10 seconds. Stihl fs 55 lawn mowers stihl fs55 lawn mowers stihl fs 55 how to adjust the carburetor. The throttle opens, the screw turns clockwise, very slowly, until a decrease in the number of revolutions is established by ear.
- Then, the screw also rotates slowly counterclockwise until the motor starts to malfunction. Then the screw is turned back clockwise until the engine starts working again normally.
If there is a tanometer, and if the recommended revolutions are indicated in the product passport, the correction can be made more accurate, focusing not on the ear, but on the readings of the device.
7 comments for “Adjustment and repair carburetor lawn mowers”
- Dmitry Pavlovich 07/04/2016
Please clarify. In the adjustment section 5, screw L. Error? Should I read screw A? Thank you
Tell me the initial position of the screws H L LA
Tip THE INITIAL POSITION
Tell me the initial position of the screws H L LA
Thank you very much for the about the accelerator and I don’t know, and the defect is very important and creates a huge problem about which almost everyone is silent. It will be enough to adjust the fuel level as a Solex carburetor. Bravo….
Maybe all the same, a tachometer is a speed meter, and not a tonometer, a blood pressure meter
And I have L, H, LA, is it LA instead of T?
The heart of any chainsaw is a two-stroke internal combustion engine.
There was a need to purchase a reliable and faithful mechanical aids.
The trimmer does not belong to complex household appliances, so most of it is gender.
Gone are the days of the Soviet agro-industrial gigantomania. They made a gig.
A tiller is an economical tractor option for small jobs.
Tiller Neva today is available in various versions, this one is specialized.
If you often encounter the need to mow grass in this area, then specially for this purpose you are using modern devices in the manner of trimmers, in other words, lawn mowers. Among other solutions, lawn mowers are presented on the modern market, through which it is possible to maintain the surrounding area in a tidy condition.
In the role of the textbook of the principal advantages of the lawn mowers is the fact that it is not tied to a power source observing the principle of electronic units. However, to use such equipment, of course, even on uneven areas and in inaccessible places, this should include the area under the bushes.
The Stihl FS 55 lawn mowers device is understandable to you if you intend to operate the equipment, and even more so to repair it. Petrol engine in this unit is almost the same as in the chainsaw. But the tire of the latter is fixed to the motor reducer by a longish tubular rod. Inside the shaft is a shaft that transmits torque from the motor to the working tool. This design is suspended on a belt that is thrown over the shoulder. This allows you to hold the tool on weight, which is important when the weight of the chainsaw is sensitive.
The handle is fixed to the unit rod, with it you can move the end of the rod with working equipment. Lawn mowing “Stihl FS 55 ”, the busy repair annotation is presented in the text of the article, a stranger to a person has a protective shield in the form of a casing that eliminates personal injury during operation. The instrument itself is a round drum, on both sides of which a thick fishing line comes out of the holes. When the drum spins, the fishing line, under the action of centrifugal force, is pulled and hits the grass, chopping it.
Lawn mowing “Stihl FS 55”, the technical properties of which it will be presented to you below, has a wear-resistant nylon fishing line. It is sometimes updated by the method of unwinding the coil, which is located inside the drum.
Gas Handle Lawn Mowers Stihl FS 55 | Device, disassembly and principle of work
The above equipment option costs 13,490 rubles. He is a premium device. When using it, you can take care of the territory on a large suburban area. Young and ancient grass, reeds and weeds, as well as young shrubs, lend themselves to equipment.
Customers also like the bicycle handle, which enhances ease of use. During operation, the hands will be spread apart extensively, therefore it is easier to control the unit. He is very maneuverable. Buyers like the handle and strap to be adjusted according to the needs of the operator.
The tool is an option to easily configure for a comfortable implementation. The controls are on one handle. You don’t have to go anywhere, everything is placed under the palm of your hand. Lawn mowing “Stihl FS 55 “, according to consumer claims, is additionally comfortable in that it has a pair of protective covers, one where it is installed for a knife, while the other for fishing line. The casing for the latter has a narrowing at the bar.
The equipment described above must be used by wearing special clothing and using equipment. Men’s clothing should not interfere with work. You should choose the one that perfectly fits the body. It is necessary to exclude wide sleeves that can catch on bushes, tree species or moving parts of the unit.
Fundamentally remove ties and scarves. This also applies to jewelry. While starting up the Stihl FS 55 lawn mower, you need to wear protective boots that have a rough sole. It is important to use a special protective helmet and goggles, which will exclude damage to the organs of vision.
