How to clean an electric screwdriver from putty. Useful video
How to wash specifically stolen spatulas and outbuildings from the solution
Many those who often engage in the construction or decoration of premises are definitely know this life hack. But for those people who are quite rarely taken up for repairs, a similar method of cleaning spatulas and craftsmen after work will simply be invent.
This method perfectly cleans the surface not only of a “freshly tan” solution, but also specifically hardened over many months.
You will need it
If you have a dirty container from under the solution where all the dirty instruments enter, then this is very cool, since at the same time you will wash it and it.
In general, pour hot water into the container and fill 3 bags of citric acid 50 grams.
Subure tools with a dried solution.
If they worked with a solution as part of which the main component is gypsum, then the gaps and spatulas will get wet after 1-2 hours.
If the dried solution consists mainly of cement, then cover the container and leave to wash for a day.
After time we get the tool.
It is clearly noticeable that the solution began to retreat.
How To Make Powerful Electric Screw Driver from Mini Gear Motor at Home
Next, take a hard brush and a metal lip, and manually wash the remaining solution from the surface.
As a result, a clean tool is ready to work. Agree, working so much more pleasant.
Regardless of what means of whitewashing was carried out, preparation is needed before its removal. Since upcoming work is accompanied by the formation of a large amount of dust and dirt, it is necessary:
- Take the maximum number of items from the room. It is especially important to remove upholstered furniture.
- Those furniture that remain in the room during repair work should be well covered with polyethylene film. Fabric covers for these purposes are not suitable.
- Prepare a stepladder, the height of which will allow the employee to reach the top of the wall.
- You need to prepare tools for work in advance (their list depends on the approach to wall cleaning).
- Place a wet rag on the threshold of the repair room.
- It is important to provide an isolation of the room from other rooms. This is necessary so as not to spread whitewashing throughout the house. In addition to the tight closure of the door, the cracks should be laid with foam rubber or glue them with tape.
- If you need to protect the floor from whitewashing, it is best to use cellophane. Newspapers for such purposes are not effective, as they have low strength, and when contacting water, they are torn, missing dirt.
Before starting work, it is necessary to take care of individual protection. clothes and a headdress for repair, as well as a respirator and goggles.
How to quickly remove the old layer?
There are several options for removing whitewashing from the walls. The simplicity of execution leads mechanical. In its pure form, removing the coating with a dry way is accompanied by a large amount of dust.
The use of a grinding machine is the fastest way to eliminate whitewashing from the walls. The disadvantage of this method is in the formation of dust and dirt in large quantities.
- put on a coarse.grained nozzle on the device;
- turn on the device;
- Pass the tool on the surface of the walls;
- After the large parts of the layer are removed, the surface of the walls must be finalized.
Even the protection of plastic items of furniture may not help 100%, so it is advisable to completely free the room.
Stripping walls from whitewashing using a spatula allows you to carry out work not even to a specialist. The thicker the layer of coating on the walls, the more time.consuming work is.
The principle of surface processing is to push a chalk or lime and clean it on the floor.
If it is necessary to remove the whitewashing completely, the sections do not do the first time can be additionally treated with sandpaper or a small scraper.
If the whitewash layer is very thick, then the walls can first be tapped with a hammer so that part of it leaves and crumbles.
So that in the process of removing the whitewash there is less dust, and the layer departs in large pieces, it is advisable to moisturize the surface. In this case, the process of cleaning the walls will advance much faster.
You can moisturize whitewashing in any way that will seem the most convenient. Most often, a bucket of water and a wide brush or spray gun is used for these purposes.
- With the help of the selected device, the surface of the wall with an area of not more than 2 m² should be moistened.
- Go to the next site and moisturize it too.
- Clean the first processed section.
- Moisten the third section.
- Clean the whitewashing from the second.
- Moving from plot to the site, carry out the processing of all walls.
It does not make sense to moisturize all the walls in the room right away, since while the whitewashing from the first areas will be cleaned, the latter will have time to dry out.
How to quickly and without dust remove whitewashing from the walls and ceiling, will tell
Washing vacuum cleaner
The detergent vacuum cleaner will help to remove the whitewashing from the walls. The device is tuned for sink mode and, as necessary, replace water in the tank. The advantages of this method. removal without dust, minus. is the probability of spoiling your household assistant.
The use of Kleuster is one of the popular folk methods. To prepare the composition, you will need starch and water.
