How to cut concrete tiles with a corner grinder. Safety precautions
How to cut paving slabs?
When laying paving slabs, cutting material is inevitable. this is the only way to form a path or an original ornament, a pattern. The complexity of the work is due to their scale, paving stones, its shape and density.
In addition, concrete for the construction of street platforms is interspersed with crushed stone of various diameters, which also affects its density. The thickness of the street coating is 20–80 mm. The totality of introductory data affects the choice of tool.
Features of the initial stage: how much to take tiles
The question of the amount of material purchased is simple. it is enough to know the size of the site covered with tiles. As a rule, the number of facing units in a square meter is indicated when selling. One tenth or fifteen part is added to it to form the correct edges, or in case of battle.
For example, for a 20 square meter site. m take 22–23 sq. m of tiles simple (square or rectangular) shape. If the material is made in the form of rounded, original figures, or a certain ornament is planned, then the tiles will be required more.
Recommendations for choosing a corner grinder
It is preferable to use a small angular grinder with the ability to adjust the speed. Small weight will more accurately conduct operations. High power during cutting is not required. For any operations with tiles, a power of up to 1 kW is quite enough.
But the speed of rotation in some operations is desirable to reduce. Reducing the speed of rotation will reduce the likelihood of chips, cracking tiles.
When choosing a corner grinder, it is recommended to pay attention to the possibility of speed control. In the figure, an example of a control regulator close.up.
A corner grinder for 125 mm disks is optimal for a seat. In general, you can cut off a circle with any diameter. Reducing the speed of rotation is critical in certain situations, which will be described below. The smaller the cut.out circle, the more jewelry operations can be carried out, on the other hand, a small cutting circle is ineffectively use for a large amount of work. the circle will quickly grind. From a powerful, heavy tool, muscle voltage quickly appears and as a result, accuracy and accuracy decreases.
Summarizing, it is better for the purposes of working with tiles of a medium.sized tool with an adjustable speed speed.
Choice of a disk
Generally speaking, you can cut off any circle. The question is another, how to cut off with a given level of quality, minimal difficulties and expenses. The first disk that came under the arm can leave too many chips, break the tiles or quickly fail. But in case of extreme need and without complaints about quality, you can cut it so.
Advice! For cutting tiles with corner grinders, it is recommended to use only steel discs with diamond spraying with a thickness of 2 mm.
Disks with a diamond circle of smaller thickness are used in machines. When using them with a manual tool, the likelihood of shock and jerks increases, which leads to damage to the cladding, destruction of the disk.
Dias with diamond spraying release several types:
- Segmented. The surface of the disk is divided into equal segments. Diamond spraying is applied to the cutting edge. During work, thanks to the slots, partial cooling of the disk occurs. note! Such cooling only increases the term of continuous work (maximum up to 1.5 minutes). Then you need to take the tool and give the disk to cool (20. 30 seconds. at idle). Discs are intended for dry cutting;
- Solid. Full circle with diamond chips applied to the edge. Intended for working with water cooling. It is convenient to process the edge of the cut tiles, segmented for this is not suitable for this disk. The cut after such a disk is more accurate. For cooling, you can periodically moisten the tile, use a spray gun or cool more often. The speed of work will be noticeably lower;
- Combined. Universal discs for dry and wet cutting. Lose in terms of cooling with segmented, in terms of the quality of the cut continuous.
An example of diamond cutting circles: segmented, continuous, combined.
To reduce chips, it is desirable that the height of diamond spraying is greater than the thickness of the material that is cut.
When working, it is important to monitor the state of the disk. With the slightest damage, the disk changes. Otherwise, the work with a defective disk will lead to chips, the destruction of the tiles or to the traumatic destruction of the disk itself. (As a variant of minor defects. the appearance of sparking during cutting. There should not be sparks, a spark means that a metal base is touched, which means either a diamond spray or a metal osuysin, chips are either emerged. You can try to hide a defect on stone, plaster, concrete. If sparking continues, it is recommended to change the disk).
