How to choose a single-axle tractor or cultivator. Key Features
Which is better: a single-axle tractor or a power tiller?
Today, more and more farmers are thinking about how to improve the efficiency of their own work. Some try to grow higher cost crops, others contemplate full or at least partial automation. One good way to automate labor on the ground. buying quality farm equipment.
YOU CROSSED THE LINE
It is rather expensive to buy a tractor for a small area. And it does not make much sense: the equipment is expensive and is unlikely to pay back. The cost of maintaining it will be much higher than the income from the land. But to buy a single-axle tractor or motocultivator is a great solution for a small farm. This type of equipment allows you to automate most manual tasks, but avoid buying bulky and expensive equipment.
However, many owners ask fair questions: what is better for the plot. a single-axle tractor or a cultivator? What is the difference between cultivator and power tiller?? What kind of equipment is better for certain tasks? Today we will try to answer these and other popular questions.
Main differences between a Moto-block and a power tiller
What are the main differences between MOTOBLOCK and MOTOCULTIVATORS?? And how to choose a helper? At the end of this article, I’ll share with you one easy way. How to distinguish a single axle tractor from a power tiller.
But at the outset, I would like to tell you about the biggest misconception that buyers have. “if the device are rubber wheels, then this is a single-axle tractor”. That’s not true at all. To sell the product better, many manufacturers (mostly from China) simply install rubber wheels on the power tiller and try to sell it at the price of a power tiller. And there are on sale and power tillers, which are standardly sold without rubber wheels, t.к. they are not necessary for all users. And how then distinguish, if not by the wheels? Let’s look into it.
Before we talk about the differences between a power tiller and a power tiller, let’s dwell on the definitions. Let’s take the definition from the GOST. GOST is valid and quite recent. It’s highly recommended that you download it. It will help you a lot in making your choice.
A single-axle tractor is a single-axle small tractor, in which traction is achieved by clutching the drive wheels to the ground and is designed to drive interchangeable mounted and trailed machines and implements and single-axle trailers. Designed to perform work in crop production on small plots, plots, terraces, orchards, farms, parks and public utilities.
Power tiller. tillage machine with power supplied rotating operating element (tiller) with or without drive of driving wheels, which is controlled by walking by operator. Designed to reduce manual labor costs and mechanize labor-intensive operations and individual processes.
And so the main difference results from the definitions. a power tiller is intended only for certain processes, namely. loosening the soil and preplanting preparation, and power tillers can do the same, but in addition to these works, they can also clean the area, remove snow, mow, transport a variety of cargo, etc.д.
If you decide to opt for a power tiller, you need to be able to distinguish it from a power tiller. From the different purposes arise some technical solutions that visually allow you to distinguish a single-axle tractor from a power tiller. Next, the 3 main differences
Speed motoblock. Your power tiller must have at least 2 forward speeds so it can run on mills and with attachments. Warning! This is a prerequisite, but not enough. Because there are many cultivators with 2 or more speeds. It is important that the power tiller’s working speed should not exceed 4 km/h (slow walking pace) in first gear and at full throttle. But ideally, the speed should be less than 3 km/h to effectively mow, clear snow, sweep, etc.д. A single axle tractor is slow and the attachment has time to perform its function. Otherwise it just runs and the hitch has no time to work. How to understand it? See manual, technical description. See the videos on the websites, and most importantly, ask the store to show you how it travels. Otherwise you risk to buy a cultivator on wheels, which will not perform its tasks well.
Ability to attach implements. Your power tiller has an engine power takeoff system. A pulley or shaft that allows you to transfer the rotation from the engine to the active attachment. Attention! This is a must, but not enough. Often the walking tractor has a shaft with an attachment, a pulley to install a belt, but it is impossible to install anything there. Sometimes there is no equipment for the same size as on a walking tractor. Even before buying, make a list of the tasks you need to solve and therefore the equipment you may need. Look for this equipment right away and make sure it fits and works with your chosen power tiller, and that it is available for purchase and in stock. Ideally, you should choose a single-axle tractor and attachment from the same manufacturer. Well, if you can not install anything on the product you choose, then we are again a cultivator.
