How to dilute lawn mower gasoline
If you want the tool to do its job perfectly and last for more than one year, you must provide it with fuel and lubricant of the proper quality.
- High quality fuels and lubricants;
- Correct proportions;
- Mixing tools and technology.
According to experts, it is necessary to use unleaded fuel with an octane rating exceeding 90. Gasoline A92 and Ai92 is considered ideal. You can use the 95th, but there is an opinion that it is better to refrain from this kind of gasoline, since some of them are made on the basis of the 92nd with the addition of additives. The latter, in turn, are harmless for 4-stroke car engines, but they will be superfluous for the “sensitive” mechanisms of 2-stroke motors.
It is recommended to use fresh gasoline for chainsaws, since when stored in cans the fuel can lose its octane properties.
There are several options for the ratio of fuel and lubricant. As a rule, this number ranges from 20 to 50 ml of oil per 1 liter of gasoline.
Again, you must follow the instructions for the product or the recommendations indicated on the oil label (priority of the instruction). In the absence of such, before diluting gasoline, you need to pay attention to the power indicator of the product, since the created proportion directly depends on it.
For chainsaws with power:
- Up to 1.5 kW, the recommended ratio is 25 ml of oil per 1 liter of gasoline;
- Above 1.5 kW 20ml / l.
In gasoline for a chainsaw, it is allowed to add oil a little more than the recommended proportions (up to 5 ml per 1 liter). In this case, you should be extremely careful, because non-observance of the proportions can lead to breakdown, and as a result, expensive repairs.
If gasoline is diluted with a large volume of oil, then during operation the number of shock loads on the cylinder-piston system will be increased, and carbon deposits may also form, as a result of which the CHP will fail.
Adding a small amount of oil to gasoline for a chainsaw can lead to insufficient lubrication of the surfaces of moving elements, which will lead to additional friction of the elements and their heating, followed by the destruction of the entire mechanism.
According to the international classification, oils of the following markings are used for chainsaws:
- Use oil for 2-stroke engines only;
- Do not use the material after the expiration date;
- It is strictly forbidden to add mining (it contains many unnecessary impurities. harmful to the central mechanism of the chainsaw);
- You can not use chain lubricant (for each device: chain and engine. it is its own);
- It is preferable to use synthetics or semi-synthetics (during development, it almost does not form combustion products, but the price of such material is higher than that of mineral oils).
How to dilute gasoline with chainsaw oil
The surest solution is to follow the recommendations specified in the instructions for the product! In the absence of such an opportunity, you can use a special fuel preparation formula.
Not only the quality and proportion of fuels and lubricants is important (although it is dominant in this matter), but where and how (how) gasoline is diluted with oil for chainsaws.
The technology provides for the use of containers with graduated divisions, some brands (along with chainsaws and oil) produce containers for mixing and storing fuel. Made of special non-combustible material, they are produced in the form of a canister or bottle, often endowed with measuring lines, and some of them have two entrances (separate for each type of fuel and lubricants).
Often, improvised means are used for mixing:
- Plastic / glass bottles;
- Syringe (no needle);
- Measuring cups;
When using household products, be extremely careful, as during the mixing process, when combustible material interacts with the surface of non-specialized containers, static electricity can be generated. this is fraught with an explosion. When making a mixture, oil is added to gasoline, since it has a higher density.
Choosing a brand of gasoline for trimmers
Select the brand of gasoline for lawn mowers, taking into account the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you do not follow them, then the motor will soon break down. Often RON 92 or RON 95 unleaded fuel is used to fill the trimmer tank.
Gasoline for fuel mixture
Filling the trimmer with AI-80 gasoline can lead to device breakdowns due to its low technical characteristics. Please note that after purchase, fuel can be stored for no more than 60 days, but it is better to reduce this period.
Polyethylene cans are not used for storage, since static electricity will be generated in contact with the inner walls. An accidental spark will cause an explosion. Although, there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
Consequences of violation of the ratio
The service life of the motor scooter depends on how accurately you follow the manufacturer’s recommended proportions of the oil-gasoline mixture. The fact is that the fuel mixture enters the cylinders in the form of gasoline-oil mist. And the task of the oil composition is to lubricate the moving and rubbing parts and surfaces of various parts in the cylinder. If it suddenly turns out that there is not enough oil, and somewhere it will not be enough at all, the parts that touch dry will begin to damage each other. As a result, scuffs, scratches and chips are formed, which will certainly lead to complete or partial engine failure (for example, it can jam).