The motor is started far from the native land of 3 m and not just from the place of fueling the device. It is impossible to carry out these works indoors. Before you need to take a stable reliable position. With all this, the motor vehicle is held very tightly. The cutting tool must not come into contact with the ground or objects, because it can spin when starting up.
Repair STIHL FS 55 crankshaft for 200r.
The unit is serviced by only one person, at the same time there should not be any third parties in the area with a radius of 15 m. Otherwise, you will always be injured due to discarded items. The start of the Stihl FS 55 lawnmowers motor, the properties which are involved are presented in the text of the article, should not be carried out manually. After releasing the gas lever, the cutting tool will move automatically over a period of time. Flammable materials must be kept away from the hot gas stream and the surface of the hot muffler, because this can be a fire hazard.
Works lawn mowing due to gasoline, which simply ignites. Therefore, at one time, refueling is not recommended to smoke nearby. Before refueling, the motor turns off. It is harmful to carry out such manipulations until the engine has cooled, because the fuel can overflow and begin to pose a fire hazard.
The fuel tank lock is opened with special care, because excess pressure can be a prerequisite for spraying fuel. Lawn mowing “Stihl FS 55 ”, the operating manual in which you wish to be investigated, is required before you start using the device, refuel in well-ventilated places. If fuel has been spilled, the device should be immediately cleaned of it so that it does not get on clothing, otherwise the latter should be changed immediately.
As a result of refueling, tighten the threaded lock of the fuel tank. This will reduce the possibility of unscrewing it due to vibration of the motor. If this is not predicted, then there will be a danger of fuel leakage. It is important to note leaks. If fuel is spilled, the engine should not be started, otherwise there is a danger of burns.
Lawn mowing “Stihl FS 55”, the operating manual in which is required to be supplied and suitable for you, is examined before the start of work, in fact there is high-tech equipment that is not difficult to maintain. You can repair and adjust without the help of others. As for the carburetor, this is a matter of 5 minutes.
The main problems of the carburetor malfunction will be breakdowns and blockages. In order to find out the reason, unscrew the fuel filter cover and pull out the strainer. If he has accumulated dirt, then purging or flushing in gasoline will help. If you find the visible configurations on the filter, then it should be replaced with a new one.
Perhaps the fuel supply pipes will also be damaged. Failure of the carburetor starting device sometimes occurs due to gaps. For washing, gasoline or acetone is used. You’d rather like the carburetor by blowing with compressed air, for this purpose they use a comfortable repair practice. Depressurized may turn out to be an outlet on a different intake pipe, additionally the throttle body and other places where the carburetor parts are connected to each other. If you encounter the aforementioned problem, then make sure there of course with a soap solution that is applied to a suitable area.
One of the main garden tools in the garden or in the country is a lawn mowing machine or trimmer. Gardeners use this tool for mowing grass, weed control, lawn mowing. Like any other tool, the trimmer requires careful maintenance and the do-it-yourself repair of lawn mowers is required.
Lawn mowing construction
The trimmer consists of three parts: a gasoline engine, a rod with a shaft inside and a cutting element. Torque is transmitted through the shaft from the motor to the cutting head. In trimmers with a curved rod, the cable acts as a shaft. The rod itself is attached to the gearbox of a gasoline engine. There is engine control on the bar, a belt can also be attached, for convenient use of the trimmer. The cutting element in lawn mowers is a fishing line wound around a trimmer head or a special knife used to trim large weeds.
The main and most complex unit in the trimmer is the engine. In domestic and semi-professional lawn mowers, two types of engines are used. 2 or 4-stroke. Depending on the type of gas engine, its refueling and maintenance are different.
- 2-stroke engines do not have their own lubrication system, so they do not work on pure gasoline, but on a mixture of gasoline and oil. The latter, getting into the ignition chamber, lubricates the moving components of the engine.
- 4-stroke engines are lubricated with oil in the crankcase. They work on pure gasoline without impurities.
Do-it-yourself lawn mowing and trimmer maintenance can be done without outside help. If replacement of motor spare parts is required or its adjustment. Then it is necessary to contact a repair shop.
First launch at the beginning of the season
In late spring, when the active use of lawn mowers begins, before starting work, you need to do an inspection and a test for the performance of your tool. Be sure to lubricate the rotating parts, inspect and, if necessary, replace the cutting elements (knife or fishing line). Check for fuel mixture in the tank. If you drained fuel at the end of the previous season, do not forget to pump fuel into the engine with a suction (if it is in the engine).