Gearbox. A single axle tractor experiences higher loads than a cultivator works with passive mounted implements (plows, dipsticks, etc.).д.) and the gearbox must be able to support these loads. Visually, you can tell by the width of the box itself. Axes, where bearings are installed, should be widely spaced, so it can easily withstand radial loads.
If you understand that you are not going to work with active implements but you have to work with plows, ridgers, potato weeders you have to pay attention to this point. Cultivators that can do this must also have a reinforced gearbox. Be sure to watch the video about gearboxes on motor blocks and power tillers on our channel.
And now the promised method which will help you to understand that it is a single axle tractor or a power tiller. Ask the store to show you the product’s ECAC certificate of quality. A power tiller will have a number in the HS code of the Customs Union. 8701100000, and a power tiller has the code. 8432291000.
I think that thanks to the information you received, you will be able to decide what to choose. A single axle tractor or a motor cultivator. And you can read about how to choose one or another machine so that it would work comfortably, would complete all tasks and serve you for a long time in our other articles.
To make the right choice and understand what is better to buy. To make the right choice and understand if it is better to buy a tractor or a single axle tractor, let us discuss the three most common mistakes made when choosing a tractor.
What is better a cultivator or a single axle tractor?
To answer this question, it is important to understand how to choose and use a cultivator or a single axle tractor correctly. To do this, it is worth well to study your own site and assess for what tasks you want to buy a motocultivator or a mini-tractor.
The area of the land plot. The bigger it is, the more productive machine you will need. In this case, it is better to give preference to mini-tractors (especially when it comes to work on a farm or on a collective farm). For small garden plots a motor cultivator will be enough. Soil quality. Clay and dense soils, turf and abandoned areas are better handled with a power tiller. It requires less effort from you, as the cleated wheels and the active tiller can handle even the toughest of soils. For an already cultivated area and soft, airy soils, a cultivator is a good choice. Frequency of use. The more often you use your machine, the more quickly your choice will earn back its purchase price. So when focusing on payback, choose the right cultivator or single-axle tractor. the difference seems obvious. Plenty of room for storage. If you don’t have a hangar, a warehouse or a garage, is it worth buying a single axle tractor with nowhere to put it?? In this case, a massive mini-tractor will simply rot in the fall and winter outside, while a cultivator will suffice and a small corner in the barn or hallway. Availability of spare parts or additional elements. To ensure that the equipment is always in good working order, it must be timely taken care of. And if spare parts are unavailable or their selection is limited, your single axle tractor or cultivator simply won’t work. Physical capabilities of the operator. Some machines are not only difficult to handle, but also heavy in themselves. Try to choose a power tiller or single axle tractor taking into account your physical capabilities, so you can just lift and move it yourself. Source
What to choose?
Choose a single-axle tractor or cultivator after carefully examining your site and operating conditions.
You need to rely on the following criteria:
- the quality of the soil. Heavy, dry, clayey, stale, virgin soil is best entrusted to a power tiller. Light soil with an airy texture can be given to the cultivator;
- lot size. Up to 10 acres, no need for a power tiller in greenhouses and greenhouses. Large dachas it will already be necessary;
- necessary functions. If you need harvesting, deep plowing, carrying loads, mowing grass, a simple cultivator is out of the question;
- Complexity, ability and age of the user. The elderly, physically unprepared people and teenagers would find it difficult to operate a heavy single-axle tractor. It will also be difficult in case of communicating with the equipment “by heart. Cultivator as accessible as possible on this parameter;
- Frequency of use and availability of storage space. It is unlikely there is a reason to buy an expensive bulky single-axle tractor if the cottage is very small, without additional buildings and visited a couple of times a year;
- availability of spare parts on sale. Before buying, it is better to study how realistic it is to buy consumables and make repairs in a particular region. Difficulties with maintenance often make the most advanced equipment completely useless.
To summarize, we can say that a single-axle tractor is much more relevant to the average or large agricultural plot, commercial farming, farming in a large family, with a permanent residence on private property. A modest dacha with a few seedbeds high efficiency is rarely needed, so it is quite enough cultivator with the right power.
For dozens and hundreds of acres with infrequent tillage, it may be unprofitable to purchase equipment at all. A single plowing of a field will be cheaper if you hire, for example, a tractor.
