How To Charge Fishing Line Into A Stihl Trimmer Coil
Guaranteed production of a factory trimmer refill will inevitably require replacing the fishing line. Having a very rough idea of how to fill the fishing line into the reel of the trimmer yourself, beginners are reluctant to take up this matter. However, with some skills, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will facilitate this process as much as possible.
First of all, for winding fishing line it is required to remove the reel (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. Specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working arrangement of the engine and the coil in the lower part, as a rule, have side keys on both sides of the bobbin. By pressing them simultaneously, the upper part of the reel, together with the internal contents for winding the fishing line, is disconnected, while the lower one remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on an even smooth place so that the spring included in the design does not pop out and is not lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved rod without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have coils with a special wing: in such designs, you should hold the spool in one position with one hand and rotate the locking reel on the wing nut with the other counterclockwise. After disconnecting the nut, the entire reel is removed.
- Electric and petrol trimmers with the possibility of installing a knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. For the motion of the rod to be stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and with a slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body scrolls clockwise (with the left thread) and is removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in various ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is twisted, in coils with latches, latches-clamps are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the spool are threaded, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
We carry out winding fishing line
Slowly completed disassembling the spool reel without losing its spare parts allows you to go to the main task. Winding fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the design of the spool and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with one working antenna
The simplest option and a simple sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended fishing line length for winding. 2 5 m.
- One end of the fishing line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the reverse direction of rotation of the spool on the trimmer product. As a rule, on the inner side of the bobbin an arrow indicates which direction the winding is going.
- A small section of fishing line is left free to bring it out. It is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the reel, designed to hold the winding when assembling the spool in working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole on the outside of the bobbin.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the bar of the trimmer.
Coil with two working antennae
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding fishing line lying on the inside of the reel:
- One groove. Both antennae are wound together along one groove;
- Two grooves. Each antennae is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a 2-3-meter-long fishing line is taken. In single-groove reels, the fishing line is pulled into the through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the side of the bar. The correct direction of winding is usually indicated inside the arrow. In the presence of fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded into them or held by the fingers of their free hands, threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the spool is closed and attached to the bar of the trimmer.
The difference between winding fishing line in two-groove reels is that initially a piece of fishing line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle bend), and the bend loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each in its own groove, the fixation of the antennae and the reel assembly are similar to the one-groove variant discussed above.
The first implementation of this procedure may seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The below will clearly show how to put the fishing line into the reel of the trimmer and wrap it correctly. This operation is not difficult and with some patience will certainly succeed:
Automatic reeling of fishing line
There is a variety of coils in which the automatic mechanism makes winding on its own. From the user it is enough just to properly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through the hole on the inside of the case, its antennae without winding is passed through the hole on the external case, the spool is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the line inside is wound up independently. In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding incorrectly: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
Many summer residents use a trimmer, a scythe with an electric or gasoline engine, to control weeds. It is convenient when working in places inaccessible to the lawn mower: at fences, flower beds, houses, in the garden on narrow aisles, and can cut small branches. The main element of this wonderful technique is an ordinary fishing line wound on a reel. The device is simple, but the cutting part wears out quickly, requires replacement. And the question of how to fill the line in the trimmer worries many owners of cottages.
Briefly about the fishing line
Depending on the models of the tool, the thickness of the fishing line is 1.2-4 mm. There are such configurations:
- Round. The most durable;
- Curly. For soft grass;
- Twisted or notched. For thin grass;
- Professional, not suitable for all instrument models.
When replacing the cutting thread, you need to choose the one that suits your type of trimmer. Preference should be given to specialized. Before filling the fishing line into the trimmer coil, it is better to soak it for half an hour in water. Then it will become more elastic and stronger.
How to quickly remove a coil from a tool
Before the thread is wound on a bobbin, it must be removed. Over, the removal methods depend on the features of the tool. On trimmers with a motor near the ground, the spool has two side buttons, when pressed, a part of the housing is separated along with a thread winder.
On instruments with a bent rod, the lamb on the fixture is moved counterclockwise; having disconnected it, they remove both the bobbin and the spring inside it. On trimmers with a straight bar, fix it with a screwdriver, rotate clockwise and remove. Then the device is disassembled either using latches, or by moving its parts in different directions. The spring is taken out of the coil.
Refueling the fishing line with a trimmer
The main question is how to wrap the fishing line on the trimmer coil, fixing it securely there?
In the case of a device with one antennae, unwind up to four meters of fishing line, insert into the hole inside it, fixing the fishing line, one end of it and move in the direction indicated by the arrow. The edge of the thread is fixed in the groove inside the bobbin so that when it is assembled, it does not unwind. If there is no groove, then this free end is fixed with a finger. Then the coil is assembled.
How to refill the trimmer coil if it has two antennae? In this case, check how many grooves are on it. One or two. In the first case, both antennae are sent to the common groove, if there are two of them, then each of them. In its own. 2-4 meters of thread are passed through the hole so that the free edges of the thread are the same length, and twist the bobbin in the direction of the arrow. The ends of the thread are inserted into the grooves or held with a finger, assemble the device and attach to the trimmer.
In a spool with two grooves, the same piece of thread is folded in the form of a loop, sent to the groove between them and the ends are wound simultaneously. Then repeat the previous assembly. With semi-automatic winding, the bobbins act as follows. The fishing line is passed through the hole inside, its ends are fixed in the holes on the body, collect it and press the button. In this case, the thread is easily wound in the right direction.
It is important to remember that the cutting surface must be protected from solid objects so that it does not wear out. Otherwise, it will be necessary to constantly stop and, having removed the bobbin, replace the spent fishing line. Let your work be not tiring and bring joy!
Watch the: How to lock a fishing line into a trimmer