How to dilute oil in a trimmer
Fuel mixture for two-stroke engines
Trimmers that are equipped with a two-stroke motor do not have a separate system for supplying oil to lubricate the rubbing parts. For this reason, such devices should not be refueled with pure gasoline, but with a mixture of fuel and engine oil. The latter must be specially designed for two-stroke engines. Application of automotive engine fluid will result in premature engine failure.
Preparation of a fuel mixture for two-wheel engines
You need to refuel a lawnmower with a two-stroke engine with AI-92 gasoline. When using AI-95, overheating of the engine and uneven operation of the unit may be observed. You need to mix gasoline with oil in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is fuel, and 1 is oil. It turns out that 1 liter of fuel will require 20 ml of oil.
If the motor is worn out or the tool is under heavy load, then the ratio is 25: 1. If there is little lubrication, then scuffs will appear on the cylinder walls and the piston surface. Then the piston ring will undergo destruction, causing the engine to jam. The excess is not so critical, but it can lead to the formation of carbon deposits. At the same time, the piston ring will coke, which will reduce the power of the device.
Ratio of oil and gasoline for the fuel mixture
Choosing a brand of gasoline for trimmers
Select the brand of gasoline for lawn mowers, taking into account the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you do not follow them, then the motor will soon break down. Often RON 92 or RON 95 unleaded fuel is used to fill the trimmer tank.
Gasoline for fuel mixture
Filling the trimmer with AI-80 gasoline can lead to device breakdowns due to its low technical characteristics. Please note that after purchase, fuel can be stored for no more than 60 days, but it is better to reduce this period.
Polyethylene cans are not used for storage, since static electricity will be generated in contact with the inner walls. An accidental spark will cause an explosion. Although, there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
Gasoline for four-stroke engine
Devices with a four-stroke motor are more complex. Oil and gasoline are poured into different containers, from where they are then fed to the engine. For a mower with such a motor, you need AI-92 and AI-95 gasoline. It is better not to use fuel with a lower octane number, because this will lead to unstable engine operation. In addition, do not use a lubricant designed for two-stroke models.
Gasoline for trimmer
Gasoline trimmers are ideal for site maintenance due to their portability. These models of lawn mowers require periodic fuel changes. The choice of gasoline must be approached competently. It is not worth saving much on the purchase.
How to refuel the trimmer
A ready-made mixture of gasoline and oil can be stored for no more than 3 months (pure gasoline is stored less). Dilute enough fuel for several trimmer uses. In general, prepare:
- gasoline and oil that is suitable for two-stroke air-cooled engines;
- metal canister and mixing container;
Adding oil to gasoline
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into a container of suitable volume and add 1/2 of the required amount of oil.
- Stir gently while keeping a good distance from open flames.
- Add the remaining half of the oil to the fuel and stir again.
Trimmer refueling process
General tips for refueling a trimmer with a 2- or 4-stroke engine:
- Place the fuel tank so that the lid is on top, then fill in the required amount of fuel.
- Do not overfill the fuel tank. This will lead to one of the problems: overflow into the intake manifold and fuel filter, fuel ignition or engine breakdown.
- Try to pour the mixture so that it does not spill. To do this, you can use a watering can.
- If you do spill fuel, wipe it up immediately. Dispose of the cleaning material, do not accumulate in the room. it is fire hazard.
- The start-up of the device should be started after the fuel canister has been removed at a distance of more than 10 m.
- If there was a long break between the operations of the mower, then the remaining old fuel must be drained.
What is sensitization?
Symptoms of sensitization can vary from person to person, but think of it as a skin allergy that results in a severe and / or itchy rash. severe cases of sensitization can potentially lead to respiratory illness or even anaphylactic shock. Once you develop sensitization to an essential oil, you are likely to remain permanently sensitive to this essential oil, even if you start to dilute it adequately. You may also develop a reaction to other essential oils, as well as to foods containing these oils.
Essential Oil Dilution Guide. Dilution ratio tables for all ages
We love our essential oils. Why? Because they smell wonderful, have powerful medicinal effects and work wonders for promoting health and well-being. The fact is that these beautiful gifts of nature are so good because they are concentrated, highly volatile oils extracted from plants, trees, flowers and fruits. Just as we take responsibility for the environment, we must also use our essential oils with care. Use this guide to dilute essential oils. to understand the degree of dilution of essential oils and to ensure safety when using oils at home.