In the opposite case, when too much oil enters the engine, it does not have time to completely burn out, settling on the cylinder walls and turning over time into solid particles. coke, slag and the like. As you might guess, this also leads to engine failure. The most important thing is that you must not allow. even a single violation of the proportion towards the lack of oil. It is better to pour a little oil 10 times than not to top up just 1 time. It often happens that this time is quite enough to break the engine.
How to dilute lawn mower gasoline
lawn mowers are a fairly common technique for combating weeds in summer cottages, in household, road and housing and communal services. These devices have two more names. trimmer and lawn mower. These units differ in their engines. The more expensive ones have four-stroke engines, all the others have two-stroke engines. Of course, the latter are the most popular among the population, since they are simpler in design, and lighter in weight, and much cheaper than their four-stroke competitors. However, two-stroke models are inconvenient in that the fuel mixture for them must be prepared by hand, maintaining a strict dosage between gasoline and oil. In four-stroke analogs, the mixing of these components occurs automatically, you only need to fill the gas tank and oil tank with the corresponding substances. Let’s consider the issue of the correct refueling of two-stroke lawn mowers, since it depends on how effective and long the operation of such a unit will be.
And now about how to mix the components correctly. However, it would be more logical to start with an analysis of common, but absolutely unacceptable mistakes that many owners of this mowing unit “sin” with. The following actions are considered as mixing errors.
- Adding oil to the fuel already poured into the mowers’ gas tank. In this way, a homogeneous fuel mixture cannot be obtained. Perhaps it will work, if only then shake the trimmer for a long time. But it is unlikely that someone will do this, given the severity of the unit.
- First pour oil into a mixing container, and then add gasoline to it. Gasoline has a lower density than oil, so if it is poured into oil, it will remain in the upper layer, that is, natural mixing will not occur. Of course, it will be possible to mix later, but it will take much more energy than if it were done the other way around. pour oil into the poured gasoline.
- Ignoring accurate measuring instruments for taking the required quantities of ingredients used. In other words, diluting the amount of oil or gasoline “by eye” is a bad habit when operating motor vehicles.
- Take empty drinking water bottles for preparation of the fuel mixture. Such a container is made of too thin polyethylene, which can dissolve with gasoline.
Considering all of the above, we recommend using the following rules when mixing a fuel mixture for two-stroke trimmer engines.
- Use only clean containers made of metal or special plastic for storage of gasoline, oil, ready-made fuel mixture and its preparation.
- Use a watering can to fill gasoline into a dilution container to avoid spilling, and to add oil. a measuring container with volume risks or a medical syringe for 5 and 10 ml.
- First, pour gasoline into the canister for preparing the fuel mixture, and then oil.
- To dilute the mixture, first pour only half of the planned volume of gasoline into the container.
- Next, add to the gasoline the entire amount of oil required to prepare the mixture.
- Mix the contents of the dilution container thoroughly. It is best to stir by making circular movements with a tightly closed container. Do not stir the fuel inside the canister with any foreign object, since it is not known what material this object is made of, what reaction it can enter into with the ingredients of the mixture, how clean it is.
- Add the rest of the gasoline to the mixed mixture and mix thoroughly again.
- You can fill the fuel tank of the lawn mowers with the prepared mixture.
It must be borne in mind that the ready-made fuel mixture should not be stored for more than 14 days, as it loses its properties, stratifies and evaporates, which leads to changes in proportions, and therefore a deterioration in trimmer performance.
How to refuel the trimmer
A ready-made mixture of gasoline and oil can be stored for no more than 3 months (pure gasoline is stored less). Dilute enough fuel for several trimmer uses. In general, prepare:
- gasoline and oil that is suitable for two-stroke air-cooled engines;
- metal canister and mixing container;
Adding oil to gasoline
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into a container of suitable volume and add 1/2 of the required amount of oil.
- Stir gently while keeping a good distance from open flames.
- Add the remaining half of the oil to the fuel and stir again.
Trimmer refueling process
General tips for refueling a trimmer with a 2- or 4-stroke engine:
- Place the fuel tank so that the lid is on top, then fill in the required amount of fuel.
- Do not overfill the fuel tank. This will lead to one of the problems: overflow into the intake manifold and fuel filter, fuel ignition or engine breakdown.
- Try to pour the mixture so that it does not spill. To do this, you can use a watering can.
- If you do spill fuel, wipe it up immediately. Dispose of the cleaning material, do not accumulate in the room. it is fire hazard.
