How to dilute gasoline for a two-stroke grass trimmer
QUICK TIP #4 : How To Mix 2 stroke (Two cycle) Gas
And now about how to mix the components correctly. However, it would be more logical to start with an analysis of common, but absolutely unacceptable mistakes that many owners of this mowing unit “sin” with. The following actions are considered as mixing errors.
- Adding oil to the fuel already poured into the brushcutter’s gas tank. In this way, a homogeneous fuel mixture cannot be obtained. Perhaps you will succeed if you only shake the grass trimmer for a long time. But it is unlikely that someone will do this, given the severity of the unit.
- First pour oil into a mixing container, and then add gasoline to it. Gasoline has a lower density than oil, so if it is poured into the oil, it will remain in the upper layer, that is, natural mixing will not occur. Of course, it will be possible to mix later, but it will take much more energy than if it were done the other way around. pour oil into the poured gasoline.
- Ignoring precise measuring instruments for taking the required quantities of ingredients used. In other words, diluting the amount of oil or gasoline “by eye” is a bad habit when operating motor vehicles.
- Take empty drinking water bottles for preparation of the fuel mixture. Such a container is made of too thin polyethylene, which can dissolve with gasoline.
Considering all of the above, we recommend using the following rules when mixing the fuel mixture for two-stroke engines of the grass trimmer.
- Use only clean containers made of metal or special plastic for storage of gasoline, oil, ready-made fuel mixture and its preparation.
- Use a watering can to pour gasoline into a dilution container to avoid spilling, and to add oil. a measuring container with volume risks or a medical syringe for 5 and 10 ml.
- First, pour gasoline into the canister for preparing the fuel mixture, and then oil.
- To dilute the mixture, first pour only half of the planned volume of gasoline into the container.
- Next, add to the gasoline the entire amount of oil required to prepare the mixture.
- Mix the contents of the dilution container thoroughly. It is best to stir by making circular movements with a tightly closed container. Do not stir the fuel inside the canister with any foreign object, since it is not known what material this object is made of, what reaction it can enter into with the ingredients of the mixture, how clean it is.
- Add the rest of the gasoline to the mixed mixture and mix thoroughly again.
- You can fill the mower’s fuel tank with the prepared mixture.
It must be borne in mind that the ready-made fuel mixture should not be stored for more than 14 days, as it loses its properties, stratifies and evaporates, which leads to changes in proportions, and therefore a deterioration in the operation of the grass trimmer.
How to refuel the grass trimmer
A ready-made mixture of gasoline and oil can be stored for no more than 3 months (pure gasoline is stored less). Dilute enough fuel for several uses of the grass trimmer. In general, prepare:
- gasoline and oil that is suitable for air-cooled two-stroke engines;
- metal canister and mixing container;
Adding oil to gasoline
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into a container of suitable volume and add 1/2 of the required amount of oil.
- Stir gently while keeping a good distance from open flames.
- Add the remaining half of the oil to the fuel and stir again.
Grass trimmer filling process
General tips for refueling the grass trimmer with a 2- or 4-stroke engine:
- Place the fuel tank so that the lid is on top, then fill in the required amount of fuel.
- Do not overfill the fuel tank. This will lead to one of the problems: overflow into the intake manifold and fuel filter, fuel ignition or engine breakdown.
- Try to pour the mixture so that it does not spill. To do this, you can use a watering can.
- If you do spill fuel, wipe it up immediately. Dispose of the cleaning material, do not accumulate indoors. it is fire hazard.
- The start-up of the device should be started after the fuel canister has been removed at a distance of more than 10 m.
- If there was a long break between the use of the mower, be sure to drain the remaining old fuel.
Consequences of violation of the ratio
The service life of the motor scooter engine depends on how accurately you follow the manufacturer’s recommended oil-gasoline ratio. The fact is that the fuel mixture enters the cylinders in the form of gasoline-oil mist. And the task of the oil composition is to lubricate the moving and rubbing parts and surfaces of various parts in the cylinder. If it suddenly turns out that there is not enough oil, and somewhere it will not be enough at all, the parts that touch dry will begin to damage each other. As a result, scuffs, scratches and chips are formed, which will certainly lead to complete or partial engine failure (for example, it can jam).
In the opposite case, when too much oil enters the engine, it does not have time to completely burn out, settling on the cylinder walls and turning over time into solid particles. coke, slag and the like. As you might guess, this also leads to engine failure. The most important thing is that you must not allow even a single violation of the proportion in the direction of a lack of oil. It is better to pour a little oil 10 times than not to add just 1 time. It often happens that this time is quite enough to break the engine.
