How to Cut Tile Angle Grinder Without Dust
Like all other tools, the angle grinder is divided into classes, into professional tools and household tools, as well as their design features.
This is perhaps the most widely used tool, not counting the drill. Many people work with angle grinders, but not everyone asks about the correctness of the performed manipulations, in terms of personal safety and quality of work. In this article, we want to devote you to the main subtleties of working with this tool and consider in detail the following issues:
Let’s go in order.
How TO CUT THE CORNER GRINDER CORRECTLY?
Before you begin, you need to prepare an angle grinder. We mean the choice of equipment (disk). The following points should be considered here:
- The diameter of the disk. Remember, the smaller the diameter of the disk, the more revolutions (higher rotation speed) it can withstand, and vice versa.
- The choice of disc depends primarily on the material with which you plan to work and the design features of your tool.
- Pay close attention to the legend and marking of the disc. Having carefully studied them, you will understand whether the selected equipment is suitable for the proposed work.
Also, always follow safety precautions and work in special equipment, such as gloves, goggles, a long-sleeve robe and closed shoes.
First of all, clean the workplace from unnecessary items. Securely fix the workpiece being pre-marked on it, if necessary. Getting to work.
Always hold the tool firmly and confidently with both hands. Adopt a stable body position. It is necessary to stand in such a way that sparks, in the process of work, do not fly onto clothes, and even more so in the face.
Always remember such a thing as a kickback. This is the most dangerous thing that can happen when working with a grinder. It can happen if the disk jams strongly in the workpiece. In such a situation, the angle grinder will be sharply thrown back. Control the process to avoid this.
Also remember that the power cord of the angle grinder must be insulated from sparks entering it during operation. If you need to move the tool to another work surface, do not forget to turn it off first, then unplug the cord from the outlet. The same thing needs to be done in the event of a power outage. As soon as the power goes out, turn off the tool and then unplug it. If this is not done, then when you resume power, the angle grinder will again begin to work in a chaotic mode and can cause irreparable harm to your health, others or damage to objects around.
The most frequently asked question that arises for beginning masters is the following: How to cut the angle grinder correctly: for yourself or for yourself? Many do not betray this special significance, but in vain.
Manufacturers of grinders advise their consumers the following: You need to work with the tool so that the stroke (direction) of the cut coincides with the direction of rotation of the disk.
Experienced masters clearly answer to this question: You need to make a cut on your own. This is necessary for your safety. If the angle grinder is pulled out of the hands, the tool will be thrown in the opposite direction from you. If you cut in the direction toward you, if the above situation arises, the tool will fly to your feet. We will not describe the consequences. You yourself can imagine them.
If you are cutting parts or workpieces that have thick metal, cut them exceptionally straightforwardly.
When working with a part such as a corner or cutting a profile or profile pipe, which are usually quite long, cut the hanging edge. Otherwise, if you cut in the space between the supports, an outcome such as jamming of the disc due to bending of the workpiece is possible.
If you are cutting a profiled sheet (sheet sheeting), metal siding (metal siding) or metal tile, take care of the presence of special anti-corrosion substances that need to be lubricated in order to avoid sudden corrosion.
In case you are cutting paving slabs or paving stones, get a special diamond-cut disc.
Reinforced concrete, concrete and other similar materials must be treated with special stone disks.
If you need to cut a gas or oxygen cylinder, be very careful, as it can explode due to the remaining trace of gas or condensate. Such work is best not to be carried out at home.
If you need to cut glass or, for example, a mirror. The most trivial ceramic disc is right for you.
When working with material such as wave slate, do not use excessive force to avoid chips and bumps.
Machining rubber with an angle grinder is possible, but unnecessary. If you understand what we are talking about.
Gates, springs, fittings or channels can also be cut using angle grinders.
Need to cut drywall or polycarbonate? Do this very carefully to avoid chipping and breaking the material. You will need accuracy if you need to cut a glass mosaic. For example, if you cut off excess parts from a pasted arch, glue the place of the cut and the cut part with masking tape or construction tape. This minimizes the possibility of cracks and prevents fragments from scattering on the floor after cutting.
How TO CUT TILES AN ANGULAR GRINDER WITHOUT CHIPS?
As we said above, the range of applications of angle grinders is incredibly wide. She also acts as an excellent assistant when cutting material such as tile or tile. But, a logical question arises regarding snap-in: What is the best way to work on tiles? To carry out this type of work, you need to get a diamond grinding wheel and a tile retainer. It is unlikely to work without dust with this material, so take care of a protective mask in advance.
Let’s take a closer look at the process itself and how to cut tiles or tiles without chips.
- The easiest way is to cut directly. Fix the tile well so that its edge remains on the weight along the cut line and get to work.
