How to charge a screwdriver
The influence of external factors on the battery
This section provides detailed information on how to properly charge the screwdriver battery and use the equipment outdoors. Despite the fact that instructions are attached to each model of the screwdriver, there are general rules for using cordless tools outdoors:
- The process of charging the battery should be carried out in a special temperature mode: from 10 0 to 35 0 C. It is undesirable to charge the battery in the cold at temperatures below 5 0 C.
- Avoid contact of the tool or battery with moisture: rain or snow, high humidity. This can lead to the development of rust and poor electrical conductivity. In this case, you will have to buy a new device and spend time looking for a suitable battery.
- Direct sunlight is also harmful to the battery and the entire instrument! Especially in summer when temperatures are high. This is fraught with overheating of the device and disruption of contacts, because as a result of high temperatures, metal ions begin to react with each other. This process is not immediately visible, over time you will find that charging has become slower, and the indicator will always show one position.
It is considered one of the modern types using the latest technology. Differs in sufficient battery capacity. It has no memory effect and is designed for intensive and frequent use. Charges quickly with up to 1000 charge cycles.
However, lithium-ion models are expensive and work poorly at low temperatures: they discharge faster and give an unstable flow of energy. Store such batteries in a semi-discharged state and periodically recharge.
Nickel cadmium battery
The very first type of battery holds a charge for a long time and has a fairly good capacity. However, it has a memory effect that prohibits charging when the battery is not fully discharged. Therefore, frequent recharging is unacceptable, this leads to a reduction in the battery capacity. Before using for the first time, you also need to fully charge the battery first, and then start working with the tool.
Nickel-cadmium batteries are commonly used in budget-class screwdrivers due to their favorable price and optimal mode of infrequent use.
How to charge a screwdriver battery
The screwdriver is one of the most popular electrical tools for renovation and finishing work. This device can be found in almost every home and it is used for twisting fasteners or drilling holes of different diameters, it is used in work by both professionals at construction or installation sites, and amateurs in home repairs.
All electric screwdrivers are divided into 2 types: mains and cordless. Mains receive power from a power source through an outlet and a cable, and rechargeable ones. through a battery. In this article, we will only talk about cordless screwdrivers, namely, how to properly charge a screwdriver with a battery of one type or another.
How to charge a screwdriver battery without a charger
There are non-standard methods on how to charge a screwdriver without a charger: charging from a car, from a universal charger or from an external power source. The effectiveness of such actions is probably high if there is no branded charger at hand, but the safety of the battery is questionable, as it can lead to overcharging of the battery. We do not recommend using these methods, as they can not only lead to failure or breakdown of the battery itself, but are simply dangerous to humans. It is better to purchase a branded device of the same brand as the screwdriver, or suitable in terms of characteristics.
Replacing an IKEA FIXA cordless Screwdriver Battery
There are 2 types of battery charger for screwdrivers:
Conventional chargers take 3-7 hours to fully charge the battery. Typically used with household screwdrivers where battery capacity is not consumed intensively and frequent battery charging is not required.
Impulse devices fully charge the battery in less than 1 hour. They are usually included with professional high-power models that are used continuously for a long time and require a quick recharge of a replacement battery.
Also, be sure to check the compatibility of the charger and your mains supply. The required voltage for the device must be spelled out in the instructions for it. If the indicators do not match and the voltage of the network itself is higher than necessary, then a transformer or adapter should be used to compensate for the imbalance. Otherwise, a short circuit may occur or the device will simply burn out. The presence of a fuse inside the device simply will not allow it to charge the battery.
How long does it take to charge the battery
Before charging the cordless drill or screwdriver, you need to determine how long it will take for this procedure. As a rule, the period is prescribed in the instructions attached to the instrument. Some battery models have an indicator light that indicates when the device is fully charged. After charging is complete, immediately disconnect the battery from the charger.
Typically, the charging time is from half an hour to 7 hours, depending on the type of battery itself and the charger. Nickel-cadmium batteries are powered for the longest time. 3-7 hours.
The chemical composition of the device is one of the main characteristics that determines the type of charge. The metal used in the battery determines how to properly charge the screwdriver (correct sequence of the charge-discharge cycle), which prolongs the life of the device. All batteries in screwdrivers are of three types: lithium-ion, nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride.
How to properly charge the battery for a screwdriver?