- Pour water into the selected metal bucket or loud.
- Put a container on the fire.
- Gradually, stirring, pour starch.
- Reduce fire.
- Stiring, cook until the mass begins to thicken.
- Apply the composition with a brush directly by whitewash.
- Wait for drying and forming a dense crust.
The so.called “adhesive method” using unnecessary newspapers will help in difficult work to remove whitewashing.
- smear newspapers with glue (you can use any inexpensive);
- glue the paper to the wall so that one corner does not fit against the wall;
- leave to grasp glue with wall coating;
- Pulling the free corner, remove the paper along with whitewashing to it;
- Provide the walls with a spatula or scraper so that there are no missed islands.
How to quickly clean different surfaces?
An old or dried putty can become a problem if it sticks on any object, and not on the wall. Here a spatula or brush can not so much help as harm. In order not to spoil interior items or working tools, you need to know the ways of cleaning.
How to remove dried composition from a spatula?
Sometimes the composition is so firmly attached to the metal part of the spatula that it cannot be removed even with a sharp knife or chisel. You can try to clean the old way that has been used since the time of the USSR:
- Prepare a large dishes in which the metal part of the tool will completely fit.
- Pour hot water into it, add 5 packs of citric acid. Mix well.
- Immerse the metal part of the tool in the liquid, leave it like that at night.
- Wipe the spatula in the morning with a rag or soft brush. Shpaklevka must move away from metal.
When finishing the room, small solutions of the solution can fall on the next sheets of drywall nearby. The material literally dries “tightly” if you leave it to dry for several hours. The GKL or GVL sheets themselves consist of a gypsum mixture. They cannot be wetted with water. In structure, they are quilted, brittle, so the standard method of cleaning a chisel or braking with a trowel is also not very suitable.
But there is one nuance. It is still possible to remove the putty with a aqueous solution with starch. Only you need to moisten only the stain, gently scraping the softened layer of the material. You need to do this quickly so that moisture does not enter the structure of the sheet.
You can try to carefully cut a stain with a putty with a clerical knife. The top layer of drywall consists of paper. It is easily cut. But this is possible if the sheet itself is blocked by other finishing materials in the future. For example, wallpaper or finish putty.
Moisture.resistant sheets of GVL and GKL have blue or green color. They can be processed from a spray gun, not afraid to spoil the internal structure of the material.
With a metal door
The metal door is often subjected to “bombardment” with a solution of putty. This picture can be seen after repairing the ceiling near the input opening. It is better to soak the frozen pieces of putty with water and carefully remove it with a soft brush or rag. The remaining spot can be erased with a soap solution.
Do not try to tear the frozen solution from the iron door with a spatula, as you will damage the varnished surface of the door. Brushes with hard or metal bristles, any sandpaper also will not work.
From tiles on the wall or floor and from the ceiling
The top layer of the tile on the wall or on the floor is covered with glossy glaze. It will withstand mechanical exposure, but you still should not scrap it with a trowel or spatula. It can be cleaned by soaking dried putty with water or starchy solution to completely remove the old material without prejudice to the tile.
With the ceiling, everything is somewhat different. You have to work vertically. Therefore, the supply of forces will end faster, since in this position the body gets tired more. In order not to exhale in a few tens of minutes and remove the excess putty from the ceiling, you need to use several ways at once:
- Evaluate the surface of the ceiling. If it is a single plate, it is likely that simple gypsum or cement mixtures were used in the work. Such material is easily removed by a manual tool. If the ceiling has the joints of the plates, you have to deal with the polymer composition. It should be removed with an electric tool.
- Treat the entire ceiling area with starch solution. Do this operation twice. Only after full moistening the surface can you proceed to the next stage of work.
- Take a wide spatula or a large brush with metal bristles. Work with wide movements. Try to remove as much as possible at a time.
This algorithm will help you remove the old material from the ceiling without spending a few days.
Councils of specialists
To speed up cleaning, as well as avoid some mistakes, you should listen to the advice of experienced masters:
- Problem areas with a retreating putty can be found by tapping the wall with a spatula handle. If the sound is deaf, everything is in order in this place. Voiced, loud. you can knock down a putty on this site.
- When working under the ceiling, it is better to use a table with a wide countertop, not a stepladder. This method is much safer, more convenient and allows you to work longer, as the legs experience less load.