Starting most two-stroke engines is pretty straightforward. Use the procedure described in your trimmer instructions if it differs from the following:
- Move the choke lever to the open position. Position the trimmer on its side so that the air filter is on top.
- Hold or lock the throttle in the on position (the throttle must be held until the engine warms up).
- If the device has an on / off switch, move it to the on position (usually indicated by “I” rather than “O”).
- Make sharp, quick jerks with the starter handle until you hear the engine try to start. This should occur between 1-6 jerks, but no more.
- Close the throttle to half and restart the starter. The engine should start after 2-6 additional jerks. If not, move the throttle lever to the full position and pull the starter handle again. Return the lever to half the throttle and pull another 3 times.
- After starting the engine, keep the start button pressed and let it warm up for 10 seconds, then turn off the start system.
- When the lawn mower warms up, it must restart with the throttle in the closed position.
You can also use another proven trick. If before starting, remove the air filter and pour a couple of drops of the mixture into the carburetor and collect again, then the engine should start.
How to repair lawn mowers if the engine does not start.
Before you repair your lawn mowers with your own hands, you first need to identify the malfunction. First you need to check the filters. Both fuel and air. If necessary, the air filter can be washed in gasoline or using water and detergents.
After the filter is well wrung out and dried. Before installing on the air filter, it is advisable to moisten a couple drops of oil for 2-stroke engines.The fuel filter is not flushed, only a replacement.
Checking the glow plug.
On a cold motor, remove the high-voltage wire from the spark plug and unscrew it using a special key. This key is provided by the manufacturer so that you can easily repair the lawn mowings with your own hands.
Photo of twisting glow plugs
First visually inspect it for contamination, also check if it is filled with fuel mixture. If the candle is dirty, it must be cleaned with a file or an iron brush. If the candle is filled, it must be dried, and the remaining fuel drained from the combustion chamber through the spark plug hole. Be sure to check the clearance at the spark plug. It should be no more than 0.6 mm.
Candle Insulation Crack
If cracks are visible on the ceramic part of the candle. Be sure to change the candle.
Check for spark.
Insert the high-voltage wire into the removed spark plug and press the metal part of the spark plug to the engine housing. This may be difficult to do, as the plastic cover usually closes the engine, and the candles are difficult to access the metal casing. You can use a bolt or something else to make the candle contact the body. Turn on the trimmer and pull the starter cord. This can be difficult to do alone, so find a reliable assistant who can help you repair your lawn mowers!
The spark should be blue. If it is difficult to see the spark in bright sunlight, move the trimmer into the shade or into the room. If there is no spark, try changing a candle or high voltage wire. If this does not help, you should contact a repair shop.
What to do if the trimmer is wound up and stalls.
Check the air access valve in the fuel tank. If the valve is clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank and the carburetor does not receive enough fuel. The trimmer will start, but then stall. Clean valve. You can also start a lawn mow with a tank cap that is not fully twisted. Check fuel and air filter.
Lawn mowing may also work unevenly or stall due to a poorly adjusted carburetor. How to find out what is a carburetor? Uneven operation of the engine or vibration during its operation. There may be a couple of problems:
- Poor idle speed control
- The changed composition of the fuel mixture
- Carburettor adjustment bolts loosened due to vibration
Adjustment of the carburetor must be carried out with clean fuel and air filters and be sure to follow the instructions that come with the trimmer.A properly adjusted engine is considered when:
- A cold engine idles evenly.
- A hot engine has low rpm without load.
- The engine runs uniformly in any position.
The exhaust silencer is equipped with a mesh. Anti-spark screen. Over time, this grid becomes clogged, fouling with soot from burnt oil and reducing engine output. This problem is solved by cleaning the mesh with an old toothbrush, compressed air or a small wire brush.
Mesh Screen Cleaning
As you can see, do-it-yourself lawn mowing repair is not such a complicated matter and many can fix most of the malfunctions.
Additional lawn maintenance questions
Is it possible to leave the fuel stored in the lawn mowers?No, fuel should not be stored in the unit. If the trimmer does not work for more than 30 days, drain the fuel and start the lawn mower and let it run until the engine stops.
What type of gasoline should i use?Most lawnmowers run on 92 octane gasoline. Never use gasoline with a lower octane rating or diesel. Try to use freshly purchased gasoline and mix it with the recommended oil for 2-stroke engines.
What is the correct spark plug clearance?The spark plug clearance on all engines is 0.5. 0.6 mm.