How To Disassemble A Partner 350 Chainsaw
Design features of the Partner 350 chainsaw
The reliable and easy-to-use saw of this model has a gasoline engine with a power of 1300 W. It features easy starting thanks to the built-in professional fuel pump and electronic ignition system.
The chainsaw is equipped with a safety system that automatically activates the double inertia chain brake. The chain is also lubricated automatically. Changing the chain tension of this unit is very easy with just two keys.
The chainsaw is equipped with a fuel primer, so it is easy to start at any time of the year. The drum of the starter of the tool is equipped with a special impeller, with which it is cleaned of dirt.
The CCS filter is able to trap all residual particles. In addition, this system allows you to use the air filter for a long time, while saving fuel consumption.
Manufacturers of the Partner 350 chainsaw equipped the cylinder walls of the piston group with chrome plating, which significantly increases the service life of the tool.
Checking the ignition system
First of all, if any chainsaw malfunctions, you should inspect the spark plug. To do this, the wire is first disconnected, and then the candle itself is turned out using a special key. By its appearance, you can understand the cause of the problem:
- A carbon-coated chainsaw candle indicates the use of low-quality oil, an incorrect ratio of oil and gasoline when preparing fuel, or a poorly adjusted carburetor. In this case, the candle must be cleaned of carbon deposits with a needle or an awl, wash and wipe the electrodes with a sandpaper.
- If the spark plug is heavily splashed with fuel, then most likely the carburetor is incorrectly adjusted or the rules for starting the tool have been violated. To remove excess fuel, it is necessary to shut off the fuel supply, turn on the starter and check the combustion chamber. After that, the candle is wiped, screwed into place, and the mechanism starts again.
- A completely dry candle indicates that the fuel mixture does not enter the cylinder of the chainsaw. In this case, the cause of the breakdown is not in the ignition system, so the plug is put back.
To check the spark plug is working, you need to put on the ignition cable, connect the cylinder and the plug nut with pliers, and start the starter. If there is no spark, then the spark plug must be replaced.
Chainsaw fuel system repair
There may be several reasons why the fuel-air mixture does not enter the cylinder:
- Clogged fuel filter;
- Clogged hole in the fuel tank cap (breather);
- Insufficient amount of fuel;
- Incorrectly adjusted carburetor;
- Clogged channels or violation of the integrity of the carburetor membrane.
To diagnose a clogged filter or breather, you just need to disconnect the hose and see how the fuel flows. The trickle from the tank should pour out with good pressure. If it is intermittent and weak, then the filter must be pulled out through the neck of the tank and washed or replaced, and the breather must be cleaned with a needle.
The chainsaw carburetor is a rather complex device, equipped with many small parts. Therefore, it is better to entrust its disassembly and repair to specialists.
If the carburetor filter is simply clogged, then it can be carefully removed, shaken out, washed with detergents and put in place.
The carburetor can only be adjusted with your own hands. This is done with three screws strictly according to the instructions.
The main malfunctions of the Partner 350 chainsaw
Most often, the cause of a tool breakdown is associated with interruptions in the operation of the engine or other components and systems. Disassembly is required to eliminate any faults. To do everything right, you need to know the design features of the chainsaw and the main reasons for its breakdown.
Cleaning the muffler
In some cases, the engine starts to stall and smoke at high revs. At the same time, at low speeds, it works normally. Most likely the reason is that the muffler is clogged with combustion products.
To eliminate this malfunction, the muffler is removed, disassembled and cleaned of carbon deposits using detergents. After that, it must be dried with a hairdryer and installed in place.
Cover the saw outlet with a clean cloth while the muffler is removed.
Chainsaw Partner 350: DIY repair,
Today, almost every household has a chainsaw, which is a worthy replacement for axes and hand saws. The Partner 350 hand-held chainsaw will be an ideal solution for people living in a private house or engaged in construction. This tool of the Swedish manufacturer is very convenient and compact, therefore it is suitable for any work on a personal plot.
However, improper maintenance and intensive use of the unit can lead to its breakdown. In this case, it is not necessary to immediately contact a service workshop. Many faults can be corrected by hand. To do this, it is enough to study the saw device and instructions for its repair.
Repair of the cylinder-piston group
In this group, problems are rare. If an element breaks down, it is most often replaced with a new one.
The main malfunctions of the cylinder-piston group:
- Engine power can be lost due to low (about 5 atm) cylinder pressure. To measure it, you need a special pressure gauge, which is called a pressure gauge. Normal working pressure of the cylinder is 8-9 atmospheres.
