How To Check The Oil Level In The Tiller
Changing the oil in the tiller: what and how much to fill in the gearbox
How the tiller gearbox works, what kind of oil you need to fill in its characteristics and prices, how and how much to fill it, as well as detailed instructions.
How much to fill?
Another important point is the amount of oil required. Before answering the question. How much oil needs to be poured into the tiller gearbox, for example, Crossser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don, Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver you need to first check oil level in the gearbox. To do this, you need to perform certain actions:
- It is necessary to place the tiller on a flat surface so that its wings are strictly parallel to this surface.
- We take a wire or rod about 70 cm long, which will act as an oil dipstick.
- We bend the improvised probe into an arc.
- We insert the resulting probe into the filler hole to the very end, i.E. All the way. After that we take it back out.
If the gearbox is dry at all, then at least two liters of transmission oil will be needed.
How to fill oil in a tiller gearbox
Before pouring new oil into the gearbox, you must drain old fluid. It is in this way that the oil in the gearbox of the Salute tiller, which can be found on the Internet, as well as other tiller models, is changed.
The algorithm of actions, in this case, will be as follows:
- The tiller must be installed on some hill so that the oil can be easily drained from the gearbox.
- There are two plugs on the gearbox. A drain plug, which is located at the bottom of the gearbox, and a plug that closes the oil filling hole. We first unscrew the filler plug, which is located on top of the tiller body (at the checkpoint).
- We take a sufficiently capacious container (an old bottle of transmission oil is suitable), after which we substitute it under the drain plug of the gearbox.
- Carefully unscrew the drain plug, after which the oil will begin to flow into our container. After waiting for the oil to drain completely, screw the drain plug back. Then we tighten with a spanner wrench of a suitable diameter until it stops.
- We insert the funnel into the filling hole. Then we take a suitable gear oil to fill the gearbox.
- Having filled the reducer to the optimal level, we screw the plug back. This plug is equipped with a special dipstick, and its length is about 10 cm. After we have filled in the oil, we need to check its level. To do this, we twist this plug-probe, after which we unscrew it again and check.
- If oil is at the tip of this dipstick, then no more need to top up.
As a rule, the oil change procedure should be performed every 100 hours of tiller operation. In some cases, this procedure must be performed every 50 hours.
In other words, the frequency of oil change depends on the model of the tiller, therefore all the necessary information is in the accompanying documentation for the tiller.
The reducer is a special device, included in the design of any tiller. It is this part that is responsible for converting and transmitting the torque that is generated from mechanical transmissions. In fact, the gearbox drives the tiller, making it work.
The service life of the whole tiller, as well as its normal functioning, will depend on its quality, as well as on the correct lubrication of its components.
For more information about the reducer, see:
Depending on the model of the tiller, be it a Cayman, Patriot Ural, Patriot, Texas, Foreman or any other, the gearboxes may differ in some design features. Conditionally, gearboxes can be divided into several types:
- Angle reducers. Such units are quite effective, they allow you to dock the engine and transmission.
- Gear reducers. In this case, the gearbox transmission acts as a kind of intermediary between the engine and the wheelbase of the tiller.
- Reducing gears. These units achieve an increase in power indicators, reducing the total number of revolutions. Such gearboxes are the most preferable because they have an air cooling system in their design, allowing them to work at maximum loads.
- Reverse gearboxes. The main advantage of such gearboxes is the ability to reverse the tiller. However, the units equipped with this type of gearbox do not show high performance and speed.
Regardless of which gearbox is used in the tiller design, all of them consist of practically the same components:
- Gear case;
- Flange and its fastening;
- A pulley with a V-belt transmission (or chain);
- Ball bearing;
- Drain plug;
- Steel washer and nut;
- Input shaft.
These components traditionally form the gear unit itself. On how good they will be are lubricated, their performance will depend and service life.
Otherwise, with insufficient lubrication, the parts will wear out a lot, because they come into contact with each other during operation, and the resulting friction negatively affects their surface.
2 Which Tiller to Choose: Diesel or Gasoline?
Diesel powered units are designed mainly for work on large areas of land. This type of engine is capable of generating high tractive effort due to operation at low rpm. They are designed for a much larger amount of resources than gasoline.
Therefore, their work can be carried out for much longer without stopping. Do not often let the diesel engine idle, because this leads to its breakdown. Sometimes it is necessary to load the unit at full capacity for 3-4 hours. This will extend the life of the tiller.
The main advantages of a diesel tiller:
- Convenient maintenance and operation, as there are no candles and magneto, as well as no carburetor, which has to be constantly adjusted.
- Maximum grip due to its heavy weight.