The cordless tool is convenient in nature, in places where there is no stable permanent access to power supply. The absence of a cable allows you to avoid inconvenience with extension cords, fear of overloading the network, entanglement with wires, inability to crawl to hard-to-reach areas.
Operation of the cordless tool has its own characteristics. How to properly charge the battery without damaging it? What are they made of, how do they differ? Answers. in the article.
Charging methods without using a charger (non-standard methods)
NEED TO KNOW! We do not recommend using the information from this paragraph in practice. We provide for informational purposes.
There are non-standard methods on how to charge a screwdriver battery without a charger:
- car charging,
- universal charger,
- external energy source.
The effectiveness of such actions can be justified if there is no proprietary charging. Safety questionable. recharge possible. We do not recommend using these methods. they can lead to malfunction, damage to the battery and are dangerous to the user. Purchase a branded battery of a brand similar to the screwdriver or suitable in terms of characteristics.
How long does it take to charge the screwdriver battery?
Before charging the cordless drill or screwdriver, you need to determine how long it will take for this procedure. The period is prescribed in the instructions attached to the instrument. Some models have a light indication. it will show when the device is fully charged. After charging is complete, immediately disconnect the battery from the charger.
Typical charging times range from half an hour to 7 hours, depending on the type of battery and charger. Nickel-cadmium are fed with energy for the longest time. 3-7 hours.
Features and rules for charging the battery of screwdrivers
The batteries are made from different materials. This affects the size, weight, the ability to drill at subzero temperatures, voltage, capacity, susceptibility to the memory effect. The latter especially affects the principle of charging a screwdriver.
The memory effect is the loss of capacity achieved by incomplete discharge of a battery. If you stop using the tool before it is completely discharged, the device will “remember” this and will not use the resource in full. Failure to properly handle the battery will reduce capacity.
Screwdriver battery device
Main structural elements:
- The case on which the contacts are located (connected to a charger or a power tool).
- “Banks” (as a rule, there are several of them), united by a common chain.
- For safe operation, there is a temperature sensor to prevent overheating.
Battery specifications for screwdrivers:
- Voltage (V) is an indicator that characterizes the capabilities of the tool. It affects how difficult tasks can be accomplished with it. The voltage can be described as the equivalent of the power of network devices. The indicator is not constant: it reaches its peak when the battery is fully charged, gradually decreases during the discharge process. That is why it makes sense to perform work that requires a high impact force, at first.
- Capacity characterizes how much energy the device stores. Affects the duration of work on a single charge. We must remember. one device with one battery will work for different times (depending on the complexity of the tasks).
- Weight and dimensions affect how comfortable they are to use with the tool. It will be inconvenient to hold a device with a heavy battery for a long time, which will affect productivity and quality of work performed.
- Additional functionality. The indicator reflects how much energy is left before a complete discharge. Useful to plan working hours. Some manufacturers produce batteries that are compatible with a wide variety of tools: trimmers, screwdrivers, saws, jigsaws.
Checking the battery condition with a multimeter
It will be helpful to determine the reason why the battery is not charging. The procedure will reveal the health of the batteries. Here are some easy-to-implement methods that you can use at home. Prepare the equipment: in addition to the multimeter, you will need tools for disassembling the battery (pliers, soldering iron, screwdriver, knife.
- Check the battery on charging by taking readings at 30 minute intervals. The voltage should rise steadily until fully charged.
- A quick method to check the condition of the battery. We measure U with no load. We compare the result with the real voltage and the number of elements. The indicators differ. the battery has non-working parts that need to be replaced.
Charge the battery before storing?
As with the previous paragraph, it depends on the type, whether it makes sense to charge the battery before storage.
For storage, the lithium-ion battery must be removed with a charge of 50%, periodically (1 time / 1-2 months) removed and recharged.
Maintain charge level at all times, periodically replenish.
How long does it take to charge the battery?
There are two types of chargers:
- Standard. most often used to charge non-professional tools. This kind of device can fill the battery in 2-7 hours.
- Pulse. used to charge a professional screwdriver. This type of device is very convenient to use, because it takes up to 60 minutes to charge the battery.
Some devices have an indicator that allows you to accurately determine the energy status of the battery, which greatly simplifies the charging process. With a device that does not have an indicator, it is necessary to independently monitor the time spent on charging the battery. Typically, the number of hours required for a full charge is indicated in the instructions for use. These data may vary depending on the type of battery and screwdriver, for example, a NKB with a capacity of 1.2 Ah is charged for 7 hours with a current of 250 mA. Consider these to prevent damage to the battery.
