How to Choose the Right Lawnmower For Gardening?
How wonderful it is to be among the hot summers in a cozy garden. The smell of greenery and the rustling of trees soothes and saturates with pleasant emotions. But, every owner of a private house knows that in order to deserve such a vacation, you first need to work hard. To create a beautiful lawn today is not difficult enough to acquire modern equipment. If you are ready to become a designer on your own site, I propose to find out how to choose a lawn mower.
Which is better: gasoline or electric?
This is the main issue that every customer faces. Let’s get it right.An electric lawn mower will be an excellent assistant when caring for a flat area. If the cultivated area is covered with bumps, stones and other obstacles, the device will quickly break down.
Among the disadvantages of an electric lawn mower are:
1. Connection to the power grid. If it is necessary to process a site away from home, then this will not always be possible. You will have to extend the cord or install the outlet in the utility rooms.2. Restriction in work. Since water conducts electricity perfectly, working in the rain is dangerous for humans and the appliance.
3. Duration of work. An electric lawnmower cannot function continuously; it must be allowed to rest. As a result, the time for processing the site increases, because you need to take breaks.
But, she has undoubted advantages. Among them, the environmental friendliness of the device and silent operation. It has a small weight and compact dimensions, so it is convenient to transport it to the country. Modern models are endowed with the ability to work independently. Among the popular models, Bosch Rotak 43, Makita ELM4110, Sterwins 320 ELM should be noted.
The main advantage of a gas mower is the ability to treat areas without being tied to electricity. Also, the device stands out for its good performance and power. If you need to handle a large garden, then a gas mower is the right choice. But, acquiring it, you should know that it has significant shortcomings:
Among gasoline lawn mowers, the Makita PLM4618, Husqvarna R 152SV, the Craftsman line, Interskol, Lux have earned a good reputation.
Other types of lawn mowers
The most popular and sought-after types of devices among buyers we reviewed. But, today the world of lawn mowers is much larger. These types of devices are also distinguished:
1. Cordless lawn mower. This technique stands out for mobility and environmentally friendly work. The functionality of the device is limited, since its operation depends on the battery charge. The cordless lawnmower works perfectly with medium-sized dry grass. If the lawn is wet, it is best not to use this technique. A large selection of models can be seen at manufacturers Bosch, Gardena.
2. Mechanical lawn mower. The principle of operation is that the grass, falling between the blades, is cut off by them. Mechanical lawn mowers may vary in cut type. There are such types:
– Contact. When falling between two sections, the lawn is sheared like a scissor.
– Non-contact. There is a gap of 0.5 mm between the two slices, so thin trimming is inherent in expensive devices.
The advantages of this type include silent operation and low cost of the unit. It is independent of nutrition and performs a smooth cut. True, it is unlikely to succeed in overcoming high thickets with her. As a rule, a mechanical lawn mower is not equipped with a grass catcher, but to many models, it can be attached additionally. Among the large assortment, the AL-KO 112539 and Husqvarna 54 are noteworthy.
3. The trader. The device is designed in such a way that resembles a tractor. The unit has earned such similarity due to the fact that it is possible to attach a variety of nozzles to it. With it, you can not only inspire beauty in the garden, but also sweep the area with removable brushes. A trader will help spread fertilizers and even act as a cultivator and snow blower. This is a great option for processing large areas. But, the cost of such an assembly is rather big. A large assortment can be seen from the manufacturer McCulloch.
The minuses of the equipment include:
– uneven cut;
– low power;
– lack of grass catcher.
5. The robotic lawnmower. The functioning of the device is carried out by recharging from solar energy or from a battery. When the device starts to discharge, it returns to its base on its own. You can control the robot through the control unit. Also, with its help, the user can set various programs. Such equipment is suitable for processing large areas.
How to choose a lawn mower for a summer residence?
To purchase reliable equipment, you should pay attention to several important characteristics:
1. The cutting part. It can be equipped with a two- or four-blade knife. It is better to choose equipment with a long grip length, since then the site is processed more efficiently, and you will have to spend less effort on this.
2. Cutting height. For more effective work, you should set the cutting height. Therefore, it is better to choose models that are equipped with a regulator.
3. Type of grass catcher. There are the following types:
4. Power. The value of this parameter is determined by the type of grass. If you need to treat the lawn, then an average power unit is enough. As a rule, a garden lawn mower treats different areas, including weeds. Therefore, it is better to choose a gas mower with good power.
Also note that equipment with an additional drive is most suitable for a summer residence. It is more convenient to operate, especially when you have to operate a multifunction device. A self-propelled lawnmower is often purchased for elderly parents so that they can easily work on the site. Among the well-known manufacturers should be noted firms Viking, Stiga, MTD, Craftsman.
Choosing a lawn mower for a summer residence, we focus not only on its appearance and technical characteristics. It is important that the au pair is easy to manage. It is advisable that the equipment produce a little noise during operation.