- In the corners and joints of the ceiling with the wall you need to be extremely neat. Often, builders put power cables not according to GOST (10 cm from the top), but in the same. Be careful when working with a metal brush or spatula. Always inspect joints and angles.
- If you have to process a large area of ceilings in a short time, a grinding power tool for walls can be rented. He will speed up work at times, and at the exit you will get a perfectly flat surface. Some models of equipment are equipped with exhaust debris and dust. You can save on subsequent cleaning.
- The extreme method of cleaning the metal tool from dried putty is low.concentrated hydrochloric acid. It is sold in household stores. Hold the metal part of the tool in such a liquid for a couple of hours. it will become like new. Be sure to work in a mask and protective gloves!
Do not forget to ventilate the room, remove accumulated construction garbage, do wet cleaning. This will favorably affect your health.
How to completely clean and lubricate the drill
The main danger to the electric drill is dust that gets inside the body. The anchor, button, revolution regulator, etc.D. Therefore, after each very dusty operation, the tool should be disassembled, cleaned and lubricated. If this is not done, then the drill will begin to bask, from which it will not last long. Tool service is a very simple business that you do not need to be afraid.
Materials and tools:
Before disassembly, you need to wipe the drill on top. The screws with a screwdriver are twisted with a screw, and it is disassembled. After that, it is better to take a few photos of the inside of the drill, so that then do not get confused when assembling.
We check the bearings on both sides of the anchor for defects. To do this, just scroll it with your finger. There should be no extra noise at the same time. We shake with a finger from side to side. There should not be rolling. Otherwise, the bearing must be replaced.
The stator and rotor of the engine, the case itself must be cleaned of dust. It is impossible to do this with a rag efficiently, so it is best to blow them with compressed air from a spray can or compressor.
Ideally, so that the flowering dust is delayed by the vacuum cleaner, the hose of which can be held with the second hand. Blow all the wiring, button, brushes and other details.The plastic case of the drill is also blown, vacuumed and wiped with a damp cloth or cloth.
The anchor returns back to the stator, after which the assembled engine is installed in place. You should also put the brushes, making sure that they have not been jammed and have not yet been erased.
To the part of the anchor where the brushes rub on it, you need to apply the cleaner of mechanical contacts. It will dissolve the oxide layer. The tool is used according to the instructions. In some cases, it is enough to spray it, in others the manufacturer recommends additionally erase dissolved dirt after a couple of minutes.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated in servicing a drill. If there is a concern not to collect it after disassembly, then you can just take pictures of everything, and then put the details in places according to the picture. With normal bearings and brushes, when you don’t have to change anything, you can cope with cleaning and lubrication in just 40 minutes.
A bucket for kneading
You need to prepare a capacity for kneading. For such a container, a regular bucket of solid materials may go away, since the composition has to be kneaded for a long time, with an effort on the walls of the container. The bucket should be well washed from impurities, sediment at the bottom. To do this, use a screw or a hard brush. The container is washed with running water, dried.
It is better to take a small bucket in volume, as they breed a putty portioned. The solution dries quickly, so you will need to catch the prepared composition from the container and apply it evenly to the surface. When the first portion is completely exhausted, the bucket should be washed well, and then you can knead the plaster solution again in it.
Electricity or screwdriver
Both power tools are equivalent to mixing the solution if there is no desire to perform this action manually. Drill or screwdriver should be perfectly clean. They should not have the remnants of the mixture from the previous mixing, and the surface of the working space should not be rusted.
You need to work these tools very carefully. You can not turn them on at high rotation speeds so as not to make a putty mixture of too liquid consistency, and stir the solution with interruptions in three approaches.
After kneading each portion of putty, rinse the tool. Start stirring a new portion with clean tools. If this is not observed, then the remains of dried lumps from the previous collapse may fall into it, which will adversely affect the quality of the solution, worsen the appearance of a dried solution on the surface.
The spatula is used for all stages of kneading. The sequence of its application is as follows:
- They put a dry mixture in the prepared container. The tool should be well washed from dirt, construction solutions, well dried before use.
- Manually stir the composition until the desired consistency is obtained. Actively interfere with the spatula in a circle so as to get rid of lumps, solid interspersed.
- The composition is directly applied to the base, distributing plaster with a thin and even layer.
For work, it is better to use a medium.sized tool, which can easily perform all three functions. Buy a spatula 30 cm wide and 12 cm long.Need spatulas of different sizes. The first option will be needed for alignment, and small. for breaking lumps and stirring the composition from the corners of the container. In front of each knead, portions are washed the spatula. A dry working tool is again applied to the mixture.
