How To Cut An Angle Grinder Metal
How to properly cut a metal corner angle grinder
You cannot start cutting metal with an angle grinder without obtaining the appropriate knowledge and some skills. The most important danger is the possibility of the cutting wheel jamming in the cutting zone and its subsequent destruction. The angle grinder must be firmly held with both hands when working. You need to lead the cut strictly from yourself. The depth of cut is determined by the disc diameter.
Cutting the metal corner has some nuances:
- A large corner (more than 60 mm) is more convenient to cut together with a partner. In a workshop, the workpiece is clamped in a bench vise or fixed with clamps on a fixed base. The corner is laid on the surface of the support structure (table, box, etc.) so that the cut edge hangs down, and its other part lies completely on the support surface. At the same time, the assistant should press the workpiece and slightly pull it away from himself to prevent biting the disc. Cutting begins from the edge, moving towards the edge.
- Cutting of a corner with smaller dimensions (up to 60 mm) is allowed to be carried out without the help of strangers. The material to be cut is laid out with support on both shelves (edge up). The part to be separated must be suspended and not touching the ground or floor. The remaining part is pressed down with the left foot (if there is no possibility of a rigid fixation), in order to hold the angle grinder with both hands. Cutting should be started from the edge, gradually going down and deeper into the corner platforms.
If the correct metal cutting technology is observed, the fragment to be separated will fall down under its own weight, thereby increasing the width of the cut zone. The likelihood of disc seizure is minimized.
How to properly and safely cut metal angle grinder?
An angle grinder is considered extremely traumatic equipment, so it is important to know in advance how to properly cut the metal of an angle grinder in order to avoid injury and do the job well. It is necessary to monitor compliance with safety measures during work and use personal protective equipment: use a respirator, wear protective gloves or mittens, glasses, etc.
The cutting equipment must be used strictly for its intended purpose, all work is carried out using special wheels for metal. It is strongly not recommended to remove the protective cover. How to properly work with an angle grinder look at:
Methods for cutting stainless steel
Stainless steel refers to alloyed steels that are difficult to process. This metal can be cut by 2 methods:
- Thermal (metal melts under the influence of high temperatures);
- Mechanical (cutting is carried out using a cutting tool by removing a layer of metal).
Thermal methods include:
- Oxygen cutting (gas-arc cutting). The metal melts when exposed to an electric arc. The oxygen supplied to the cutting zone contributes to the combustion of the metal and the removal of slags from the working zone.
- EDM cutting. The cutting process consists in the destruction of the surface of the workpiece under the influence of an electric discharge.
- Waterjet cutting. The metal is separated by a thin jet of abrasive mixture supplied under ultra-high pressure.
- Laser cutting. Processing is carried out with a thin laser beam.
- Plasma cutting. A plasma jet acts as a cutting tool.
Machining of stainless steel is carried out using the following tools:
- Scissors for metal. They cope with sheets with a thickness of no more than 0.5-1 mm.
- A circular saw. Cutting is carried out using an edged abrasive wheel. This method can be used to cut thick parts.
- Angle grinder. When cutting metal, an angle grinder uses special thin stainless steel discs with a diameter of 125 mm. Non-specialized tooling can subsequently cause corrosive phenomena in the metal.
According to the rules for cutting, the part must be securely fixed or rest against something, otherwise the workpiece may be pulled aside and the cut will be broken. It will be necessary to additionally process the cut edge if you cut it without observing the technology.
How to cut aluminum with an angle grinder
A different type of disc is used to cut aluminum with an angle grinder, since it is a soft metal and the cutting tool gets stuck in it. There are special cutting discs for aluminum and copper.
You should not try to make a cut in one pass, because work hardens form on the teeth of the cutting tool and it is clamped in the material. The cut is made carefully, without cutting through the metal to the end. It is necessary to go several times in one place and avoid distortions. The process is quite slow, and the quality of the cut will be low. When cutting thick workpieces, experts recommend dropping kerosene into the cutting zone. It is better to work with aluminum with a hand router, which allows you to perform true shape cutting and making holes. Or you can:
How to cut a pipe angle grinder
For cutting pipes with an angle grinder, it is recommended to use cutting wheels no more than 1 mm thick, otherwise the cut is more difficult, and there will also be too many sparks and escaping hot particles.