The choice can be fatal
Comparative characteristics of alkaline batteries.
In order for the screwdriver to serve for a long time, you need to correctly approach the choice of the tool before purchasing. Exist:
- household or amateur models;
- professional devices.
For the right choice, you need to decide how often the device will be used. If the tool is purchased for professional purposes, it is better not to save on it. As a rule, professional instruments are equipped with two batteries, which makes it possible to work with the instrument without interruption.
In addition, when a battery breaks down, craftsmen collect one of two batteries, which significantly saves the budget and allows you to continue your work for another period of time.
For domestic purposes, an amateur model is quite suitable, and you should not go broke for an improved screwdriver. There are several reasons for this:
- Batteries. For rare use of the tool, one battery is enough, so the second battery will remain unclaimed and, possibly, will simply deteriorate soon.
- Troubles. If there are still two batteries in the kit, then you need to monitor the condition of the second battery and periodically recharge it, and this is unnecessary fuss.
- An amateur screwdriver has the same functions as a professional one, and in this it is absolutely not inferior to it. If the house is being renovated and there is a need for frequent use of the tool, it is quite possible to consider a semi-professional option.
From all of the above, it becomes obvious that the choice can also play a big role in how long the device will last.
Varieties of batteries for a screwdriver
Each type of battery has its own characteristics, knowing which, you can properly charge the screwdriver so that it will serve for a long time.
Electric diagram of the charger for the screwdriver.
- Nickel-cadmium batteries (NKB). This type of battery has compact parameters and large capacity, so they can be recharged more than 1000 times, provided the correct actions are taken. NKB has a memory effect, i.e. if it is charged before full use of the charge occurs, it will reduce the energy capacity of the battery. Before using a new device, it is necessary to charge the battery three times, followed by a complete discharge. The same rule must be observed during long-term storage of the tool, this will allow the incomplete battery capacity to be brought to the required operating condition. And henceforth, the NKB must be charged exclusively when the energy reserve is exhausted, that is, to the point where the device does not function at full strength. This rule must be observed when storing the screwdriver.
- Nickel metal hydride batteries (NMGB). They belong to a new generation of batteries, so the memory effect, in contrast to NKB, is less pronounced, which is an indisputable advantage. But still, the NMGB also has disadvantages. a high self-discharge current. In order for this battery to last a long time, it must be stored in a charged state. If the screwdriver is not used for a month, the batteries must be fully recharged.
- Lithium-ion batteries (LIB). They are rightfully considered the most powerful batteries. They are able to charge quickly and have no memory effect. Charging a screwdriver with this type of battery is not difficult. You do not need to achieve a full charge of the battery, but you can recharge it as needed. However, they are not very popular due to their high cost and intolerance to low temperatures. It is the last criterion that causes a lot of inconvenience. it is necessary to charge the batteries at a temperature of 10-40 ° C. If the battery heats up during charging, you must cool it down to prevent negative impact on their functionality. It must be stored partially charged, separately from the device, no more than 2 years.
The battery is not charging!
Li-ion battery device.
A situation may arise in which the battery cannot be charged:
- Loss of contact due to extension of the terminals in the battery.
- Power supply deterioration.
- Charging fault.
In the first case, you can open the screwdriver yourself and bend all the existing terminals. In other cases, it is better to contact the master.
With prolonged use of the device, its parts wear out. Contamination and oxidation of the contacts leads to a deterioration in the conductivity of the current, which ultimately makes it difficult to charge the battery. Therefore, periodically for a preventive purpose, you can process and clean the contacts from contamination, which will significantly increase the service life of the device.
With strong wear of the tool or improper use of the NKB, there comes a time when the battery cannot be charged due to the loss of energy capacity. In this case, it is necessary to disassemble the battery pack and identify the problem parts. After that, they are charged with a large current. The effect is reinforced by repeated charging with a low current, after which the battery will function for a short time if electrolyte remains in it.
