How to cut a hole in drywall for a socket
An even simpler solution would be to use a blade from a hacksaw for metal. Here will be repeated approximately the same steps as when working with jigsaws. In terms of availability, this variant is the most acceptable in most cases. It is important to note that caution should be exercised when working with a blade, because it is possible to be injured when sawing. To avoid this, you can take simple precautions, such as wrapping several layers of one side of the cloth with electrical tape or put a heat shrink tube over it. In case of need such an improvised handle can be removed.
The backup hatch can be used in a variety of drywall structures:
Hatch in the boxWith the hatch can hide water meters, faucets, heating and air conditioning systems, as well as any pipes. The presence of such a device will allow you to maintain the uniformity of the created interior, as well as to hide from prying eyes the necessary, but unaesthetic elements of the room. In this case you will be able at any time to accurately replace them, to fix the leak, to read the meter, to close / open the valve. In addition to hatches that are mounted in drywall structures, there are models that can be installed in wooden, concrete or brick walls. With the help of a hatch in the plasterboard construction, you can easily decorate the hole, not a bit harming the design of the room.
An even simpler solution would be to use a hacksaw blade for metal. Here will be repeated approximately the same actions as when working with an electric jigsaw. In terms of accessibility, this option can be considered the most acceptable in most cases. It is important to note that caution should be exercised when working with the blade, because it is possible to be injured while sawing. To avoid it, you can take the simplest precautions, like wrapping several layers of tape around one side of the cloth, or putting heat shrink tubing over it. The improvised handle can be removed if not needed.
How and what to cut and drill holes in drywall
From this material you will learn how to cut drywall, in addition, we will consider how to cut drywall and make holes in it rectangular and circular. To do this you will need some tools and knowledge of the basic methods of how to do it. We also show you how to use the materials efficiently so that you get the best results with the least amount of waste.
From our experience, we know that although the process of cutting is not very complicated, but it takes patience to master it. Unsatisfactory results can come from inaccurate measurements, using the wrong materials and tools. To learn how to cut drywall the best way possible, read this article, which gives tips on how to avoid common mistakes.
Possible courses of action
When deciding how to cut a hole for a light fixture, you need to know that you can do such a job in two ways:
Obviously, the first option is more acceptable. The more so that now to buy a set of crowns or a drill bit of the required diameter is easy and simple, and such a tool is inexpensive. Of course, you can try to do the work with improvised materials. a knife, a saw on metal, etc.п. But you can’t guarantee the quality of this work. All the more so, if any inaccuracy is made, it will be necessary to change a whole sheet of drywall. And it is both difficult and will require additional time, financial costs.
How to install?
Make holes for the sockets
Before you build in drywall socket required to drill a hole under the glass:
- With the help of a pencil outlined the place where the socket will be fixed;
- Take an electric drill or an electric screwdriver with a drill bit for drywall;
- The sharp tip of the bit is positioned centrally on the marking;
- Accurately drilled a hole (if there is no drill, you can use a jigsaw);
- The holes for the switches are drilled in the same way.
NOTE! If at this point is planned to install a socket block, then the vertical mowing line is placed at a distance of 72 mm. Just enough so that the slots are properly seated, with their trailing edges not overlapping each other.
Once the hole is made, the materials and all tools are prepared, you can begin the installation work. Depending on the installation technique, the sequence of work differs as well. If the electrical cable is fixed in the wall, all that remains is to put the socket and connect the.
And if it is supposed to run electrical wires through the outer side of the partition, a groove (notch) is cut in the drywall, and the wires are inserted and fixed with a quick-hardening compound (for example, alabaster). The wire ends are inserted in the required places at the proper level.
NOTE! When installing the socket in a drywall, be sure to leave a reserve of electric wires at least 10 cm, but it is desirable to leave more.
The following stages of mounting the socket with their own hands are as follows:
- Mounting Podrosocket. Before mounting the cup, you need to cut a hole on its back surface with a knife for the wires. If you look at the body of the cup, you can see the 4 screws, 2 of them are needed to secure the socket itself, and 2. to adjust the distance legs. At first we derive the wires from the hole and pull them through the glass. Then mount the beaker in the drywall, securing it by means of bolts from the opposite side with clamping feet.
Difficulties in the work and ways to solve them
Trouble may arise in such cases:
- When cutting the hole, you can bump into the profile, to which the gypsum board is attached. You will need a chisel, screwdriver and hammer to hollow out a piece of iron that prevents the installation of the socket.
- If the drywall is glued to the wall without framing, you will need to make a hole under the cup with a peorator in concrete or wood.
In general, put the socket best directly during the repair. so you can save a lot of time and immediately get a quality device to turn on any equipment.
Installing the subcutter in the drywall
The sequence of actions for this type of installation is exactly the same as for installing the product in concrete, but with a few nuances:
- To install in drywall requires a special subroutine, with sliding “legs”, which are controlled by 2 screws on the body.
- In order to make a hole in drywall there is no need to buy special drill bits, it is enough to use an ordinary box cutter.
- To fix the subcorner in the drywall, you can replace the putty with ordinary assembly foam.
A brief sequence of installing a subroutine in the drywall:
How To Cut a Hole in Drywall For An Outlet Without Measuring
- Mark the location of the future socket.
- Cut the hole with a box cutter.
- To insert a podrosetnik in aperture and having screwed 2 screws, it is reliably fixed on the landing place.
- In addition to apply the assembly foam.
Figure 2: Prefabricated receptacle in drywall
With some skill, the procedure takes 10-15 minutes.
What is a jack
Podrosocket is a special electrical product that is installed in building envelopes (walls, walls) for easy installation of electrical outlets and switches. An additional task of slots, protection of structures from the spread of fires in case of short circuits and other electrical accidents.
The second, or more correctly said, another name for plugs, wiring boxes.
Speaking of the technology of installing sub-sinks, it should be noted that this technology can be extended to the installation of junction boxes of electrical wiring.