The work technology is as follows:
- The pipe is fixed in a vice or fixed in another way. In this case, the part to be cut must hang. It is not allowed to place the workpiece between two supports and cut in the middle, since the cutting blade will jam (due to sagging of the pipe).
- Using a strip of paper and masking tape, markings are applied. The ends of the tape should converge as accurately as possible. Home craftsmen recommend lowering the pipe into the liquid at the required angle, and then mark the cutting line along the border of dry and wet.
- The cut should be made from the top of the pipe, gradually lowering the angle grinder down. The cutting disc must run along the very edge of the glued strip.
A large diameter pipe is cut a little differently, since the working part of the circle does not allow it to be done in one go. The wall is cut sector by sector, and the pipe is turned in the right direction.
Cast iron cutting angle grinder
Cast iron is a fairly fragile metal, but very strong, therefore, it is recommended to use diamond-coated discs for cutting it. You can cut cast iron and simple discs for metal, but they are much less durable. The angle grinder can only cut this material in a straight line with the mowing line. Any attempt to make a curved cut can lead to jamming of the cutting wheel. As a result, under heavy loads, the abrasive element collapses and its parts flying out at high speed can severely injure people nearby. But it is better to cut the cast iron with a saw, as in:
An angle grinder for metal working is the best solution. This versatile tool allows you to use it not only for cutting, but also for polishing, cleaning, grinding metal and many other operations.
HOW TO CORRECTLY CUT AN Angle Grinder?
Before you get started, you need to prepare your angle grinder. We mean the choice of rig (disc). The following points should be considered here:
- Disc diameter. Remember, the smaller the disc diameter, the more revolutions (higher rotational speed) it can withstand, and vice versa.
- The choice of the disc depends primarily on the material with which you plan to work and the design features of your tool.
- Pay close attention to the legend and markings on the disc. Having carefully studied them, you will understand whether the selected equipment is suitable for the proposed work.
Also, always follow safety precautions and wear special equipment such as gloves, goggles, long-sleeved robes and closed shoes.
First of all, clear the workplace of unnecessary items. Securely fix the workpiece to be processed, having previously marked it on it, if necessary. Getting started.
Always hold the tool firmly and confidently with both hands. Take a steady body position. You need to stand so that sparks do not fly onto clothes and, even more so, into the face during work.
Always remember about such a thing as kickback. This is the most dangerous thing that can happen when working with a grinder. It can occur if the disc is strongly jammed in the workpiece. In such a situation, the angle grinder will kick back sharply. Monitor the process to avoid this.
Also remember that the power cord of the angle grinder must be insulated from sparks during operation. If you need to move the instrument to a different work surface, be sure to turn it off first and then unplug the power cord. The same should be done in the event of a power outage. As soon as the power goes out, turn off the instrument and then unplug it from the mains. If this is not done, then when power is restored, the angle grinder will start to work in a chaotic mode again and can cause irreparable harm to your health, others or damage objects around.
The most frequently asked question that arises among novice craftsmen is the following: How to cut an angle grinder correctly: for yourself or away from yourself? Many do not betray this special significance, but in vain.
Bulgarian manufacturers advise their consumers the following: The tool should be used in such a way that the course (direction) of the cut coincides with the direction of rotation of the disc.
Experienced craftsmen have a clear answer to this question: You need to make a cut from yourself. This is for your safety. In case the angle grinder is pulled out of your hands, the tool will be thrown in the opposite direction from you. If you cut towards yourself, when the above situation occurs, the tool will fly to your feet. We will not describe the consequences. You can imagine them yourself.
If you are cutting parts or workpieces that have thick metal, cut them exceptionally straight.