If the battery has worn out and cannot be repaired, then you can try to “reanimate” the battery using a donor battery. Inside each block there is a set of ten elements. “cans”. Each bank has a capacity of 1.2 V. For repair, you need to select the most functional elements from which a new battery is assembled. Ideally, a fully charged battery, when measuring its energy with the device, gives out 12.89-13 V. Therefore, when a new battery is ready, it is necessary to check its power indicator and make sure it is working properly. If the battery is good, it will take a long time to charge and the screwdriver torque will gradually weaken. If it is broken, then the charge is not even enough to screw in ten medium-sized screws. This method is very painstaking and requires certain skills, so do not experiment with it once again.
How to properly charge a screwdriver?
Perhaps no man can do without a screwdriver. This is a tool that allows you to screw in and out self-tapping screws, as well as drill holes. There are devices powered by the mains, and devices that have batteries, which makes them very convenient to use.
Screwdriver device diagram.
For such devices, the battery is a very important part, therefore, for the possibility of long-term operation of the tool, it is necessary to know exactly the answer to the question about charging the screwdriver.
A few helpful tips in the end
A screwdriver is a device that is widely used in everyday life, so you need to remember a few rules, the observance of which can significantly increase the period of operation and get rid of unnecessary repairs of the device:
When storing the device with an NKB, you must first make sure that the battery has been partially discharged. If it becomes necessary to use the tool after a long storage, it must first be prepared as indicated in the paragraph.In case of long-term storage of the battery, for preventive purposes, it must be recharged no more than 1 time per month.
A bit of theory
Most vehicles use lead acid batteries (WET). Their principle of operation is based on the chemical reaction of lead plates with an electrolyte, as a result of which electricity is generated. Over time, sulfation and destruction of the plates inevitably occur, as well as the boiling off of the electrolyte, which reduces the capacity of the battery. And the battery can be discharged at the most inopportune moment.
How to properly charge your car battery
The life hacker explains from which side to approach the discharged battery, as well as what and, most importantly, how to charge it.
It doesn’t matter how the battery sat down: whether you forgot to pay off the dimensions, were too carried away by listening to music in the parking lot, or were leaving for the whole summer on vacation. To charge the battery, you need to have an understanding of the theory and follow a few simple rules.
How to check the battery
The easiest way is to use the built-in charge indicator found on most batteries. This is the same “light bulb”, which is not really a light bulb, but a green ball-float moving in a transparent bulb. With a sufficient level and density of the electrolyte, the ball rises and we see a green indicator. If the float is not visible, you need to check the electrolyte and recharge the battery.
Another option is a multimeter. With it, you can measure the voltage at the terminals and understand whether the battery is discharged or not. A fully charged battery should have 12.6 V or more. 12.42 V corresponds to 80% charge, 12.2 V to 60%, 11.9 V to 40%, 11.58 V to 20%, 10.5 V to 0%.
How to prepare the battery for charging
Having determined that the battery is really discharged, you can start charging, but first you need to prepare.
- It is advisable to remove the battery from the car. If there is no time for this, disconnect it from the on-board network by disconnecting the negative wire.
- After that, you need to clean the terminals from grease and oxide for good contact.
- It will not hurt to wipe the surface of the battery with a dry cloth, or better. soaked in a 10% solution of ammonia or soda ash.
- Also, do not forget to unscrew the plugs on each of the battery cans or remove the plug to ensure free release of electrolyte vapors and prevent excessive pressure inside.
- If the electrolyte level in any of the jars is insufficient, you need to top up with distilled water so that it completely covers the plates.
How to charge the battery
The principle of charging itself is simple: you only need to connect the wires from the charger to the battery terminals in accordance with the polarity and plug the plug into the outlet. However, first you need to decide on the charging method. There are two main methods: constant current charging and constant voltage charging.
The first one is more effective, but it takes place in several stages and requires control. The second is simpler, however, it charges the battery only up to 80%.
There is also the so-called combined method, in which participation on the part of the car owner is minimized. The disadvantage of this method is the need for a special charger with a rather high cost.
Constant voltage charging
Everything is much simpler here. You just need to set the voltage within 14.4-14.5 V and wait. Unlike the first method, with which you can fully charge the battery in a few hours (about 10), charging with constant voltage lasts about a day and allows you to replenish the battery capacity only up to 80%.
- We set the current at 10% of the nominal capacity of the battery and charge until the voltage at the battery terminals rises to 14.3-14.4 V. For example, a 60 Ah battery needs to be charged with a current of no more than 6 A.
- Next, we reduce the current by half (up to 3 A) in order to reduce the intensity of boiling, and continue charging.