According to Lea Harris, a board-certified clinical aromatherapist. “” There is almost never a moment when you would not want to dilute the effectiveness of an essential oil before applying it to your skin. “
How To Oil Your Hair Clippers For Peak Performance & Long Life
- Add 6 drops of your favorite essential oil to support a healthy complexion to 1 ½ teaspoon of 190 strong alcohol.
- Stir and gently add this mixture to the 1 ounce bottle, slowly filling the bottle to the end with witch hazel.
Using essential oils undiluted on the skin can be harmful and potentially cause severe irritation or sensitization.
I regularly find authors and aromatherapy educators who have a rule of thumb that certain essential oils are safe to apply to the skin, in particular lavender and tea tree oils, without first diluting them with a carrier oil. Using essential oils on the skin without diluting them is called applying them to inches in its purest form. “
Never apply undiluted essential oils to your skin.
Not even lavender or tea tree.
There are times when experienced aromatherapists make exceptions to this precaution. Only after gaining significant knowledge of essential oils can you try to apply undiluted essential oil to your skin.
I have been part of the aromatherapy community for over 20 years. Sometimes I hear or hear about people who have used undiluted essential oils and developed persistent sensitization, even when using only one drop of lavender essential oil at a time, it really isn’t worth the risk. Adequate dilution of essential oils not only helps to protect your well-being, but also saves money.
Marge Clark shares her sensitization experience in her book Essential Oils and Aromatics. Marge shares her experience and the long-term effects of using lavender essential oil in its purest form:
“One of my mentors reminds me that“ sensitization. it’s forever “. And I know she’s right. Many years ago I read books that said lavender oil can be used neat (undiluted). I very unwisely applied undiluted lavender on broken skin and, as a result, caused a sensitivity reaction. Today, almost two decades later, if I encounter lavender in any form, I will immediately begin another round of contact dermatitis, which may take months to heal. “. [Marge Clarke, Essential Oils and Aromatics (Sandy, UT: Silverleaf Press, 2008), 32.]
6 essential oils for erectile dysfunction (ED): what works
Erectile dysfunction or impotence. a widespread problem in men. It refers to the inability to achieve or maintain an erection, often preventing intercourse.
The causes of erectile dysfunction (ED) are varied, but it can often be treated without medication.
This article will discuss the use of essential oils in treating ED.
Treat essential oils with respect
Handle essential oils as carefully as you do medicines. You don’t have to fear or avoid essential oils, and I certainly am not trying to scare anyone into taking advantage of the full benefits of aromatherapy. They can be a wonderful blessing for a holistic lifestyle. However, remember that when working with essential oils less. more.
Dilute essential oils sufficiently before applying to the skin and be extremely careful with oils that can cause irritation and sensitization. Remember that even if you used one or more essential oils undiluted and you did not have problems, this does not guarantee that you will not develop sensitization with repeated exposure. Correct dilution is always recommended.
What trimmer oils you need to use?
Today, there are few people left who use an ordinary braid on their personal plot. This “old-fashioned” method practically never occurs. And many already have no idea how to handle it, sharpen it and rivet it. With the development of technology, devices called trimmers have appeared.
There are two main types of such devices. These are gasoline and electric. From the name it is clear that their main difference is the power source. Each type has both advantages and disadvantages. The advantage of gasoline engines is the absence of a power cord, which does not restrict the owner from moving around the site during work. The electric one needs a 220 V network for power supply. There is no way to do without an extension cord, which will constantly interfere and get confused under your feet.
A modern trimmer that runs on fuel, thanks to the presence of various replaceable heads, has turned from an ordinary scythe into a means of small mechanization with many functions. Having installed the appropriate nozzle, the owner will not be difficult to form a crown of shrubs on his personal garden plot. In the snowy winter, it can be used as a snow blower. The very replacement of the working heads of the trimmer does not take much time and can be done with or without a tool.
Which trimmer oil to choose?
When using a device such as a petrol trimmer, it is especially difficult to maintain it. When it comes time to change the oil, many do not know which oil to fill in the trimmer.