Fuel mixture for two-stroke engines
Grass trimmers, which are equipped with a two-stroke motor, do not have a separate system for supplying oil to lubricate the rubbing parts. For this reason, such devices should be refueled not with pure gasoline, but with a mixture of fuel and engine oil. The latter should be specially designed for two-stroke engines. Application of automotive engine fluid will lead to premature engine failure.
RYOBI: How to mix and store 2 stroke fuel
Preparation of a fuel mixture for two-wheel engines
You need to refuel a lawnmower with a two-stroke engine with AI-92 gasoline. When using AI-95, overheating of the engine and uneven operation of the unit can be observed. You need to mix gasoline with oil in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is fuel, and 1 is oil. It turns out that 1 liter of fuel will require 20 ml of oil.
If the motor is worn out or the tool is under heavy load, then the ratio is 25: 1. If there is little lubrication, then scuffs will appear on the cylinder walls and the piston surface. Then the piston ring will undergo destruction, causing the engine to jam. An overabundance is not so critical, but it can lead to the formation of carbon deposits. At the same time, the piston ring will coke, which will reduce the power of the device.
Ratios of oil and gasoline for the fuel mixture
First of all, it is necessary to take into account the information that the manufacturer recommends, since in case of failure of the brushcutter, you can present your claims to him, and not to a third-party source. If there is no instruction in the passport, and even more so if there is no passport, then we recommend that you look for another model of grass trimmer from a more reliable seller.
For all other cases, when you have a lawn mower model in your hands and there is no way to find out its technical features, there are standard proportions of the most likely fuel mixture components for a two-stroke engine. Basically, these units use AI-92 gasoline and a special synthetic oil, which contains a solvent for better mixing with fuel. Such oil evaporates slowly and has the ability to completely burn out in the cylinder, leaving no carbon deposits.
The standard ratio of synthetic oil to gasoline is 1: 50. This means that 5 liters of gasoline requires 100 ml of oil, and in accordance with this oil consumption per 1 liter of gasoline is 20 ml. Knowing the amount of oil required to dilute 1 liter of fuel, you can easily calculate any rate when preparing fuel for your grass trimmer. When using mineral oils, the ratio of 1: 40 is most often the standard. Therefore, 1 liter of fuel will require 25 ml of such oil, and for a 5-liter canister. 125 ml.
When operating a lawn mower, a person with little experience in operating such equipment will not be difficult to determine and correct the actual amount of oil required for a particular model. You should only pay attention to the exhaust gases (their color, odor toxicity), cycle stability, engine heating and developed power. details about the consequences of incorrect mixing proportions of gasoline and oil can be expected in another section of the article. There are options for brushcutters running on AI-95 gasoline. This should also be considered.
If the manufacturer recommends fuel with such an octane number, then the requirements must be followed so as not to reduce the operating resource of the equipment thereby.
How to thin the grass trimmer gasoline
For long and efficient operation of a two-stroke lawnmower, you need to be able to properly dilute engine oil and gasoline. Refilling the grass trimmer requires a precise ratio of these components. It is recommended to carefully look at the technical data. They may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.
How to properly prepare the grass trimmer fuel mixture?
Here’s how to dilute gasoline with grass trimmer oil. You should first tackle organizational issues:
- Selection of containers for storing the components of the fuel mixture. Buy metal cans for gasoline. Factory packaging is sufficient for lubricating fluids.
- You should not prepare a large volume of a mixture that is flammable in engines, since its structure will be disturbed. Separation into fractions will begin: the heavy will sink to the bottom, and the light will form the top layer.
- Prepare a medical syringe for precise dosage of lubricant to add for dilution into gasoline.
We would like to draw the attention of the owners of the grass trimmer to one detail. You should not buy lubricants for future use. Buy the volume that is enough for the upcoming season.
What kind of gasoline can I put in a grass trimmer??
Before deciding which gasoline to use in the grass trimmer, some of the terms used need to be defined.
- Grass trimmers are available with four-stroke or two-stroke engines. Four-stroke grass trimmers are the most powerful and sophisticated in design, and are lubricated by an oil pump. The engine runs on pure gasoline. For two-stroke units. simpler ones. preparation of a fuel mixture consisting of gasoline and oil is required. It is due to the amount of oil in the fuel that the rubbing parts in the cylinder of this engine are lubricated.
- To prepare the mixture, you need a certain grade of gasoline AI-95 or AI-92. The brand of gasoline depends on its ignition speed. octane number. The lower this indicator, the faster gasoline burns and the greater its consumption.