- As soon as the voltage rises to 15 V, you need to reduce the current by half again and charge the battery until the voltage and current values stop changing.
What is the optimal amount of time for charging?
The recharging period is usually indicated in the instructions for the device. In most cases, the device has a special indicator that helps you understand how long it takes to charge. After charging is complete, disconnect it to avoid damaging the batteries. The average charge for a screwdriver is between 30 minutes and seven hours. Longest period for Ni-Cd 1.2 V, 250 mA feed approximately seven hours.
There are also two types of battery chargers: ordinary and impulse. Standard charging is most often completed with non-professional tools, the charge lasts about 3-7 hours. The impulse device is designed for professional models and is able to power the battery in a maximum of 1 hour.
Advice: The Interskol screwdriver is distinguished by its versatility, besides the main function, it can also be used as a drill.
Should I charge before long-term storage??
Don’t use a screwdriver battery for a long time? Experts give the following recommendations.
- Nickel-cadmium batteries, before storing, must be discharged to the point where the screwdriver ceases to function at full strength. For long-term storage, it is necessary to carry out 3-5 full circles of charging / discharging.
- Nickel-metal hydride ones are provided with a higher self-discharge value, in contrast to the previous elements. Experts advise keeping them charged, and after a long break, put them on charge for a day. The capacity decreases after 200-300 charge-discharge cycles. Partial discharge allowed for this type.
- Lithium-ion devices are distinguished by the complete absence of the “memory effect”. The battery can be charged whenever you want. It is not recommended to completely discharge them, as a result, you can disable the protective circuit. Equipped with special controllers that shut off the element at high temperatures to prevent overload. You can keep the cell charged only 50%.
How to properly charge a screwdriver
The screwdriver is one of the most sought-after tools used by professionals and amateurs. Using power screwdrivers is not always convenient, especially if you are away from 220 V. With a cordless tool, this problem is solved, you can move freely with it without dragging the cord along.
One of the main elements of any cordless tool is the battery, which ensures autonomous operation. But what is the correct way to charge the battery in order for it to last as long as possible? Further in detail in the article.
In order for the battery to last a long time “like a clock”, you must first familiarize yourself with the instructions attached to the device. It should be noted that screwdrivers differ not only in price, power, manufacturer, but are also divided into professional and semi-professional. Accordingly, batteries will also have different prices, quality and charge capacity. Professional types are equipped with more capacious power supplies, which will cost a level more, but will also last longer than normal ones. Manufacturers use various batteries in the manufacture of their devices, each of which is endowed with certain parameters and features that should be taken into account during recharging. Screwdriver batteries can be classified into the following types:
They are considered the most powerful batteries. They charge quickly enough, and they also have a complete lack of memory effect. Recharging this type of battery is as easy as shelling pears. There is no need to recharge it after a complete discharge, it is allowed to recharge as needed. The high cost and intolerance to low temperatures discourage many people from buying, so they are not too in demand. Charge batteries at temperatures between 10 ° C and 40 ° C. If the battery heats up during charging, it must be cooled to avoid further damage.
Nickel-cadmium battery is endowed with compact dimensions and large capacity. By following the attached instructions, they can be recharged more than 1000 times. There is a memory effect, if you charge it before a full discharge occurs, this can lower energy consumption. Before the first use, you need to charge and discharge the battery at least three times. In the future, it is also recommended to completely discharge and charge the device, this will make it possible to bring the capacity to the required operating state. The same rule applies when storing the instrument.
Nickel Metal Hydride Ni-MH
They belong to the newest generation of batteries, for this reason, the memory effect is somewhat weaker than the previous version, which is an undoubted advantage. The disadvantage of the NMGB is the highest self-discharge current. In order for the battery to function for a long time, it must be kept charged. In case of long-term non-use of the screwdriver (about a month), it must be completely recharged.
As you can see, each rechargeable battery is endowed with characteristic features, taking into account which, it will be possible to properly charge the screwdriver.
Features of charging one type or another
The initial charging of the screwdriver is considered a very significant factor, since it depends on it whether the full capacity of the charge becomes active or not. Any type of battery has its own characteristic features of primary recharging. The process of recharging a nickel-cadmium battery is somewhat complicated. Initially, it needs to be recharged three times in a row, and so that the charge capacity remains full.
It is recommended that the nickel-metal hydride species be completely discharged the first time, and also fully charged. The circle of full charging / discharging is repeated 4-5 times, then you can safely charge and discharge the battery regardless of the capacity of the capacity.