Quite a lot of different qualities and various purposes are produced. In addition to types, thickness and heights of spraying, the density of spraying, the size of the applied diamond particles is important. For cutting tiles with corner grinders, such parts may not be very much affected, but when cutting thick floor tiles, dense ceramics, especially porcelain tiles. the choice of disk can become critical. In these cases, it is recommended to try several discs on pieces of material and choose the best option.
Before any operations, thorough measurements are carried out and lines are applied to the material along which it is required to cut off the excess. It is recommended to use markers different from tiles, as a simple pencil does not leave traces on the surface well. It is even better to carefully reign the fishing line for the trimmer (for example, glass cutting), since a lot of dust is formed and when shaking you can simply erase the drawn fishing line for the trimmer.
This is the easiest cut. A corner grinder of any kind can be produced, regardless of the material: porcelain tile, ceramics, tiles. At the same time, making a perfectly straight cut with a manual electric tool represents a certain complexity. Therefore, they resort to small tricks.
If the cut quality does not matter much (closed with skirting boards, for example), then you can cut it with your foot on the tile or putting on a rough surface (your own weight of the tile is enough so that it does not move during the operation). In any other case, reliable fixation is required. To do this, it is most convenient to use any clamps. Clamp tiles or fragment is attached to the surface (table, a piece of plywood, wood-bruise, etc.D.). For small cuts, you can use a workbench, for cutting along the entire length of the workbench is not very convenient.
Some methods that improve the quality of the cut:
- To obtain accurate cut, a steel tape or steel corner is attached along the line. You can fix it on the tiles with the same clamps. Then cuts are cut directly along the corner. The disk is carried out at a slight angle (10. 15º) to the steel mount.
To get a direct cut, the tile is cut along the fixed metal corner.
Advice! It is not necessary to completely cut off the piece. It is enough to make a deep incision (2/3 of the thickness is enough even when cut off at the very edge), and then break off in any way (put in two drills and press, grab the edge with pliers and break off, etc.D.).
If there are no features (something interferes, the line is not visible, etc.D.), then always cut from themselves. If you do not have a lot of experience with a corner grinder, then it is recommended to cut into several aisles: the first shallow incision (1. 5 mm) and the following with about the same immersion.
Usually the cutting of the round holes is highlighted. But the technique of cutting corner grinding of round holes and any curly cuts is no different. The use of corner grinder is justified to cut large holes (over 50. 100 mm). Smaller holes are drilled. medium.sized corner grinder (125 mm disks) is unlikely to cut a hole of less than 100 mm.
Lines for a trimmer cut on both sides of the tile are marked. It is recommended to cut by leaving a fishing line for a trimmer (up to 2. 3 mm), unless of course you need an even cut without chips.
How to choose the right disk
When choosing equipment for working with ceramic tiles, you need to take into account the complexity of the work and the thickness of the material. It is recommended to use steel circles with a laser attack of diamond spraying, as well as a geometric circuit. These types can withstand increased load and have a long service life.
To obtain an even edge during a section of ceramic tiles, you should choose disks with a thickness of not more than 2 mm, and with a width of the cutting edge more than the thickness of the material.
How to cut tiles with a corner grinder without dust and chips
The main drawback when using an angular grinder for the cut of tiles is that a lot of dust is formed. This greatly complicates the work. Therefore, experienced builders recommend that the corner grinding layer initially cut the glaze layer. In this case, the dust is practically not distinguished. And only then break the ceramic tile along the cut.
Also, when using corner grinder, chips often appear. Therefore, in order to saw off high.quality ceramic tiles, it is recommended to reduce the momentum while entering the material and exit from it. And also start sawing a little to the right of the marking trace. In this case, chips can subsequently be trimmed with a grinding circle.
To prevent the appearance of Ojalin, as well as dust, when carrying out wet cutting. This method implies contact of the cutting edge with the liquid. This can be immersed in the working surface of the equipment into the water or the supply of water jet onto it.
How to cut tiles without tile cutter
In the production of various construction work, it is often the need to cut ceramic tiles at home often arises on your own. To do this, it is not at all necessary to have a professional tool. tile cutter. We’ll make a reservation right away: it will not be about constant work and large volumes, but about small batches or generally piece products. In such cases, buying an expensive tool does not make sense, it is quite possible to do with improvised means.