For the solution, it is necessary to have running water. The cleaner in composition it will be, the better it will turn out to dilute the plaster solution. The water temperature is important for obtaining a homogeneous, uniformly distributed mixture in the molecular plan. It is advisable to use the liquid of medium temperatures. about 15–20 degrees. Water of lower temperatures is also allowed.
You can add cold water directly from the tap. But it affects the redness of the solution slower. If you need to dilute a large amount of putty mixture, then using low temperatures is even more profitable. The material will freeze longer, so you can impose its maximum amount without thickening.
If the material began to harden, and you did not have time to consum it, add a little cold water and mix thoroughly. This will give you additional 10 minutes to apply the prepared solution.
As a dry composition for the preparation of a putty solution, a mixture is taken, which may vary in astringent components:
- Cement. These are atmospheric, moisture resistant mixtures for facades, walls, ceilings in wet rooms (bathroom, kitchen). Minus of cement blanks. a tendency to strongly setting, cracking. They have low elasticity, unlike gypsum and polymer options, so working with cement mixtures is more time.consuming.
- Gypsum. The shrinkage is minimal, the tendency to crack is almost zero. Thanks to excellent elasticity, gypsum material is well distributed by the base without additional efforts and devices. But use such puttys in dry covered rooms with constant controlled humidity.
- Polymer. The elasticity of the solution is the highest due to many polymers. But it is very susceptible to moisture, has almost zero vapor permeability. The price of such a putty dry mixture is several times higher than others.
- Lime. Lime is added as a binding element to a cement or gypsum basis. It is added to improve the properties of the composition. For example, lime gives excellent elasticity to putty, unlike ordinary cement solutions. Lime has antiseptic properties that help the surfaces protect against the appearance of fungal formations, mold.
The putty mixture is selected depending on the purpose. Distinguish between starting and finish. The first option is used to close up cracks and chips, eliminate drops up to 1 cm. Finish mixtures properly use to prepare the surface for painting.
Useful advice of experts
Specialists and experts in plastering surfaces advise adhere to the following recommendations:
- When kneading putty, you should adhere to the technology for adding ingredients. The first amount of dry mixture is added first, and only then the running water is poured into the necessary proportion of the desired temperature. If it is planned to add some other component to the composition, it must be thoroughly mixed with putty until the liquid is added.
- The thick consistency of the putty mixture freezes faster than the liquid. This is important when determining the volume of collapse. If you need to prepare a small portion, then you can make it thick enough to spend it faster until it has dried up.
Putty putty using strictly installed technology. Depending on the composition of the mixture, it is prepared according to the attached instructions. For breeding, you need to have clean tools, capacity and plaster mixture.
Folk remedies of struggle
You can quickly and safely cope with rust with the help of improvised means. The most unexpected and inexpensive compounds come to the rescue, including acetic acid, hydrogen peroxide and even carbonated drinks such as Coca-Cola, but in order for these products to affect, it is necessary to apply them according to the instructions.
How to remove acetic acid?
For cleaning, it is recommended to use the essence of a concentration of 70%.
Mode of application:
- Fold in a suitable container a tool that needs to be cleaned.
- Completely pour it with acetic acid.
- Close the capacity with a lid and leave for several days. The more rust, the more time it takes.
- After the cleaning is completed, it is necessary to rinse the tool in a solution of baking soda. It neutralizes acid.
After such processing, you can continue to use the devices. Essence cleaning the effectiveness is very high. It allows you to cope even with a thick layer of rust. If it is small, then you can use the table vinegar or lemon juice.
It is not recommended to use vinegar for cleaning aluminum instruments, since it leads to dissolution of the epoxy layer and damage to the structure of the metal.
If the rust on the tool is stuck in pieces, then the plots can be cleaned with ordinary food foil. It is used as a scraper.
Citric acid and hydrogen peroxide
You can get rid of rust using citric acid and pharmacy peroxide of hydrogen. To prepare the solution, you need:
Instructions for use:
- All components are mixed with each other.
- Put the tool in a suitable container, pour it with solution.
- Leave them for a day under a closed lid.
- After the specified time, the solution is drained. The tool is washed with clean water, dried and used for its intended purpose.
In the process of cleaning, the solution will become dark. This is the norm and indicates the effectiveness of the composition. With it, you can cope with a small layer of rust.