When working on a part such as a corner or cutting a profile or shaped tube, which is usually quite long, cut the overhanging edge. Otherwise, if you make a cut in the place between the supports, such an outcome as a jamming of the disc due to the deflection of the workpiece is possible.
If you are cutting corrugated sheet (sheet metal sheeting), metal siding (metal siding) or metal tiles, take care of the presence of special anti-corrosion agents that need to be lubricated in order to avoid sudden corrosion.
In case you are cutting paving slabs or paving stones, get a special diamond cut disc.
Reinforced concrete, concrete and other similar materials must be processed with special discs for stone.
If you need to cut a gas or oxygen cylinder, be very careful, as it may explode due to the remaining trace of gas or condensation. It is better not to carry out such work at home.
If you need to cut glass or, for example, a mirror. The most trivial ceramic disc will suit you.
When working with material such as wave slate, do not use extra force to avoid chipping and unevenness.
It is possible to process rubber with an angle grinder, but not necessary. If you understand what we mean.
Grooves, springs, fittings or channel can also be cut with an angle grinder.
Need to cut drywall or polycarbonate? Do this very carefully to avoid chipping and breaking the material. You will need neatness if you need to cut glass mosaics. For example, if you are cutting off excess parts from a pasted arch, cover the cut and the part to be cut off with masking tape or construction tape. This minimizes the possibility of cracks and prevents debris from scattering on the floor after cutting.
HOW TO CUT TILES WITHOUT CHIPS Angle Grinder?
As we said above, the range of applications for the angle grinder is incredibly wide. She also acts as an excellent helper when cutting materials such as tiles or tiles. But, a logical question arises regarding the equipment: How is it better to work on tiles? To carry out this type of work, you need to get a grinding diamond wheel and a tile holder. It is hardly possible to work without dust with this material, so take care of a protective mask in advance.
Let’s take a closer look at the process itself and methods of cutting tiles or tiles without chips.
- The easiest way is to cut straight. Fix the tile well so that its edge remains suspended along the mowing line of the cut and get to work.
- The next method to be noted is cutting at a 45 angle. This method is more complicated than the first one. First, we cut the ceramic tiles with a straight cut. Then, when cutting, the angle grinder disc is guided at an angle and removed the unnecessary part. Next, we grind the cut with sandpaper.
HOW TO CORRECTLY CUT ANGLE GRINDER METAL?
To begin with, let’s talk about the dangers that await the master when cutting metal with an angle grinder, namely:
- Fragments of the disc, in the event of a break;
- Powerful stream of sparks and small abrasive particles;
- In some cases, the inability to hold the instrument in the hands.
Now, a few tips for working with metal.
If you have no experience in this type of work, then, for a start, it is worth practicing on unnecessary details. If in the process of work, you decide to change the cutting plane when the disc is inside the workpiece, this will immediately lead to its breakage.
To increase the life of discs, especially expensive ones, they need to be cooled. This is done with water. It is necessary to water the cutting area. It is advisable that you work with a partner who will carry out all these additional manipulations.
Also, breaks of 5-7 minutes every 20-30 minutes of work will help to increase the service life of the equipment, and the tool itself. This rule is especially important when working with household angle grinders. This way you will protect your instrument from overheating.
It should also be remembered that you should not put pressure on the angle grinder during operation, otherwise it may fail due to overheating, or the disc will jam. If you feel that performance is too slow, try changing the drive.
CAN the angle grinder CUT WOOD?
Many experienced craftsmen claim that cutting wood with an angle grinder is to be. Our opinion: it is really possible to cut wood with an angle grinder, but it is extremely unsafe, inconvenient, slow and of poor quality. And that’s why.
Firstly, during operation, the disc of an angle grinder gets very hot and becomes incredibly fragile. The slightest misalignment may result in a ruptured disc. You can find out about the consequences of this situation from the pictures on the Internet.
Secondly, when working with a disc equipped with victorious solders, these solders can easily end up under the skin. And this is a direct way to the hospital, because it will not be possible to remove them on your own, plus everything is fraught with infection.