- Cooling is possible either with air or water. Gasoline engines lack this variety.
- The take-off run in fuel consumption can vary from 2 to 5 liters per 100 km, based on the power of the unit.
- Engine operation is ensured by stable rpm due to increased tractive effort.
The price can scare off when buying a diesel tiller. But it is worth considering that it consumes less fuel than gasoline, and diesel is cheaper than gasoline. Such an acquisition pays off over time.
1 Functions of engine oil
Each technique, including tillers, comes with a passport and instructions for sale. Manufacturers always recommend in the instructions those types of oil that will allow the technique to last a long time and not break.
You need to know that during the operation of the tiller, engine oil performs 4 functions at once:
Wide range of tiller oils
When the air-cooled chiller engine is running, the lubricant will burn and remain on the hot cylinder, resulting in a smoky exhaust. Deposition of resinous substances dramatically affects the contamination of some parts and their lubrication becomes more difficult.
It is recommended to use antioxidant agents with oil, which clean the engine from dirty deposits. Correctly selected oil for the tiller according to the SAE classification is the key to the durability of the equipment.
For example, when using grease of SAE 10W30 type at a temperature of 5 ° C and higher, its consumption will be much higher and there will be a high probability of engine breakdown. It is undesirable to pour summer lubricants at air temperatures below 5 ° C. Such use leads to difficult starting of the engine and damage to the cylinder bore.To the menu
1.1 Classification of oil grades by viscosity
The viscosity grade of engine oil grades is generally classified according to SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers).
High-quality flushing oil MPA. 2
- Summer grades. Oils belonging to this category are used in summer, have a high viscosity and do not have a letter designation. These include: SAE 20, 30, 40, 50, 60.
- Winter grades. These oils are used in winter and have a low viscosity. The lettering of this variety is W (Winter). These include: SAE 0W, 5W, 10W, 15W, 20W, 25W.
- All-season varieties are currently the most popular, as they are used both in summer and winter. They are designated by a double combination: 5W-30, 10W-40.
In addition to seasonal differences in lubricants, they are divided into two types according to their composition:
|Differences in chemical and physical characteristics of oils of different types for 4-stroke engines|
|Alkaline number, mg||5.5-10||5.10||5.5-10|
|Pour point, ° С||-15||-thirty||-40|
All oils are also divided into lubricants for both 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines. Tillers are usually fitted with 4-stroke air-cooled engines. Such engines only need to be filled with 4-stroke oil.
Checking the oil level with the dipstick in the oil filler hole
An air-cooled engine runs more heat than a water-cooled engine under the same operating conditions. Therefore, the filling liquid must have low volatility and high thermal-oxidative stability. Also modern oils must have environmental safety, those. The amount of smoke and toxicity of exhaust gases is controlled.
Since waste is often simply burned in boilers or steam generators, it should not contain components that form toxic compounds when burned. In a motor cultivator that runs on gasoline and does not have instructions, it is better to pour 4-stroke oil of the 5W30 or SAE30 brand.
In winter, winter or gear oil, such as 0W40, is preferable. But this quality comes at a price. It is not worth saving on this, because high-quality oil affects less engine wear and on its durability.To the menu
Like any other product that is used for the normal maintenance of machinery, oil can cause malfunctions. Let’s consider the most common problems that arise with the lubricant for the engine and transmission.
Automotive oil versus special
The oil itself is it is natural material, which is enriched with the necessary additives to add the required properties: viscosity, high protection. Therefore, the brand of oil for the tiller matters.
But, over time, for various purposes and parts of machines, various oils began to be used, which differ in their characteristics, have their own characteristics. So, for example, the question of whether it is possible to pour car oil into the tiller is sharply discussed.
Snowmobiles are an indispensable form of personal transport in the northern regions. Yamaha snowmobiles are real Japanese quality for the harsh Russian winter.
The purchase of a garden sprayer will be a suitable unit for supplying plants with water. The sprayer Morolex will be the perfect solution for your garden.
Some believe that it is better to use the recommended products for this type of technology, and some argue that automobile oils are suitable if they match in terms of viscosity. It’s up to you, but we recommend choosing, nevertheless, specialized oils. This is our answer to the question of what kind of oil can be poured into the tiller.
Tiller oil. The key to correct and safe operation
Tiller, definitely is one of the most widely used techniques to care for your site.
With the help of this unit, you can perform a huge number of different types of work, because this technique can be easily used both for plowing, weeding and watering, and for moving around the site, collecting vegetables and fruits.
In a word, the technique is really great and simply irreplaceable for everyone who wants everything on his site to be just perfect.