In general, the choice depends on the personal preferences of each person, his financial capabilities and wishes
A single axle tractor and a cultivator: what is the difference and which is better??
Garden equipment. a reliable assistant in the cultivation and processing of land, but it must be chosen correctly. And this article will be useful for those who want to understand the difference between a single-axle tractor and a cultivator.
Let’s consider both of these devices, compare their and characteristics, as well as the areas of application and principle of work.
The main differences between power tillers and cultivators
What is better to buy for dacha. a single axle tractor or a cultivator? It all depends on your budget and the tasks you will have to perform the garden equipment. If you need an assistant in the arable field, the power tiller will perfectly cope with the task. Designed exclusively for digging and loosening, it completely replaces heavy physical work and saves time on agricultural work by at least 2-3 times. It works only under its own weight, so it cannot always dig deep and qualitatively dig or loosen the ground.
A single-axle tractor, capable of absolutely the same tasks on the site, will help in automating a dozen other jobs. Often called a mini-tractor, it has a power shaft in its design. It is a special loop to connect additional attachments. It turns a single-axle tractor into a universal helper. Such a machine is already able to work as a pump, woodchopper, lawnmower and even a snowblower.
Is it possible to tell the difference between a power tiller and a garden cultivator just by looking at the tool?? Of course, the devices look absolutely different. Cultivator is more compact and lightweight, weighing up to 70 kg on average, has no full-fledged wheels, as it plunges into the soil to the maximum and at the expense of torque makes plowing or loosening. The mini-tractors are available either with a gasoline engine or an electric motor. No additional attachments for this kind of equipment.
Single-axle tractor. a professional machine with a diesel or gasoline engine for all types of work in the garden. Perfectly suited to work on fields of up to several hectares. Powerful pneumatic wheels and considerable weight up to 300 kg make the mini-tractor indispensable in agriculture. In addition, the machine allows digging up to a depth of 28 cm.
On a single-axle tractor, you can always install additional equipment. cutters of various types, dip heads and plows, mowers, devices for planting and harvesting potatoes, pumps, snow blades and even brushes for cleaning garden paths and paving tiles. In other words, the difference between a power tiller and a cultivator is in its versatility. the choice of a mini-tractor will help to get all types of garden equipment in one. Simply connect a variety of attachments.
As mentioned above, if you need equipment that can do more than just dig and loosen, buy a single-axle tractor. than a dozen different tasks can be performed with just one machine: you only need to connect the optional.equipment to the loop and “swap” the potato planter for an edger, lawn mower, or cart for transporting gardening equipment. Hence, the main functions of a power tiller include:
- plowing. preparing the ground for planting crops;
- Harrowing. leveling and simultaneous loosening before sowing grain;
- furrowing. cutting furrows on a prepared piece of land;
- Cultivation. loosening, removing weeds and leveling the soil when working in an already planted area or preparing fields or ridges for planting;
- planting and harvesting;
- work as a pump when pumping water;
- grass mowing;
- cleaning the territory from old leaves and garbage;
- snow removal in winter.
One more essential difference of mini-tractors is an active cutter. Motor cultivators do not have such, so both their actions and efficiency are somewhat limited. The power tillers, on the other hand, have advantages in the work associated with the active cutter. This is the part of the equipment that is in no way connected to the operation of the wheels and is used to connect attachments.
The difference between the motoblock and cultivator is not only in the external device of the technique: there are significant differences in the motors installed on them. So cultivators are mainly powered by electric or gasoline engines. They are less powerful and lighter, and are reliable and lightweight, which is very important for ordinary gardeners.
Minitractors are equipped with reliable power units, fuel which is suitable for gasoline or diesel. over, diesel power tillers are more popular among small farms and collective farms, because it turns the multifunctional machine into a complete harvester to work in the field.
Power of garden equipment
Another way to assess how a single-axle tractor differs from a cultivator and a power tiller. compare capacities. It is measured in horsepower or watts and is directly related to the weight and size of the power tiller or mini-tractor. The average power of a cultivator can be about 1-2 liters.с., And for a power tiller this value will increase to 7 and more.