- If hot gases are emitted into the crankcase, the piston rings are likely to sink.
- Loss of pressure and the release of gases through the cracks may indicate the destruction of the cylinder head gaskets. They need to be replaced.
It is possible to fully assess the condition of all elements of this group only visually, through the hole from the removed muffler. If possible, then remove the cylinder head or the entire cylinder.
If the cause of the chainsaw breakdown is insignificant, then it doesn’t matter whether the tool was made by Russian or Chinese manufacturers. Disassembly and repair of the unit can be done quite easily with your own hands, having previously studied its design and instructions for troubleshooting.
Not sure how to disassemble your Partner chainsaw? After cleaning it with a compressor, follow the basic procedure:
- Removing the brake chain cover;
- Dismantling the saw headset;
- Removing the top cover;
- Dismantling the handle of the device;
- Parsing the starter.
This is the first step, it is recommended to complete it by re-cleaning (using the compressor again) of the air duct, which may contain parts of wood dust, which you did not get rid of during the first cleaning.
After that, dismantle:
- Air filter housing;
To prevent anything superfluous from getting into the crankcase, the intake window cylinder is plugged with a rag.
At the last stage, the flywheel and clutch are removed using the piston stopper.
What is important to know when disassembling a chainsaw?
A disassembled chainsaw will make it possible to quickly diagnose a malfunction and fix it. But it is important to adhere to the basic rules when dismantling each working unit of the device.
- You need to unscrew the clutch in the direction of the saw headset.
- Use socket 13 to remove the flywheel (almost all models have a standard flywheel nut). You need to twist counterclockwise.
- Remember to remove the oil pump (remove once you remove the clutch).
- The last step is to unscrew the engine screws. This allows you to easily detach it from the case.
Important! Sometimes a special puller is needed to remove the flywheel. A soft drift is also suitable, with the help of which the stage of disassembling the chainsaw will accelerate.
Unscrew the nut until it is level with the shaft. Then use a drift and a hammer. It takes one sharp movement (bump) to safely remove the flywheel. To many, this technique will seem barbaric, but almost all masters use it, since this method is reliable and proven. The flywheel will bounce off the shaft, after which it is removed manually, without the use of special tools.
How to disassemble a Partner chainsaw?
Before disassembling the chainsaw, it is thoroughly cleaned, the necessary tools are prepared. Keep at hand a drift made of soft material, hexagons, a cordless drill with different attachments, screwdrivers, a piston stopper, a clutch wrench. It can be made using a head of the appropriate size. You will need clamps and tweezers.
Saw disassembly guide
Racking their brains over how to disassemble a Stihl chainsaw, many forget about the standard cheat sheet, with which the procedure will take a minimum of time.
- At the preparation stage, we remove all the covers, including the side, tire, chain. We carry out cleaning with a compressor, use, if necessary, a brush to get rid of oil stains and dirt. We carefully process the sprocket, the most contaminated part of the tool. Sometimes clean gasoline is used to remove excess oil.
- We remove the handle, which is connected to the body by three rubber shock absorbers. To remove them, first remove the plastic plugs in the inner cavity with a screwdriver. The top shock can be the strongest, so a powerful screwdriver is sometimes used. Unscrew a couple of screws to remove the wire rod.
- We remove the starter. Once the top cover is removed, remove the starter screws and then dismantle the fuel and oil tank caps. This step is simple and takes a minimum of time.
- We remove the flywheel, which is secured most securely. Follow the advice of a professional, and never lock the flywheel in an attempt to avoid turning it (otherwise it may be damaged as the blades cannot handle the high pressure).
- We remove the oil pump (its drive) and the clutch. Before getting to this stage, do not forget to remove the star (the presenter is removed). This can be done by removing the lock washer from the shaft groove. Remove the needle bearing with an asterisk. After that, using the head 19, unscrew (to the left, in the direction of the tire) the clutch. By following this step exactly according to the instructions, you can easily remove the oil pump drive and the reflection plate, which are not connected to the shaft by fasteners.
- We dismantle the ignition coil together with the muffler and carburetor. The main assistant will be a head for 8 (you also cannot do without an extension cord). It won’t take much time to unwind the fasteners of the air filters and the carburetor. Do not forget to eliminate the drive of the ignition system together with the air damper and its draft. These elements must be disconnected from the lever on the engine. The muffler is removed in one motion after two nuts have been removed. The ignition coil is fixed on the same principle.
