How To Cut Ceiling Corners
How to make a miter box without the help of specialists
If you do not have a miter box, but you know that you can use it to prepare ideal angles, then make this device yourself.
To do this, you will need:
- three small boards;
- hacksaw for metal.
Make a small U-shaped tray with cuts that form the corners necessary for your task. The main thing is not to rush, carefully check your incisions (preferably with a protractor) and make sure that your structure is stable.
If you know how to cut a corner of a ceiling plinth, but for this you need a device that allows you to cut off non-standard corners on fillets (another name for plinths), make the necessary tool with your own hands.
To do this, you need to connect two rectangular boards with the letter “G”, and make cuts on one of them. On paper, using a protractor, you need to draw a mowing line so that they form the necessary angles with one of the boards. The device is ready, it remains only to test its functionality in practice.
As a last resort, you can always find some thing that will help you cut off a part of the baseboard at the right angle (book, table pushed against the wall, etc.).
An important point! When making measurements, keep in mind that for the outer corner of the ceiling plinth you need to take a margin equal to its width (fillets, in this case, protrude outward).
Docking the skirting board
Having studied the information provided in detail, you will be able to answer the question of how to cut a ceiling plinth using different methods of solving this problem. But besides this, you need to know effective ways to connect the planks.
One of the ways (which has already been mentioned) is based on the use of connecting elements.
They are available for external corners, for internal corners, as well as for connecting skirting boards in straight sections. A very convenient way to save time, and in some cases, financial resources.
Even experienced specialists will not be able to mount skirting boards for ceilings so that everything is perfectly smooth and beautiful.
In order for the quality of the work performed to be at the highest level, you must use the following recommendations:
- on straight sections of the plinth, you need to connect so that one part slightly covers the other;
- after applying glue at the junction, the remains must be wiped off;
- all gaps between different parts or between the skirting boards and the ceiling / walls must be sealed with a sealant (alternatively, putty with water-based paint).
How to cut a ceiling plinth without special tools
If you do not have a miter box and the desire to make it using the above recommendations, try to cut the plinth without using a special tool.
To do this, you need to attach the fillet to the ceiling (only the way it will be fixed) and draw the line.
A similar operation is carried out with another wall forming an angle. The intersection of the two lines will show you where to cut off a piece of the ceiling plinth. To do this, you must once again attach the plank to the ceiling and draw the line from the specified point to the end of the plinth, to the lower corner.
If you need to prepare material for the outer corner, use the following algorithm:
- On the right side, a plinth is applied to the ceiling and a fishing line is drawn along it.
- A similar operation is carried out on the left side of the corner.
- On the plinth, you need to make two marks: the place where the corner of the room passes and the point of intersection of your lines.
- After connecting these points, you will receive the necessary cutting line.
Among the main disadvantages of the presented method, it is necessary to highlight the fact that sometimes there are significant errors, the cause of which can be: a human factor, a bad pencil or an uneven ceiling / walls.
How to cut a corner on a skirting board: professional advice
The appearance of the ceiling in your home, apartment or office largely depends on the choice and installation of ceiling plinths. It is not only the color, material, width and other parameters of the presented elements of the decoration of the premises that play a role, but also how they are prepared and mounted.
In order to prevent irreparable mistakes in the process of fixing the planks, you need to know the answer to the question: how to cut a corner on a ceiling plinth without asking professionals for help.
Material for the production of ceiling slats
The first skirting boards were made of plaster. But they did not last long on the building materials market (the main reason is the high cost of gypsum skirting boards), giving way to products made of foam, wood and expanded polystyrene.
Before proceeding with a detailed analysis of the question of how to correctly cut a corner on the ceiling plinth, it is necessary to find out what the features of each category of the presented products are.
Polyfoam is the most economically profitable material for the manufacture of ceiling plinths. The main advantages of this product category are:
- low cost;
- looks great on the ceiling;
- it is not difficult to choose skirting boards that harmoniously fit into the interior of almost any room;
- well cut;
- these skirting boards are easy to work with.
There is also a “reverse side of the coin”. foam products break easily, but many experienced experts argue that this fact is not a serious problem (the skirting board is not physically affected on the ceiling).
Even if you do not know how to properly cut the corners of the ceiling plinth, you can practice on products from the category presented (cut pieces, etc.).
Expanded polystyrene, which is used as a material for the production of ceiling skirting boards, is stronger than polystyrene, but this criterion negatively affects the cost of products.
The main advantages of the presented category of skirting boards are their high strength, long service life and the ability, without strong physical efforts, to cut off the corners you need.