Thirdly, when using a disc on wood, the teeth can grab more wood than you expect, and this, in turn, will lead to that. That the angle grinder will simply rip out of your hands. It is very dangerous!
We hope we have explained in an accessible way why you cannot use an angle grinder when working on wood and you will not even try.
But, as practice shows, many craftsmen at home resort to using an angle grinder in the process of processing materials such as chipboard, chipboard, laminate, OSB board or plywood. This should be cut as carefully and in compliance with all safety measures. Otherwise, you can not only spoil the material, but also be injured.
HOW TO EXACTLY CUT an angle grinder?
In order not to spoil the workpiece and make a high-quality smooth cut of the angle grinder, you will need to perform a number of preparatory measures, which we will discuss in this part of the article.
- Markup. All ingenious is simple. First we mark, then we cut. Take pipe cutting as an example. First, use a chalk or marker to apply the size, then use paper or duct tape. The main thing is that the edge is even. We take the selected auxiliary material and carefully wrap it around the pipe. Its boundary will be a clear and accurate marking of the cut. When performing work, it is important to remember that under no circumstances should you change the position of the tool stroke. Otherwise, the disc may jam or break. Also, you should not put additional pressure on the tool, as this will immediately be reflected in the curvature of the cut and spoil your workpiece.
- It is very important to choose the right thickness of the circle. There is a simple axiom at work: the thicker the material you are working with, the thicker the disc should be. When choosing tooling, consult with an expert in the field and pay attention to the marking of the grinding wheel applied to his shirt.
HOW TO SAFELY CUT AN Angle Grinder?
The work of an angle grinder is a matter that requires constant attention and control, because the consequences of accidents are irreversible. Therefore, before starting work, take care of the following:
- Take care of the protection of all parts of the body: face, hands, eyes.
- Clean the workspace from excess, especially the place where the sparks fly out, remove all combustible materials away.
- The workpiece to be machined must always be securely fixed.
- Be sure to install the protective cover.
- Hold the tool firmly while working.
- At the end of the work, wait until the rotation of the disc has stopped completely, place the angle grinder with the disc upwards so as not to damage it, unplug the tool from the mains and make sure there is no smoke or signs of fire.
WHAT CANNOT BE CUT with an angle grinder? BASIC ERRORS
The list below shows the materials you can work with the angle grinder. It is forbidden to work with materials that are not on the list.
- The angle grinder is perfect for cutting materials such as cast iron, metal, steel, copper, aluminum, iron, titanium. You can cut stainless steel or galvanized.
- With the appropriate attachments, you can also work with plastics, ceramics, glass, plexiglass and porcelain.
- Stone, granite, marble, asphalt, concrete or wall made of it, brick, porcelain stoneware can also be processed by an angle grinder.
An angle grinder is useful if you need to cut water pipes or old heating.
One of the main factors that guarantee the quality of work is the right tooling. If you have any questions or want to purchase discs, please contact our managers at the specified phones. They will recommend suitable discs and advise you on all questions of interest.
How to choose the right discs
The circle has symbols that will help you choose the right circle.
When choosing discs, you need to know what they will be used for, pay attention to their diameter and thickness. These are the main parameters of the disks.
The smallest diameter is 125 mm, and the maximum, from the public, is 250 mm. In professional angle grinders, discs can be larger in diameter.
The thickness of the cut part and the maximum depth of cut depend on the diameter of the disc.
If you plan to cut only metal, you need to purchase a cutting disc. It has the smallest thickness from 1 to 1.2 mm, for industrial grinders up to 2.5 mm. This will ease the physical strain on the angle grinder and on the worker. The cut is neat.
If you plan a curly thread on thin metal, then it is done with a disc of the smallest diameter or an old, almost worn out disc.
Many people think that a diamond blade should be used to cut metal. This is a completely wrong opinion. The diamond disc will simply get stuck in the metal and will be unsuitable for further work.
Experts say that even beginners do not have any special difficulties in cutting metal with an angle grinder.