In most of these types of devices, oil is poured along with gasoline. Therefore, the owner must definitely know, using a trimmer, the ratio of gasoline and oil. In most cases, 20 g of oil is taken per liter of fuel. over, the higher the quality of the fuel, the lower its consumption.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Gasoline Trimmers
Thus, summing up the above, it is necessary to note the main advantages and disadvantages of gasoline trimmers. The pluses include:
The disadvantages include:
- more weight;
- the amount of noise emitted during operation is greater than that of electrical ones. Despite this, the number of petrol trimmers in summer cottages is only increasing.
The oil that is poured into the engine may differ in the production method. According to this criterion, it happens:
- mineral. this type is obtained during the processing of petroleum products;
- synthetic. it is obtained by processing or synthesizing gas;
- semi-synthetic. this type has better characteristics due to the introduction of synthetic-based components into it.
Lawnmower oil refers to formulations intended for use in air-cooled engines that have a combustion chamber volume of 50-200 cubic centimeters. In addition, any two-stroke oil can differ from analogs in additives that give it certain additional characteristics. They are of the following types.
- Antiwear. The main task of the oil will be to reduce wear of parts during the operation of the device.
- Antioxidant. They do not allow oxidation to occur and make it possible to maintain the performance of the oil for a long time.
- Anti-corrosion. Their task is to prevent corrosion from forming on engine parts.
- Friction modifiers. These additives can significantly reduce the coefficient of friction.
Two-stroke oil from different manufacturers may differ in the combination of additives used, which means that their properties will differ.
Recently, when purchasing oil for dilution with gasoline, users very often come across the fact that special letter abbreviations are applied to the cans. These designations are made within the framework of the API classification. Consider what types of oils exist in accordance with it.
- The TA is used for air-cooled lawn mowers with an engine displacement of no more than 50 cubic centimeters. It can be used not only for mowers, but also for mopeds, lawn mowers and other types of machinery. For a petrol trimmer, this is the optimal solution.
- TB is used to refuel a chainsaw, scooter, moped or motorcycle, the engine of which does not exceed 200 cubic centimeters. Can also be used for refueling petrol trimmers.
- TC is suitable for thinning with gasoline and pouring into a snowmobile, motorcycle and other types of equipment.
- TD is intended for refueling boats, yachts and hoverboards.
But in addition to this classification, other letter designations of the FA-FD type are often found. It should be said that the API is an American standard that is used in Europe. But there is a discrepancy between European and American smoke emission regulations. For this reason, additional letter designations should also be taken into account.
- FA can be used in countries where minimum exhaust gas emissions are required by law. Barely noticeable smoke may be emitted when using oils with such markings.
- FB. can be used in countries where the restrictions on the emission of smoke and gases are much stricter. In this case, the smoke will practically not be emitted.
- FC. a transparent smoke appears here, which the human eye cannot notice.
- FD is a special category of oils for 2-stroke engines, they do not create smoke at all. They have increased chemical properties. Usually this oil is used for mixing with gasoline and subsequent refueling of boats and yachts.
In addition, oils come in two more categories:
In the first case, this will mean that it is necessary to carry out self-mixing, which does not require shaking, and in the second case, you will need to do it too.
Petrol trimmer oil: types and recommendations for use
- Selection Tips
- How to use?
Gasoline trimmers are some of the most popular lawn mowing attachments. They are easy to use, mobile, allow a person to be independent of an outlet and show excellent results where they are used. But for the stable operation of a gasoline trimmer, high-quality consumables are needed. In particular, we are talking about gasoline and oil. It is about the last component that we will talk about in this article.
A quality oil that can be poured into a gasoline trimmer must meet a number of requirements and standards to ensure reliable operation of the device and its performance. The oil should:
- provide an increase in wear resistance for various elements (in particular, the gearbox is especially susceptible to this);
- to ensure the formation of smoke and exhaust gases is as low as possible;
- do not allow premature ignition;
- mix well with gasoline when exposed to low temperatures;
- have good viscosity and flow characteristics in various temperature ranges;
- be as safe as possible in terms of environmental impact.
As mentioned, two-stroke engine oil will differ from four-stroke engine oil. It has higher power, which is why fuel for it is obtained by mixing a certain amount of gasoline and oil. For each lawn mower, the ratio will be different. You can find out its meaning in the instructions for the device. These proportions must be observed with maximum accuracy. When adding additives, take into account the type of motor.