Wood products are more expensive and look more solid than the above products. But the presented category of ceiling plinths is difficult to machine.
In order to cut off a corner, you will not only have to work with a hacksaw (experienced experts recommend using a blade for metal), but also eliminate irregularities using sandpaper.
The question of cutting the corners of the ceiling plinth must be solved taking into account the materials that are used for their production. For example, to prepare foam products, you can use an ordinary clerical knife, which will be a poor helper if you are installing wooden baseboards.
Preparing corners with a miter box
Builders, joiners and renovators are well aware of this device.
Miter box. a special wooden tool with slots, in the form of an inverted “P”, which allows you to cut a board or plinth so that an angle of 45 or 90 degrees is obtained.
In addition to this device, you will need a stationery knife, a hacksaw for metal and a sandpaper if you work with wooden skirting boards.
The preparation of the corners should be carried out without undue physical effort, so as not to damage the skirting board.
Experienced experts recommend adhering to the following procedure:
- At the bottom of the miter box, you need to lay the side that will contact the ceiling, and the lower part is pressed against the right wall.
- The adjacent corner is prepared in the same way, but the plinth is applied to the left wall / slot.
- The resulting cuts are applied to the corner, if you have a large gap, trim the irregularities with a clerical knife.
- In the case when a small gap is observed between the prepared skirting boards, remove it after fixing all the elements using a putty.
To do this, it is enough to cut the planks at right angles and then insert them into the connecting element. But this solution to the issue cannot always be applied in practice.
Very often the connecting part looks ridiculous, stands out strongly against the general background and spoils the appearance of the room.
The main disadvantage of preparing skirting boards using a miter box is the fact that this method is only suitable for rooms where the angle between the walls is 90 degrees.
Any deviations or irregularities can prevent you from performing this work efficiently. And one more advice from experts.
If you have no experience in preparing skirting corners, practice on scraps or unusable material before proceeding with this task.
A few tips from experts
If you are interested in the question of how to cut corners on a ceiling plinth, from a theoretical point of view, or you plan to make repairs in the indefinite future, then you should remember some tips:
- making repairs indoors, make sure that all the elements not only create an overall beautiful picture, but also “dock” with each other;
- you should not buy wooden skirting boards if you do not know how to work with it;
- fix the planks only after they are fully prepared (you are unlikely to be able to clean up irregularities on the glued ceiling plinth);
- installation of ceiling strips should be carried out, starting from the corners, according to the principle: “from complex to simple”;
- when buying ceiling plinths, take the material with a margin (not only taking into account possible errors, but also to compensate for losses on uneven walls).
Practice shows that trimming the ceiling plinth, despite the complexity of this process from the position of beginners, after “passing” several corners, is perceived much easier. But doing similar work in a room with rounded corners can be a major challenge, even for professionals.
Typically, these problems are solved using a method that is based on the creation of “patches” where the bottom is wider than the top. This work requires perseverance, a good eye and accuracy.
After a detailed study of the question of how to cut the ceiling plinth in the corners, even a person without experience in this field of activity will be able to independently perform this task at home.
As a result, you will not only save money, but also get moral satisfaction after the repair work.
Fillet cutting for inner corner
Internal corners are always present in rooms. so you will definitely have to deal with them when installing skirting boards on the ceiling. In this case, when cutting a baguette, we follow the algorithm:
- we measure the required length of the workpiece by attaching it to the ceiling at the place of future installation;
- we place the bar in the miter box along the near wall so that its location coincides with how it will be mounted on the ceiling;
- holding the plinth, we put the cutting tool in the groove with an inclination of 45 ° and cut the workpiece without unnecessary pressure;
- we do the same actions in a mirror image for the second, adjacent bar. For the convenience of cutting, you can turn the miter box with the bar installed in it to the desired hand.
Knowing how to properly cut out the inner corner on the ceiling plinth with a miter box, you can easily arrange more complex ones. outer corners.
Position of the left bar for the inner corner with the direction of pressure when cutting Right bar position for the inner corner with rotation for easy cutting Cutting the left inner bar Cutting the right inner bar h3 2,0,0,0,0.-
How to properly cut a corner on a ceiling plinth
Ceiling plinth, also known as fillet, frieze or baguette, is a finishing material that is used at the final stage of renovating a room. At the same time, it not only masks possible irregularities of the upper edge of the wallpaper or peeling of plaster near the ceiling, but also acts as a decorative element, giving completeness and uniqueness to the space.