If the tool is greatly spoiled, the concentration of the solution must be increased. In advanced cases, they refuse to add water altogether, dissolving citric acid in peroxide.
About how to remove rust with citric acid and peroxide, will tell
How to remove Coca-Cola?
Coca-Cola is a popular carbonated drink that can be used to remove rust. The effect is achieved due to the content of orthophosphoric acid in it, which corrodes the oxides.
The next day the part is removed, rinsed with clean water and dried.
Coca-Cola is one of the budget and effective means for removing rust. A similar effect is sprite and imaginative.
You can cope with rust using baking soda. Alkaline solution will help get rid of a small layer of corrosion without harm to metal. The effectiveness of the method is explained by the active action of sodium.
- Prepare the required amount of soda gruel by mixing powder with water. It should be moderately thick, remind the consistency of the pasta.
- Using a sponge, apply a paste to the tool.
- Leave the mixture to exert an hour.
- Rinse the product and wipe it with dry soft matter.
- If necessary, the procedure can be repeated.
Soda is not a highly effective way to combat rust, but a small layer can be removed in this way.
To remove rust, you can use zinc chloride. Apply it as follows:
- 20 g of chloride zinc are dissolved in 200 ml of water, the product is prepared in the quantity in which this is necessary;
- Pour the solution into a suitable container, lower the tool into it;
- leave to have an impact on an hour;
- rinse the tool with clean water and wipe with dry matter.
Zinc chloride contains free hydrochloric acid, which has the ability to dissolve rust. The main thing is not to overexpose the composition so that the metal itself does not blacken.
The method is quite effective, zinc chloride allows you to cope even with large areas of corrosion.
If improvised funds do not cope with rust, you can use store trains. The following remoters relieve corrosion well:
XIAOMI Mijia Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver Unboxing | Electric Screwdriver Review
Neomid 570. The concentrated composition contains a complex, solvent and corrosion inhibitor. The composition is applied to the problem area with a synthetic sponge and left for half an hour.
You can purchase compositions in construction stores and in stores for motorists, as well as on the Internet.
Removing the old coating, taking into account the type of surface
Starting to remove the putty layer, you should take into account the type of foundation material. This is necessary in order not to damage it.
The putty is removed from the wooden walls with mechanical methods. a spatula or electric devices. The basis of wood requires neat processing, as it can easily be damaged by mechanical exposure.
From drywall, putty coating is removed not difficult.
Most often, inexhaustible mixtures are used, which, when moisturizing with water, contribute to swelling of the composition. On average, this happens in 30-40 minutes. In this form, the layer can easily be removed by a regular spatula.
If a moisture.resistant mixture was used, you will have to use a starch solution. The solution is stirred and applied with a wide brush or maclovor, and left for 20 minutes to exposure. After that, the cleaning is performed.
In some cases, even such an integrated approach does not give an ideal result, and needs to be supplemented. A solution of copper sulfate helps to remove the remaining fragments of the putty coating. It is kept on the surface for another quarter of an hour and cleaned the remains of the composition.
It is not recommended to use a peorator for cleaning walls from drywall, since if you do not calculate correctly, you can easily damage the base.
It is not advisable to use methods with soaking putty, since the surface of the base does not tolerate dampness well. The optimal in this case are mechanical methods of exposure.
Concrete walls allow you to use an electrical tool for intensive effects and soaking to eliminate the plaster. the basis will withstand.
During the work, compliance with safety measures will help:
- The use of power tools is possible only after studying the instructions for it.
- Work that is carried out at altitude requires a carefully installed proper and reliable ladder.
- Personal protective equipment should include special clothes, as well as respirator and glasses.
- The use of power tools is not allowed with increased humidity in the room.
- You should not proceed to removal of putty before it is determined where the wiring is located in the wall, and how it is located. Without this knowledge, there is a probability of damaging it with an electrical appliance.
For the period of dismantling the putty layer, it is recommended not to use electric sockets in the repair room, but to connect electrical appliances through an extension cord from another room.
How to remove from different coatings?
There are many proven and effective methods that the surface stained in the solution can be returned to the original state. These are household chemicals and folk remedies: everyone has components for them in the house.
From the floor
The dried spots of putty are best, as far as possible, to rub out dry. It is worth being extremely careful if tiles are laid on the floor: there is a risk of scratching it. If dry cleaning gave an unsatisfactory result, any product with active acids will help to wash the surface (for example, toilet duckling). We read the composition: we find in it salt or any other acid.