What’s the difference between a cultivator and a power tiller in terms of weight? It may be a few kilograms, or it may differ in times. It all depends on the equipment you choose. So, mini-tractors for professional fieldwork can reach a weight of 200-300kg and look like a full-fledged machine. A small motocultivator for dacha can easily fit in the trunk or the back seat of a passenger car at a weight of 12-15 kg.
Everybody, who chooses agricultural machinery, wonders what is better. a power tiller or a single-axle tractor. But it is better to make this comparison, focusing on the operating parameters of machines.
- dead weight. Cultivator works solely under its own weight, while mini-tractors are often driven with the obligatory additional load.
- Wheels. Engine blocks are wheeled machines, and the wheels are installed with pneumatic tires. This makes power tillers more maneuverable even on soft soils and allows additional tillage. Wheels in power tillers are available only for transportation, because during the work on the ground the cutters are mounted on the wheel axle.
- Active tiller. It is present only in power tillers and allows to extend their functionality significantly. Makes it possible to connect an additional.equipment and organize its work independently from the rotation of wheel axles.
- TRANSMISSION. For cultivators, the gearbox has only one forward speed, while a power tiller has at least 2 forward and one reverse gear.
- Additional equipment. It is sold only for mini-tractors and allows you to turn them from one kind of equipment into several useful and important machines for tillage, harvesting, mowing grass or removing trash and snow.
- Digging depth. Here’s how a cultivator differs from a power tiller. The tool does not reach far enough under its own weight. A mini-tractor can dig and loosen soil to a depth of 28 cm.
Engine blocks: which one is better, price reviews
As already mentioned, power tillers are designed for large areas, cope with the development of virgin. The basic parameters are the same: type of engine (gasoline or diesel), type of drive, power, number of speeds. There are also specific, typical of this equipment.
When working with power tillers, physical effort is needed to hold in the desired position
Another thing you should pay attention to is the number of attachments that can be used with this machine. But it should be clarified with the salespeople, as in the technical specifications such “trifles” are not written.
Best models by review
The list is compiled on the basis of owners’ feedback. The rating includes power tillers of different classes, but their evaluation is not lower than “4” points out of five.
- CAIMAN VARIO 70S TWK. Single-axle tractor of light class, equipped with a Subaru-Robin gasoline engine for 7 horsepower. Working depth up to 32 cm. Cited reliability and stability of the unit, the ability to use for plowing virgin lands, transportation of goods. French assembly, price around 1000.
- KaDVI Oka MB-1D1M10. A medium single-axle tractor with a Lifan 168F-2A engine with 6 horsepower. Manual gearbox, 2 forward speeds, 2 reverse. A chain reducer with belt drive. The vehicle performs well in the field, but shifts a little bit tightly, oil leakage was noted. By review. 4. Price. 470. KaDvy Oka MB-1D1M10 single axle tractor has good reviews
- Neva MB-23B-8.0. mid-range single-axle tractor. Briggs and Stratton 8-horsepower gasoline engine. Manual gearbox, 4 forward speeds, 2 reverse, geared gearbox. The disadvantages are tight gear shifting and lack of electric starter. Otherwise, the work is fine. Price. 880.
- Salut 100-6,5. Light class, the engine Lifan 168F-2B with 6.53 horsepower. Manual transmission with two forward speeds and one speed backward. The reviews note good “tractability”, easy start, confident maneuverability. Price 500.
These are not all motor blocks and power tillers. Only the ones that caught my eye, and which had good reviews.
Popular models of power tillers and cultivators
If we talk about consumer preferences, the models that have proven themselves over the years are in demand. The top selling modifications include the following equipment:
Shtenli 1900 Pro-series single-axle tractor with 18 l of power.с.
The world manufacturer Shtenli (Germany) offers a universal model with a set of attachments with working width of 990 or 1100 mm and depth from 150 to 300 mm. It is an effective helper for all occasions, will come in handy for spring field work, ploughing, cleaning vegetables, clearing paths of snow. 4-stroke engine “eats up to 1,5 l/h, there are 3 speed-up and 1 downshift gear.
Pro-series models include:
7×12-inch rubber wheels with SD tread are stable on all types of soil. The mass of the power tiller is 175 kg, the dimensions are 1.9 x 1.4 x 0.9 m.