- The start-up of the device should be started after the fuel canister has been removed at a distance of more than 10 m.
- If there was a long break between the operations of the mower, then the remaining old fuel must be drained.
First of all, it is necessary to take into account the information that the manufacturer recommends, since in the event of a failure of the lawn mowers, you can present your claims to him, and not to a third-party source. If there is no instruction in the passport, and even more so if there is no passport, then we recommend that you look for another trimmer model from a more reliable seller.
For all other cases, when you have a lawn mower model in your hands and there is no way to find out its technical features, there are standard proportions of the most likely fuel mixture components for a two-stroke engine. Basically, these units use AI-92 gasoline and a special synthetic oil, which contains a solvent for better mixing with fuel. Such oil evaporates slowly and has the ability to completely burn out in the cylinder, leaving no carbon deposits.
The standard ratio of synthetic oil to gasoline is 1: 50. This means that 5 liters of gasoline requires 100 ml of oil, and in accordance with this oil consumption per 1 liter of gasoline is 20 ml. Knowing the amount of oil required to dilute 1 liter of fuel, you can easily calculate any rates when preparing fuel for the trimmer. When using mineral oils, a ratio of 1: 40 is most often the standard ratio. Therefore, 1 liter of fuel will require 25 ml of such oil, and for a 5 liter canister. 125 ml.
Lawn Mower Repair. How To Drain Bad or Old Gas and Clean Carburetor Bowl and Jet
When lawn mowers are working, a person with little experience in operating such equipment will not be difficult to determine and correct the actual amount of oil required for a particular model. You should only pay attention to the exhaust gases (their color, odor toxicity), cycle stability, engine heating and developed power. details about the consequences of incorrect mixing proportions of gasoline and oil can be expected in another section of the article. There are options for lawn mowers running on AI-95 gasoline. This should also be considered.
If the manufacturer recommends fuel with such an octane number, then the requirements must be followed so as not to reduce the operating resource of the equipment.
Fuel mixture for two-stroke engines
Trimmers that are equipped with a two-stroke motor do not have a separate system for supplying oil to lubricate the rubbing parts. For this reason, such devices should not be refueled with pure gasoline, but with a mixture of fuel and engine oil. The latter must be specially designed for two-stroke engines. Application of automotive engine fluid will result in premature engine failure.
Preparation of a fuel mixture for two-wheel engines
You need to refuel a lawnmower with a two-stroke engine with AI-92 gasoline. When using AI-95, overheating of the engine and uneven operation of the unit may be observed. You need to mix gasoline with oil in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is fuel, and 1 is oil. It turns out that 1 liter of fuel will require 20 ml of oil.
If the motor is worn out or the tool is under heavy load, then the ratio is 25: 1. If there is little lubrication, then scuffs will appear on the cylinder walls and the piston surface. Then the piston ring will undergo destruction, causing the engine to jam. The excess is not so critical, but it can lead to the formation of carbon deposits. At the same time, the piston ring will coke, which will reduce the power of the device.
Ratio of oil and gasoline for the fuel mixture
How to choose for lawn mowers?
For two-stroke engines, lawn mowers use AI-92 or AI-95 gasoline. Most often. the first of the named. There is always information about this in the technical data sheet of the product. If, for some reason, it is not known exactly on what gasoline the trimmer should work, you can pick it up by testing both brands of gasoline in action. Global changes in the engine will not happen from this, and it is quite possible to determine what kind of gasoline this or that model of the unit “likes” more, according to some factors. This will be shown by the developed power, and throttle response, and engine heating, as well as its stable operation at all speeds.
But it is much more difficult to determine the proportions of oil to a certain volume of gasoline. In this case, you need to know at least something about the manufacturer of the equipment. And already according to the standard proportions for this manufacturer, select the proportion for a specific model, taking into account the type of oil.
You can start selection even by country of origin.
For example, for Chinese low-power trimmers, two ratios are mainly used. 1: 25 or 1: 32. The first is for mineral oils, and the second is for synthetic oils. We have already talked about the choice of standard proportions for lawn mowers of European and American manufacturers in connection with the type of oil. According to the class of oils for household trimmers, it is necessary to use TB oil according to the API classification. For more powerful. vehicle class.
For information on the ratio of gasoline and oil needed for lawn mowers, see the next video.
Gasoline trimmers are ideal for site maintenance due to their portability. These models of lawn mowers require periodic fuel changes. The choice of gasoline must be approached competently. It is not worth saving much on the purchase.