- The next method to be noted is cutting at an angle of 45 ॰. This method is more complicated than the first. First, cut the ceramic tiles with a direct cut. Then, when cutting the disc, we angle the angle grinder at an angle and remove the unnecessary part. Next, grind the cut with sandpaper.
How TO CUT CORRECTLY METAL angle grinder?
First, let’s talk about the dangers that await the master when cutting metal, an angle grinder, namely:
- Fragments of a disk, in case of rupture;
- A powerful stream of sparks and small abrasive particles;
- In some cases, the inability to hold the tool in your hands.
And now, a few recommendations for working with metal.
If you do not have experience in this type of work, then, for starters, it is worth practicing on unnecessary details. If in the process of work, you decide to change the cutting plane when the disk is inside the workpiece, this will immediately lead to its breakage.
To increase the life of the drives, especially the expensive ones, they need to be cooled. This is done with water. Need to water the place of cut. It is advisable that you carry out work with a partner who will carry out all these additional manipulations.
Also, breaks by 5-7 minutes every 20-30 minutes of work will help to increase the service life of the equipment, and even the tool itself. This rule is especially important when working with household angle grinders. Thus, you will protect your tool from overheating.
You should also remember that you should not put pressure on the angle grinder during operation, otherwise it may fail due to overheating, or it will jam the disk. If you feel that your work is too slow, try changing the drive.
Can AN ANGLE GRINDER CUT A TREE?
Many experienced craftsmen argue that wood cutting angular grinder to be. Our opinion: indeed, you can cut a tree with an angle grinder, but it is extremely unsafe, inconvenient, slow and of poor quality. And that’s why.
Firstly, during operation, the disc angle grinder becomes very hot and becomes incredibly fragile. The slightest skew can result in rupture of the disk. You can find out the consequences of this situation from pictures on the Internet.
Secondly, when working with a disk equipped with victorious soldering, these soldering can easily be under the skin. And this is a direct way to the hospital, because you can’t get them on your own, plus everything is fraught with infection.
Thirdly, when using a disc on a tree, the teeth can capture the wood more than you expect, and this, in turn, will lead to that. That the angle grinder will just rip out of your hands. It is very dangerous!
We hope we have explained in an accessible way why you cannot use angle grinders for woodwork and you won’t even try.
But, as practice shows, many masters at home resort to the help of an angle grinder in the processing of materials such as chipboard, chipboard, laminate, OSB board or plywood. It is necessary to saw it as accurately as possible and in compliance with all safety measures. Otherwise, you can not only spoil the material, but also get injured.
How DOES ANY CUT CUT Angle Grinder?
In order not to spoil the workpiece and make a high-quality even cut angle grinder, you will need to perform a number of preparatory measures, which we will discuss in this part of the article.
- Markup. Everything ingenious is simple. Mark it first, then cut it. Take pipe cutting as an example. First, draw a size with a chalk or marker. After that, paper or construction tape is used. The main thing is that the edge should be even. We take the selected auxiliary material and carefully wrap it around the pipe. Its border will be a clear and precise marking of the cut. When performing work, it is important to remember that under no circumstances should you change the position of the tool stroke. Otherwise, it may jam or rupture. As such, you should not put additional pressure on the tool, as this will immediately be reflected in the curvature of the cut and spoil your workpiece.
- It is very important to choose the right thickness of the circle. There is a simple axiom: the thicker the material you work with, the thicker the disk should be. When choosing a tool, consult an expert in this field and pay attention to the marking of the grinding wheel on his shirt.
How TO SAFELY CUT AN ANGLE GRINDER?
The work of an angle grinder is a matter requiring constant attention and control, because the consequences of accidents can be irreversible. Therefore, before starting work, take care of the following:
- Take care of protecting all parts of the body: face, hands, eyes.
- Clean the workspace from unnecessary, especially the place of departure of the sparks, remove all combustible materials.
- The workpiece to be machined must always be securely locked.
- Be sure to install the protective cover.
- Hold the tool firmly during work.
- At the end of the work, wait until the disk stops turning completely, put the angle grinder with the disk up, so as not to damage it, unplug the tool from the mains and make sure there are no smoke or signs of fire.
What SHOULD NOT CUT angle grinder? Main ERRORS
In the list below, there are materials that you can work with an angle grinder. It is forbidden to work with materials that are not on the list.
- The angle grinder will cope with cutting materials such as cast iron, metal, steel, copper, aluminum, iron, titanium. You can cut stainless steel or galvanized.
- With the appropriate nozzles, you can also work with plastic, ceramics, glass, plexiglas and porcelain.
- Stone, granite, marble, asphalt, concrete or a wall made of it, brick, porcelain stoneware can also be processed with an angle grinder.
The angle grinder is useful to you if you need to cut off water pipes or old heating.
One of the main factors that guarantee the quality of work is the right equipment. If you still have questions or want to purchase discs, please contact our managers on the indicated phones. They will recommend suitable discs and advise you on all your questions.