- Cut in a straight line. In this case, it is necessary to distinguish where the cut goes. If less than 2 cm remains to the edge from the cut line, then such a cut can be attributed to a curly;
- Round holes in the tile of various diameters;
- Curly clippings;
- Mosaic elements. If there are requirements for accurate geometric shapes, then this type also refers to curly clippings. Otherwise, this is actually crushing tiles into pieces. Products are placed in a bag and with a heavy tool (hammer, sledgehammer) are crushed to the desired proportions. The exception may not be ceramic tiles.
Methods of cutting tiles
The methods given are mainly suitable in order to cut tiles at home. But also applicable or limited applicable to other types of tiles. You can cut the tiles without tile cutter in the following ways:
Corner grinding machine (angular grinder)
Generally speaking, this is a universal tool. As the masters used to cut the house with the help of one ax, so now with the help of one corner grinder they can cut out anything. The author was a witness, as a flat round hole was cut with a diameter of 5 cm.
note! The method is suitable for direct, curly species and in the presence of minimal skills of handling a tool of curvilinear lines of any configuration.
- Corner grinder. Any power and any kind;
- Cutting circle (on stone or diamond);
- Protective helmet or glasses (required);
- Protective completely closed suit and mitten (recommended);
- Respirator (recommended);
- Clamp. Additionally in some cases (clamp or vise).
Previously marked tiles, preferably with scratching the line with any sharp tool. In extreme cases, the line is allowed by the construction marker. During work, a lot of dust is formed and the marked lines can be erased when it is removed.
Direct small sections along the edges of the tiles can be drawn by laying the tiles on a flat surface on the table or on the floor. First cut the surface a few millimeters. With such an operation of its own severity of tiles and friction strength, there is enough for the product to hold on the spot. With deeper passages, you can additionally step on the edge or hold the assistant. With curly cuts, it is better to attach the product with a clamp to the countertop or fix it in a vice, having previously placed pieces of cardboard or dense fabric under the lips.
Advice! Put a plywood segment under the product to avoid damage to the surface of the table or floor.
- Along the outer edge, the marks are held several times along the entire length. In one pass, they deepen to 3 mm. Repeat the operation until the result is achieved;
- With small segments, up to 2 cm long, immediately for the entire thickness;
- Marking is applied to both sides. A surface cut (up to 3 mm) is carried out on the front side). Then cut from the back (up to 3 mm per pass) until the goal is reached. This method avoids random damage to the front side with a cutting tool.
It is recommended to be used for complex cuts: at the edges or curvilinear. The fact is that with this method there is a lot of dust, the consumption of the cutting canvas, temporary costs and labor costs. The usual straight line for the trimmer can be cut off in much simpler ways.
If there is no tile cutter, no corner grinder, then an electrician may turn out to be available. Underestimated by many tools!
note! Similarly, you can use a hand jigsaw with a file on a stone. But the speed of sawing will be an order of magnitude lower.
- Electric. Any power;
- Stone on stone;
- Protective glasses (recommended).
It saws in the usual way. Too rounded cuts to cut it problematic, the file gets stuck. It is not a fat (wall) tile that is not sawn well. Sprinking floor porcelain tile in this way is very difficult. For slight relief, it is proposed to first soak the material.
It is recommended to use, if necessary, cut out curved segments with large radius of curvature.
Glass cutter or any pointed tool
In this way you can cut exclusively tiles. And only in a straight line. Another restriction. parts should not be less than 2 cm wide.
- Glass cutter. Instead of glass cutter, you can use any tool with a pointed cutting edge. It is desirable that the cutting tool is made of solid materials: diamond, win, etc.D. As an example of cutting tools: core, spear.shaped cord, household knife and so on;
- Metal ruler or any direct metal rail. In extreme cases, from any material. But then you will need to very carefully scratch the fishing line for the trimmer of the cut, since the ruler can be cut and the scratch will go aside on the tile.