Ceiling plinth with internal and external corners
Many people install the ceiling frieze in their apartment on their own, without involving masters. This job is not that difficult if you know how to choose the tools and cut the corner correctly on the skirting board. The main thing when working with a ceiling molding:
- take into account the peculiarity of the material from which the fillet is made;
- have the right tools and use them correctly;
- know the intricacies of step-by-step work.
When installing friezes, you need to prepare the necessary tools to perfectly cut the skirting board and fit the ceiling frieze to the corners of the room. To trim the baguette, a miter box and cutting tools are used: knives (carpentry and ordinary), hacksaws, saws. When handling each of them, it is necessary to take into account the features of the device and the subtleties of application.
The miter box is a device that guides the cutting tool blade with the required inclination. It is specially designed for cutting materials that are then mounted at a specific angle. Structurally, it can be conventional and tilt-rotary, or precision. They are visually different, but the principle of operation is the same.
Different types of miter boxes Plastic miter boxes with clamps
An ordinary miter box is a U-shaped tray made most often of plastic. It also comes in metal or wood. There are slots in its walls for guiding the cutting tool at a given angle to the base. This variety has a template type and cannot be adjusted: the material is cut at standard angles (normal or negative), which are structurally embedded in the grooves. When choosing a miter box, you need to look so that it should be wider than the workpiece for cutting. To fix the material in the device, a clamp or special pins can be used. if the structure has perforations for their installation. Usually, the workpieces in it are simply held by the free hand.
Plain plastic miter box Plain wooden miter box
Swivel, or precision miter box. by adjusting to any angle of inclination, it allows you to cut at an angle and get a simultaneous saw cut in two planes at once. It is a professional tool that is rarely used under normal conditions.
Swivel miter box with hacksaw Precision (swivel) miter box
Saw. Recommended mainly for hard wood skirting boards. Using the saw on soft materials such as styrofoam and polystyrene is not always a good idea. The cut from the saw turns out to be rough and requires additional grinding with sandpaper or a file.
A hacksaw is a widely used cutting tool for cutting a baguette. It is necessary to carefully approach its choice: the canvas must correspond to the size of the slots in the miter box. be of sufficient thickness and width. When working with a hacksaw, it is necessary to observe the inclination of the tool so as not to damage the miter box and observe the correct direction. At the same time, the cut of the part often turns out to be not very smooth and sometimes requires alignment and grinding.
Construction knife. makes it easy to cut soft foam fillet. It is not difficult for them to work, and the cut turns out to be even and smooth. Instead of a construction knife, it is permissible to use an ordinary knife. the main thing is that it is of sufficient sharpness and length.
Cutting tool h2 22.214.171.124.0.-
Trim skirting in miter box
The miter box is one of the most important tools when processing a baguette, allowing you to make cuts on the skirting board with the desired slope for an even joint. Consider the features of working with fillets using this device.
In order to correctly and evenly cut the ceiling plinth with a miter box in the corners, you must follow certain rules.
- Cutting workpieces with a miter box is only suitable for 90 ° right angles.
- When cutting a baguette intended for the ceiling, it is applied and sawn on the inner side of the miter box closest to you.
- The workpiece is installed in such a position as it will be mounted later on the ceiling.
- Cutting is carried out on the front side of the baguette.
- The side that is subsequently glued to the ceiling must press firmly against the bottom of the tray when cutting.
- It is recommended to use a specific cutting tool for each type of material: a hacksaw or knives are good for cutting soft materials such as foam, a saw is preferable for wood.
Ceiling corners can be internal and external, or external, therefore there are differences in the preparation of the baguette, which consist in the methods of joining the planks and different inclination of the cuts. To make it easier to work with the miter box, it is useful to make visual clues on it in the form of small stickers with inscriptions, as shown below.
Miter box with tips for easier work Angle types
The main attention should be paid to the accuracy of cutting workpieces at the desired angle. It is recommended to start working from the inner corner and then work to the outer corner. Otherwise, it is possible that the length of the baguette will not be enough. Schematically, the cutting steps look like the figures below.
Cutting scheme for adjacent skirting boards for inner corners Cutting scheme for adjacent baseboards for outer corners h3 1,0,0,0,0.-
Materials for ceiling plinths
Ceiling moldings can be of various widths, have a convex pattern on the front side and special recesses for engineering systems on the back side. Fillets are made in a specialized production from polystyrene, its varieties. expanded polystyrene, polyurethane and wood.