Fuel mixture: the proportion of oil and gasoline for the chainsaw
The chainsaw engine is the heart of the tool, so it is very important to use a properly prepared fuel mixture.
The fuel mixture for a chainsaw is prepared from two components. oil and gasoline. Chainsaws are equipped with two-stroke engines, so oil is not added to the lubrication system (like in a four-stroke engine), but directly to gasoline. At the same time, it is very important to observe the correct proportions of ingredients, of course, in no case try to work on pure gasoline, because in this way you will very quickly “kill” the chainsaw.
If we talk about what kind of gasoline to pour into the chainsaw, then it will be optimal to use fuel with an octane rating of A-95, in this case the savings on fuel can turn out to be deplorable. Often European manufacturers indicate that it is possible to use A-90 or A-92 gasoline, but in post-Soviet countries the quality of gasoline is inferior to that of Europe, so in our realities it is better to use better quality gasoline.
As for the proportion of the petrol-oil mixture itself, everything is simple here: you must follow the instructions for the tool. All manufacturers of chainsaws indicate the required ratio in the operating manual or in the passport of the tool, in addition, the proportions for refueling the chainsaw may differ depending on the model of the chain saw. As a rule, the proportion of oil and gasoline to a chainsaw of famous manufacturers is a ratio of 1:40 or 1:50, which means 1 part of oil for, for example, 40 parts of gasoline. Now arithmetic 1 liter of gasoline = 1000 ml of gasoline, divide by 40 and we get 25 ml of oil. If you follow the same steps to a 1:50 ratio, you get 20 ml of oil per 1 liter of gasoline. As for budget chainsaws made in China, the situation is slightly different. The ratio of gasoline to chainsaw oil made in China 1:25, that is, divide 1000 ml of gasoline by 25, we get 40 ml of oil. The thing is that in branded chainsaws, a solid assembly and the distance between pistons and cylinders in the engine is much less than that of Chinese chainsaws, therefore, the required amount of oil differs almost twice.
In order to measure the correct amount of oil, use a conventional medical syringe of sufficient volume.
Another subtlety. first fill the dry gasoline can with gasoline and then oil. The procedure, on the contrary, is fraught with a low quality fuel mixture, because the oil is more dense, it will stick to the bottom of the canister. what a good mixing here.
Be sure to prepare the fuel mixture in a canister and pour ready-made special fuel into the gas tank! Never cook or mix directly in the fuel tank of your chainsaw!
If you figured out the question of how to breed gasoline for a chainsaw, then on storage conditions and shelf life of the fuel mixture it is worth saying a few words. It is best and easiest to prepare a petrol-oil mixture for 1 liter of gasoline, it is recommended to do this immediately before working with the tool. Chainsaw fuel tanks have a volume of 0.3 to 1 liter. In the conditions of domestic use, the entire volume of the prepared combustible mixture is rarely used in one session, so the remainder can be saved until the next session. It is necessary to store the fuel mixture in a special canister for gasoline, in a dry, dark place. It is optimal to count that the shelf life of the finished mixture will be 7-10 days. The fact is that the oil on the market now is not synthetic, but organic, that is, natural. After 10 days, all lubricating properties are lost, gasoline simply “eats up” the oil. Naturally, it is no longer possible to use such fuel, this can cause breakdown and failure of the chainsaw.
At the end of the work, it is necessary to drain the fuel mixture, start the chainsaw, the tool will stall (so that the saw has a dry carburetor) and now you can leave it until the next operation session.
Unsuitable fuel mixture must be disposed of.
Gasoline and Lawn Mower Oil Ratios
- Oil quantity per liter of fuel
- Fuel solution preparation rules
- Fuel mixture preparation
- Characteristics of misapplication
The introduction of lawn mowers on the market made it much easier to care for the grass on the lawns. Depending on the engine model, they are divided into 2 types: gasoline and electric. If you choose between these options, then gasoline is preferable, since it is much more mobile. it does not require wires and an electrical outlet.
To keep your lawn clean for as long as possible, your lawn must be carefully monitored and maintained regularly.
Oil quantity per liter of fuel
Two types of engines are installed on gasoline lawn mowers. four-stroke and two-stroke. There are significant differences between them. The first option has a separate supply of oil and gasoline, that is, there is no need to prepare a special fuel mixture. And the second type of motors requires constant lubrication of engine parts by mixing fuel and oil in a certain proportion.
If you have purchased a two-stroke engine mowing tool, then you will have to do the preparation of the fuel composition in order to refuel the mower.