- Dismantling the engine. As a standard, 4 screws are used to mount the motor, which are located in the bottom of the working tool. To carry out the dismantling carefully, the engine is taken out of the seat (there is also a rubber pipe here). After you have removed the screws, remove the oil seal with the crankshaft, piston rings and bearings. This does not require special tools. However, sometimes a puller is needed (in the case where the bearings are bluntly pressed onto the shaft).
The piston is removed by removing the piston pin. This is done after removing the retaining ring using a thin screwdriver.
Like any type of equipment, a chainsaw, no matter how reliable it may seem, periodically needs repairs, which can be carried out when the tool is properly disassembled. Focusing on the rules for dismantling the main units of the chainsaw, you, without problems and the risk of damaging important parts, will disassemble for further overhaul.
How to start a chainsaw
The efficiency of any tool directly depends on compliance with the rules for its use. This primarily concerns the launch. This should be done in the following sequence:
- Start the chain brake by pressing it forward.
- Remove the protective cover from the tire, if present.
- Turn on the decompression valve to make starting easier.
- Press the fuel suction. This is necessary to reduce the number of swaps.
- Set the combined lever to idle start up all the way down, having previously locked the gas lever.
- Place the tool on a flat surface, take the chainsaw with both hands so that the cutting part is located at a distance from this surface. In this case, place your left hand on the handle, and your right hand at the starting cable. The tool must be secured with your foot, for which you can simply step on the rear handle.
- Now the starter rope must first be pulled and then pulled several times. In this case, you need to move upward from the body.
- The motor will stall as a result of a short start. Therefore, after that, the combination lever must be moved one click up, and then start again.
- If the engine is running, the throttle lever must be pressed, and the combined one must be put into idle.
- Now the chain brake must be removed and the tool can be used.
Despite the simplicity of the process, situations may arise when the chain saw still does not start. The reasons are not always related to tool breakage. Perhaps not enough force was applied. If, nevertheless, after several attempts, the launch was unsuccessful, it is worth conducting a thorough inspection of the device.
How to replace the oil pump
Removal of the oil pump occurs in the following sequence:
- Remove the chain set and then unscrew the bolts that fix the chain guide to the body.
- Now you need to remove the pump and divide it into two parts, then remove the gasket and put a new one in its place.
If this does not correct the problem, then the oil pump must be replaced. All assembly steps must be performed in reverse order.
How to disassemble a chainsaw
The chainsaw can be repaired only after the tool has been disassembled. It should be done as carefully as possible, while it is recommended to clean each part with a detergent and dry thoroughly. Only then is the assembly of the tool allowed.
How to remove an asterisk
To access the chainsaw sprocket, you need:
- Remove the crankcase cover, chain set and bar and then the air filter.
- Unscrew the plug, instead of which insert the piston stopper.
- Unscrew the clutch after inserting a puller into the Allen key hole. This will open access to the asterisk, after which the last one can be removed.
After the faulty part has been removed, the sprocket can be replaced with your own hands.
Diagnostics and troubleshooting
The effectiveness of the repair also depends on the correct diagnostics, because a quick identification of the problem will save time on repair work. If the Partner chainsaw does not work, then the diagnosis is carried out in three stages:
- Spark check;
- Checking the presence of fuel in the cylinder;
- Bearing diagnostics.
Most often, chainsaw problems are associated with the fact that there is either nothing to burn with, or there is nothing to set fire to. Therefore, first you need to check the spark plug, for which you need to unscrew it, and attach the wire to the cylinder, and then pull the starter. A spark may be absent due to a defective spark plug, a broken wire in the power circuit, a malfunction of the ignition button, or the absence of a gap between the flywheel and the coil (the flywheel key from the crankshaft may also break). Due to the lack of a spark, the chainsaw can start, but immediately stalls when you press the gas.
If there is a spark, then the fuel system requires checking, especially if it was found that the spark plug is dry. Diagnostics is as follows. Pour 5 ml of fuel through the plug hole, and then start the saw. If the launch is unsuccessful, then the CPG may wear out, a foreign body may enter it. If the saw starts, then the problem may lie in the improper operation of the carburetor or fuel line.
Diagnostics of the Partner chainsaw also includes checking the crankshaft bearing clearance. To do this, the flywheel must be moved in different directions. If there is a gap, then the bearings must be replaced.
Other malfunctions are possible, which you can solve with your own hands. For example, the saw does not pick up speed or the chain is not lubricated. The first problem is associated with improper carburetor adjustment, and the second with clogged hoses or insufficient oil in the fuel mixture.