In order for the cut to get a clear without chips and leaving the scratch should be applied carefully. It is enough to scratch the upper, glossy layer.
Grinder Safety.- and lies you are told to scare you.
Advice! When applying risks to pay attention to the beginning and end of the scratch. Often at the very beginning and at the very end of the scratch it turns out not deep enough. This is due to insufficient pressure and psychology. At the very beginning, we just try on and the pressure is weakened. At the very end, acceleration occurs and risk “lubricated”. This can lead to a break in these places will go aside.
When applying risks with a knife, several passes are made to get a deep scratch.
The application of scratches depends on the hardness and severity of the tool used. If the tool is sufficiently solid and sharpened (glass cutter with a sharp roller, a spear.shaped sharpened winning drill and t.D.), then one passage with good effort is enough. If the tool is blurred or made of soft material (economic knife), then several passes will be required. Ultimately, the groove should go deeper below the glossy layer.
- About an even sharp corner. Take tiles with two hands from different sides from risks. The blow apply sharp from distance 5.10 cm about the angle from the back of the product. Before this, it is good to aim so that the blow came, as accurately as possible at the place of fault. The angle can be any, the main thing is that it is sharp and solid (metal corner, wooden beam). It is desirable for convenience that the corner towers above the surface of 10 centimeters by 10. Otherwise, there is a possibility when hitting the surface with your hand, the blow will go to the side and the tile will break not at risk;
- On a solid rod. The tile lies on a long hard rod with the back of. Then sharply pressed on both sides with two hands. The rod can be any. even, with a diameter of about 8 to 15 mm (drill, round pencil, etc.D.). It is desirable that the length is at least 2/3 of the length of the fault. You can break out parts, and not through the entire length of the tiles;
- Between the clamps. The method is suitable both for breaking through the entire tile, and for breaking out large parts. The approaches are different, but the essence is one. It is required to fix the product between two clamps at the place of fault. It can be two barbells or thick plywood. You can make a small machine: to fasten two sheets of plywood at one end with self.tapping screws, the tile is placed inward, spreading them with an effort. The main thing is that even sharp edges and accuracy of the installation of the material on the trimmer risks are provided. After installation, additionally clamp the structure with our own weight and sharply press on the protruding edge.
When cutting tiles along a curved trajectory, for example, semicircular for a pipe, a corner grinder make a series of short cuts along a drawn line with a allowance for trimming. Next, remove excess material with nippers, grinding or sandpaper on a bar.
Rectangular openings are recommended to be cut as follows:
- Having drawn the boundaries of the opening with a marker, along them, steel plates are laid out on the outside. When moving the tool along the plate, it serves as a ruler, and perpendicular to it. limits the course of the corner grinder.
- The plates are screwed with clamps or grabbed with tape.
- Circle grinders bypassed the drawn out the contour, first cutting out the grooves, then gradually deepening.
The tile cutting cuts the tiles smoother and better than the corner grinder, especially mechanized. Such a tool is equipped with a wet cutting disk, which was mentioned above. After some training, a mechanized tile cutter can be performed by curved cuts. Hand analogue such an operation is not available.
The only drawback of tile cutter is a narrow specialization, which, coupled with a high cost, makes it inappropriate to acquire this tool for one.time work.
Corner grinder is the most suitable tile cutting tool, from the point of view of a home craftsman. The reason is universality: unlike tiles, it can be used to cut and grinding many other materials. The main thing is to rely on the above recommendations, choose the right equipment and perform cutting.
How to cut tiles with a corner grinder without chips and dust?
The processing is preceded by thorough measurements. the marking is applied with a marker on the outside. Since it is impossible to perform a perfectly even cut in most cases, they make small allowances to trim with a sharpener or a supra.
The easiest processing option, which even newcomers cope with. cutting tiles with corner grinding in a straight line. First, the tool is fixed on a flat surface. It is necessary to place it so that the cutting edge hangs from the site. The direction of cutting should remain in the zone of visibility of the tile, while the tile is placed with the front side up.
Keep a grinding machine with the direction of cut from themselves, moving along the planned line. Ideally, the cut should be performed in one pass, only then it will turn out even.