Shtenli 1030 single axle tractor
German manufacturers have developed a unit of medium power for owners of compact homestead plots. Model on 15×60 cm wheels is equipped with economical internal combustion engine (modification GX260). Engine specifications:
Width of tillage of the milling machine 900-1100 mm, depth. 150 or 300 mm. Assembly of the plough, plough, harrow, ridger, potato planter and digger, snowplow, cart with a capacity of up to 500 kg is provided. The power tiller has a long service life, teenagers, women with little physical training can easily handle it., Height of steering wheel is adjustable.
The gear drive has two forward and one reverse gear, the engine has a clever gas release system. Oil level sensor eliminates unexpected refueling stops. Uniform idle speed with electronic frequency limiter.
Motor cultivator Shtenli 900
The newest model weighing 92 kg with HM170F four-stroke engine with an output of 8 l.с. Tiller takes up little space, overall dimensions: 1.4 x 0.8 x 1 m. Engine can hold 250 cc of gasoline, fuel consumption is less than 1.2 l/h. Belt drive type, 4×8 inch rubber pneumatic tires. The model can cope with cultivation, harrowing of the soil, it is possible to carry out inter-row cultivation of the plants. Stable in operation, the tiller can be used as a tractor if necessary. Easy start system, vibration damping. Cutter bar is covered with a blade guard for improved working comfort at a ploughing depth of up to 300 mm, working width of 900 mm. Frame mounting is universal, it is possible to complete the tractor with additional equipment for grass mowing and snow removal. 6-liter tank designed for continuous operation. Inverter enables quick direction changes, handles are height adjustable.
BELARUS 09H-02 single-axle tractor with Weima engine
The model of the Minsk tractor plant (made by Smargon AZ) is chosen by owners of large plots, farmers, utilities. Overcomes dozens of kilometers a single-axle tractor with a gasoline engine:
Rubber pneumatic tires with weights. 6×12 inches, SD tread. There is a power take-off shaft, which provides attachment of various attachments:
Machine weight 170 kg, dimensions 1,8×0,8×1 m, the main advantages: large agricultural clearance within 30 cm, trailer capacity up to 650 kg, increased traction power.
10 HIDDEN FEATURES ON YOUR TRACTOR!
BELARUS 09H single-axle tractor
One more reliable model of Minsk transport plant with the engine Honda 177F, power of 9 liters. с. Smargonsky AZ produces an improved version of Belarus-05 model. It is a reliable helper for farmers, gardeners and vegetable growers, who grow a lot of crops. The machine is equipped with a power take-off shaft designed to work with attachments designed for:
- for leveling the soil surface;
- plowing, harrowing, cultivating the soil;
- Seed seeding during planting;
- making furrows for planting potatoes and seedlings of other vegetable crops;
- germinating and harvesting crops;
- removing weeds in between the rows during the vegetation period of plants;
- root crop harvesting;
- grass harvesting.
The equipment is purchased by small construction companies engaged in the construction of low-rise houses and buildings, housing and communal sector companies for snow removal, lawn and park area trimming.
Special vehicles operate over a wide temperature range from.25 to 60°C, size of pneumatic wheels 6×12 inches, number of gears 6 (4 front, 2 rear), gear drive type.
What kind of power tillers there are?
These agricultural machines are usually classified by the type of engine. gasoline engine or diesel, by power. low-powered (less than five to six liters.с.), medium horsepower (from five l.с. up to eight or nine liters.с.) and high-powered (over nine liters.с.). The weight of the machine is important. According to this parameter, power tillers and cultivators are divided into four classes.
