How to Cut Porcelain Tile Video
Home page »Articles» How to cut porcelain tile: photo, instruction
How to cut porcelain tiles: photo, instruction
Porcelain tile is a popular finishing material, suitable for both internal and external decoration. When planning to make repairs on your own, it is important to figure out in advance how to cut porcelain tiles, as well as stock up with the necessary tools for this. Let’s figure out how to do it quickly and efficiently.
Porcelain tile is a high-strength material, the processing of which requires the presence of certain skills and the appropriate tool. The best device to give this material the necessary shape is a specialized machine. But given the fact that not everyone has such a device, the question of exactly what to cut porcelain tiles at home is often asked among visitors to construction sites.
Successfully cutting porcelain tiles and tiles on their own, without resorting to using special equipment, devices such as a tile cutter or an ordinary angle grinder will help. You should choose among these tools, taking into account the goals pursued in a particular case and the characteristics of the material at your disposal.
Porcelain tile cutting
The most compact and inexpensive device, not bad for cutting porcelain at home, is a tile cutter. Direct cutting is easy. The main thing is to observe a few simple rules:
We cut porcelain tiles with a tile cutter
- Before starting work, it is important to verify the correct configuration and serviceability of the existing tool;
- The material to be cut should be marked out by drawing clear lines on its back with a marker or directly with a tile cutter;
- The tile cutter must be installed on a solid and stable surface;
- The cutting of the material should be carried out as smoothly as possible, exerting a force “on my own”;
- It is best to press the tool evenly throughout the cut: so you can avoid unwanted chips and crumbling of the material;
- After the cut is completely ready, pieces of porcelain tile can be easily separated by applying light pressure from either side.
How to Cut Porcelain Tile
This method is relatively simple and requires minimal skills for working with the tile cutter. Nevertheless, it is suitable only if it is necessary to create sections in a straight line. To perform the same curly cutting of porcelain tiles at home will allow an ordinary angle grinder.
Porcelain cutting angle grinder
Equipped with a sufficiently thin diamond disk, an angle grinder will allow you to quickly and as accurately as possible perform curly cutting of porcelain tile at home. The process of work on giving the building material the necessary form will consist of several stages:
How to cut porcelain tiles
- The cut porcelain tile should be firmly fixed on a stable surface face down;
- Before starting work, it is important to clearly outline the future cut on the back of the material;
- When making direct cutting, it is necessary to exert force “on one’s own” and act smoothly in order to prevent chips and crumbling of material;
- In the process, it is worth using special glasses to protect the eyes from building dust;
- The finished cut is best treated with fine-grained emery paper to give the product the proper smoothness and to ensure safety during its subsequent operation.
You can get more detailed and visual information on how to cut porcelain tiles correctly by studying the photo and instructions proposed in this article.
How to Cut Porcelain Tiles Angle Grinder
We cut an angular grinder porcelain tile
Accurate trimming of the tile allows you to prepare it for gluing in the corners, at the joints of walls and floor. This work can be done in several.
Today, tile takes a strong first place among convenient and practical materials. It is used for finishing floors, walls, facades.
Laminate is a popular material for flooring. It is distinguished by its strength, durability, affordable price, moreover, work on laying it.