It is more difficult than the first option, requires a certain dexterity. They process the tile with short cuts along the tangent line to the outer contour of the drawn figure (oval, circle). This will cut off small extra fragments, and then achieve the desired configuration.
They also plan small allowances for trimming, and at the end they finish the circuit with grinding, achieving smooth lines and removing chips.
Performing rectangular holes in the tile
After outlining the boundaries of the rectangle to its outer surface, the plates of steel are applied. The longitudinal plate will play the role of the line, and the transverse. the limiter of the movement of the cutting tool.
To fix the plates use adhesive tape or clamps. Next, cut through small grooves, bypassing the created contour, and then gradually deepen inside.
It is possible to facilitate the work using a drill. Several holes with a diameter of about 5 mm with a diameter of about 5 mm are drilled inside the circuit, and then through the angules, through.
only holes of a large diameter are cut with corner grinder. small ones are performed by a drill or a pedorator.
- Through the center of the circle, two straight lines are planned, located perpendicular to each other.
- By directing a grinding machine at an angle, a small recess along the length of the circle is made, trying to adhere to its inner diameter.
- Gradually move in a circle, evenly tiles of tile thickness.
- As soon as the recess is sufficient, straight perpendicular lines that go through the center of the circle are tied.
- Gently remove the first segment to avoid chips, then remove or knock out the remaining three.
A file wrapped around the bar is used to trim the spille line.
Cutting at a 45-degree angle
Cut the tiles of the corner grinding when installing plastic or metal corners. This will help to form a beautiful edge in the form of a bevel during a diagonal layout of a tile.
A flat and fast tied up to really perform only a nozzle with diamond spraying. The tile is placed under the edge glazed side down. Passing the corner grinder at an angle of 45 °, grind the back. As soon as the angle is formed, the actions are repeated, moving around the edge of the cut.
Some masters begin work with rectangular cutting tiles. Then the nozzle is directed so as to remove excess ceramics at a given angle. Completes the work of the edge.
The corner cutting of ceramic tiles with a corner grinder at home is recommended to be performed by those models of the Bulgarians, where there is a adjustment of the disk rotation speeds.
Cutting tiles with corner grinders is a painstaking and complex process. Therefore, it is recommended to initially practice in handling the device. try to process several elements, and then start finishing work.
Crama cutting products
To cut the tiles of a corner grinder, it is necessary to master the three directions of the cut.
It is not difficult to master it, at the same time a fishing line for a cutting trimmer is clean and without chips. When performing work, the tiles are securely fixed on a flat surface, marked with a pencil or felt.tip pen. The cut part should freely hang from the table. The cutting tool is located at right angles to the workpiece. Carefully, without jerks, slowly lead an angular grinder along the marked line. The tool should be moved to yourself in such a way that the marked fishing line for a trimmer is visible.
At an angle 45 0
It is often necessary to dock, and this implies a cut of material at an angle of forty.five degrees. Such an angle can only be obtained with a large training. But you can use this technique: first they cut off the workpiece in a straight line, and then neatly with a disk, a skin or shred stone, the edge is treated at the right angle.
Often there is a need to cut a round hole in the tile. You can do the work correctly with the help of an angular grinder if there are certain skills. To do this, mark the hole on the workpiece and a fishing line for the trimmer is circled by the felt.tip pen, the center of the circle is noted. Begin to cut at a slight angle, slowly, on the inside of the line, gradually passing throughout the circumference. Then the sectors are cut out, they are taken out in turn, if necessary, cutting ceramics. Finally process the edges with a file, receiving a flat circle. This processing is called a dry cutter.
Such holes, as a rule, are cut under sewer or ventilation.
How to Cut Tile With a Grinder Professionally
When performing figured processing of the workpiece, it is easiest to perform rectangular cuts. In order for the sections to be even, without chips, it is necessary to regularly change the cut.out circle. If you use segmented discs, then chips must appear on the cut line.