- Ultra lightweight. Only power tillers. They do not weigh more than 30 kg., Engine power, as a rule, is not more than three liters.с. Usually equipped with inefficient two-stroke motors with a short service life. Width of working width is normally less than 0.4 m. Such agricultural machines are designed to operate on very small plots of land with already cultivated soil As cultivators, and motor blocks weighing from thirty to sixty. seventy pounds and engine power of up to five horsepower. Economy and long-life air-cooled four-stroke gasoline engine. The maximum width of the working strip is less than one meter, the depth of cultivation is no more than 0,2-0,25 m. Because of their low weight and low power, they are almost never used in combination with a mouldboard plow. Designed for farms with cultivated areas between seven and eight hectares. Not good for cultivating virgin land. Also, they are not recommended for use on heavy loamy soils Motoblokov weighing from seventy to one hundred and ten. one hundred and twenty pounds with a four-stroke gasoline engine or diesel, air-cooled power of six to nine horsepower. These farm machines usually have a multi-speed gearbox, there are several speeds, at least two forward and one reverse, the best models have a PTO and a differential. Working width 0.9 m. and more, maximum cultivation depth not less than 0.3 m. Such agricultural aggregates are purchased for processing agricultural land up to two hectares with cultivated soil of all types, including loams, but to work in virgin soil is recommended to choose only heavy power tillers Their mass far exceeds one hundred and ten. one hundred and twenty kilograms, superheavy agricultural aggregates can have a mass of three hundred kilograms or more. Working width from 125 cm. Highly economical four-stroke diesel or four-stroke gasoline engine in the heaviest models may be water-cooled, and its power can exceed 15 liters.с. There is almost always a PTO, a differential and a multi-speed gearbox. Heavy power tillers are designed for owners of small farms with a plot size of more than two hectares.
Top 3 mistakes when choosing a power tiller or power tiller
This is wrong. It is necessary to choose on the basis of functionality and tasks that need to be solved. If a small motocultivator cannot cultivate virgin land or work with a plow, then it does not matter how much it will be, one hundredweight or ten. And vice versa, with a quality power tiller you can work ten hectare or one hectare, and you will do it easily and comfortably. So before you decide whether to choose a single axle tractor or a power tiller, decide for yourself what tasks you plan to solve and then determine the model of power tiller or cultivator that will solve your problems.
When choosing a power tiller to chase the engine power.
Today almost all Chinese manufacturers overestimate engine power. There are cases where the engine produces real power of 6 liters.с., and it says 10. It makes more sense to measure the displacement of the engine and compare models based on it. Another important thing to keep in mind that it is important not so much the power of the engine itself, but the value of power divided by the weight of the walking tractor. Т.е. What power is per 1 kg of weight of a power tiller. For most of the tasks of site owners, as well as utilities are more than enough engine with a working volume of 160 to 200 cc. See.
The faster the tiller speed, the better.
The optimum speed for milling operations is a speed in the 80-120 rpm range. If the rotation is higher than 120 rpm, the cutters will change from an active attachment to a passive attachment and will not loosen, but simply move over the ground and grind the ground into fluff, which is then heavily tamped down. It is more difficult to plant in tamped soil and the main thing is that the harvest is much worse.
We hope that the information in this article was helpful to you and help with the answer to the question. What to choose, a single axle tractor or a power tiller?
In this article will solve the question. What a single-axle tractor to choose and how to do it? I would like to begin with whatever single axle tractor you choose, the most important is that it is safe
A single-axle tractor or a motor cultivator? What to choose? 3 main differences. At the end of this article I will share with you one easy way to. How to tell the difference between a single axle tractor and a power tiller.
In this article we will tell you about the types of clutch of a mototblock. Let’s analyze what a single-axle tractor with PTO differs from a power tiller with a belt. Let’s consider the pros and cons of these power tillers.
Copyright 1993-2022 © mobilk.Copyright © mobilk.ru All rights reserved.
Our address is: 215010, Russia, Smolensk reg., Gagarinsky rn, r. Polichnaya str. New
Warning! All information on mobilk.ru is for information purposes only and under no circumstances is it a public offer. The manufacturer reserves the right to unilaterally change any features, configuration, place of production and appearance of the product.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA OF THE USER 3.1. Personal information of the User may be used by the Administration of the “Mobil K” website for the purposes of: 3.1.1. User identification for placing an order and (or) the conclusion of the Agreement of purchase and sale of goods by remote method. 3.1.2. Creating an account for easy shopping. 3.1.3. Providing customer feedback and effective customer support. 3.1.4. Notifying the User of “Mobile K” website about the status of the Order. 3.1.5. To provide, with the User’s consent, offers and information about promotions, new products, and promotional mailings. 3.1.6. To fulfill an order (delivery to the User’s address).