In order not to spoil the parquet or laminate, we pre.conduct a test. We try a chemical on a small inconspicuous area of the floor. After the test, we check: whether the color of the coating has changed?
- The cap is diluted in two liters of water.
- We apply it on the spots of putty and wait a few minutes.
- Trying to wipe. If not helped, we increase the concentration.
- For the most persistent pollution, an undiluted tool is suitable.
From the door. wooden and metal
- To cope with the spots of putty on a wooden surface simply. You will need a rag and water:
- When the mass becomes soft, we begin to wash it with a hard part of the sponge.
- If the mixture does not lend itself, you can use sandpaper. No manipulations with a knife are unacceptable: this will seriously damage the structure.
- There will be more problems with the iron door. Folk methods will come in handy: twenty grams of vinegar or kerosene are diluted in a liter of cold water. The disadvantage of the method is a specific smell. But after a few hours it will be released.
In some cases, the places of pollution can be wetted with water, and then treated with a sponge with a detergent. The that appeared whitish stains are easily removed with citric acid: we pour some powder into the water for washing.
Iron washcloths for dishes, as well as a product with acid or alkaline, are useful. designed for cleaning ovens or plumbing.
When all the contaminated places are pulled out, wash off the remains of the solution and dirt:
- Or mix two tablespoons of soda with a half glass of liquid. We urinate the fabric in the resulting composition and apply to the injured places. After about twenty minutes, the building material will be freely wiped off from the tile.
- Dissolving fluids are also suitable. On a clean rag, drip a little acetone or gasoline and apply to the stained tile, then wash with a large amount of water.
From the car panel
The car putty is one of the processes of body repair. Machines owners with great trepidation relate to the state and appearance of their steel horses. The question “how to wash the putty from the panel” on car forums often occurs.
In the fight against any pollution, the time factor is important: the longer the stain of the solution remains on the car, the more difficult it is to withdraw.
- The simplest and harmless way to eliminate is soap solution. You will need warm water, sponge and car shampoo. The method will only work on fresh pollution.
- If the putty remained on the car panel for some time, you can try to work with a liquid to relieve varnish without acetone. We wipe the place of pollution with a cloth moistened in washing, then rinse with clean water.
- For old spots, solvents are needed. They are classified into weak, medium and strong, depending on the content of the active substance in them. Use this composition with caution.
- Car cleaning clay is popular. In addition to it, the kit includes wax, polish, rag. We rub the clay along the contaminated surface, wait for a while, and then wash off with water.
- The thick layer of putty solution is removed with a plastic spatula. It is necessary to act carefully so as not to damage the external coating.
It is important that chemical solvents do not fall into the rubber and plastic parts of the machine: the aggressive composition can spoil them.
- If the putty is fresh, remove it from the wallpaper is a couple of seconds:
- We moisten the paper towel in water and draw in circular movements in a dirty place.
- After the final drying, the wallpaper will take the former appearance.
- The dried putty layer from vinyl wallpaper can really be removed if they have good resistance to moisture.
- To weaken a slightly weakened composition, they pass through it with a scraper.
- The putty will begin to crumble, carefully remove it with our hands. At this moment, she will easily move away from the wallpaper.
- Carefully bite off the sticking pieces. so as not to damage the surface of the canvas.
- The remaining oil spots are destroyed by isopropyl alcohol. Wet a cotton pad in it, apply and wait. After 3 minutes, only memories will remain from the spots on the wallpaper.
Shpaklevo dust negatively affects health: it settles in the respiratory system, provokes a cough and pain in the lungs. We must not forget about personal protective equipment.
Methods of purification
To remove the remains of putty, you can use several methods. Each of them has its own technological process. The cleaning option depends on the type of coating.
The method is simple, does not require any special knowledge and skills. The main disadvantage is laboriousness. Are used:
With manual work, you will need a lot of time. Mechanical processing is acceptable in uneven structures:
- The formed residue is neatly scraped off until completely eliminated. For work, you will need a stationery knife or a construction spatula.
- Upon completion, we are grouting with a polish or solvent.
With mechanical exposure, it is recommended to monitor excessiveness, so as not to damage the design itself.
The chemical method of removal is to moisten the surface with the selected solution.
- The use of the method is possible only for even structures: the use of a spatula or knife for scraping is inappropriate here. The composition is poured onto the surface, then grinned with a rag with a large pile.