How to properly cut metal angle grinder. Practical tips and tricks
If long pipes rest on supports, the overhanging edge must be cut. If you cut them in the middle, then due to its own weight, the metal will bend and clamp the disc.
If you do not have the skills to handle an angle grinder, then before starting work, you should learn how to cut on unnecessary parts.
The cut-off wheel only accepts radial forces. Attempting to change the cutting plane while the blade is inside a metal piece will break.
The disc heel (near lower part of the circle) cuts metal more effectively.
In order for the angle grinder and discs to serve for a long time, you need to take a break for 20-30 minutes every 5-7 minutes of work. This rule is especially important for low-power grinders who are afraid of overheating.
To increase the service life of discs, especially expensive ones, and to cool the metal, the place of the cut should be watered. It is advisable to carry out the work together.
Aluminum is a very tough metal. When cutting a part of large thickness, kerosene must be dripped into the seam, observing fire safety rules.
For molding, cutting of sheet metal, curly carving, use spent stub discs, so do not throw them away immediately.
Correctly cut the corner not in one go, but separately both shelves.
If long enough pipes, corners, fittings lie on the supports, cut the hanging edge correctly. If you cut between the supports, the part will bend due to its own weight and jam the disc.
Thick parts are cut only in a straight line. If you need to cut out a curly part, straight-line cuts are made first, then the remaining unnecessary parts are removed.
Do not put pressure on the angle grinder. This will cause the blade to jam or break and overheat the angle grinder. If the cutting process is slow, the blade should be replaced.
The resulting cut should not be processed with the side of the disc. For this, a different type of disc is used.
Melted particles of metal and abrasive, falling on plastic products, glass and car headlights, get stuck in them, and then it is almost impossible to remove them. Therefore, before starting work, they must be removed or protected.
How to cut metal with an angle grinder
There is an opinion that the very concept of an angle grinder came into our use because this tool was first brought from Bulgaria. This is partly true. But they developed and began to produce it in Germany. He first came to us from Bulgaria, where they began to produce it in the seventies. Angle grinder correct tool name.
When working with an angle grinder, it is imperative to observe safety precautions, namely: wear glasses, gloves, a helmet and a protective apron.
The resulting sections can be grinded, polished, sharpened. A large selection of interchangeable attachments makes this tool irreplaceable and versatile.
At the same time, it is the most traumatic tool.
To cut metal, an angle grinder will need:
- Angle Grinder;
How to choose the right angle grinder
The angle grinder should fit comfortably in your hand.
The correct choice and quality of the angle grinder itself determines the quality of work and the safety of the worker.
When choosing a machine, one should be guided by its main parameters: power and diameter of the cutting abrasive wheel. Its weight is also important, since it is often necessary to work by weight, and its dimensions so that it is possible to perform work in inconvenient and hard-to-reach places.
At the sight of powerful grinders, most buyers are somewhat frightened that it is more difficult to cope with it than with a low-power one. This is a misconception. Low-power grinders are more likely to jam discs, i.E. They are physically unable to pull the disc under heavy loads. The situation of how the disk and the machine itself will behave after reducing the load is unpredictable. The angle grinder will most likely tear out of your hands. The consequence of this will be a break in the disc, damage to the machine and injury to the cutter. Therefore, it is better for novice craftsmen to purchase an angle grinder for a 125 mm disc with a power of 800-1000 W and a spindle speed of 10,000 rpm. This power is enough to cut iron.
For cutting metal, there are machines for a 115 mm disc powered by batteries, but, as practice shows, with their high cost in solving household problems, they do not justify themselves.
The handles of the angle grinder must be rubber or made of a material that will dampen vibrations from the machine.
But none of the technical characteristics reflect the convenience and safety in work. The angle grinder should lie comfortably and securely in your hand so that when working with metal you focus your attention on it, and not on how to hold the tool in your hands. It is desirable that the grips are rubber or vibration-damping material with finger recesses.
Low-powered grinders, as a rule, do not have an additional handle.
