How to correctly tuck the line into an electric grass trimmer
How to wind the fishing line onto the grass trimmer spool
First determine the consumable length for your reel. Wind the line on the bobbin until it overcomes the bobbin’s rims. We have 4 meters. How much you get out depends on the diameter of the line for the bobbin and the features of the design.
How to wind it up
Fold the line in two. Leave one end 10-15cm longer than the other.
Insert the loop that is formed into the groove.
Lay the line according to the direction shown on the element body.
Insert the short end into the groove on the side of the spool.
Tape the long end to the opposite groove.
Place the spool with the line wound in the bobbin case.
Pull the fishing line out of the retaining grooves.
Put on the cover and fasten it in place.
Cut the line ends leaving 10 to 15 centimeters.
How to STRING TRIM like a PRO
Your line change is complete, now all you have to do is thread the bobbin onto the weed trimmer and you’re ready to go.
How to thread fishing line into the weed trimmer? How to use
The main element of the Trigger is the mowing head, which is a cylindrical body with a spool (bobbin) inserted inside. The line (filament) is fed into the head. heads differ from each other in the way they feed and thread. There are three types of heads:
- Automatic. The line is fed after the user has lowered the engine speed. Automatic cord feeder is very handy when a large amount of work needs to be done. The disadvantage of this head is the high thread consumption.
- Semi-automatic. Using such a head does not require the user to perform any complex manipulations. The way it works is that the line is extended automatically while the grass trimmer works at full speed. It is only necessary to slightly knock the head of the device on the ground (this will remove the blocking of the line), and the cord due to centrifugal force come out of the bobbin. The line is then cut to the desired length using the blade on the guards.
- Manual. To extend the cord, you must stop the machine. Pull out the fishing line by hand.
Types of trimmer reels
Algorithm of winding the line
Depending on what model of grass trimmer is used, you choose the type, thickness and length of the line. The cord diameter can be from 1.2 to 4mm. It’s not hard to guess that the thicker you tuck in the cord, the harder and thicker the grass it can cut.
In most cases, universal fishing line with a diameter of 2 mm is used.
To find out which diameter of line you can use on your mower, there are 3 ways.
- See the instructions for your machine for information on cord thickness.
- Look at the bobbin itself. It may have information on the possible line diameters.
- Insert the line into the exit hole. If it passes through without difficulty, you can use a cord of this diameter.
The fishing line is wound onto the spool located in the mowing head. That’s why you need to open it first (mentioned above). There are two ways of winding the cord.
To correctly determine how many meters of fishing line are required for a particular spool, you need to wind it on the bobbin so that the coil does not exceed the diameter of the edges. If the line is sticking out from the edges of the spool, you will not be able to slide it into the shroud. Once you have decided on the length of the material, it needs to be tucked into the bobbin, so do the following.
- Fold the line in two so that one end is 10-15cm longer than the other.
- Note that the bobbin is divided into two parts by a central rim, which is where charging begins. Find the groove on it and insert the cord bent in half by applying a small amount of force.
- It is very important to determine in which direction the line is wound on the spool. If you look closely, you may find an arrow or a sign on the bobbin, indicating in which direction the winding has to be done. There are cases when there is no arrow on the spool. In this situation you can look at the arrow on the mowing head and wind the line in the opposite direction.
- The winding has to be done carefully with the winding going from turn to turn with the maximum tension of the thread.
- After you have finished laying the cord, you must first secure the short end of the line by inserting it into the matching diameter groove on the side of the spool.
- The other end, the longer one, is fastened in the groove on the opposite side of the bobbin.
- Once you have secured the line, trim the ends, leaving an allowance of about 10cm.
- Next you need to insert the threaded spool into the mowing head. To do this, place the bobbin into the head’s output holes by alternately inserting and tightening the thread into the cover, then, applying the required force, pull the thread out of the locking slots and tighten it.
- Now you can put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
The second way
Some spools have a second method of securing the cord: you may charge 2 lengths of thread instead of one folded in half. To change the fishing line, proceed as follows.
- Before changing or loading new thread into the spool, determine how many meters of thread are required using the method described above.
- One end of the cord bend into a hook.
- Find the hole in the bottom of the bobbin to hold the thread and insert the looped end of the thread into it.
- Wind the cord in the direction of the arrow up to the necessary level, not exceeding the diameter of the spool.
- Do the same for the second bobbin case.
- Assembling the head is no different from the method used when we considered threading the bobbin with a double folded length of fishing line.
For a Shtil brushcutter there is a very simple and quick way to change the filament without disassembling the mowing head, which you can see by watching this video.
The ends of the filament protruding from the holes in the hood can be cut to the required length when the part is installed in the trimmer. This can be done in two ways:
- by turning on the grass trimmer (as it rotates, the line ends are cut on the blade fixed to the blade guard for this purpose);
- cut the extra ends with scissors so that they do not touch the housing.
The second method is used if you had to put a cord with a large diameter, and the trimmer blade can not shorten it.
If the cord has been charged into the mowing head, but the length of the projecting ends of the cord is insufficient, they must be lengthened before the machine is started, this applies to a head with manual adjustment. However, there are also cases when using a semi-automatic mowing head where, due to insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they are not automatically lengthened. In this case it is necessary to switch off the unit (it is obligatory to pull the plug from the socket on an electric device), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a bit of a fishing line. After this procedure, the cord is able to extend again due to centrifugal force if you set the spindle at maximum rpm.
Whatever thickness of line you use, remember: to prevent constant interruptions in your work and cord changes, you must avoid hard spots where the working tool might touch hard surfaces (stones, curbs, thick, dry twigs, etc.) and the wire can protrude into the forest.д.).