- The easiest way to eliminate the putty is to soak contaminated places with starchy solution, and then remove the remains with a chisel or spatula. Water should be warm, the amount of starch is taken from the calculation of two large spoons per liter of liquid.
- A solution of copper sulfate is also used:
- Fifty grams of reagent are diluted in hot water.
- The resulting composition is covered with the desired surface in 3 layers, having previously waited for each of them drying out.
Pulling up putty
The main task when grinding putty is to align the surface and create the risks of a certain shape and size on it. The subsequent applied soil should fill every risk, leaving no voids.
The risks should be close to triangular and it can be achieved using eccentric (rotational-vibrational) grinding machines with a 5-8mm eccentric course or a manual tool.
Flat grinding machines are suitable for processing on large planes. They quickly give the surface the necessary profile when processing the first rough layers, risks and “soft” processing before priming are good for lowering.
The main work on giving shape and alignment is performed using a hand tool that makes it possible to feel the surface and understand where and what effort must be made in order to align it. Such grinders differ in their size and characteristics. They are called sandwiches, graters, blocks and even shirts in another way)
Let me remind you once again that when grinding all types of putty, you cannot use water. All work is only in my right. Putty is a very hygroscopic product and absorbs moisture like an alcoholic vodka. And then moisture can not be removed even with high.temperature drying. And then unpleasant consequences. Moisture, reaching the metal, will accelerate its corrosion. Also evaporating from the putty, it can swap subsequent coatings, especially with hot drying, and as a result of the LCP will be covered with a “rash”. Hello defect)
Grinding can be started 20-30 minutes after application, since putty has the ability to “stone” and grind it then much more difficult. This is especially true for putty with fiberglass. Well, it is impossible to leave her for a long time, because she, as I already said, is very hygroscopic and takes moisture from the environment. Therefore, it is desirable after grinding, immediately primed.
When grinding, do not forget the rule “Step 100”. To process the putty, I would recommend using KOVAX abrasives, the Maxcut, Maxfilm and Superssilex series.
Ideally, the initial steps R80-r180-r280. If you jump from P80 immediately to P280, then the risk from the P80 will not be closed completely, but only its tops will be cut off. over, in the process of grinding risk, it will clog with grinding dust and subsequently the paint and varnish material will go into these recesses and grinding risks will appear on the LKP. Hello defect)
“Step 100” is applicable only for rough and medium abrasives to P600 inclusive. When grinding abrasives P600 and above, the step increases significantly.
When using grinder, it is better to use such a series of gradations P80-R150-R240-R320-R500.
When the putty is polymerized, polyester resin appears on the surface, forming a crust, which quickly clogs even the best abrasive. Therefore, before grinding, manually, with any exposed abrasive material, it is necessary to remove this crust. Then further grinding will pass without problems.
The surface processing should begin with P80-P120, which will ensure uniform cutting of putty and the ability to give the necessary surface profile. With manual grinding, since it is always a little coarser, just try to take abrasive material one gradation higher than for machine. If for the P80 machine. manually P100, for the P150 machine. manually P180, for the P220 machine. manually P240.
When processing rough filler putty, with continuous putty, use a plate with abrasive gradation P80. Remember, risk after a rough abrasive must be polished.
To identify defects, before grinding, it is necessary to apply the occurrence, which will greatly simplify the detection of flaws.Manifestations are both dry, which are applied with the help of applicators and aerosol in spray cans.
If after grinding you need to apply another layer of putty, risk should be removed so that there is no subsidence. To lower the risks use P150-P180.
Before each subsequent putty, the surface must be blown out with air and degreased. Just wipe the repair site with a napkin moistened with a degreaser, and then immediately dry. No need to fill the surface with a degreaser, remember the hygroscopic putty.
After the surface has been leveled with rude abrasive material, we proceed to lower risks for priming. The putty zone is processed P150-P180. If you lower the risk with a grinder, then you need to use a hard sole.
Well, the surface is almost ready, it remains to “kill” the risk from P150-r180 abrasive P240. Now we put a soft plate on the grinder so that it repeats the total surface of the surface, knocking down the risk, but not sawing leased putty.
The border zone (approximately 15-20 cm around the repair site) we process P320. This is necessary for soil adhesion. Putty should not be processed.
Then we blow out again with compressed air and degrease.
Now the surface is ready for priming.
Do not forget to check the opened surface. it should be smooth and even.