Not all chainsaw malfunctions are associated with a breakdown of the carburetor or its improper adjustment. In this case, you will have to repair the Partner chainsaw with your own hands, which is easy to do if you have a tool. This work is carried out in several stages, which depends on the cause and nature of the breakdown:
- Fuel system problems. This is most often due to a dirty fuel filter or breather. In the first case, you need to remove the fuel hose and clean it. It must be rinsed and dried thoroughly before re-installing. As a preventive measure, it is recommended to change the fuel filter every three months. Additionally, it may be necessary to clean the breather, for which it is convenient to use a needle or thin wire. The air damper is cleaned in the same way.
- Partner chainsaw carburetor repair. Adjustment does not always lead to the desired result. The cause may be clogged channels. Compressed air can be used to clear the blockage. It must be remembered that reassembly is only allowed if the parts are clean and dry.
- Cleaning the muffler. If you need to repair a chainsaw when the tool starts to stall at high speeds, you will have to disassemble and clean the muffler. To do this, the part must be removed, unscrewed all the bolts and disassembled. After that, using simple detergents, remove carbon deposits from all surfaces, and then dry thoroughly, using a hairdryer. In no case should carbon deposits be removed dry, as it contains substances hazardous to health and cannot be inhaled.
complex problems are also possible, for example, wear of the piston and crank mechanism, which cannot be eliminated on our own. Therefore, sometimes you will have to turn to specialists for help.
How to set up a chainsaw
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment is carried out in order to set the optimal number of revolutions for efficient tool operation. It is done by adjusting the three main bolts:
- L. is responsible for setting the low speed;
- H. top speed;
- T. idle setting.
Some models have only one screw, the last.
You can only adjust the chainsaw with the first two bolts. If the number of revolutions needs to be reduced, then they are turned clockwise, if increased. counterclockwise. In this case, first turn the first bolt (L), and then the second (H).
Additionally, you need to set the ignition. This work is carried out in the event that the saw does not start or began to work intermittently. To do this, you need to either replace the candle, or fix the wire break.
This problem leads to the fact that the spark appears either before the fuel is supplied, or after a long interval thereafter. The required parameter can be found in the instruction manual for the chainsaw. Setting the ignition angle will help solve the problem.
How to independently diagnose and repair a chainsaw Partner (Partner)
Nowadays, you can’t do without a chainsaw in the household. The most popular model for domestic use is the Partner 350. It is easy to use and available for purchase. But it will last longer if you repair your Partner chainsaw on time, lubricate parts and use high-quality fuel.
Gasoline to oil ratio
The Partner chainsaw is designed for domestic use, therefore the requirements for it are reduced. In particular, to prepare a fuel mixture for a tool, the following proportions of gasoline and oil are required: 40 parts of gasoline and 1 part of oil, that is, 25 ml of lubricant must be added to 1 liter of fuel.
The best chainsaw for a summer resident. Partner 350
The Partner 350 chainsaw is a relative of the famous Husqvarna brand, as Partner is a subsidiary of Husqvarna. Lightweight and convenient, reliable and simple, Partner 350 has found wide application in dachas and in private households. Cutting branches, branches, felling trees. this is not a complete list of works that can be performed with a saw easily and naturally. A quick overview will help you get to know this in more detail.
Basic malfunctions and their elimination
The main malfunctions that you can fix yourself and how to fix them are detailed in the “Operating Instructions”.
The general arrangement is traditional. Differs in simplicity, which means high reliability of the unit.
The diagram of the general device of the Partner 350 chainsaw clearly confirms this.
Starting the engine is simple and reliable. This was made possible by the presence of electronic ignition. A primer (fuel booster pump) plays an important role during start-up.
The air filter is equipped with a double air purification system. As a result of equipping the starter drum with an impeller, large particles of debris do not reach the filter at all. Thanks to this, its service life is increased, and the degree of air purification is increased. In general, this has a beneficial effect on engine performance.
Safe handling of a working saw is achieved by the presence of a chain brake operating in two modes. manual and automatic.
The oil pump is only switched on when cutting. This means that the chain lubrication system is automatic. It must be borne in mind that different types of oils are used to lubricate the chain and prepare the working mixture. Find out what oil is used for the Partner 350 chainsaw will help
Saw chains. Oregon 91P052E 3/8 ″ 1.3 mm 52 links chain is installed on Partner 350 saw. Replacement by analogs is acceptable: Stihl 39970000052c and others. For example, Husqvarna 5776151-22. Make sure that the number of links does not exceed 52 with a chain pitch of 3/8 ″ and a groove width of 1.3 mm. Less (46. 50) is possible, more is not desirable.