Polyfoam is the most affordable finishing material. Its positive qualities: light weight, ease of cutting and processing, the possibility of finishing by painting in any color. Negative point. granularity and low strength. even a slight mechanical damage can disrupt the integrity of the foam surface.
Varieties of foam plinth Foam plinth on the ceiling
Expanded polystyrene is a more durable type of foam. It is also light in weight and in processing, but it has a higher density and a smooth surface, is more resistant to mechanical damage, and lends itself well to staining. These two materials, due to their low weight, exert little stress on the load-bearing walls.
Ceiling plinth made of expanded polystyrene Baguette painted to match the wall
How to Cut Crown Molding Inside Corners
Wood is the hardest and most impact-resistant of all fillet materials. Products made from it retain their appearance longer and are able to withstand significant mechanical stress. In the style of some interiors, it is wooden friezes that are most applicable. Wood ennobles the room and fills it with warmth. However, it has a higher price than previous materials.
Different types of baguettes made of wood Wooden fillet in the interior
Products made of polystyrene, as well as expanded polystyrene, have an advantage over wood. The softness of the material makes it possible to press the baguette as tightly as possible against the wall, ceiling and each other. therefore, there are no gaps. It is possible to achieve excellent joining of the plinth on not perfectly flat walls if you use a not wide foam or expanded polystyrene fillet.
Fillet cutting for outer corner
Outside corners in a room are not so common, but they require particularly careful cutting of fillets and precise joining of their sides. Unlike the internal ones, small gaps in the external ones are more noticeable and difficult to hide. You also need to take into account some peculiarities when working with external corners. It’s easy to do, following certain rules:
- parts of the frieze should protrude slightly from the edge of the wall, forming a small margin;
- we measure the bar by attaching it to the ceiling as it will be glued in the future;
- we place the frieze in the miter box, pressing it against the wall closest to you;
- insert a hacksaw or other suitable cutting tool into a groove with an angle of 45 °, and cut off the workpiece without unnecessary pressure;
The location of the left outer strap in the miter box
- we put the adjacent bar to the nearest wall of the miter box and, holding it, insert a hacksaw or other tool into the groove at an angle of 45 °. For the convenience of work, we unfold the miter box with the workpiece “under the arm”;
- we do the same as in the previous case. carefully and evenly cut the fillet.
Position of the right outer bar in the miter box with rotation for easy cutting Cutting the left outer bar Cutting the right outer bar
It remains to join the cut baguette strips and check the cutting accuracy. Taking the cut pieces of the baguette in pairs, we join them, forming an inner or outer corner. If the cutting of the planks was carried out accurately and accurately, then the edges of the adjacent planks will ideally coincide with each other.
Fitting the skirting board for the inner corner Fitting the skirting board for the outer corner
In the presence of small irregularities and roughness, it is allowed to work on them with a sharp knife, clean them with a file or emery paper fixed on a bar.
Precise baguette fit
The layout shows how a properly cut and mounted fillet will look in finished form on the inner and outer corners.
Inner skirting board on the layout Outer skirting board on the layout
Following all the rules and principles of working with special tools when preparing fillets, you can easily independently install any ceiling skirting boards.
How to cut skirting boards to the ceiling: corners
Today it is impossible to imagine the interior of a residential building or apartment without skirting boards. The skirting board covers the irregularities of the suspended ceiling or wallpaper, cracks and imperfections in the walls, and gives the interior completeness. But how to make the skirting board perfectly fit in the most important place. in the corner? There are several ways.
Using a miter box
Factory made miter box
The miter box has a recess for a cut-off board or plinth and saw slots at an angle of 45 and 90 degrees. You will need to cut the skirting board at a 45 degree angle.
To cut the skirting board with this device, you need to follow these steps.
- We apply the plinth to the future attachment point.
- We mark where we will cut.
- We put the plinth in the gutter of the miter box so that the lower part is pressed against the surface of the device, and the part that will be greased with glue “looks” up.
- Cut off the area by inserting the saw into one of the 45-degree holes.
- We correct the cuts with a knife or the same saw (remove irregularities).
How to cut the corners of a ceiling plinth with a miter box
Then the skirting board can be glued in place.
How to cut a skirting board without a miter box?
The easiest way is to draw the future cut line on paper (cardboard, wallpaper), and then, attaching the baseboard blank to it, cut.
To do this, you first need to attach the skirting board blank to the paper and draw two parallel mowing lines that will mark the sides of the skirting board. Then, using a protractor, you will have to measure 45 degrees and draw the line of the future cut. Then the drawing is used in the same way as the miter box: a blank is placed on it and the excess is sawn off along the mowing line.