If you find any inconvenience when choosing, you should look for an angle grinder of another model.
Basic rules for safe work when cutting metal angle grinder
The layout of the most dangerous sectors during operation of the angle grinder, taking into account the rebound and destruction of the disc.
The most necessary condition for cutting is strict adherence to the rules of safe work.
Grinder manufacturers are constantly trying to minimize the risk of injury and injury by inventing and improving various protection systems. But no one cares about the worker like himself.
The main dangers that arise when cutting metal are the flight of fragments of a broken disk, the flow of sparks and the smallest abrasive particles, the inability to hold the tool in your hands.
If the disc breaks or gets jammed, the angle grinder can be pulled out of your hands at the most inopportune moment and with great force, therefore, before starting work, you should consider the direction of its possible movement.
Safety rules cannot be neglected even when performing small work.
Before starting work, you should:
- Protect face, eyes, hands, if possible and all body parts.
- Remove all combustible materials and objects that are in the direction of the emission of sparks.
- Clamp the workpiece to be machined in a vice, if possible. Do not hold the workpiece with your free hand or press with your feet.
- If a new disc is installed, you need to rotate its angle grinder at maximum speed, placing it further: the disc may be defective and fly to pieces.
- Install, adjust and secure the protective cover.
It is best to protect your face with a special face shield when working with an angle grinder.
During work, you should:
- When replacing discs during rest, disconnect the angle grinder from the mains.
- To protect eyes and face, use goggles or a face shield.Professionals use both for extended work.
- Hold the angle grinder firmly during all work.
- To replace a disk, you need to wait until it completely stops.
- Wear protective gloves. It is undesirable to use cotton gloves, they do not provide sufficient protection, they can ignite, and the threads wind up on the spindle of an angle grinder or disc.
- During work, you need to position yourself so that the face, and, if possible, all parts of the body are not in the plane of rotation of the disk.
At the end of the work, you should:
- Wait until the disc rotation has stopped completely and only then put the tool on the floor with the disc facing up so as not to damage it;
- Disconnect the angle grinder from the network;
- Make sure there is no smoke or other signs of fire.
A typical mistake that is made when cutting metal: if the diameter of the new circle is larger than the size of the protective cover, it is removed. The cover is a protection in case the disc breaks and shatters during the metal cutting process.
Instead of a disc, many people put cutters, saws or other scrap materials. Doing this is strictly prohibited.
Can I use an angle grinder to cut metal tiles and corrugated board?
At a time when they just started to use metal tiles and corrugated board, the instructions said that using an angle grinder for cutting these roofing materials is strictly prohibited. This is explained by the fact that on both sides they are protected with zinc and polymer coatings and painted.
The abrasive disc heats and melts the material. The sections are ragged. Flying sparks also break the paint. All this causes corrosion of the material and a reduction in service life.
Recently, however, builders have begun to use an angle grinder for this work. This greatly facilitates the work, it can be carried out directly on the roof. After cutting, the edges must be treated with anti-corrosion agents, primed and painted.
Correctly cutting metal with an angle grinder is easy. Everything can be learned. The main thing is to follow the safety rules and follow the recommendations.
How to make a sander from an angle grinder?
Such a question can be perplexing, because an angle grinder is an angle grinder. But it is very versatile and must be prepared for each operation. To prepare the angle grinder for grinding, you need to purchase a support wheel, which is installed directly on the machine shaft.
To process wood, you need to glue an emery cloth on this circle. The number of sandpaper is selected for the immediate moment of work. On sale you can find both a grinding wheel of the required diameter and emery wheels of the appropriate size. Velcro emery discs are also available, which are very easy and quick to change on the tool.
To convert our angle grinder to concrete grinder, it would be a good decision to purchase a special dust cover. It is good because it has a branch pipe for connecting a vacuum cleaner. The well-known casings are produced by Hilti. On the cover of this company there is a sliding sector that opens part of the wheel for grinding in the corners.