How to get rid of dust when cutting tiles
Cutting tiles with corner grinders is not a very difficult matter, but there is a lot of dust. There are techniques that reduce dust formation. Specialists use special tiles for this, but buying them for one-time work is impractical due to high cost. Therefore, when processing the part of the master, they act differently. At first, a layer of glaze is cut out. it almost does not dust, the main dust appears when a layer of burned clay is processed. Then it remains to gently break the ceramic tiles and process the edges with abrasive material.
A common way to get rid of dust is moisturizing the workpiece. To do this, constantly pour water into the working area of operation with a diamond circle. After each passage of the tool, you need to fill the seam with water or install a special device for supplying water to the working area. This device is fixed directly to the protective casing of the corner grind. As a result, the workpiece is processed without dust.
Methodology of execution
Cutting technique depends on the material, thickness and cutting configuration. The easiest way is to divide the tile into two parts in a straight line. To perform curved closed or open cuts, you will have to strain and perform more time.consuming procedures.
Consider how to cut the tiles of the corner grinder in a straight line:
- On the front surface by a marker, a fishing line for a cutting trimmer is noted.
- The tile is fixed on a flat stiff surface so that the fishing line for the trimmer of the cut passes above the edge of the base. This will help break off part of the tile after the incision of the desired depth.
- Turn on the corner grinder, wait a couple of seconds to recruit maximum rotation speed.
- Carefully incriminate, conducting a corner grinder towards yourself. The disk touches the surface from the outside, so that due to the thickness of the tool, do not reduce the width of the tile.
- The tool should be kept tight, not allow it to vibrate or swing from side to side. This will provide an even and pure cut without chips.
Often there is a need to perform a cut under an inclination in order to tightly reduce the surfaces when facing the outer angles of the walls. Consider how, at home, corner grinder properly cut ceramic tiles at an angle of 45 °:
- Mark the fishing line for the trimmer cut.
- Fix the tile on an even and rigid base so that the fishing line for the cutting trimmer is outside the table.
- Cut the tile in a straight line.
- Turn the corner grinder at an angle and carefully process the edge until the desired bevel is obtained.
- Finally bring the edge to the desired state using a sharpener (bar).
In order to perform a figured neckline, you need:
- draw the shape of the cut on the surface of the tile.
- Fix the tile so that the place of the cut out is free.
- corner grinder carefully make several cuts along the contour of the figure. As an option, make a cross.shaped deep incision along the central axes and gradually cut the inside, approaching the edges.
- Когда форма выреза будет максимально приближена к необходимому состоянию, производится окончательная доработка с помощью напильника или наждачной бумаги с зерном крупного размера.
Large holes (for sewer pipes or other communications) are performed as follows:
- The center of the hole is noted and a hole with a diameter of 3-4 mm is made using a special drill.
- On the front and back sides, a circle is outlined, which is subject to seizure.
- Cuts are carefully made on both sides along the contour of the future hole. The depth of incisions is 2-3 mm. It is not recommended to do more, since there will be a threat to go abroad of a circle and spoil the edges.
- In the central part of the hole, through slots are made, after which pieces of tiles along the cut line are carefully broken down with pliers.
- A final finalization of the edge of the hole is made using sandpaper folded into a roll.
It is easiest to make open cuts in the tile with a fixed motion.in.mounted angle grinder. The technique resembles work on a sharpener. the disk rotates in a vertical plane, the tile is fed to the tool and cuts are performed at the edges. After that, the central part of the cutout is removed and its inner edge is cleaned.
Important! Making cutouts and holes is a complex procedure that requires accuracy and accuracy. Do not rush, rush will lead to damage to the material.
Features of cutting porcelain tiles
In order to cut porcelain tiles correctly at home, it is necessary to use a diamond continuous disk. It will allow you to get a pure cut with a minimum number of chips. You need to choose a tool with a large thickness of the diamond layer. it is more effective and less heat. Consider how to cut a porcelain tile with a corner grinder without chips:
- The tile is laid on a flat base, placing thin foam or similar material under it, fixed with clamps.
- Stick on the front side of the painting tape and draw a fishing line for a cutting trimmer.
- Cut in the direction of yourself, the tool to lead so that there is the possibility of finishing the edge of the edge.