The anti-vibration system on the Partner 350 works somewhat harshly. Considering that this saw is not intended for professional use, the overall system can be considered satisfactory. By the way, on subsequent models in this regard, significant improvements have been made.
According to its data, Partner 350 belongs to the type of household (amateur) and fully satisfies the needs of any consumer. For a general introduction to the chainsaw, just look at its main characteristics.
For those familiar with chainsaws, one glance is enough to determine the nature of the 350 Partner. A sufficiently powerful engine and a decent length of the tire indicate that it will be an irreplaceable assistant on the farm, but it is hardly suitable for professional felling.
Pros and cons of the Partner 350 chainsaw
Like any chainsaw mechanism, it has its pros and cons. The main positive will be the following:
- The product is a product of a well-known manufacturer. This indicates the quality of the saw and the developed service network.
- The engine is primed to make it easier to start, especially in cold weather.
- The piston and cylinder of the engine are additionally treated with chrome, which improves their characteristics and contributes to the extension of the service life in general.
- The light weight of the 350 Partnera and the relatively short bar make the saw much easier to operate.
Of course, there are drawbacks, but against the general background they look insignificant. Somewhat difficult access to the air filter and the lack of visual observation of the lubrication level does not make the weather. Those who have installed an extended tire report low engine power. It is natural. It should be so. A triple violation. a change in design parameters unauthorized by the manufacturer, additional load on the engine and direct violation of the requirements of the operating instructions will certainly not improve the operation of the unit.
Preparing the saw for use
Before starting work, you need to set up the Partner 350 chainsaw. A properly prepared saw with a well-run engine does not cause complaints from users. Setting up the unit is simple. Before starting the engine, it is checked:
- Bus fastening;
- Chain tension;
- Ease of rotation of the chain;
- Brake operation;
- Refueling with fuel and oil.
Then the engine starts. Warming it up, you can start working.
Broken starter cord
Partner 350 is quite common on chainsaws, and on all chainsaws, so Partner 350 is no exception. This malfunction is not difficult to repair yourself. Having looked, it becomes clear how a broken starter cord is replaced.
Engine does not start
In this case, it is necessary to check the gap between the spark plug electrodes. It should be 0.5 mm. At the same time, the electrodes must be cleaned of carbon deposits. In most cases, this is sufficient to get the engine running again. To the same extent, starting is affected by contamination of the carburetor, fuel and air filters. After washing them, the engine, as a rule, ceases to be “capricious”. On the pages of the site and the Internet there are many photos and to restore engine performance.
The engine does not develop power (stalls under load)
One more reason is added to the previously listed reasons. it is required to adjust the carburetor or clean the muffler. Adjustment is carried out by adjusting screws. Detailed information on this issue can be found on the pages of the site. The process of detecting and repairing a chainsaw failure is shown.
Annotation for removing the flywheel from the crankshaft
To remove the flywheel, you will need to use a special puller, alas, most of the craftsmen use a drift from soft metal, because with its help, the removal process is significantly accelerated.
The essence is that the flywheel nut is turned out as the correct setting of the moment will be made until it is level with the plane of the shaft, after that, using a hammer and a punch installed on the nut, with one sharp blow, the flywheel is removed from the shaft.
Flywheel does not work
Flywheels rarely break in this saw. Most often this happens precisely because of engine overheating. In this case, do-it-yourself repairs to the Partner 350 chainsaw should be started by removing the protective cover. After that, first of all, the engine is inspected. In some cases, the tire may burn out. If there are no darkening on it, then you can immediately twist the flywheel.
Dismantling the Partner chainsaw. Starter problems
The starter often fails. In this case, do-it-yourself repairs to the Partner 350 chainsaw should be started with the following: unscrew the side cover, which is located next to the gearbox. The starter on the presented saw is located near the engine. In order to inspect this part, the air damper is first removed.
The breather of the presented model gets clogged when low-quality fuel is used. In such a situation, the repair of the Partner 350 piston chainsaw should be started with an inspection of the carburetor. In order to see it, you have to remove the top cover of the device. Next, the ignition module is twisted. After that it is important to disconnect the crank immediately. In this case, you will have to use the keys. The next step is to disconnect the drum.
Right behind it is the carburetor. You do not need to remove it for inspection. The throttle is checked first. In some cases, the problem may lie there. If the throttle is ok, look at the tire. When it is damaged, its sides are slightly knocked off. There may also be cracks in the center of the tire.