Grinding metal angle grinder is usually done with standard metal grinding wheels. They have different diameters, different thicknesses and different grains of the grinding surface. But, if you are going to grind an indecently rusted surface, then first you need to brush it over the metal. Such brushes of the required diameters are also on sale.
We work on concrete
If it was not possible to purchase a branded protective dust cover with a nozzle for a vacuum cleaner, then you can do it yourself. To do this, we take a used bucket from under putty or glue with a diameter slightly larger than the circle of an angle grinder. Cut off the bottom part at a height slightly larger than the assembled grinding part.
We cut a hole in the bottom for installation on the gearbox and a hole for a plastic plumbing corner bend. Now we connect the vacuum cleaner hose to the nozzle and work calmly.
The grinding wheel must be suitable for stone processing. Concrete and concrete surfaces are preferably sanded with the entire surface of the wheel. This will save machining time, and level the surface plane well.
When sanding a concrete floor, it is necessary to constantly monitor the plane with a construction ruler, because, due to the different density of concrete, indentations can be made. For the treatment of butt joints between concrete fillings, it will be sufficient to achieve one level combination.
Sand concrete floors and surfaces well with a Matrix diamond cup. If the angle grinder is 150 mm, then the cup is 125 mm.
Wood is a unique material. It can be sanded by hand quite well, but with an angle grinder you can achieve very good results. Some snobs argue that you can’t grind an angle grinder at all, but this is from ignorance and inability.
The main secret of the grinder is used at minimum speed. If the angle grinder has a speed switch, then there will be no problem. At high speeds, the sandpaper will clog very quickly and very tightly with wood. In this mode, it will not be enough for five minutes of work. Optimum speed no more than 6000 rpm.
Another secret is not to sand the entire wheel area. If you sand the entire surface, then circular marks will remain on the wood. So that no traces of sandpaper remain at all or they would be minimal, it is necessary to grind only with the upper sector of the circle. The movement of the machine should be along the grain of the wood.
With this method, you can get excellent results when sanding the lining. The board becomes smooth and does not retain tool marks. Do not just get carried away and change the emery pads on the circle in time.
The blockhouse is polished in a similar way. Here, it is desirable that the support plate is thin around the edge. With such a plate, it will be easier to sand narrow places where the logs meet. Otherwise, this work will have to be finished with a chisel.
How to grind an angle grinder different materials
Even if you purchase and install the necessary accessories on your angle grinder, it still means nothing. Processing different materials requires certain knowledge. Without this, it will be difficult to achieve the desired quality.
How to grind an angle grinder
Do not forget that sanding is always associated with a lot of dust. Do not forget about yourself when preparing for sanding! A face shield and a respirator are the best helpers when sanding. You can also find an option where the mask is combined with a good respirator.
The respirator filter will clog up very quickly, so you need to prepare several pieces at once for quick replacement. Only after thorough preparatory work can you start grinding.
Grinding metal surfaces
Metal is ground according to different requirements. Most often, the metal is ground for painting or for further polishing. The main tool is recognized as a support cup with replaceable emery pads. The selection of sandpaper depends on the degree of processing and on the state of the metal.
When sanding, you only need to work with part of the disc. There should be no untreated areas on the surface.
It is advisable to prime the treated surfaces of ordinary steel with a primer. Moisture in the air can quickly coat metal and cause rust.
How to cut tiles, ceramics, granite, tiles
A feature of these materials is a large amount of dust and the possibility of chips during the cutting process. It is important here to approach the preparatory process correctly. If it is impossible to avoid the formation of dust, then it is quite possible to reduce the risk of chips to a minimum.
To avoid chipping when cutting tiles, need to be soaked in water. This step reduces the temperature of the material in time, which is the main cause of destruction. It will also allow not only to cut the tiles without chips, but also cut out the necessary fragments. Approximately according to this principle, tiles are cut.
There is also an alternative way. In this case, you will need to operate the stone cut-off wheel. Using such a circle practically eliminates the formation of cracks and chips.