How to cut the corners of a skirting board without a miter box
The disadvantage of this method is that the saw will have to be held on weight, focusing on the drawing, and not inserted into a prepared slot.
It happens that the room has not only internal, but also external corners, which also need to be pasted over with a plinth (see photo). How to do it? There are several ways here as well. The easiest way, as is the case with the inner corners, is to cut them with a miter box. The outer joints must be cut so that the side that will be glued to the ceiling is on the surface of the miter box, and the side pressed against the wall is facing the wall of the fixture.
As with the inside corners, you can also use in-place markings, that is, draw the line on the ceiling. Here, the technology is exactly the same as that used for the inner corners.
You can use the markings on the wall by attaching a workpiece and drawing a fishing line along its lower edge (see photo).
If the outer corner turns out to be too rounded, you can finish the joint with a knife.
Trimming the ceiling plinth. External and internal corners
To the point where they converge, the line is drawn directly along the future part of the connection. From the point on the ceiling to the second one. The resulting marking will be the line along which you need to saw off or cut off the connecting parts. Using these techniques, you no longer need to wonder how to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth.
How to make a miter box yourself?
If desired, the miter box can be made at home. It can be crafted from wood or iron. The dimensions of the workpiece do not play a special role, but the wider it is, the more accurate your cuts will be. However, if the width is greater than the length of the hacksaw, with which you will cut the baseboards or boards, then it will be extremely inconvenient to saw, so you do not need to take a workpiece that is too wide.
First, a transverse straight line is marked in the center of the workpiece. Then, marks are made at a distance of 1/2 the width of the workpiece from the intersection of the straight line with the edges of the workpiece. Then these marks are connected crosswise, as shown in the figure.
Wooden miter box, fastened with self-tapping screws
Next, the process of marking the side walls of the miter box begins. Attach them to the already marked base and make marks based on the base markings. Then draw straight lines from these marks across the entire wall.
The scheme of making a wooden miter box
After that, the process of mounting the miter box begins. The walls must be attached to the base with self-tapping screws if the fixture is made of wood or chipboard or corners with bolts if it is made of steel. Only after installation in the miter box are sawed slots for the saw.
After making the slots, the miter box is ready. If you have a large amount of work or want to carry out repairs regularly (on a professional basis), this simple device can speed up the process of cutting skirting boards by 5-10 times.
Install Wall Angle at Ceiling Height | Armstrong Ceiling Solutions
If the angle is not right
Unfortunately, in some cases the angle between the walls in the room is not straight, but sharp, or, conversely, obtuse. This is due to structural defects that have arisen through the fault of non-professional builders, the architect’s idea or the result of soil subsidence some time after the construction of the building. This is especially common in village houses and summer cottages.
House plan with sharp and outer corners
No miter box or a drawing replacing it will help in this case, and you will have to do the markup in place.
- Attach the workpiece to one of the walls so that it rests against the other wall with its end.
- Run the line on the ceiling along the workpiece.
- Perform the same operation against another wall.
- At the intersection of the two lines, put a mark on the workpiece itself.
- Draw the line from the mark to the corner of the workpiece and cut along it.
- Do the same with the workpiece, which you will attach to another wall.
- Glue both blanks; they will come together tightly.
Using factory corners. an alternative to cutting and sawing
PVC ceiling molding corners
The disadvantage of corner pieces is that they are actually and visually larger than the baseboard, which will make the corner noticeable. This can ruin the look of the room. It is also inconvenient to use the corners where the walls do not join strictly at an angle of ninety degrees. But most of the time they look great.
Choosing a cutting tool
Before making corners on the ceiling plinths, you need to find out what building material the fillets are made of:
- Expanded polystyrene. This material is extremely brittle and crumbles easily. Its advantage lies in its affordable price for many consumers. When working with expanded polystyrene, due to its fragility, use a knife or hacksaw. In this case, you cannot make strong pressing, you need to do the work as carefully and slowly as possible, otherwise the plinth will break.
- Polyvinyl chloride. Products made from it are inexpensive, but they also need to be handled with care. PVC skirting boards are highly electrostatic and therefore strongly attract dust. To cut such products, use a hacksaw or knife.
- Extruded polystyrene foam. Fillets made of this material are durable and reliable, but their cost is higher than previous samples. They are not easy to break and do not crumble when cut. When making a choice with what tool and how to cut corners from this material on the ceiling plinths, it is best to use a construction knife or hacksaw, which are designed to work with metal products.