The Partner 350 chainsaw, like other chainsaws, has two breathers. One is responsible for equalizing the pressure in the oil tank, the second. in the fuel tank. The oil tank breather is installed next to its cover, and a special one-time iron plug is installed on top of the breather, allowing air to pass through.
The Partner 350 fuel tank breather is located in the carburetor installation area, just like the previous one is closed with a plug.
When diagnosing a chainsaw, you need to check the crankshaft bearings for free play. For this purpose it is necessary to shake the flywheel up and down. If the free play is finite, then the bearings change.
You also need to think about checking the free play of the crankshaft connecting rod. For this purpose, the piston must be locked in the upper position and little by little the flywheel must be shaken from left to right, imitating its natural movement. If there is free play, the Partner 350 crankshaft must be replaced.
Dismantling the PARTNER 340S 350S 360S chainsaw
Chainsaw won’t start. The CPG (piston) was lifted, we understand. Repairs.
The method is slightly barbaric, but time-tested and recommended by many craftsmen as the most convenient and reliable.
Lack of chain lubrication
To control the chain, a special catcher is used, which the Partner 350 chainsaw also has. Faults of this type are the result of improper use of the device. As a result, the chain may sag after a while. In such a situation, the repair of the saw should begin with an inspection of the sprocket.
Next, it is important to inspect the trap. In the device, it is quite simple and is a set of clips. When the trap fails, they are knocked out of the chain. It is impossible to correct them on your own. The only option is to install a new trap. A screwdriver is used to do this. It is fixed on three nuts. When installing the catcher, pay attention that the rollers are located in the upper part and must be near the chain.
There are several circumstances of the lack of lubricant supply on the Partner 350 chainsaw, and in this case today we can list them what remains to be done for our client.
- Oil line rupture.
- Clogged oil filter.
- Lack of worm drive gears.
- Line or pump blockage.
How to solve the obstacles of the oil pump described above.
Failure of the cylinder-piston group
If you want to change the cylinder and piston of the Partner 350 chainsaw, you need to disassemble it according to the method described a little higher. The piston is secured to the highest point of the crankshaft connecting rod with a piston pin. A cage with roller bearings is installed between the pin and the connecting rod.
Then, on the reverse side, it is squeezed out with a small screwdriver. If the finger comes out tight, of course, slowly knock it out with a hammer and a punch, suitable in size, but smaller than the diameter of the bore of the piston pin.
The new piston is installed on the crankshaft in such a way that the arrow on the piston cover points in the direction of chain movement.
To check the correctness of the installation, you need to take the crankshaft with the piston installed on it in such a way that the shaft that the flywheel is installed is in your left hand, with all this the arrow should look away from you.
If a new piston is mounted on the crankshaft, a ring is installed on it, after which the piston is inserted into the cylinder, with all this, the parts are lubricated with engine oil, which will prevent the ring from breaking and facilitate the process. Further, the crankcase is installed.
A common malfunction of the oil pump is the lack of threads and splines on the gear, as it is also called splines on a worm gear. To correct the situation, of course, by changing parts to new ones.
To remove the oil pump on the Partner 350, you need to remove the side cover and the tire of the chainsaw, then lock the piston and use a special key or a homemade key from the 24 head to unscrew the clutch.
To change the Partner 350 drive sprocket, you just need to unscrew the clutch, remove the old part and install the newest one. The sprocket is mounted on the shaft through a needle bearing. When replacing the asterisk, it must be checked for flaws and lubricated. For lubrication, use ordinary Litol or any other that can withstand the highest speed.
The process for changing the drive sprocket is shown in. After seeing which you can easily repeat what you saw on your own chainsaw.
The most serious malfunctions are considered scratches on the surface of the piston and cylinder, their damage, sinking of the piston rings in the grooves, breakdown of the crankshaft bearings.
Most of them lead to the inability to start the engine, as the pressure in the cylinder drops. There are several options for repairing and checking the condition of the cylinder-piston group (CPG).
To see the side surface of the cylinder, you need to remove the muffler and look into the opened gap. Although the review is limited, the general condition of CPH can be seen.
For an accurate assessment of the performance of the cylinder-piston group, you will have to completely disassemble the chainsaw engine. First, the crankcase is disconnected from the cylinder, after which the piston is pulled out. If it has chips, scuffs and large scratches, then it needs to be changed.
In general, you should always monitor the cleanliness of the chainsaw and the various holes. This is the only way to avoid many breakdowns and further repairs. Be sure to take a look. How to do it right.