The fuel mixture consists of gasoline and a special oil for two-stroke engines. When choosing an oil, it is advisable to use a lubricant from the same manufacturer as the lawn mower, but this issue is not fundamental.
The main thing is that the oil is of high quality, and not a cheap fake. in this case, you should not save.
You can distinguish oil for two-stroke engines from others by marking on the label. It also indicates the ratio in which to dilute the lubricant with fuel. When using good and high quality oils, the dosage is usually: 1 part of oil to 50 parts of fuel, that is, 2% of the total volume of fuel. Some owners are confused about these proportions. In fact, everything is very simple.
If the label says 50: 1, this means that 100 grams of oil should be added to 5 liters of gasoline. In other words, for 1 liter of gasoline, you need to add 20 grams of engine oil.
Characteristics of misapplication
The use of a contaminated or improperly diluted solution often leads to serious malfunctions. To prevent this from happening, you need to carefully monitor some engine indicators:
- rapid contamination of the fuel filter;
- the appearance of dirt and various deposits in the carburetor, which will interfere with normal operation.
If the above symptoms are present, the lawn mower engine needs to be serviced.
Fuel solution preparation rules
Before starting work, you should carefully study the instructions. In no case should you do everything “by eye”. Each manufacturer adds its own components to fuels and lubricants, so it will be useful to familiarize yourself with its recommendations.
The basic rules for preparing fuel for two-stroke lawn mowers are as follows:.
- Strictly observe the proportions when preparing the fuel solution. If the concentration of the lubricating component is insufficient, the piston and cylinder will become very hot, and the engine may fail under such conditions. Burrs appear on the cylinder walls due to overheating, which will subsequently require serious investments in repairs.
- Do not add too much oil to the mixture. A large amount of it will lead to the appearance of additional carbon deposits and an early reduction in the engine resource. Defect elimination is also expensive, just like saving oil.
- Long-term. more than one month. storage of the fuel mixture is not recommended, as it begins to decompose and lose its basic properties. The prepared mixture can be stored for no more than 90 days, clean fuel is even less. about 30.
- Carefully monitor the cleanliness of the combustible solution, protect it from the ingress of various debris and other contaminants, which may deteriorate the engine.
- After completion of work, if there is a long break, it is better to drain the fuel mixture from the tank.
Before preparing the fuel mixture, you should take care of its safety in the future. It is better to store gasoline in a metal container; it is allowed to store fuel in plastic canisters specially designed for this. In no case should you store gasoline in plastic bottles: fuel enters into a chemical reaction with polyethylene and decomposition products, when they get into the carburetor, can disrupt its operation.
Fuel mixture preparation
Many mower manufacturers already supply special containers for gasoline and oil with graduated marks. But in order to more accurately mix lubricant and fuel, it will be better to use a syringe.
For operations for the preparation of a mixture of gasoline and oil, simple equipment will be required:
- watering can;
- a medical syringe or measuring cup;
- a container with a volume of one liter;
- oil suitable for two-stroke engines;
First, using a watering can, gasoline is poured into a liter container. For the fuel solution, it will be correct to use the brand of gasoline specified in the operating instructions, since fuel with a lower octane number can damage the engine.
Next, we collect oil, observing the proportion, and pour it into the fuel. Stir the mixture gently. the fuel solution is ready.
After adding oil to the fuel, the mixture acquires a special color, which in the future enables you to distinguish the ready-made fuel solution from pure gasoline.
Do not mix too much fuel. lawn mowers do not recommend this.
A solution of fuel and oil must be stirred in such a volume that it is enough for one or two refueling.
Applying the above recommendations, you can independently prepare a high-quality fuel mixture for a two-stroke engine. It will ensure the smooth operation of the gasoline lawn mower for a long period, as well as help protect the engine from major malfunctions.
How to convert a Lawn Mower from Gas/Petrol to Propane / LPG DIY
You can learn how to change the oil in a four-stroke lawnmower in the video below.
Dosage of oil in the Chinese version
Many chainsaws of the Chinese assembly are simplified copies of popular models of European design. The lack of special materials and proprietary technologies contributes to the preservation of the outdated proportion of gasoline and oil in a ratio of 25: 1.
The doubled consumption of engine oil is compensated by its lower cost. According to the developers, original components are introduced into the composition of Chinese oils, contributing to the increase in the durability of power units and the real extension of their assigned resource.
According to independent experts, the quality of the best brands of Chinese motor lubricants corresponds to those of European manufacturers in the middle price range. This is the level of branded motor oils of the Standard group and partially. Super.