- Wood. The most durable type of these products is made from wood. These reliable products are the most difficult to work with due to the high resistance of the material to physical stress. Wooden skirting boards are cut with a hacksaw, and with small teeth.
- Polyurethane. It is used to produce durable skirting boards for ceiling surfaces. They have a big drawback. polyurethane products do not react well to temperature changes and are sensitive to heat or cold. These nuances must be taken into account before trimming the ceiling plinth in the corners.
There are special fittings on sale that facilitate the installation of fillets. These are the corners for the ceiling plinth. They help hide all kinds of errors that arise during installation. You just need to insert the baseboards into these corners. You just need to cut the fillet at a right angle. The corner will cover the existing errors.
Manual trimming of skirting boards
If it is not possible to work with the miter box, a different method should be used. Before making a corner on the ceiling plinth, it is advisable to practice on a fillet dummy. You can use trimming products left over from previous work.
According to experts, trimming the skirting board without using a miter box is more accurate, since it allows you to more accurately and correctly outline the angle to be created. In this way, it is more convenient to create an inner corner at the ceiling plinth. There are also disadvantages to manual trimming. it is difficult to keep a wooden or polyurethane fillet in weight when taking measurements.
The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- With a pre-prepared tool, two workpieces are cut at a right angle.
- Then the plank is applied to the ceiling so that it rests against the wall, which is perpendicular to the plinth. Using a pencil directly on the ceiling surface, draw a dumbbell contour mowing line.
- They do the same with the adjacent bar and in the same way lean it against the ceiling and draw a fishing line with a pencil.
- After that, you need to carefully look at the resulting image. The point of intersection of the lines will become the place where the skirting board should be cut. It doesn’t hurt to play it safe. For this, both dumbbells are reapplied to the ceiling and on the products themselves, a place for trimming is indicated. From this place to the other end of the plinth, a fishing line is drawn. Then, according to all the marks applied, fillets are cut.
- After the trimming process is completed, they are joined together and applied to the ceiling where installation is planned.
If after the outside corner is made. the ceiling plinth looks uneven, there are gaps, gaps or other errors, you should not rush and redo all the work. A sealant or putty will help to eliminate the shortcomings. They can quickly and accurately fill the existing voids without spoiling the appearance of the fillet.
Methods for cutting skirting boards
After all the preparations are completed, the fillet material is selected, it remains only to cut them beautifully so that you do not have to redo all the work again. You can use one of the cutting methods: with or without a miter box. The easiest of these is the first option.
Corners on ceiling fillets are internal and external. Before starting the work, you need to figure out how to properly cut the ceiling plinth.
Self-made miter box
If you have the skills to work with drawings, you can try to make a handy tool out of paper with your own hands. To do this, you need to prepare cardboard, whatman paper or other paper, a protractor, a pencil.
The template is made in the following sequence:
- First, two parallel mowing lines are drawn and the place where their center is located.
- Then use a protractor, putting all the necessary angles on paper with it.
- Also, before you cut the corner of the ceiling plinth, you should check the distance between the walls using a special corner and measure them with a protractor.
- Fillets are cut off only after the completion of all manipulations. We must not forget that the right side of the part is cut off from the left side, and the left, respectively, from the right side. As for the miter box, in it the details are placed the other way around. Right side. on the left and left on the right.
Appointment of the ceiling plinth
Its main functions:
- Aesthetic. The skirting board covers irregularities and joints, making the transition from the ceiling surface to the walls smooth and beautiful, thanks to which it takes on a complete shape.
- Decorative. Manufacturers produce different types of skirting boards. Many of them are excellent looking and able to attract the eye. For this reason, fillets can be a decoration of the interior of a room, giving it uniqueness, style and originality.
But the process of how to make a plinth on the ceiling is not easy. The main difficulty lies in finishing the corners. It is rarely possible to execute it the first time. But you need to complete the work so that the corners look organic, and their elements are tightly joined together.
Before making the corners on the ceiling plinth, you will need to select a set of tools, consisting of:
- rulers or tape measures;
- miter box;
The most complex models of the miter box allow you to do this work in any direction and at different angles due to the presence of rotating blades.
How to make a corner on a skirting board. step by step guide
After repairing the ceiling, its appearance will be unfinished, if you do not install baseboards or otherwise fillets. They will help hide minor imperfections and decorate rooms. Corner skirting boards made correctly are a handy addition when you need to make the corners perfect. The most difficult thing in the process of their installation is joining.