Many models of petrol cutters have two-stroke engines running mainly on AI-92 gasoline. The fuel for them must be mixed independently. It is better to pour gasoline of the brand specified for it by the manufacturer into the brushcutter, otherwise the grass trimmer will fail faster. For example, with AI-95 gasoline, the engine will quickly overheat, and when choosing AI-80, the fuel mixture turns out to be of very low quality, therefore the engine operation will be unstable and with low power.
In addition to choosing a brand of gasoline, when preparing a fuel mixture for brushcutters, you need to use a special oil designed specifically for two-stroke engines. Semi-synthetic and synthetic oils are well suited for benzos. Semi-synthetic oils are in the middle price range, they are suitable for such equipment from any manufacturer, they lubricate the necessary engine elements well. Synthetic oils are more expensive, but they will keep the engine running longer. In any case, when buying equipment, you should carefully read the instructions, since sometimes the manufacturer gives recommendations on the use of specific brands of oil.
If you buy Russian-made oil, then it should be marked. 2T. For a long service life of your equipment and its good condition, you never need to use oils of unknown origin.
Plastic cans for gasoline are always marked with the flame sign. It is very convenient to use a canister equipped with a spill-free refueling system (see Figure 3). The spill-free system has a valve that prevents fuel from spilling when the tank is full.
Figure 3- Spill-free filling system
Also note that if these oils cannot be used to prepare gasoline for outboard motors. 2t outboard motors must be filled with a mixture prepared from gasoline with an octane number of at least 89 and ultrapure oil with detergents marking NMMATC-W3 in a ratio of 1:50 for the operating mode, and. 1:25 for the running-in mode (first 5-10 hours). The choice of high-quality oil is the basis of the engine’s operation, therefore, each manufacturer recommends pouring certain brands of oil into the equipment, thereby guaranteeing the longest service life of the product. So for outboard motors (both 2t and 4t) tohatus, the service center recommends using German motul oils or American quicksilver. Use only quicksilver engine oil for mercury outboard motors. For Honda outboard motors, the most preferred brands are motul and statoil.
Don’t start the grass trimmer. how to find and fix the cause yourself?
If the brushcutter engine does not start, then this may indicate several tool malfunctions at once. Inspection and search for damage should be started from the spark plug. It will need to be unscrewed and carefully checked for clogging. If a thick layer of carbon has formed on the tip of the part, then this indicates an excess of engine oil in the fuel mixture. To start a brushcutter, its owner must rinse the spark plug with gasoline and completely remove carbon deposits from it. Next, you will need to ventilate the cylinder by pulling the starter rope several times. As soon as the candle dries, you need to screw it into the seat and try to start the brushcutter.
The reasons for the lack of starting the engine can also be found in the poor condition of the air filter. If, after prolonged use, a large amount of clogging has accumulated in the filter element, then it will need to be cleaned and dried. If this fails, then the filter should be replaced.
If the mower does not start well, then the cause of the malfunction often needs to be looked for in the fuel hose. Due to trivial wear or impact, it can break off, which will lead to the pouring of the fuel mixture. In this case, you will need to replace the hose. In the places of its joints, it will be necessary to apply a uniform layer of silicone sealant.
It is not recommended to use a fuel mixture if more than two months have passed since preparation.
Ratio of gasoline and grass trimmer oil
Regardless of what type of equipment you plan to use, you need to choose the right proportions and prepare the fuel mixture. The most common question: how to dilute gasoline with chainsaw oil and not be mistaken.
The tool will perform better if the correct ratio of fuel fluids is selected.
A suitable product must be purchased before filling the fuel tank. Unleaded fuel is best for gardening equipment. It is ideal for such mechanisms. Before buying fuel, you must study the factory instructions for the equipment.
It is recommended to fill the petrol brush or other equipment with a product with an AI-90 or 92. After it became clear how many liters of gasoline you need oil, the chainsaw is refueled and used for its intended purpose. It is best to purchase proprietary formulations of the API TB class. They are suitable for use at positive air temperatures.
When trying to figure out how much oil to add to your chainsaw gasoline, you should look at the average proportions. Most often, dilution is carried out at a rate of 1 to 50.
Also, it is important to determine the total volume, then it will become clear how much oil to pour into gasoline for a chainsaw. For single work using special garden equipment, filling per liter is sufficient. If the tool is used regularly, then the average volume is 3-4 liters.
Powerful chainsaw consumes a lot of fuel
Today, buying a grass trimmer is not a problem for yourself. It occurs during mowing if the mower has not properly prepared the fuel mixture. The motor often stalls unexpectedly, like a blowtorch. We have to start the engine over and over again, pulling the semi-automatic winding device, popularly nicknamed the “lash”.