There are no special rules for lithium-ion, the capacity remains unchanged for a long time.
Advice! Do not allow the power supply to overheat over 50 degrees.
What to do if the battery does not charge? (2 videos)
The reason may lie both in wear and tear and in the breakdown of the device. It often happens that the contacts between the terminals of the charger and the battery are broken. Then you can independently disassemble the “charging” and bend the terminals.
As you know, all contacts oxidize and get dirty over time; this is no exception for a screwdriver with a charger. This usually results in a significant reduction in the charging time as well as the duration of the power tool’s activity. To eliminate the oxide, you need to gently wipe the contacts with a special substance or, in extreme cases, with alcohol.
Very often nickel-cadmium batteries lose their capacity, especially when it comes to non-professional models. Experienced users prefer to overclock these batteries. First, the battery pack is disassembled and problem areas are found. Next, they need to be recharged. It is better to immediately use a higher current than it should be, and then discharge it again. If the Ni-Cd still has electrolyte, the procedure can restart the power supply.
And some connoisseurs even use a car charger to recharge the battery.
How to charge your smartphone
It is very important to properly charge your smartphone in order to save it.
I am more than sure that most of you have not even thought about it, doing as you have to. In the end, it’s really hard to believe that such a small thing can affect something. But, as it turned out, there are no trifles in matters of ensuring the safety of electronic devices, and the right way is the first, when first the charger is inserted into the outlet, and only then the smartphone is connected to it. Why? Let’s figure it out.
The reason for this ritual of connecting a smartphone to an outlet, oddly enough, is possible voltage drops. After all, even if you use a certified power supply and cable, this is not a guarantee of salvation from sudden current surges. I think you have witnessed them more than once. The very same buzzing coming from the outlet or surge protector, and there are voltage drops.
How to properly charge your phone
Charging your smartphone has never been considered a particularly difficult procedure. Despite the fact that at one time it was customary to calibrate the battery, this had only an indirect relationship to the charging process itself. And even then it can be difficult? I connected the device to the power supply and wait until it is charged to the required limits. If you want it to be no more than 80%, unplug your smartphone from the outlet early; if you want it to be 100%, you can leave it overnight. But what’s strange is that almost no one knows how to properly connect the device to the charger.
Charging a smartphone is a rather primitive process, but it also needs to be approached wisely.
First, answer yourself a simple question. In what order should the smartphone be charged: first plug the power supply unit into the outlet, and then connect the cable to the device, or first connect the cable to the device, and then insert the power supply unit into the outlet?
Why are voltage drops dangerous?
Power surges are very dangerous for smartphones and their batteries.
In fact, in legal practice, there is no such thing as a “jump” or “drop” of voltage. There are only so-called deviations in the quality of supplied electricity from the requirements of regulatory documents. But, be that as it may, the harm that power surges inflict on electronic devices is not covered by the warranty and is generally not subject to free repair. That is why it is extremely important to follow simple safety precautions.
Subscribe to our channel in Yandex.Zen to read exclusive materials that are not on the site every day.
If you first insert the cable into the charger socket and plug it into a power outlet, and the surge is strong, it may damage the smartphone. It is impossible to track the jumps in advance, because they are impulsive in nature and appear at once, which, however, does not prevent them from harming electronics. over, the degree of damage can be very different. from a decrease in the battery life, which you will not even notice, to physical damage to microcircuits.
A quarter of smartphone owners miss removable batteries. Why?
But what if the jump occurs after the smartphone is plugged into an outlet? In fact, nothing good either. But since the power supply is already connected to the mains, the load will not be as strong. Why is this happening?
Imagine touching an electrified sweater. The moment you touch it, you get an electric shock. However, if you leave your hand on it without tearing it off, you will no longer be electrocuted. The same happens with the connected power supply.
How to charge your smartphone
Use only certified chargers, otherwise you will be in trouble
However, it is wrong to hope that already connected devices are not subject to voltage surges. But, fortunately, you can protect yourself from them:
- Use only original chargers and cables. they have built-in power controllers;
- Connect smartphones to charging only through surge protectors. they neutralize voltage drops;
- Connect the power supply first to the outlet, and then. the cable to the charging hole.
- Use wireless charging if your smartphone supports it. they are the least afraid of power surges.
Why smartphone charging runs out quickly?