- Remove the residual tape and process the edge of the tile with sandpaper until the desired surface cleanliness is obtained.
When cutting porcelain tile, it is possible to enhance the formation of chips, so it should not be neglected by a sticker of painting tape along the cutting line. The most risky type of material in this regard is the glazed tile, which should be cut in a distance from the intended line for a couple of millimeters, then to clean the edge and at the same time fit the size.
Tile cutting methods
This stage is considered the most responsible and difficult to execute. Cutting it is necessary to strictly according to the line material available on the surface, while the tile itself should be tightly fixed. You can do the work with a corner grinder or guillotine. It is allowed to use a special electric tool or a hacksaw for metal (the latter is needed for small volumes of work).
Cutting corner grinding
For cutting paving slabs, it is recommended to use a diamond disk to a corner grinder of not more than 23 cm in diameter. Recommended tool power. 2 kW or more. Cut the paving stones of the corner grinder is necessary as follows:
- Firmly fix the tile.
- Start cutting, following the drawn line. If necessary, sprinkle the surface of the paving stones with sand. This will facilitate the course of the corner grinder. The speed of rotation of the disk should not exceed 3500 revolutions per minute. You need to move away from yourself. The depth of cutting along the edges should be greater than in the middle of the tile.
There are some restrictions and prohibitions when working with a corner grinder. It is forbidden:
- cut an unexpected tile, holding it on weight (before direct processing, it must be fixed with clamp on a flat hard surface);
- work without protection (glasses, masks, gloves, special clothing);
- use an angular grinder for cutting with damaged electric wiring.
This method of processing is recommended to choose with a slight amount of material. Otherwise, a gill knife is better suited.
The use of guillotine
Gilotine knife is a machine consisting of a styling table, guides, knife and handles. The advantage of this method of cutting paving slabs is that dust is practically not formed during processing. The process itself looks as follows:
- The tiles must be placed in the gap between the knives and the styling table.
- After that, using the handle, set in motion a knife that drops and, under the influence of its own mass and speed, fails a piece of tile. In this case, the pressure must be exerted on the entire pen, and not just at its end. Otherwise, there is a risk of damage to the material, tool and a person due to the split of the tile.
The efficiency and speed of work depends on the condition of the knife blade of a dumb knife can overheat, which will be deformed or stuck in the context of. Therefore, if yellow spots and traces of burns remain on the tile after contact with the blade, and the cut itself has become unnecessarily rude, you should think about sharpening.
In addition to corner grinder and guillotines, you can use special tile cutting devices. These are electric and gasoline saws for concrete. The principle of operation is similar to cutting using a corner grinder, but at the same time the saw design includes a special styling table, on which the paving stones are fixed. For processing, you can use only those diamond discs that are recommended by the manufacturer, which is not always convenient. The distance between the clamp and the guide can be from 70 to 230 mm. Such a tool allows you to cut tiles not only along and down, but also at an angle, the value of which can be set yourself. You need to work with a saw as follows:
- Install the workpiece between the supports, then carefully fix it. The size of the supports must correspond to the parameters of the paving stones.
- Turn on the saw and wait until it takes the desired speed.
- After that, you need to gradually lower the disk to the workpiece. After their contact, press the handle to start cutting the tile.
- At the end of the work, the saw must be turned off, wait for a full disk stop, and then return the handle to its original position.
During operation, you need to pay attention to the state of the disk. His dullness will not only reduce the productivity of cutting, but also lead to the appearance of sparks that can harm a person.
Regardless of the method of cutting the edge of the cut or knotted tiles will be uneven. This can cause the insufficiency of the appearance of the entire coating. Therefore, the cutting process must be completed by processing sections. There are several ways to eliminate defects:
- For small irregularities, you can use a grinding machine or sandpaper, in some cases the use of a file will be advisable;
- Large defects are best eliminated with a hacksaw for metal or cheap up with a chisel.
Paving slabs is considered a durable, but fragile material. Incorrect cutting can not only complicate the work on facing the site, but also increase financial costs, since you will have to mask the gaps and throw out the spoiled tiles.