If mineral oils are used, the mixing should be somewhere in the ratio of 1: 25, 30 or 35, depending on the type. If we are talking about a synthetic analogue, then the proportion will be 1: 50 or 80. That is, a certain amount of oil dissolves in the volume of gasoline.
Now let’s try to figure out how to choose a quality gasoline trimmer oil. The main feature to look out for is the base number. This moment excludes the oxidation of the parts in which friction is observed and slows down their deformation as much as possible. The more this compound is used, the faster it loses its alkalinity and becomes more oxidized. The optimal indicator of acidity (PH) is a value of at least 8-9 units.
The second important factor, which also has a serious impact on the performance of a gasoline trimmer, is the viscosity of the oil. This characteristic determines the ability to use the device at different temperatures. Summer brands of oils begin to thicken already with a minimal decrease in temperature.
But given that such trimmers are usually used in autumn and spring, it is best to use just oil with summer markings.
The third point, the importance of which should not be underestimated, is the flash point. This indicator should not be less than 225 degrees. Otherwise, the composition will burn out very quickly and the load on the piston group will begin to increase, which will cause its accelerated wear. Also, 4-stroke oil is not suitable for 2-stroke. Namely, the latter type of motors is used in the vast majority of lawn mowers.
If we talk about manufacturers, then you can make a small rating that will allow you to navigate the formulations offered by various manufacturers. For example, Stihl offers quality synthetic and mineral oils, which have already proven themselves as an excellent solution at any time of the year.
Shell Helix Ultra oil is considered very good. Experts note its high characteristics and excellent indicators of alkalinity and viscosity. In addition, the products of such brands as Oleo-Mac, Motul, Hammerflex, Echo are considered worthy. If we talk about the products of domestic brands, then you should pay attention to Lukoil oil. Its price is several times lower than foreign counterparts, but at the same time it has high quality and good technical characteristics.
In general, the ideal solution would be a synthetic or semi-synthetic oil labeled TB or TA.
Engine oil is a special blend of solvent and friction-reducing additives. They form a certain viscosity and do not allow the composition to thicken when the temperature is lowered. Usually oils are specially colored in different colors: green, red or blue. This allows them not to be confused.
Please note that they may vary in composition, so petrol trimmer oil will be labeled “for gardening”. In addition, it may still differ in marking: “2T” or “4T”. The first is two-stroke oil, which is poured into the corresponding engine. And the second is intended for pouring into the crankcase.
In addition, you should be aware that under no circumstances should mineral and synthetic oils be mixed due to the fact that they have a different base.
How to use?
For the proportions of oil used, see above. We must say right away that you should not deviate from the indicated values and dilute gasoline by eye. At best, you just need to change the oil, and at worst, engine damage cannot be avoided.
It is also important to be able to prepare the mixture correctly. It cannot be poured into the gas tank. It is better to pour the oil into a special container that already contains gasoline. A plastic bottle of mineral water is perfect for this. It is very important that it is clean, which is why beer or milk bottles will not work. And it is better that it be a liter or two-liter, since it will be difficult for many to calculate how much oil to fill in a 1.5-liter or 1.25-liter bottle. You will also need to have a syringe on hand that will function as a dosimeter. It is best to take a regular medical one for 10 or more cubes.
Now we will explain step by step how to make a good gasoline trimmer oil.
- First, you need to find out exactly what type of oil is required for a particular model of the scythe, as well as find out the exact ratio of gasoline and oil to create a mixture.
- Then you need to fill the container. The container should not be filled with gasoline to the end, because oil must still fit there;
- Now we draw the required amount of 2-stroke oil into the syringe and pour it into a bottle of gasoline. You can not do the opposite, otherwise all the ingredients will need to be replaced, and the mixture will need to be done again.
- Close the bottle with a lid and stir. It is important not to forget that you need to stir the mixture if there are the words Premix on the bottle of oil. If it says Selfmix, then after mixing the substances, everything is poured into the tank.
Now all that remains is to fill the petrol trimmer, and you can carry out the necessary work.
For information on how to choose oil for gasoline trimmers, see the next video.