Cutting porcelain stoneware is more difficult, as this material is thicker and stronger. The best solution in this case would be to use a stone circle:
- Make a contour cut along the contour line. Then again, until the not cut thickness of the product becomes less than the cut;
- Slide the product to the edge of the table;
- Break the porcelain stoneware tiles with a sharp but not violent movement.
Features angle grinder Dnipro-M
Angle grinders manufacturing Dnipro-M have increased security measures. By purchasing a branded angle grinder, you can be sure of their quality.
- Automatically triggers during long-term operation power button lock apparatus;
- Elimination of vibration from uneven wear of the disc due to its balancing;
- Auto engine shutdown with surges or surges in voltage;
- Engine cooling function;
- Almost instantaneous shutdown of the angle grinder in case of jamming of the device;
- Dust extraction system.
In addition, it will not be superfluous to highlight such features of the Dnipro-M grinders as: a rubberized handle, which is very conveniently located, additional engine protection by means of a triple varnish coating, as well as low weight and ergonomic design of each presented model.
How to cut an angle grinder metal
Cutting metal with an angle grinder is a rather complicated process. Approach him competently.
The working wheel should be selected depending on the thickness of the sheet metal. You will also need to choose a rotation speed that is optimal for the job, and cut strictly according to the drawn lines. As you approach the end of the tile, sink the angle grinder a little, so that the cut border does not have a bevel.
Start off corrugated board cutting process you can absolutely from any edge. If necessary, the cut can also be started from the middle. The only caveat here concerns thin metal when cutting it, a ragged cut is formed on the reverse side. To avoid injury and to ensure cleanliness, it is recommended to grind such a cut.
Don’t know how to cut pipe angle grinder? Any metal pipe is equal to a sheet of metal and does not require additional skills. The whole difference here lies only in the shape of the product itself.
Cutting reinforced concrete can cause some difficulty. It’s almost the same as cutting metal though. A diamond disc is suitable for these purposes. A quick tip to start cutting at a depth of about 1 cm. If there are no problems with your angle grinder, continue the operation. The depth of each subsequent cut should be no more than 1.5 cm.
How to cut wood, plywood, chipboard
Despite many questions and attempts to cut wood products from an angle grinder, many experts do not recommend using this tool for such work, but take other tools for these purposes, jigsaws, circular saws, etc. This is due to the high degree of danger in the process of performing such work.
Among the causes of increased danger, the most important are:
- The likelihood of a large amount of wood being captured by the teeth of the disc, which will lead to a sharp slip of the tool from the hands;
- Heating of the disc during cutting, which leads to its fragility. In this case, even a slight skew becomes the cause of the destruction of the disk, which is why its small pieces will fly apart;
- There is a high probability of soldering disconnection, which can lead to injury to the master.
Now there is a wide variety of special tools for woodworking. So why risk your own life?
Can plexiglass be cut with an angle grinder?
Thanks to the angle grinder, you can effortlessly cut the plexiglass. For this operation, it is quite an ordinary circle will suffice on ceramics.
It is necessary to make a contour cut, and then deepen it. The cut glass will need to be moved to the edge of the table and broken. Remember to cut this material carefully so as not to damage it.
What can you grind an angle grinder
Despite the fact that the angle grinder is primarily intended specifically for grinding, it must be prepared separately for each operation. A support circle mounted on the tool shaft significantly contributes to correct and safe work.
To work wood on a platter, you need stick the emery wheel. Sandpaper is selected for the material purely individually. This is done by the number of the paper itself. The modern assortment makes it easy to find a circle of the required diameter and size. An additional convenience is the presence of Velcro on the emery wheel, which allows you to quickly change them to an angle grinder.
Angle grinder made possible light grinding of concrete. For this purpose, it is recommended to purchase a protective cover. He will protect the master from flying dust. Also, such a casing has a branch pipe for connecting a vacuum cleaner.
A standard metal grinding wheel is ideal for grinding metals. Such a nozzle has different diameters, thicknesses and different grains of the grinding surface. Note, if you plan to sand a really rusted surface, then first you should go over it with a metal brush.