In fact, nothing complicated. The main thing is to adhere to these simple rules and the battery and other hardware components of your smartphone will remain intact.
News, articles and publication announcements
Last year, the State Duma passed a law on Russian software, which was supposed to oblige smartphone manufacturers from the factory to install applications from domestic developers. At first, the law did not provide for any indulgences, so everyone was very interested to see how Apple would comply with the requirements. But just recently, the government left Apple the option not to install, but simply to recommend the software. But behind these twists and turns, we completely forgot to think about which applications will be installed on Android.
They say that Apple cares more about its users and makes truly comfortable devices for them. The company’s developers think over everything so pedantic that even a blind person can use an iPhone. Affected by a convenient interface called VoiceOver. With its help, you can control your smartphone using your voice. But few people know that Android has exactly the same system, which, however, can be useful not only for people with visual impairments, but also for everyone else, making management easier.
How to charge any junk screwdriver
They asked me to figure out how to charge the batteries of a screwdriver. I wanted to do 3-channel charging on TP4056, but I have two of them left.
Having studied the question, I realized that you can make it easier. The old charger was assembled as a power supply. The battery has a balancer board. Oh yes, there is no board from the old charger.
How to make a screwdriver charger from what was
There is such a base, of course, without payment.
Initially, I just wanted to install a charging module. Use an external unit as a power supply unit. I have in the amount of the printer power supply board, we use it. How to reconfigure the board can be found here:
I had a board set to 18.7 volts.
The battery will be charged by a module with current and voltage regulation. http://ali.pub/5d4fhh
I set it to 12.6 volts and a current of about 0.5 amperes. The left resistor is the voltage setting, the right resistor is the current setting. Medium resistor. setting of the “charge” LED operation.
There was also a power cord with a clip in the case. I’ll lengthen it a little.
I use a case with a “socket” for a battery.
I soldered the wires to the charging module to the power supply board. I also soldered the network wire. The fuse was on a separate kerchief, it was installed in the gap of the track. In the photo it is black, soldered from the soldering side.
The charging module was fixed with a piece of PVC and an aluminum bracket. Soldered the output wires straight away.
To fix the power supply board, I made PVC fasteners. I made holes and screwed in self-tapping screws.
I screwed the board with fasteners. Holds tight and does not move anywhere. The wire fits neatly into place.
I connect the power supply and the charging module. The current is about 0.5 ampere, no thick wires are needed.
The wire was fixed with a clamp.
Let’s check the operation of the device. When the battery is installed, when the charge is in progress, the blue LED is on.
The red LED indicates the end of the charge. Also lights up red when the device is plugged in.
Such a charge turned out. Before closing, you need to check the tension of the wires. Also check for touching blocks in the case. In principle, this is how you can charge any screwdriver.
Battery level on iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 11, 11 Pro, XS, XR, X as a percentage: how to turn it on. 3 ways
It is very easy to find out the battery charge level on all old iPhone models, just go to “Settings” → “Battery” and enable the “Charge percentage” option.
How to find out the percentage of battery charge on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X using Siri
Call your personal assistant Siri and say, for example, “How much charge does the iPhone have?”, After which you will receive an answer of the iPhone charge percentage.
How to see the percentage of battery charge on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X from Control Center
Touch your finger to the right “ear” at the top of the screen, where the battery indicator is located.
Swipe down to bring up Control Center.
An icon will appear in the upper right corner indicating the battery charge as a percentage.
Swipe up the screen to close Control Center.
Of course, this method takes some time, unlike other iPhones, where the percentages are always visible on the screen.
How to see iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X Battery Percentage on Home Screen
Press and hold your finger on an empty spot on the iPhone home screen.
Click on the appeared button “” in the upper left corner.
Scroll to the bottom of the widget screen and select Batteries.
Select the type of widget display and click Add widget.
Move the widget to the desired location on the screen and tap Done in the upper right corner of the home screen to apply the settings.
Despite the absence of the corresponding option in the “Settings”, you can still find out how much charge remains in percentage.
Is it possible to turn on battery percentage on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X on all screens?
Unfortunately, no. the “ears” in the iPhone equipped with a Face ID scanner do not leave room for displaying percentages. Many other arguments can be given, but this will not change the fact that people are used to always seeing the battery level as a percentage on their screen, at least optionally. The lack of such an opportunity causes discomfort for many iPhone owners.