Benefits of branded oils
Many domestic and foreign manufacturers specialize in the production of special motor oils, but the highest rating indicators are for branded products Stihl, Husqvarna and Makita.
Only in certain parameters are the domestic motor oils of the Lukoil trademark inferior to the branded assortment.
The list of advantages of branded motor oils includes:
- economical consumption;
- stability of performance under difficult operating conditions and during long-term storage;
- minimum amount of toxic compounds in exhaust gases;
- almost complete absence of carbon deposits.
According to the American classification, API-TB oils can be used for work in household and professional models. The Japanese counterpart is JASO-FB and JASO FD. Preparation of a combustible mixture using oil for 4-stroke engines is strictly excluded.
Red, green or any other color of oil determines the product’s belonging to the assortment of a certain manufacturer, therefore, when determining the characteristics of the material, it is not taken into account. Be extremely careful when choosing a motor oil of unknown composition and origin.
Until you receive additional information about the quality and operational parameters, it is better to temporarily refuse to use such material.
It is allowed to mix motor oils of the same type in composition and purpose, produced by brands known for the quality of their assortment. Under no circumstances is it permitted to mix mineral and synthetic oils.
The main component of the fuel mixture for chainsaw engines is gasoline with an octane number of at least 92. Consumables with expired storage, made on the basis of gas condensate, having water and mechanical impurities in their volume are not suitable for fuel preparation.
- The opinions of experts on the use of gasoline of different brands are ambiguous. On the one hand, the incomplete compliance of domestic A-92 gasoline with European standards is recognized.
- On the other hand, the quality of A-95 gasoline is questioned due to the high content of anti-knock additives. It is possible to use this fuel for the preparation of fuel for a chainsaw only with full confidence in its quality.
- The difficulty lies in the presence of various improving additives, with the help of which unscrupulous manufacturers and distributors increase the performance properties of motor gasoline with a lower octane index.
Also, irreversible changes in the working properties of the fuel occur when it is stored for a sufficiently long time in a plastic container, regardless of the level of its petrol and oil resistance.
Small private companies from China and other Asian countries specialize in the production of motor oils, which are sold at a lower cost in the markets under the trademarks of leading manufacturers.
- The characteristics of counterfeit products are an order of magnitude lower than those of the branded originals. The constant use of counterfeit products adversely affects the operation of the chainsaw and the durability of its operation.
- Only an experienced specialist can determine the status and quality of oil, therefore, you can avoid possible risks by buying consumable components in a network of branded and licensed retail outlets.
- The use of substandard lubricants for service specialists is a legal basis for depriving the owner of a faulty saw of warranty repair and restoration obligations.
Features of preparation and storage of the fuel mixture
Safety regulations prescribe to dilute gasoline and oil in a metal canister. This eliminates the risk of static electricity and fuel ignition.
Experts advise to pour oil into an incomplete container, mix thoroughly, and then top up with clean gasoline to the specified level. It should be excluded from everyday practice the saving of working time by preparing the working mixture directly in the gas tank of the chainsaw.
This technology is fraught with fuel system failures due to the ingress of a large amount of oil into the carburetor, the need for disassembly and thorough flushing.
A large assortment allows you to choose oil that fully corresponds to the class and characteristics of the chainsaw, the conditions of its subsequent operation.
- For budget models, you can use oils of the Standard category, for professional chainsaws, consumable lubricants of the Super and Ultra categories are recommended.
- To prepare a full-fledged fuel mixture for a chainsaw, it is advisable to use branded oils or their branded counterparts recommended by the operating instructions. In particular, Stihl and Husqvarna engine oils of the same composition and application are completely interchangeable.
Experts recommend that owners of chainsaws exclude from the scope of attention motor oils intended for two-stroke engines of mopeds, boat motors and other mechanized household appliances.
The power units of this equipment operate in more comfortable conditions, which makes the requirements for their operational characteristics less stringent.
The ratio of gasoline to chainsaw oil
Household and professional chainsaws are powered by two-stroke internal combustion engines operating on a metered mixture of gasoline and engine oil adapted to the difficult operating conditions. The correct proportions of oil and gasoline for a chainsaw is one of the important conditions for stable traction characteristics of the engine and low-cost development of its assigned resource.
The need to obtain a sufficiently high power from a small-cube power unit makes it necessary to operate chainsaw engines at high-speed modes, therefore, increased requirements are imposed on the quality of both components of the fuel mixture.